Other Coffee Makers:
Drip Coffee Makers
GE
GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker

GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker

My GE coffee maker simplified my kitchen!

When I found out I was pregnant, one of the first things I knew would have to change was my daily caffeine intake. I tried giving up coffee entirely, but couldn't do it with the pregnancy fatigue. So I cut back my morning cup to just 12 oz ("two cups" in a coffee maker). It felt silly to make 2 cups in my 12-cup coffee maker, and I suddenly realized how much counter space it took up in my fairly small kitchen. My husband surprised me at Christmas and bought this wonderful GE 5-cup coffee maker. It is small, and is easily tucked to the back of the counter, which has freed up much-needed space. The surface wipes down easily, keeping it always clean & new looking. I love the fact that the grounds basket can either have a filter, or go filter-less (it is it's own filter). It brews quickly, is steaming hot, and shuts off after an hour (which was great for a forgetful pregnant woman!). Now that I have an adorable little boy to chase after, and get up multiple times a night with, I love using the automatic brew setting. When I get up in the morning, I already smell my coffee ready to drink!

My GE 5 cup digital coffeemaker disappointed me.

When I bought the GE 5 cup coffee maker, I was really pumped up because it was so cute. The cute coffee maker probably works fine, but I can't use it. While drying the caraffe with a towel, I accidentally broke it. This was only one week after purchasing the coffee maker. I have been unable to get a replacement pot for the machine and am very disappointed. I have a feeling, given the thinness of the glass, that should someone actually get me a replacement pot, I still would have the same old trouble - it would break again.

I can't say that everything about this coffee maker is bad, because I did enjoy the small size, the fast brewing time, and the water filter. The coffee tasted wonderful and the maker was easy to use. GE just needs to make a sturdier caraffe.

I loved it!

from Wilson,NC

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

My coffee pot lasted a couple of years and i almost cried when it broke. Will replace it soon.

GE 5-cup Digital Coffee Maker is PERFECT for me.

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

GE 5-cup digital coffee maker is perfect for me, because I'm the only coffee drinker in my house. I use it daily for just a cup or two or if I get a splurge to drink more coffee the 5 cup pot is just the right size to quickly make more. Also, for those morning guest that could use a cup its the perfect size to offer a cup to anyone. Oh and did I forget to shut it off no more with its automatic shut off.

Brew Performance
    The brew performance is great. NO matter how many cups I make they all turn out the same in strength.

This coffee maker is easy to clean, and quickly to do. It wipes off easy. The pot rinses clean with simple dish soap and water. Cleaning the inside is as fast as brewing plain water through the coffee maker. My estimated clean up time is less than 10 mins. doing all of these steps.

This coffee maker is the easiest to use.

Love the design, small and convenient.

I've had this coffee maker over 2 years. It still looks and brews like new.

• Brew Performance:

If Only it were Hotter

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

I wasn't a big coffee drinker. But after having three kids, I need a little something to get me going in the mornings. I like this pot because it's small and compact and fits nicely on my kitchen counter. I love the colors of it and I like the way it gets my coffee done quickly. I also like the fact that I can program it to wake up to coffee. Here are my problems with it. It doesn't seem to get the coffee hot enough. I have never burned my lip or tongue on a cup of coffee. The bright blue light that displays the time, is way too bright, I wish there was a way to dim it. For that reason, I unplug it when I am done, unless I have programmed it. Overall, it's a pretty good coffee pot for the price and the size.

Brew Performance
    It's not hot enough...

I can stick it in the dishwasher and keep it movin'.

Dump in the coffee, pour in the water, turn it on!! DONE!! No filters, no mess!!

I love the black and chrome look.

I've had it for over and year and use it about 3-4 times a week. The top has broken off of it.

• Brew Performance:

Great space-saving coffee maker

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

My husband's old huge 12 cup coffee maker finally died a few months ago, and I asked him to please buy a smaller one. He came home with this one and we have both been happy with it. I don't drink coffee so this makes more than enough coffee for him. This black and stainless steel coffee maker is a nice appliance to look at and have out on your counter. It has a built in coffee filter basket, which is great and keeps us from having to buy coffee filters. It has an automatic timer that you can set at night to wake up to freshly brewed coffee. The pot is also dishwasher safe. The only thing I do not like at all about this appliance is the very bright blue digital clock that you cannot disable. It will illuminate your entire dark kitchen. Other than that this is a great coffee maker!

My GE 5 cup digital coffeemaker disappointed me.

from Vanderbilt, MI

Great Little Coffemaker

from Mount Vernon, MO

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

My husband bought this coffee maker a while back.  Previously he was using a larger coffee maker.  I don't drink coffee, so with only one person in the  household drinking coffee, the larger was a bit excessive.  I appreciate that this one doesn't take up nearly so much space on the countertop.  He is satisfied with the coffee.  We like the re-usable filter.  It always seemed like such a waste to buy disposable filters.  The only thing that we don't like about the coffee maker is the clock on it.  It seems like with all of the Go Green that is popular right now, that every appliance wouldn't have to have a clock on it.  I mean really, my husband has no problem getting up in the morning and turning on the switch rather than using the timer.  But to save on that wasted electricity all day--little things do add up--we unplug it after each use and replug in every morning to avoid the wasted electricity.

now this is a coffeemaker!

from Charleston, SC

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

I received this coffeemaker as a hand-me-down from a friend that was moving and had just upgraded to a much more expensive coffee/maker/espresso maker.  I jumped at the opportunity to take it, mostly because it was free and because it matched my appliance better than the plain black one I had before. I was PLEASANTLY surprised by how well it works. It makes coffee super fast and has an automatic turn off button in case you are forgetful like I am.  What stinks, though, is that my husband gets up earlier than I do and makes coffee for both of us and by the time I roll out of bed hours later, its already turned off and cold. But the machine does its job and works really hard! The timer on it is another great feature which I do not think we have ever taken advantage of, but it is nice to see the time on the coffee maker. GE really made a wonderful product (like they always do- I have never had a problem with them) and it looks great! If you need to make coffee for an army of a family, however, i'd suggest something larger.

Gets the job done

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

I bought my five cup GE coffee maker about a year ago. I would have to say the best thing about this Coffee maker is the built in coffee filter. This filter easily pops out. If there are used coffee grinds in the filter all you have to do is turn it upside down and rinse all the grinds out i the sink. The size is perfect if there is only one coffee drinker in the house. Since the pot is much smaller, you end up using far less coffee grinds than you would use in a bigger coffee pot. It's size also takes up much less space on the counter top. It's black so it also goes with other kitchen appliances. The only two things that I don't like about this coffee maker is that it automaticaly turns itself off after being on for one hour. This is good for energy saving, but it also means that if you don't drink three cups of coffee in one hour, you have to turn it back on all the time. The second, and smaller thing is the digital clock. It works just fine but is just a little too bright.

The GE 5-Cup Coffee maker is a cute little coffee pot!

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about GE 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker:

I just bought this coffee maker a couple of weeks back and I'm in love with it.  It wakes me up in the morning with my coffee ready.  I find the programming feature really helpful as the coffee is ready whenever I need it and I don't have to wait for it.  It looks quite good and is easy to clean too.

My GE coffee maker simplified my kitchen!

from Warren, OH