1.6

1.6

Pros

Cons

• Vehicle Selection:

if you're smart you'll be fine

my boyfriend and i rented a 2010 toyota prius for 16 days in august/september.we rented it from seattle and drove it all down the california coast and then left it in LA so we could fly home. the car was clean and comfy and the price was $1000 less then any other rental company that we had priced out.we didn't experience any car issues, and returning the car was so simple and quick. when we researched rental companies we were perplexed because we read so many negative reviews about this company... but it is our opinion that if you are smart, read all the small print, take care of the car, and ensure you have proper insurance coverage in case anything does happen, then you will be fine.everyone we dealt with in the seattle location and the LA location, was friendly and courteous.no weird charges showed up on our credit card, and we would definitely rent from them again.

I would rather steal a car than rent from Fox again

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! I booked a car with Fox two weeks in advance to be picked up at the San Francisco airport. When we got there they surprised with an extra $250 fee! We didn't have the money in our account so we had to cancel our trip to Big Sur that day and head back to San Francisco to get things sorted out. We spent all day trying to get things sorted out and had the money wired into our account. They moved our reservation back a day and told us that it would be a day's rate less than our original reservation. We got there and had to wait in line for THREE HOURS! Everyone in line with us and at the counter was having a problem with them and was frustrated. We got up to the counter to get our car and they told us that we have to go across the airport and get our flight itinerary before they could help us. They couldn't have mentioned this before! That took 45 minutes. We got back in line and got back up to the counter and this time they tried to charge us $100 MORE than our original reservation. We got that straightened out and went down to the garage to pick up our car and had to wait another 20 minutes before they brought it around. Remember that $250 surprise fee? They put a hold on it that won't be released for 7 to 14 days. Fox Rent A Car completely ruined 2 days of our 10 day vacation. It was the most awful experience I've ever had with a company. Their prices are cheap for a reason. Anyone who has a good experience with them is the exception not the rule. I hope this company goes out of business.

Worst Experience

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

The car was nice, that's it.
My major complaint about my experience is simply that I got charged more than double my original quote. I was on my honeymoon, and had prepaid, thinking that would be the majority of the expense, maybe a little extra for insurance or something insignificant. We stayed in Orlando for 7 nights, had the car the whole time. I was originally quoted ~$300. In the end I paid ~$650.
I will do everything I can to ensure that nobody I know uses Fox to rent cars from in the future.

The sh*tty-it's place ever

from Las Vegas

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

This place sucks. It's off site, takes 2 extra hours to get back to the airport, the check in and out takes over an hour and they are rude. If I could give less than a 1 I would!

No show

from NJ

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Arrived at Ft Lauderdale airport at 11:45 pm to find that Fox car rental didn't have a car available for my reservation, not any kind not any size and the shuttle driver said go to another car rental counter and rent a car where you can find one and gave me a letter from Fox saying that they would pay the difference to me, between what I was going to pay Fox and what it would cost to rent another car. Well its five months since than and more letters and still no payment for the difference. Avoid them like a plague.

Stay clear if you expect good service or treatment

from Miami, FL

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I booked the car with fix using rental cars.com and when I arrived at the airport, realized that this facility was away from the airport. That was okay, but the place smelled like smoke. They said my reservation was cancelled and I pulled that online and it was still showing up. It was never cancelled. But they won't give me the car and the staff or the customer service was not helpful. It took me half an hour to get to one customer service person at 10:30 pm. I asked the staff if they can make another reservation for me and they said no.. An hour later I saw them giving a car to a woman who just walked in without reservation, while I was waiting around for someone to pick up phone. I got a car that smelled of smoke too after I booked it again online. Finally urea he'd hotel at midnight.
I called the customer service in the morning and they were very unapologetic and when I got upset cause they won't let me finish and kept throwing wrong numbers at me, the guy threatened to hang up on me if I don't listen to him... I was like you are telling me wrong things and not listening to the customer and then even threatening the customer.. Really BAD service. I will never rent with fox again and will make sure none of my friends or family do it either. POOR service and NO REGARD for customer.

$150.00 went to $444.00!

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

We arrived in Tampa were shuttled to Fox Rental off site. We were greeted by a "smooth operator." I had pre arranged for a Hyundai Elantra for $156.00 for eight days. He proceeded to ask us are we AARP, military, medical etc and said "you are getting great discounts". Then convinced us to "upgrade" to Dodge, a bigger car... He then took our Credit card and said boy with your discounts we can make a second driver for free... Then he pulled out the Insurance. We explained that our auto insurance and American Express covered us. "Well they do, but Florida is s no fault state so if you purchase this minimum Insurance deal, well if you get a dent it won't cost you thousands." Well my husband and I said well how much is that? He explained just like our upgrade it would be between 12 and 28 dollars. My husband said okay! He than ran our Credit card and we couldn't believe the cost. $444.00! We were taken for a ride literally. We will never rent a car from them again.

Smooth talker watch out!

Limited selection

Fort Lauderdale 12/25/14

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I would give Fox a 0 if I could! After waiting in line quite sometime my son overheard manager outside telling customers who had already checked in and were waiting for a car to be brought around that they had no full size cars available. We had reservastions for a full size car! No offers to upgrade were offered. We ended up taking shuttle back to airport and renting through a different company.

Vehicle Selection
No vehicles to pick from!

Nightmare Vegas Rental Experience

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

A "1" rating flatters these clowns. We should have walked when only one car was available at their McCarran location. Car broke down halfway on our route to Paiute Golf course. Their remedy was to wait 3 hrs for an attendant to show, drive back to McCarran with them and pick up another car. The car was making the worst noise from the rear axle. We were more concerned about the car's welfare and fact it shouldn't be driven any further than they were.

Not once did we hear a sorry for the inconvenience.

We left the car where it was and left the keys back at our hotel for pickup. This was our solution, not one they offered or were happy with.

Even if their price was a dollar a day, I would never rent from them again.

Worst Ever

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Couldn't have been worse. Arrived in Grand Rapids during during their busiest week. They had given away my car because my flight was late! Didn't try to call me or text and admitted they knew there were none to be had anywhere else. Four day trip with no car and all they said was take a taxi everywhere!! The other rental car companies agreed I was out of luck. Only Avis shyly mentioned they had a 12 passenger van (gave me a great price) and saved the day. When I contacted Fox and rental car.com customer service they were just as unprofessional. I've literally traveled the world and this was the worst company I've ever dealt with on the road!

Customer Service
The only reason i didn't give them a 1 is because the guy wasn't rude, just useless.

compact

• Vehicle Selection:

Worst car rental experience ever.

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Worst car rental experience ever. I landed at 12:45 and did not drive my car out of the airport until 2:21. They took forever!!! I may consider using them if I was on vacation but never again for business when you have a schedule to keep up with.

Customer Service
I had to stand in three lines throughout my rental process. One at the airport rental desk, then one downstairs to get the car then one at the end to get a receipt. The person at the first one was fine and I was trying to be nice since I had waited for 30 minutes to get to the front of the line, with only five people in front of me. The person where the cars were told me it would be another 15 minutes until my car was ready when my arrival time was an hour ago. They said, sorry. When returning the car, there was no one available to check out the car. I had to go find someone then get in yet another line to get a receipt.

Vehicle Selection
The car was fine. It was actually brand new.

• Vehicle Selection:

Terrible vehicles made worse by a terrible business ethic

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I used the Fox in Las Vegas. This location is not at the rental car drop off and requires two shuttles into a questionable part of town. Then, after waiting for almost two hours, because only two of the five employees were actually working, we were presented with a vehicle that was dirty, had cigarette burns in the seats, and made a knocking noise. The price was great so we pressed on. I left a camera in the vehicle after dropping it off, returned within about fifteen minutes and was told it wasn't there. I received a call, after complaining to corporate, to let me know it was found and could be picked up the next day. Upon arrival, the manager would not open the office of the lost and found because he said only one person should open the door and he wasn't there. Many calls over many months have not provided any results. I would definitely pay an extra 10 per day and use a reputable company.

Customer Service
The people were slow and rude. The manager was particularly rude and sarcastic. He seemed to enjoy talking down to us.

Vehicle Selection
The vehicles were not clean and I was concerned about it breaking down most of the time that we had it.