3.4
Frigidaire
FAFS4272LW
Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washers

Worst appliance ever

We received this free as an incentive to trade in our non energy efficient washer for this energy efficient washer. There was nothing wrong with our other one. This one says it'll be done in 35 minutes but takes 50. The door locks, which is fine, but doesn't unlock when it is supposed to. We've already had someone replace the latch and we haven't had it long.

Cv

Great machine

Overall this is a great washing machine. I love that it's energy efficient and that it lets you be in control of whether or not you want to utilize this function. The dial and buttons are also user friendly. One complaint is that every time I wash socks a few of them end up stuck in the rubber seal between the drum and door. The rubber seal, I believe, is used to keep the water from leaking out since it is a front loader. Anyway, they become soaked with water and don't get washed. I'm not sure it's this particular washers fault or the fact that it's a front loader washer. I've tried placing the socks near the back or under lots of clothes hoping they wouldn't find their way to the seal but they do. Also after you wash you have to keep the door open for a long time to let the moister out. If you don't, then condensation can stay in there for days. That kind of bugs me too. Other than this I like my washer. It's also extremely quiet compared to other washers I've had in the past.

Great front Load Washer

I bought this washer in 2004! It is still going strong. Its actually really quiet. The cold/cold settings do a great job on colors. I use Gain he or Era he liquid.. and only a small amount. The hand wash and quick settings are great for light soil loads. Its large enough and strong enough to handle a queen comforter.. spins out well and no bunching.

true

Best machine I have ever owned

This machine cleans like no other machine I have ever owned. It is also large and able to handle even my giant loads without compromising the cleanliness. It is relatively quiet and fast as well. This is my first front loader washing machine and I love it! Energy Efficiency When I first used my machine I was suprised by how little water it used, I thought that there was no way the clothes were going to come out clean. But I was wrong, the clothes were extreamly clean dispite the small amount of water used. Cleaning Time The cleaning cycle is relatively fast and it does not need to be done to frequently. I have a family of four and wash about four to six loads of laundry a week. It seems like my cleaning prompt comes on about once every six weeks. When I do run the cleaning cycle it takes about forty one minutes. I love that the machine tells me when to clean it, so I do not have to guess. Performance When I noticed that my kid's clothes were coming clean without needing stains being pre-treated, I feel in love with this washing machine. I am not saying I never pre-treat because I do, but the need is not as frequent as it once was. This machine dose a great job of getting clothes clean. My only complaint is that my cat's hair dose not all come off our clothing, but I do not think it is fair to expect that it would. My favorite things are the cold water clean (which washes like hot water), and the steam setting. Ease of Use This machine is very easy to use, you just turn the knob to select your wash cycle, and hit start. If you want to add steam, fresh rinse, or another fancy option just click the button before hitting start; it's really that easy! Design The design is very modern and clean, it looks great in my laundry room. Durability I have had this for about seven months and have had no problems with it. It seems to be a solid built machine and I am confident that my family will get many years of clean clothing from it.

Piece of Junk !!!

This is the worst washing machine we have ever owned. Purchased it approx. 3 years ago and have NOT been happy since week 1. The machine is very noisey,vibrate's horrible, walks away from the wall. We have done numerous complaints to the store that we purchased it from......their answer is "you are not filling it full enough with clothes" They even suggested putting rubber anti-vibration blocks under the legs. This is all BS and this machine is a PIECE OF JUNK !!!!! Do Not ever own one !!!

Grows Mold

I cannot stand this washing machine. There is mold everywhere. We have had it a little over a year, and I pull clothes out smelling musty and mildewy. I leave the door open on the washer as is recommended, but there is black mold everywhere. Customer service will not help as it was purchased over a year ago.

Escondido, CA

false

Savings on water and dryer time with this wonder machine

Uses less water than your regular washer dont know how it does it but it makes the clothes cleaner! So I save on my water bill and have cleaner clothes. The clothes also come out dryer than my old machine which in turn means less time in the dryer a real electric bill savings as well. Love my Frigidaire front loader Also other than when it is spinning you have no idea the machine is even on, nice a quiet

Deposit, NY

true

Love the various settings of my washing machine.

My husband and I received this washing machine (as well as the dryer) for our wedding present 4 years ago from my father. We replaced an old stackable set with this high energy efficient front loading set. I love that it has a multitude of settings varying from water temp to spin cycle and everything in between. I've done a lot of laundry since having it. Especially with two young kids who go through clothes like crazy. I am able to set the washing machine to a gentle cycle for things that need a little more care or a normal cycle for their clothes. I'm also able to increase the temp of the water should I need it when washing my husband's scrubs for work to elimiate germs. I've even washed a rug that most people on line said fell apart in their washer and it turns out great every single time. My only complaint with this machine is that after 4 years it makes a heck of a noise when spinning. Even my two year old says it's too loud. We have our washer and dryer on our main floor in the bathroom. It might just need to be serviced, but it's terribly crazy during spin cycle. Otherwise, I love it and would suggest to anyone.

Woodstock, CT

I was not sure until.

I got these 2 years ago when I bout my first home and loved them over the old top loaders I had at the rental house. I did not loved, loved it at first until I realized I was using to much soap and softener in them and now my clothes are so much cleaner. But I did have one issue with it and that was about a month before the makers warranty was up the was a tear out of the seal. But the Frigidaire had me call a local repair man and Frigidaire pay for it I did not have to pay up front at all. Now it is working great again and I hope there in no more issues like this seeing we will be a DIY.

Charleston, SC

true

Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3. Not great.

When we needed to buy a new clothes washer, I was adament about getting a front loader. We went to Lowe's and the cheapest one was the Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3. It was a floor model, so it was missing the insert for shoes, or whatever you use that for. That was fine, because we wouldn't ever use it. The writing on the front had also started to wear off, and that has only gotten worse. Like most front loaders, you cannot leave clothes in the Frigidaire Energy Star Front Load Washer LTF2140ES3 for longer than a few hours or they because really musty. The rubber seal around the door is mildewy and I cannot get it clean. I have to leave the door open at ALL TIMES (unless we are washing a load) or it gets a nasty smell. Thank goodness it is in the garage, because if my washer was within sight of visitors, I would not be pleased. It works okay, but you cannot adjust the size of the load, so if you need to wash a small load, you still end up wasting water. I really wish I would have researched washers before I made this purchase. I was concerned about price, but looking back, I would have paid more to get a better quality front loader. Also, it doesn't always close right. If you don't have the clothes loaded just so, it will make a loud buzzing sound when you try to start the load. Irritating.

Land O Lakes, FL