Other Digital Cameras:
Fujifilm

Pros

Cons

Great camera for older kids

We bought this camera for my 13 year old son. The reasoning behind purchasing this camera for him over others is that it is water proof, shock proof, dust proof, and freeze proof. Basically, this camera is nearly indestructible! At the very least, I figured it would be more difficult for him to accidentally break this camera than others.
So far, it seems that this camera was a good decision. My son has taken it to sleep overs at friends' houses, on school trips and on lots of other various day trips. It has not quit working on us yet and it was purchased almost two years ago!
The pictures it takes are nice, they have come out clear and crisp. The view screen on the back is really large, especially for a smaller point and shoot camera like this one. It has 14 megapixels, which is only 2.2 less than my much more expensive large camera!

Image Quality
The pictures look nice, and the videos that it takes come out very nice too!

My son had no problems figuring out how to use this camera. It's very straight forward. I also have no problems hooking it up to my computer to upload his photos.

Super durable!

Battery Life
Great battery life and easy to recharge!

Portability
Fits easily in a pocket!

Fuji Xp10 - Not as rugged as it seems.

I purchased a XP10 for my husband a few weeks back. This camera was advertised to be extremely versitle and rugged, but its quite the opposite. We are a military family and the camera was said to be able to keep out with my husbands job. He first took it out on a training activity for 3 weeks. Most of the work consisted of ship duty, and a week of being out in the field. When he returned home we loaded the photos up on our mac to see the poor quality of shots he had. Most were blurry and grainy. And any night shot he took was completely trashed. The 'silicon/rubber' that coated the buttons wore off in those few short weeks. Video quality is ok, but the sound quality is terrible. The only great thing about this camera is that it takes an SD card and that its compact, other wise I would stay clear of it.

awesome camera!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

I was looking for a camera for a trip to the beach. We also were going to the pool pretty often with our kids so figured we should look I to a waterproof camera. I looked into a lot of different reviews and decided to buy this camera. I was scared to use it the first time but it worked very well. First we tried it as a regular camera and the picture quality was extremely good. I was very surprised as I had purchased specifically for water use. I then used it at the pool. Quality was so good! I took several pictures under water. They were clear and nice. I've used it several times and very happy with the purchase. I would even recommend using as a full time camera. There are so many features and options on it also making it advanced as well so there is so much to do with it. My favorite feature is that you can connect to wifi and transfer straight to your phone and post immediately.

Great camera for older kids

from Southfield, MI

Image Quality
The pictures look nice, and the videos that it takes come out very nice too!

Super durable!

Battery Life
Great battery life and easy to recharge!

Portability
Fits easily in a pocket!

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

I would recomment this Camera to everyone. Easy to use. The plus with it can be used it under water. It takes great pictures and easy to manage. It also comes with a battery charger. Image search is a great option, so are the slides to choose from normal to fade-in, multiple and also has a scrap book view. Easy to carry around.

Great shots underwater

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

We bought this for our cruise vacation. The underwater shots and movies came out way better than expected. Even the close up shots of our adventure look perfect.

Dropped several times by the kids. Works great.

Best Quality for price!

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

This is the best quality camera for the price it was purchased for. I love all the features on this camera! The features range from portrait, to landscape, underwater, snow, beach ect.. I would definitely recommend this camera! My husband purchased it for me for Christmas a few years back and I have been able to record videos of my son, and take thousands of pictures from his baby years to his toddler years.

I've dropped this camera several times, and it still works great!

• Portability:

Fuji Xp10 - Not as rugged as it seems.

from Kailua, HI

Fujifilm Xp - Waterproof, dustproof, foolproof

from Punta Gorda, FL

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

I love my Fujifilm camera. I chose this camera specifically because I wanted something that was waterproof so I could take pictures in the summertime without having to worry about water destroying the camera. I have used this camera underwater, and the results are amazing as long as the water is crystal clear. I love the different setting options including letting it automatically choose the settings and the ability to select settings. The biggest complaint I would have about this camera, however, is that the battery on mine doesn't seem to last very long and the pictures at night time really need a steady hand. I do tend to shake, and it takes about 4 shots before I get one worth keeping. If you're looking for a fun, daytime, able-to-get-wet cam, then this is the one. Night shots? I wouldn't suggest it as much. The other major downside is the inability for the camera to charge while connected to the computer, but instead it requires you remove the battery and charge it separately.

My favorite camera so far!

from Euless, TX

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera solely for it's waterproof feature. During the summer we go out on the boat every weekend for hours, and having kids around meant there was a chance of my big DSLR getting wet. (Not to mention the DSLR is a lot bulkier than a point-and-shoot).

I opted for the green Fujifilm XP10 camera because that would make it stand out even more in case other cameras were around. Love the color! Right away I took the bad boy to a local pool to test it. Was shocked at how crisp and clear underwater pics turned out! Everyone who I showed the pics to oohed and aahhed over how great the pics were and how impressive an underwater camera is.

For our family vacation in August we took it to Florida and dragged it around every day, including underwater in the pools. (I didn't think about trying the ocean out, dang it). It was great not having to worry about splashing, sand (could just rinse it off), or taking up much room. I could see the fear in people's faces when I would jump in the pool with it, very funny!

Highly recommend this camera if you are wanting waterproof, easy to use, and small.

Great Fuji camera and fun to use!

from Newport, NC

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

I love my Fuji waterproof camera!  It is so sleek, lightweight and easy to use!  We live at the beach so it is nice to know that water, salt and sand will not compromise the integrity of this fun little camera.

The Fujifilm XP10 WP takes great photos in water and everywhere.

from Lincoln, CA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix XP10/XP11 Digital Camera:

The Fujifilm XP10 waterproof digital camera takes great photos. I have used it underwater in my pool to test the clarity of its waterproof ability and it passed with flying colors. I can't wait to use it in Hawaii when we go snorkeling.