Other Digital Cameras:
Fujifilm

Ultra Compact

from Endwell, NY

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z30 Digital Camera:

I was looking for a really small camera and I bought Fujifilm Finepix Z30 solely because of its ultra compact size. It is indeed my first Fuji camera. The camera has a 2.7-inch LCD screen and features 10 megapixel and 3x optical zoom--basic features you could expect from most digital camera though 3x zoom to me is not sufficient. What caught my attention besides its size was that it's available in a variety of rainbow colors. Mine is purple. The camera turns on once you move the little cover to the side to reveal the lens. Unlike many camera, the lens does not protrude. The benefit of which is that it's less likely to break. In terms of photo quality, I would give it a B+. It did well in sunlight and natural light but sort of grainy in dim light. Ergonmicly, it's too small and the design sometimes makes it hard to hold the camera for an extended peroiod. The camera works with rechargeable li-ion battery. The battery life is average, about one and a half hour on one charge--not to my satisfaction.

from Sparks, NV

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z30 Digital Camera:

My only regret is that I did not get another one of these for myself. I Purchased it for a birthday present for our youngest daughter and was impressed by the clarity of the pictures and how quickly she was able to use the camera without reading the instructions.  The CCD sensor and 10 megapixels make it easy to enlarge photos without distorsion.  It shoots short movies that can be sent via e-mail to family and friends, it acts as a video chat camera and has 3x optical zoom lense that is more than sufficient for vacations.  I recently found out that there is a case specifically designed for the camera to take it under water and video tape or take photos of aquatic life while snorkling/diving.

The photo quality, vibrant colors and ease of use makes this camera a favorite.  Well above my Nikon SLR (heavy, bulky and requires film) and well above my other 2 digital cameras that require a tutorial in order to understnad the complexity of the settings.

Fine Pix has great pictures for a great price

from Bigfork, MT

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z30 Digital Camera:

My 35 mm camera finally bit the dust.  I tried a few other name brands but the pictures were fuzzy and I really wasn't impressed.  The Fine Pix was inexpensive and I thought I would give it try.  I have been really impressed with this small camera.  It fits in my small purse or coat pocket and I take it everywhere.  The pictures turn out great when printed and is really easy to operate.  All normal features with the digital camera are there.  The one con is make sure you get extra batteries because it is a rechargable camera and you don't want to be somewhere special and have your camera die.  I bought 2 extra batteries that are always fully charged so when there is a special ocassion and I know my camera will be on for a while I won't lose my camera.  Also it has about 30 minutes of video recording with sound, I really like that feature.  It is such a great little camera, that I bought one for my 25 year old son.

east use and understand.

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z30 Digital Camera:

Alrighty, this camera, is a decent camera. It has red eye reduction, its easy to use and understand the manual (if you read the manual) it comes with a rechargeable battery (NP-45), a battery charger, a hand strap, usb cable (so you can plug it into your computer and download the pictures you have taken into it) and a cd-rom-FinePix Viewer. it also has an anti shake feature, (for those of you who have a hard time holding the camera still) it has a ton of space for pictures and videos, although, the more videos you take, the less pictures you can take. also if the video is long enough to take up that much memory for it to allow you less pictures. but you can fix that by just downloading them to your computer. it also has a face detecting feature, which allows the camera to focus on more than one person, which is great for those special family photos. just make sure you have enough light if you are taking the picture without the flash, otherwise, it will come out dark. and if you ARE using the flash, make sure you aren't too close, otherwise you'll end up just getting a picture that just looks like you were trying to take a picture of the sun up close. one more thing. if you are taking video, absolutely make sure you have enough lighting, other wise, you won't get the quality you were expecting. it takes awesome photos, and great videos, if you follow my tips.

absolutely beautiful picks by fuji

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z30 Digital Camera:

it takes beautiful picks, awesome videos. although, you can't zoom in and take a perfect picture because it'll zoom in too far and you'll miss the person/thing you are trying to take a picture of. hope this helps. and i would definitely recommend this digital camera to someone.