3.6
Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat

Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat

3.6

Great Car Seat, Great Price

We did a lot of looking and a lot of research before we chose a new car seat for our son. We have been using the Titan for about 2 months now  for forward facing. and I really can't complain. We went from a carseat that was able to be removed from the base to this. So it was a little getting used to but my son loves his big boy seat. I thought it was going to be terrible getting this thing in and out (we use it between 2 cars), but it's really almost easier than getting the base buckled in. The seatbelt slide right through and I have no problems getting it strapped in. My only complaint about the seatbelt-and this may be all seat belts-is that it can cause the car seat to lean a little bit toward the side that the seat belt buckles into. It doesn't do this when we use the latch system, just the seat belt. But it's still secure. Sometimes our left bottom strap gets twisted which is a pain. Not sure why it's only on one side. Also I have twice pinched my sons little legs in the buckle. I hate this so you should just know to watch when buckling. I never had the problem with our other carseat and didn't even think about it until it happened to me. I felt terrible so now I make sure nothing will get caught in the buckle.  I love the settings so it can lean back or sit up. The little extras are great too. I love the cup and snack holder, this really helps out a lot. For the price this carseat is great.

Fine once you get used to it

My wife and I bought the Evenflo Titan V as it was the highest rated convertible car seat from consumer reports at the time we were looking. It was also a steal at the price. However, it wasn't a steal considering we only kept it in our primary car for about 2 weeks. This car seat is very difficult to use now that I have used another on the market.Here are some of the problems we have had...The Latch system is very difficult to get a hold of to tighen compared to its competitors. Imagine grabbing on to the middle of a seat belt and pulling with all of your might. Your hand slides and it doesn't end up tightening.If you pull one shoulder harness, the other gets tighter. This makes getting the shoulders even very difficult. This added an extra 2-3 minutes every time we were getting in the car...which is truly horrible when it is raining. We didn't realize how difficult it was until we bought a Britax Roundabout. We once pinched our daughters leg in the harness, OUCH! That left a nice mark for a couple days.Everytime our daughter falls asleep in this seat, even at 15 months, she totally slumps over. In her other seat, she has some head support that she leans against.This seat makes for a great second car seat or one to take on airplanes as it is lightweight. Its also a great value at the price. But buyer beware, expect some daily hassle for your lower price.

Evenflo Titan Deluxe car seat is great

from Noblesville, IN

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

It is very easy to use. My children are in the 95-100% in height and weight. The only problem I found was in the winter it gets kind of snug with their heavy coats on and can be hard to buckle. I think most car seats are hard to get tight enough.

The Evenflo Titan is easy & affordable.

from Spanaway, WA

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

Just with the name Evenflo I knew it was trust worthy. I have bought Evenflo products for all three of my kids and they have never failed me. This carseat held up to all my high expectations. I was able to install it with the latch system quickly and was ready to go. The titan is narrow enought for those smaller back seats to fit other car or booster seats next to it. That was my biggest issue. Finding a seat for the baby that didn't leave me with nowhere to have the other two sit.

The Evenflo Titan is also affordable. For what you get out of it, the price is amazing.

It is stylish, matching my upholstry perfectly. Or, you get a pretty pink one for your little princess.

The other thing that makes Evenflo great is that when your child gets older and can unbuckle themself - the clips are tight enough so they can not do it too easily. Which means they can not unbuckle before you are ready for them to. My sister's kids would constantly unbuckle while driving down the road in their seats. My kids were not able to get it until they knew the rule of "stay buckled when were moving or not parked."

Evenflo Titan Deluxe is a great car seat!

from Goffstown, NH

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

I was a little timid to pay more for the Evenflo Titan Deluxe car seat compared to a few of the other cheaper options, but when we got to the store the seat itself felt sooo much more cushy & comfortable! The price actually wasn't too bad, especially when you think about the fact you can use it for rear & forward facing.  My son (9 months) doesn't mind going in it at all, and almost always falls asleep when we go places, sometimes even before we've left the driveway!  I also really like the colors and looks of the seat.  Its hard to move the seat from one vehicle to another, but mostly thats because it's not lightweight, and sometimes its a real project to manuever the seatbelt through the clasps, but otherwise I have no issues with this product.

My son loves his seat, because it is very comfortable and safe.

from Powhatan, VA

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

I compared all the seats available, the different features, the padding, the safety, and the parent reviews.  This Evenflow Titan seat fit the bill in all areas.  It has a great safety rating and excellent parent reviews.  My son can sit in this seat for a couple of hours at a time without too much complaint due to the extra padding in the seat.  The straps adjust from the front and the extra padding allows you to use this from 8 pounds up.  I think they said you could use it from 5 pounds up, but I wouldn't recommend it since the baby seems to get lost in the seat at this size.  But that is the only negative I have about this seat.  The cover removes for easy washing and it has held up for over 2 years.  We move it to different vehicles due to my husband's job and it has fit in every vehicle and even in an extended cab truck.

A trusted brand and high quality product you can trust.

from Dublin, OH

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

We have used this car seat since my daughter outgrew her infant carseat. Overall, we are very pleased with this carseat as it provides comfort and protection to ensure our daughter is safe. We love the reinforced sides for impact protection. This seat is a little diffcult to insert into our minivan; however, we were able to install the seat safely with the assistance of our local children's hospital. It is also difficult to loosen the child safety harness straps even with the convenience of the "dial" feature.

Looks great...but does not fit car or baby

from Boise, ID

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

This was a good looking seat for the price...but when it came to installing it was very difficult to get in the car. Our car is a mid-sized sedan and the seat was pretty big for the car. It was very difficult to get the seat to strap down securely with the LATCH system. Once it was in and we got our daughter situated it became apparent that the crotch strap was way too short. The straps bound tightly across her thighs...and it wasn't going to get better as she gets bigger. We wound up taking this seat back and getting a different one. Be sure to sit your child in the seat at the store to make sure it fits! If possible test it in your car as well. It will save you a trip back to return it later.

Good car seat at a reasonable price.

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

The Titan 5 is a good car seat for a  reasonable cost.  The safety ratings that I found on the seat prior to purchasing it made me feel confident that my daughter would be safe when riding in it.  The seat is comfortable for the ltitle one and can be used from infanthood into toddlerhood.  For older babies and toddlers, the snack and cup holders are very convenient accessories.My one main complaint is that the straps are not anchored at any point under the child's bottom which means that they can easily slip when the seat is empty, making it somewhat difficult to adjust them easily once the child is placed in the seat.  This complaint would not prevent me from purchasing the car seat again or recommending it to a friend, however.

The Evenflo Titan is a ok backup/travel carseat

from Desoto, TX

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

The evenflo titan convertible carseat is a good value being quite a bit less expensive than comparable carseats on the market. It's lightweight making it ideal for airplane travel (and lugging around the airports). I also don't mind using it as a backup seat for my husbands car, which my son doesn't use frequently.

I did find that the padding/cushioning is less than ideal. My ds who is 2 1/2 is okay in this seat, but I prefer a seat with more EPS foam and side impact protection like the Britax Marathon.

All in all it's a good value and better than nothing (as required by state law). But if you can afford it, take the plunge and get them a more comfortable & higher rated safety seat.

The Evenflo Titan 5 Car Seat is Horrible!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

After my son was done with his baby car seat I wanted to get a seat that would last a long time and be safe. I researched them on Consumer Reports and the Evenflo Titan 5 was "supposed to be" one of the best.

This car seat has to be one of the worst car seats out there. I could NEVER get the belts to work properly. They were always getting tangled up and wouldn't go through the loops properly. Everytime I would get in the car to go somewhere I would spend a minimum of 10 minutes trying to untagle the belts. I NEVER felt like my son was safe. After a few months the belts finally got so bad that I called Evenflo and they told me they would swap it out if I wanted. I remembered that I had bought the "buyers protection plan" on it from BabiesRUs (which I highly recommend getting on a purchase this important) so I reported it to them. They gave me my money back for it. I would not recommend this seat at all.

Great car seat for a great price

from Minnetonka, MN

Comments about Evenflo Titan Deluxe Convertible Car Seat:

We got this carseat when our daughter outgrew her carrier. For me, I loved that it was side impact tested. We still haven't installed the cup and snack holders, but plan on doing that soon. Regardless it is a great seat and I can manage to get anything untangled that the belts may become. So glad that we bought this seat!