3.6
Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers

Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers

3.6

Frigidaire Front Load GLTF2940FS1

I purchased this washing machine after having already previously owned a Frigidaire Washing Machine (top load).  My old washing machine was very good, too.  My only complaint about that one was it's volume, as we had a second-floor laundry room.  After doing a lot of research with Consumer Reports and reading online reviews, I was very open to exploring the option of having another set of Frigidaire laundry appliances.  Many top loading washers were no longer receiving good reviews because of the water restrictions being placed by industry changes.  With the costs of front load machines coming down, it was the perfect time for me to make the decision to go ahead and buy a front load machine.  I compared prices, warranties, performance and energy star ratings before making a decision, and after all of that, we picked the Frigidaire.  Since having the machine, I'm quite happy with it.  Small items (change, baby socks) do often get caught in the rubber seal around the opening, but that is preferable to the little trap door that some units offer.  The machine is sometimes a bit loud, but only when using hot water.  It cleans well and performs well.  One suggestion when using this, or any other front load washer, is to leave the door open when it's not in use.  Otherwise a musty, mildewy smell will manifest.

Buy American - Frigidaire is NOT!

We have owned two of these products, my husband worked at this company for 25+ years. Main reason we purchased is for the company discount.  I would never recommend buying ANY Frigidaire product!!!!  They no longer are made in America - thousands at his company lost their jobs to greedy owners moving to Mexico.  As for the machine -- it has ruined several articles of clothing.  If you happen to get clothing between the door, or in the little boot the front of door rests in -- it will shred your clothing to bits.  This has happened several times, and I am cautious to get my clothes inside.  Repairs on these machines are terribly costly!!  Watch your pockets - things can get caught (ie license) and burn up your motor in it.  The fabric dispenser seems to never work, and my husband cannot get it to function (and he made these things!).  Also, I miss the option of soaking my white clothing.  Virtually impossible with a front load washer.  Save your money, find something made in America!

Great machine

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

Overall this is a great washing machine. I love that it's energy efficient and that it lets you be in control of whether or not you want to utilize this function. The dial and buttons are also user friendly. One complaint is that every time I wash socks a few of them end up stuck in the rubber seal between the drum and door. The rubber seal, I believe, is used to keep the water from leaking out since it is a front loader. Anyway, they become soaked with water and don't get washed. I'm not sure it's this particular washers fault or the fact that it's a front loader washer. I've tried placing the socks near the back or under lots of clothes hoping they wouldn't find their way to the seal but they do. Also after you wash you have to keep the door open for a long time to let the moister out. If you don't, then condensation can stay in there for days. That kind of bugs me too. Other than this I like my washer. It's also extremely quiet compared to other washers I've had in the past.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Savings on water and dryer time with this wonder machine

from Deposit, NY

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

Uses less water than your regular washer dont know how it does it but it makes the clothes cleaner! So I save on my water bill and have cleaner clothes.
The clothes also come out dryer than my old machine which in turn means less time in the dryer a real electric bill savings as well.

Love my Frigidaire front loader Also other than when it is spinning you have no idea the machine is even on, nice a quiet

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Love the various settings of my washing machine.

from Woodstock, CT

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

My husband and I received this washing machine (as well as the dryer) for our wedding present 4 years ago from my father. We replaced an old stackable set with this high energy efficient front loading set. I love that it has a multitude of settings varying from water temp to spin cycle and everything in between. I've done a lot of laundry since having it. Especially with two young kids who go through clothes like crazy. I am able to set the washing machine to a gentle cycle for things that need a little more care or a normal cycle for their clothes. I'm also able to increase the temp of the water should I need it when washing my husband's scrubs for work to elimiate germs. I've even washed a rug that most people on line said fell apart in their washer and it turns out great every single time. My only complaint with this machine is that after 4 years it makes a heck of a noise when spinning. Even my two year old says it's too loud. We have our washer and dryer on our main floor in the bathroom. It might just need to be serviced, but it's terribly crazy during spin cycle. Otherwise, I love it and would suggest to anyone.

I was not sure until.

from Charleston, SC

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

I got these 2 years ago when I bout my first home and loved them over the old top loaders I had at the rental house. I did not loved, loved it at first until I realized I was using to much soap and softener in them and now my clothes are so much cleaner. But I did have one issue with it and that was about a month before the makers warranty was up the was a tear out of the seal. But the Frigidaire had me call a local repair man and Frigidaire pay for it I did not have to pay up front at all. Now it is working great again and I hope there in no more issues like this seeing we will be a DIY.

Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3. Not great.

from Land O Lakes, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

When we needed to buy a new clothes washer, I was adament about getting a front loader. We went to Lowe's and the cheapest one was the Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3. It was a floor model, so it was missing the insert for shoes, or whatever you use that for. That was fine, because we wouldn't ever use it. The writing on the front had also started to wear off, and that has only gotten worse.

Like most front loaders, you cannot leave clothes in the Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3 for longer than a few hours or they because really musty. The rubber seal around the door is mildewy and I cannot get it clean. I have to leave the door open at ALL TIMES (unless we are washing a load) or it gets a nasty smell. Thank goodness it is in the garage, because if my washer was within sight of visitors, I would not be pleased.

It works okay, but you cannot adjust the size of the load, so if you need to wash a small load, you still end up wasting water.

I really wish I would have researched washers before I made this purchase. I was concerned about price, but looking back, I would have paid more to get a better quality front loader.

Also, it doesn't always close right. If you don't have the clothes loaded just so, it will make a loud buzzing sound when you try to start the load. Irritating.

Buy American - Frigidaire is NOT!

from Ames, IA

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

Frigidaire has a Fabulous Energy Efficient Washer!

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

We purchased this front loading washer to replace a 10 year old top loader.  We have been extremely pleased.  It is a very energy efficient, Energy Star item.   It uses considerably less water than our last model.   Both of these considerations were important to be, as I prefer to buy things that are eco friendly.  The first thing I noticed, though, we what a thorough job it did of spinning the water out of my clothing.  Clothing came out of the final cycle much less wet than with my top loader.  I generally prefer to line dry my clothes, but whether using the line or the dryer my clothing dried much faster.  If line drying this is simple more convenient.  If using the dryer, this translates into yet another energy saving and thus money saving benefit.  The machine does a very thorough job of washing the clothes.  The one thing I do regret is I was given the open of buying a extra piece that raised the washer up, making it easier to take laundry in and out.  I thought it unnecessary, but I will say that the bending is a little hard on the back.  Still, this is a small consideration compared to the many benefits of this washer.

It works well, but there are some problems

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

I originally purchased this washer because I had heard lots of people talk about how great the front loading washers are.  It was more than I had planned on spending on a washer, but I figured that a washer is something you buy once and it should last you for 15 years if you are lucky.  I have overall had a good experience with this washer, but I don't think I would buy it again.

The good: it washes really well.  Seriously, it is much better than any other washer I have used.

The bad: water gets stuck in the seal on the front and gets moldy and stinky.  I have to prop the door open and manually dry the little rubber gromets out so that it doesn't get moldy and stinky there.  Also, I have already had something (a piece of waxy paper) get stuck in a little blower, so I had to pull things apart and fix it.  I don't know if I was just unlucky or the design of these washers is such that it is more vulnerable to that type of problem.

I love my waher

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

I bought this washer about 4 years ago and I am still loving it. I also bought the stackers that go along with them so that they are at level with you and you can store clothes in the drawer underneth. It's simple to use and with the pull out drawer for your detergant it makes it easy. at the top left corner in the picture is the detergant drawer and it is divided one for your detergant, one for the bleach and another for fabric softner. I would highly reccomend this washer to anyone. The price is actually reasonable and you don't have to take out a loan to out right purchase this one, I just love it! My clothes alway's come out smelling fresh and clean. The only bad experience that I have had is it throws a code every now and then and I have looked it up and it says the water is too hot, but im not exactly sure if my husband hooked up the hoses right either, so it could just be our mistake! Anyhow I wouldn't sell my washer and dryer for anything!

The Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer has been excellent

from Eldridge, IA

Comments about Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers:

My Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer came free from American along with the matching dryer.  I love my washer.  Great capacity, effective cleaning, and many wash cycles to choose from.  Even a "quick" cycle when you are in a hurry.  I love that it uses less soap and water.  We have seen a drop in our water bill since using this product.  I would recommend splurging on the drawer the washer sits on.  They also have a huge capacity and make the Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer easier to load.  I have noticed, if I don't leave the door open after running a load, the inside can smell moldy.  That is really my only complaint.