Other Detergents:
Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent

Pros

Cons

This will make you Rumba....Maybe Samba?

***Every now and then, something new emerges, a new laundry detergent, a new fabric softener.  When Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango was marketed, I knew we had a hit, they threw down the gauntlet, challenging all other manufacturers to rival or beat it.  Gain would love to know...Do You Apple Mango Tango?***

***I Apple Mango Tango!  Doing laundry, though, not so much, as I do insist that these two products in tandem be used to launder my clothes.  I love the sensual feel and smell of Gain.  Using these products shows the love you have for your clothes.  While, you're loving them, they're loving you back, they wrap you up in softness, expansive...from your head to your toes, such a sweet and delicate scent that..tantalize your nose.  Gain Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango is liquid poetry in a bottle and so great for your clothes.  So clean, so fresh, they can help us all to look our best. ***

***How do you care for your clothes? Can you say.... I Apple Mango Tango?***

Smelled like wet dog

I can't recommend this product. I've really tried to like Gain detergent as most people seem to like it, but this was awful. This scent really smells terrible to me and it didn't seem to clean the clothes. So after a few tries never finishing any of the bottles, I'm over Gain detergent. Guess you either love it or not.

Tried a few bottles over the years with the same result. The clothes don't seem any cleaner than when they went in. I did a test with my last load, putting in just white towels. One towel I had fresh dirt on it, the other some raspberry vignette salad dressing. I used the recommended amount for my front loader even put a bit of detergent on the salad dressing spot and washed on warm/warm. None of the stains came out and the whites did not look very clean.

That is not the result I get from other detergents using less product so I knew it's wasn't my water or something else. The detergent failed.

This scent is awful. My white load came out smelling like "wet dog".
I had to rewash the entire "test" load with another product and bleach.

Smells wonderful cleans great!

from Griffin, GA

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

In the past I was a Surf only person. when I moved the water didn't get the detergent off the clothes so I switched to a liquid detergent. Most of the scents don't agree with me...too outdoorsy or too perfumy for me. I tried Gain Apple Mango Tango after seeing it in a commercial and it is heaven to my nose. The scent is different, not too strong, and I can smell it a week after I have done laundry. It cleans my towels and sheets really well. I almost can't wait to get a new towel to smell the scent. I always keep 2 bottles on hand because I don't want to run out! And I always get the coupons out of the Sunday paper that usually have one at least once per month. This makes it an even better bargain.

So refreshing and different from the outside or perfume scents that are too strong. Not too much apple or mango. Just a great blend. I love to smell this and use it especially for my towels and sheets.

Buy it

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I bought this one because the smell description totally caught my attention. There are no other detergents quite like this one - and the lavender smells up and down the aisle don't appeal to me at all. Apple mango tango takes the cake. I also like that Gain makes a matching fabric softener, so I have the complete package and don't have conflicting smells when doing my laundry. This detergent gets my clothes clean, soft, and smelling great. It takes out stains like a breeze and leaves everything very fresh. My roommate started using this brand too after she borrowed it from me once.

Gets stains out, keeps clothes very fresh. Very happy with this product.

The smell is great. I especially love how different it is compared to almost every other laundry detergent. I love that Gain makes a matching smell fabric softener so I don't have conflicting smells in my laundry.

Smells amazing!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

If you are looking for a laundry detergent with an amazing smell, this is the one! I purchased this after smelling it on my sister’s clothing. We had issues with the water in our area making the clothes smell bad and this definitely worked to cover up the odor caused by the water. The apple mango tango smell will fill your home when the washing machine or dryer is going. When you get the laundry out, it still smells lovely. The only complaint I have is the price. It is of course more expensive than some brands but once you have the pleasant odor in your home you will be more than willing to pay the extra few bucks. They also have dryer sheets in the same scent to help your clothes feel soft and have a little extra scent. Not only does is smell nice, it gets the clothes nice and clean, which is more than what some detergents can do. You won’t regret trying the Apple Mango Tango by Gain!

Works good!

It will fill your home with its amazing scent!

Smelled like wet dog

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

This scent is awful. My white load came out smelling like "wet dog".
I had to rewash the entire "test" load with another product and bleach.

Smells great and gets the clothes clean

from Texas

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I wasn't sure about buying a laundry detergent that said it smelled like apple mango but I decided to give it a try. Much to my surprise, the scent is light and just smells light and clean. The scent is very light but it seems to stay in the clothes longer than it does in other detergents. If you haven't tried this product, I suggest giving it a try.

I have used this detergent for about a month now and was really surprised that the clothes seem to be brighter and for some reason clothes are not so wrinkled when coming out of the washer. I love that, it means I don't have to do as much pressing.

As someone who has allergies and asthma I am pretty careful about which scents I have around me, particularly when it involves clothing but for some reasons this one doesn't seem to bother me and I love the clean fresh smell. My husband even commented that he likes this smell as it doesn't smell like a woman perfume to him.

One of my Favorites

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

The Gain Apple Mango Tango scented laundry detergent is one of my favorite laundry soaps. It does a fantastic job of cleaning my clothes, and has one of my favorite scents. I have been using Gain for years, and it has yet to disappoint. It is very powerful in removing stains, and a bottle will last you longer than you think. I typically use only a half a cap full as opposed to a full cap (unless I'm trying to remove some really heavy stains), and it does just as good of a job.
To my knowledge Gain only comes in a liquid form (although I could be wrong), and it does not damage your washing machine.
There really isn't anything I could say bad about this product. It may be a little pricey compared to other detergents out there, but you really do get your money's worth out of it.

Performs well, and will remove the heaviest of stains.

I love this scent. It has a very pleasant fruity smell to it.

Smells Heavenly, thats all!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I gave this product a 7 because it smells great. I don't necessarily like the results I get when laundering my clothes in this product. I used this product initially because of the new fragrance available thinking it was the same as the original. It is not. I have found that in order to get good results, you have to laundering items twice, especially if they are really soiled. I recommend using this with a pre-treat in order to get the best result, as it does not do the best on its own.

This did not clean my clothes as well as I thought it would according to the hype. It actually seems to make my clothes seem very dull and dingy looking. I even added a booster to the detergent and was not very pleased with the results of using this product. There also seems to be a film left on my clothes after laundering them in this product, actually felt sticky to the touch.

This product smells heavenly. I love the lingering smell of this product. It is not offensive to the nose, nor is it sweet smelling which can get very old, very quickly.

I love the scent

from Portland, OR

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

This apple mango tango scent is amazing to me. It's one of my favorite smells. I think the product did a decent job cleaning. So I was pleased with that. I use to use this product but have had to change my detergent because this detergent isn't good for my sensitive skin. I wouldn't recommend this anyone with sensitivities and especially those who have an agitator washing machine. I used to not be sensitive the product but now i am so maybe an ingredient has changed. Going back to the scent though the smell is accurate to its description and last a long time. I loved washing my sheets in this it had such a nice scent when i laid down.I really miss using this product fort hat reason. The overall performance was kind of lacking though. I didn't feel like my whites were getting any whiter and it was just average to less than average at removing the more difficult stains.

Smells Heavenly

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

This detergent is amazing. It makes the laundry smell delicious. I mean I'm not usually the towel-eating type but since we switched to the Apple Mango Tango scent I've been seriously tempted. My 5-year-old helps me sort socks and I've caught him (more than once) "sock sniffing" with his eyes rolled back in his head. I know I sound scent-obsessed but hear me out: We are a cloth-diapering family with three kids. Cloth diapers require a special detergent to prevent the fabric from becoming non-absorbant, keep baby skin from getting irritated and to counteract the amonia smell, but it's a very "bare bones" formula and can leave any load of laundry we run after the diapers are washed smelling kind of musty unless we run the machine for an extra cycle between loads first, wasting water. Enter Gain Mango Tango: No more wasted water! No more musty laundry! And yes, you can use less than recommended and it still cleans the clothes beautifully. Highly recommended.

Stinks too high heaven.Would not ever use again.

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

-1 Like the original scent.

Had to wash my clothes again. Even cleaned my washer with affresh washed my towels again the same thing they smell sour.

Thought I would try the Mango Tango big mistake, made my clothes and towels smell sour. Going back to the original scent.