2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

To affinity and beyond

After using my Affinity front load washing machine for one year, I have learned the tricks needed to get rid of a "sour" smell that is left in the machine.  I take a dry wash cloth & dry off the front glass and get down inside the rubber rim.  Sometimes I leave the door open to dry completely.  Best yet, there is a new product called "Affresh" made by Whirlpool especially for High Efficiency washers.  Affresh comes in a package of 3 large tablets.  Run the washing machine (empty of clothes) with an Affresh tablet (I used 2 the first time) on the HOT water setting.  Doing this really helped the 'smell".  The package recommended running a tablet through once a month.

Otherwise, I love my Affinity washer & dryer - but have talked to others that agree there is smell.

Has a new filter that clogs constantly and it is on the inside

I bought a brand new set and I chose Fridgidaire because I had loved my previous set.  Withing 3 months, I had to have repair out because it would not empty water and spin.  Found out from the repairman that they had put a new filter type thing on the inside of the machine that cannot be cleaned by anyone other than a repairman.  I was told if I had to have him back out for the same problem, there would be a charge.  Why did I buy a warranty?  What does this filter do for me?  I have dogs and there is bound to be dog hair in everything I wash.  Repairman told me not to wash anything with dog hair.  DUH!  What good is it to have this washer? Very unsatisfied!

great!

from los angeles, ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

• Bedding
  • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

Never had a single problem with it, 5 years later still doing a great job!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

A piece of junk!

Ours is two years old and we have had it surviced twice. Thank goodness we bought the extended warrenty!

Can change the direction of the door.

Two years old and controll panel went out and now it leaks water. The rubber around the door gets moldy even when you wipe it out and leave the door open. The machine smells even with the detergent door and washer door open. For the amount of money we paid for this machine it should be of better quality! We will never buy another Frigidaire or front load!!!! Buying a new top load Maytag today!!

Very poor design

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

There is a mildew problem on the rubber around the door, the soap dispenser tray is always filled with water, and the front door has started sagging and is actually cracking in two.

Cleaning Time
If you haven't used a HE washer before, be prepared for longer wash cycles

The machine is always wet. We dry it off with every use and still have a mildew problem that continues to get worse. We have tried bleach and vinegar, but so far nothing works. The soap tray is always filled with water.

The door started to sag, so it has to be lifted up to fit properly. The machine will think it's closed properly, which leads to water all over the floor. The sagging is causing stress ont he door which is now cracking.

Worst Washer I've Owned

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

Oh how I wished that I had looked at these reviews prior to buying this washer in May, 2013. Already, it will not drain and apparently from the reviews this is standard. When calling the number on the warranty information, it refers you to another number to call to actually speak to a person which is unfortunately for the private individual who owns the number they give on the recording. There is only one service provider in the entire area and I live in Northern Virginia and they can't come out for over a week. Will NEVER buy another product from Frigidaire again. Save your sanity and your clothes and buy another brand.

3 mos before first service needed - FAIL

Very pleased with this Washer

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

We bought the Affinity washer and dryer set in 2007 and have been quite pleased with their performance. We did have a "Sock Clog" once that did require a repairman to come out. Never happened again. We also figured out that we had to make sure there was nothing obstructing a good seal between the rubber and the door, such as dog hair, or it would leak down the front. Other than that it has quick cycles and uses less energy and water. We've never had a problem with clothes not coming out clean. I especially like the sanitize cycle for towels that have sat just a little too long and got that sour smell.

Good washer and dyer

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

Never had a problem, 6 years into it. Dryer is fast and drys great.

Energy Efficiency
Water bill went down.

Seems to clean well.

never had any problems and spins dry as hell.

Have read all the reviews about the washer but I've never had a problem. I only think folks with problems write these reviews to punish the company. Remember they are man made and things go wrong. They made several models of these, some in the US and some in Mexico. The US version is a stainless steel drum and Mexican ones are plastic. Electrolux makes these and I haven't had any problems with my US model. 6 years of good service from both washer and dryer. I also run a cup of CLR thru it about once a month and it really cleans it out.

Problematic.

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

I have had this machine for 2 years and I have had so many problems with it not draining and finishing the cycles. I have had to call the repair man to my home two time already and I got my arms all cut up trying to unclog the pump myself on the sharp edges of the back panel. This machine is the worst and I wish I had my money back so I could go buy a different washer. DO NOT BUY!!!!! I'm warning you for your own good.

Ruining my clothes

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

This washer leaves white bleach like marks on clothes & I don't use bleach or liquid fabric softener in the washer. Clothes are left rough & doesn't get clothes clean at all. We were looking for a machine like the industrial washers where you can at least see a water level.

Energy Efficiency
Don't notice a difference in our electric or water bill.

Cleaning Time
Takes too long to wash (average time 45-52 min).

Doesn't get clothes clean & leaves white marks on clothes that look like bleach has been poured on them. The marks are the same size/shape of the paddles in the drum.
Water doesn't even come above drum level, so basically it is doesn't really "wash" clothes - it just sprays a little water on the clothes (occasionally) as the machine tumbles. I do like to soak white clothes & that is one of the reasons my husband chose this machine (it has a soak cycle). But water level stays below drum, so clothes can't be soaked. When I called manufacturer about this, they said it was to "give the clothes a rest". I don't need my clothes to get a "rest", I need them to get clean.

This is the only thing that is good about the washer.

It "looks" nice but like I said, water level needs to be higher in order to clean properly & not leave the clothes sitting in a drum while they occasionally get a squirt of water sprayed on them.

Water leaks from bottom corner of door onto floor. I have had this washer < 6 months & ready to go back to top loader machine & get rid of this piece of junk.

Good Green Choice in a Washing Machine

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

When it came time to replace our washer, we wanted to go with something more green, so a high efficiency washer was a given. This model is good for using much less water than our previous model. In addition, it does a more thorough job of spinning the water out, which equates to less dryer usage time, another plus. The fact that the machine is so low to the ground makes for a bit of back strain when filling and emptying. I also struggle with the black mold that forms when water accumulates around the rubber inside the door. At times my clean clothes have scraped against it when removed and left a stain on my clothing, NOT something I was anxious for. Overall, though, this is a good energy efficient washer.

Not Good

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer:

Our white clothes are no longer white. It doesn't matter what cycle you use the washer does not clean very well. After the wash cycle is completed fabric softener is still left in the reservoir.

Does not clean well or accept liquid fabric softener.