Other Foundations:
Everyday Minerals Face Makeup -  All Products

Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products

Pros

Cons

A mineral makeup without irritating bismuth oxychloride!

Everyday Minerals foundations and blushes are simply great. They can be mixed up to achieve the desired shade and you can use as little or as much as you need for proper coverage.What's best is that they are not horrible for your skin. They do not contain all the harmful chemicals found in your average foundation or blush.Even better, they contain NO bismuth oxychloride, a by-product of lead mining, which can irritate sensitive skin and is found in some "higher-end" mineral makeups. There are also no animal by-products, and they are not tested on animals.They also offer a fantastic sample kit for just the cost of shipping, if you want to try it out.

Great coverage and color selection, not for my skin

I started with the sample packs from their website when I was choosing the right color.  They have so many shades to choose from and tones and they give you a great opportunity to find the right color for your skin tone.  I absolute loved it when I first got it and was wearing it for a few days.  I like the fact that the packaging closes to keep the product from spilling all over the lid when traveling which was always one of my big complaints with other mineral makup brands.  The coverage is great.  I like the original glo for a healthy daytime makeup.  I found that the intensive was great for a night out.  I also really liked some of the radiance that they offer.  The makeup lasts most of the day, which is great for me because I don't like to have to touch up my makeup.  I think it took a little longer to put on than a liquid foundation, but I think I could have worked that into my routine and it wouldn't be a deciding factor.

After wearing the makeup for a couple days, I noticed that it just wasn't the best makeup for my skin.  I live in a dry climate and my skin suffers from dryness.  I think I would have loved this product when I was younger and had oily skin.  But I think with age I need to find something that adds moisture and softens my skin.

There are many positives to this makeup.  I love the coverage and color selection as well as the great price!  I think that my skin, in my late twenties, needs a little more help with moisture.  Maybe I'll come back to the makeup another time.

EDIT: I'm coming back to this and love the coverage.  I am looking into primers and other moisturizers, I want to wear this makeup!

EDIT 2:  I tried this with various moisturizers and even a primer or two.  I was able to wear this with a primer and I loved how it looked and felt.  Then I got red bumps on my cheeks.  I don't know what I'd call them, but they went away the day after I stopped using this makeup.  *And as a test I kept using the primer I'd used with it*  I guess this just isn't for me.  I loved this coverage and the price.  I'm sad to be on the foundation search again.

Not a bad mineral powder

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

Not bad. That pretty much sums up how I feel about this brand. I first ordered this a couple of years ago online and got a bunch of free samples of the products which I was thrilled about because I exclusively use mineral powders for foundation and have spent a lot of money on it in the past (though I have gotten more stingy these days). I have bought several brands of mineral makeup including Bare Minerals and this brand is pretty comparable.. the only reason I don't order from this brand more is that ELF is cheaper, BUT this would be my next best choice. Not too expensive, good quality, and they have some pretty good selections for not only foundation but most anything mineral that you could want for makeup.

I just decided to take a quick look at the website since I haven't in a while and can see they have expanded a lot since I last used them.. might be time to try it out again.

Looks great, but doesn't last

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

This looks amazing at first, but after just two or three hours, has worn off. I have trouble find a true match for my skin, and was easily able to find one, and when I put this on, I was thrilled. A few hours later, that joy was gone when I looked at myself in a mirror. I even tried to use a sealer spray, still didn't last. And yes, I used primer each time. I couldn't get this makeup to stay on for any length of time.

My First Love

from Bloomsburg, PA

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

This was the first mineral makeup company I ever tried, and I'm glad I did. Because of Everyday Minerals, I now wear pretty much exclusively mineral makeup and have not looked back. It is so much healthier for your skin, and for your health in general. Everyday Minerals packaging is nice and very fresh and cute looking. The color selection is very good for me, and I there's actually 2 or 3 foundation colors that all look okay-to-great on me, which is nice and a little unusual for many companies. They also are on the low end price wise, which is really nice! An active Facebook page, lots of sales, and specials make for a fun shopping experience. Their brushes are also some of the best I've used (though I haven't used any really high-end brands). Shipping is not crazy expensive and the product gets to in a timely manner. Overall, I love Everyday Minerals and would recommend it to everyone looking to go to natural mineral makeup!

Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte base

from Stanford, CA

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I was looking for a mineral makeup as I hate liquid foundation. One of my friends recommended Everyday Minerals to me and she swore by it. She even bought me a trial kit so that I could choose the shade that matches my skintone. When I looked on the website, I was amazed at how many different shades they carry. When I got my trial kit, I tried golden medium, winged butter and buttered tan. All three work for me with the golden medium being close to a perfect match. Winged butter is a bit too yellowish and buttered tan is a tad too dark. I have to say that I also tried Bare Minerals and wasn't impressed. They dont have as many shades as Everyday Minerals and it is also a lot more expensive than Everyday Minerals.The coverage of the EM base is buildable and it keeps your face looking very natural. That's what I like most about EM.

Good Coverage, but sometimes seems too powdery

from Clovis, CA

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I used Everyday Minerals for about a year, and while I liked them, I thought there had to be something better out there. The foundation colors work well on my skin, and the company allows you to purchase sample sizes online so that you are able to find your right shade. The coverage is good, but I feel that sometimes it looks a little powdery on my skin. Plus, I initially purchased this concealer and foundation to help with my fine lines under my eyes - mineral makeup is supposed to work well on these lines because it doesnt settle in them - however, I found that Everyday Minerals still settled in my fine lines, just not as badly as cream or liquid makeup.

I would have to say that L'Oreal True Match Mineral makeup is superior to Everyday Minerals, and they are practically the same price. Plus, you can buy L'Oreal Try Match in most stores, whereas you have to buy Everyday Minerals online, which I thought was inconvienient.

New to Everyday Minerals, not as easy as it looks

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I'm relatively new to mineral makeup, and Everyday Minerals is the first one that I've tried.

I got a sampler pack that gave me five different finishes in shiny, matte, and semi-matte. Right now I'm just working my way through the semi-matte to see how I like it, and so far, it doesn't quite give me the coverage I need.

Working with a loose powder is a bit tricky, too. I'm not a huge fan of how the powder flies everywhere when I'm applying it, even when using a mineral powder brush. I also learned that you're supposed to shake out small amounts of the powder at a time onto the lid, not dip the brush into the powder jar every time. Did that the first day and powder went everywhere! whoops.

What I do like about this is that it's incredibly lightweight. I don't feel like there's goop all over my face. Thing is, I have problem skin areas that need more coverage than this provides. So far, anyways. I have yet to try everything I got in my sample pack.

LOVE this Makeup

from Rolesville, NC

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I LOVE Everyday Minerals make up. I switched a few years ago and will never go back to liqid makeup. I purchase everything through EM and hopefully one day they will carry mascara. I was never able to find a liquid that actually matched my skin tone and always felt like I had a line on my neck. I no longer have that problem with EM. The makeup matched perfectly. I never would have thought that a powder could cover all my imperfections like EM does but it really works. It's amazing! I love every product they have, eye shadow, blush, eye liner, cover up and their wonderful brushes. I also love the fast that the prices are very reasonable unlike some of the other brand of mineral make up on the market. Their shipping is reasonable and very fast. They also always have great free samples to try out new colors. Give Everyday Minerals a try and I really think you will like it. My skin is completely different since using it!

Really impressive brand

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I've been using Everyday Minerals for about 2 years now. It was my first foray into mineral makeup and though I have sampled other brands since, I keep realizing how wonderful Everyday Minerals is in comparison to everything else. I love that they have 4 different formulas of their foundation - I dont like completely matte foundation so I love their Original Glo formula that gives you a bit more of a dewey/fresh look rather than an 'Im wearing makeup' look. The foundation is nice and sheer but also buildable to the coverage you need - but never ever gets cakey looking. I also love the prices - Everyday Minerals is like shopping at a candy store for makeup because it is so affordable to just try everything. I highly recommend their foundation, concealer/face powders, eye makeup blushes and brushes. To be fair - I dont think their lip products or other non-mineral products are quite as good and they shoudl stick to what they do best in that regard. Also, in terms of the company itself....it seems to change direction frequently - I dislike that you never really know if you'll love something and they'll discontinue it. I have also heard stories of iffy customer service though I have never encountered any problems with the products or shipments personally.

Everyday Minerals Base -- Once Great, Now Unreliable

from Marco Island, FL

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I made the switch to mineral makeup about five years ago in an attempt to get away from heavy liquid foundation. My first two attempts -- both drugstore brands trying to cash in on the newly popular mineral craze -- were terrible, packed with fillers like talc and bismuth oxychloride that irritated my skin. After searching online and trying several smaller "indie" cosmetics lines, I came across Everyday Minerals. At the time, Everyday Minerals (or EDM as it's often known among makeup experts) offered a brilliant sample kit -- your choice of three foundations, a blush, and another powder (I believe it was your choice of concealer) for the cost of shipping. This was an amazing way to find your foundation shade -- which was a daunting task, with four formulas and several dozen colors to choose from. I finally discovered that I had to mix two neutral shades to get my perfect match.

I preferred the "intensive" formula, which was best for oil control. Although it's a bit heavier, it blended well with a Long Handled Kabuki brush, also from EDM. When I topped it with a layer of EDM's Finishing Dust, it stayed in place all day, even in warm weather. Even after getting caught in a rainstorm, all I had to do was dust on a little more Finishing Dust, and I was good to go! For the first time, I was getting compliments on how good my face looked.

At the time, the company also offered kits that allowed the customer to purchase a set number of full-size items at a discounted price. This was especially great for people like me who had to buy several colors of foundation at once and mix them.

Unfortunately, something began to happen to EDM in 2009. They began changing formulations, sometimes without making timely edits to their website or packaging. I noticed my newer EDM foundations didn't stay put as well, and my skin wasn't staying as clear. The company also replaced the kits with a different discount system that has since been cheapened even more, and they made their free sample kits all but useless. Worst of all, one of my foundation shades was discontinued -- those of us who rely on certain makeup brands and shades know how irritating that can be! After all that, I was no longer so enamored with EDM, and I branched out and found another brand that works better. For a while, though, Everyday Minerals was my cosmetic holy grail.

Great Makeup!

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Everyday Minerals Face Makeup - All Products:

I have tried 4 of their blushes.  My favorite so far is "All Smiles".  They are beautiful and they have a wonderful selection of colors.  I have around 12 of their eyeshadows.  They have a great assortment of colors from matte to shimmer and I have created many great looks with these.  They are long lasting and so versatile.  I have also sampled their mineral makeup and color correctors and found they worked great.  They have great customer service and I highly recommend them.