Other Car Seats:
Models:
8J00MTX, 1758196, 1832565, 1794335, 8J00BRV
Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat

Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat

Pros

• Comfortable (7)
  • Easy to install (7)
  • Safe (7)
  • Durable (6)
  • Easy to adjust (6)

Cons

• Heavy / bulky (6)
  • Heavy (3)

• Toddler (6)
    • Ease of Installation:
    • Child's Comfort:
    • Support and Safety:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (5)

Graco Nautilus- 3 in 1 Monster of a carseat!

I had THE BEST carseat stroller combo given to me at my baby shower, I was so excited when I received it. My only disappointments with the set was, as my baby grew, the carseat, did not. I needed a new carseat, and fast. So I began the great car seat search for a replacement.

I knew right off the bat that I wanted a convertible carseat. My son had grown quickly, and if this was going to be a "growing" trend, I needed something that could last for quite some time. (After all, quality carseats don't run cheap!)

I came across Graco Nautilus among reviews on nearly every "Baby Friendly" site. I was hooked right off the bat. It has features such as:

- 3-in-1 multi-mode Car Seat

- Extended 5-point harness (use for baby from 20 - 65 lbs.)

- Converts into high-back belt positioning booster (use for baby from 30 to 100 lbs.)

- Converts into backless booster (use for baby from 40 to 100 lbs.)

- 3-position recline

- Over-molded arm rests with easy-access side storage

- One-hand height-adjustable head support

- Features open loop belt guides

- Premium soft goods package with fullbody pillow

- Includes EPS, energy-absorbing foam

- Machine washable fabric seat pads

- Can only be used as forward-facing car seat

"Great, this is the carseat for me," said I. It not only came with great specs, it also looked pretty nice in my car. (I joke that it actually looks nicer than my car.) So I purchased the Nautilus. It wasn't "cheap", but it being the seat that is supposed to keep my son safe, I figured the price was worth it.

Now, I think one can concur that, although a product may *look *ice, have nice attributes, cost reasonably, (all the good stuff), none of that matters whatsoever if your child does not like the seat. But thank High Heavens my son, did.

The "fullbody pillow, energy absorbing foam, and fabric seat pads", Im sure, are something any body can appreciate, infants and toddlers included. Also, the "over molded arm rest" served quite nicely as an informal race track for my son and his favorite take-along "vroom vroom's".

It's also quite a nice touch that all the padding can be removed and washed.

Although I rain praise highly upon the carseat, there are a few things that don't make my "Pro" list. Such as:

1. Weight and Size- This carseat is A BEAST. Not so family car friendly. I drive a small CAR, (98 Ford Escort), and the seat takes up most backseat space I have. When I decide to go out anywhere, most family/friends opt NOT to drive along with Noah and I b/c of lack of space. Also, I normally don't carpool with anyone else for similar reasons. The carseat is HEAVY, I will not be pulling it in and out my vehicle, Thankyouverymuch!

2. Over molded arm rests with easy access side storage- Yes, this was included in my pro list, but it's also a bit of a "con". It's great for Noah to use while he's playing, but as for when Mommy needs to place in/remove a child from the seat, it's kind of a pain in the you-know-what. ALSO, the side storage can store some not so friendly surprises. Such as old half eaten nuggets, or stale french fries. Be careful busy mommies, these will need to be frequently inspected! :)

I hope my review helps, Thanks for looking!

Ease of Installation
The installation isn't very difficult. I DID make sure to follow instructions exactly, and that made things easier, of course. Make sure to have the shoulder straps tight enough, they should be taut to where only two fingers are be able to fit.

Child's Comfort
Noah loves his "chair", as we've come to call it. The only issues we seem to have, is in part, our fault. If Noah isn't completely sitting back (he seems to sit a bit slouched), the clip where the seat belt buckles bothers his groin area. (I've adjusted it as far forward as possible.) It doesn't seem to cause any pain, and Noah shouldn't be slouching anyway, it can just be a tiny bit of a nuisance when we are in a rush.

Support and Safety
When I began shopping for a new carseat, I spent endless hours searching through reviews to find the best one, at a reasonable cost. Although the Graco Nautilus is on the pricier side (three hundred is pricey to me), its reviews were something I couldn't argue with. After all, we are talking about my child's safety. Plus, this carseat seems to go on sale quite a bit.

This carseat is a beast! Its big, bulky, and definitely heavy. I don't reccomend using it for 2 different vehicles, though if you must, just be aware. THIS SYSTEM IS NOT LIGHT. But also keep in mind, this system grows with your child.

The look and feel of the Nautilus is quite appealing. Noah is very comfortable, and he enjoys the little "cubby" as he calls it. (The storage area in the armrests.)

I am always on the go, and I make sure to pack lunches and fill juiceboxes. The carseat does get crumbs and spills, but I just pull off Noahs seat covers, throw em in a quick wash, scrub down the seat itself with some wipes, and were good to go!

Graco Nautilus 3-in 1 convertible Car seat is bulky

I bought Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 convertible car seat for my daughter several years ago when she was needing a convertible seat, she is now 3.5. I thought it was a good investment at the time since it's a really nice seat, cool features, plus I didn't have to buy an additional booster seat once she was ready for one. Having just switched it to a booster seat, I can tell you that I would rather pay the money for another seat than wrestle with this thing again!!!!! It's a very very nice seat, don't get me wrong, but it is soheavy to lug around if you have to switch vehicles or something like that, the straps are hard to adjust, and it's very bulky, takes up a ton of room in the car. I'll be using it as a booster for the rest of her car-seat days but for my next baby on the way, she will be getting a regular convertible seat and then a booster later, I'm not fighting with this dumb thing again!!!!!!! I LOVE the brand it's all I ever buy, I'm just not happy with this particular seat, they could have done much better with this.

Perfect for a growing toddler

from Alamogordo, nm

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to Adjust
  • Easy to Clean
  • Easy to install
  • Safe
  • Sturdy
  • Stylish

Cons

• Bulky
  • Heavy

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

We use the nautilus in both of our vehicles, we absolutely love this seat because of the sturdy steel frame. I was once tboned and thankful our seat was steel framed. So keep that in mind that other seats may not have that. Second i love the adjustments this seat has. Heighten the headrest, recline the bottom for a smaller toddler, and goes to booster and high back booster!

Great seat for the $money.

CRAZY about this car seat

from Rock Falls,il

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to Adjust
  • Easy to Clean
  • Easy to install
  • Safe
  • Sturdy
  • Stylish

Cons

• Bulky

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

What can i say about this car seat besides it is wonderful?
It is stylish and the perfect car seat for my toddler. The best part about it is that it can grow with your child. So there is no need to purchase a bunch of different car seats as your child grows.
The only thing I do not like about it is the bulkiness, which I guess i can chalk it up to being safer since it is a bigger size. It wouldn't fit in my fiances car, so we had to put it in our suv.
It is very affordable and a great car seat. I will never choose another brand of car seat again. we love graco!

Best seat

from Indiana

Pros

• Easy to install

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

I have used this kind of car seat with my Two kids who are able to be in one. I love that it is comfortable for them and not too hot. The cup holder is nice and So convenient! I bought them in two different colors. Graco has always been a top brand for me when it comes to my kids , it's trusted !

• Was this a gift?:

so great my son sleep Of satisfaction

from (:

the best

• Was this a gift?:

Monster of a seat!

from Roseville, MI

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Safe
      • Stylish

Cons

• Bulky
      • Difficult To Adjust
      • Heavy

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

I own this seat for both my five and a half year old son and for my almost 4 year old daughter. Other than the obvious weight/bulk issue with the seat, I have few complaints. It's a GREAT seat! My son is able to buckle and unbuckle himself (helpful for kindergarten drop off and pick up). I love the adjustable headrest height, and the high harnessed weight and height requirements. One of the models that I have required a screwdriver for adjusting the harness height, which I felt like was a pain, but the model with safety surround does not. The install is decently easy with both the latch system or the belt. The seat is very large and bulky, not ideal for air travel or switching vehicles (we ended up buying a second set for the Truck!)

Love this seat!

from Michigan

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Easy to Adjust
      • Easy to install
      • Safe
      • Sturdy

Cons

• Bulky
      • Heavy

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

We bought this seat for our son a few years ago. He was able to use it with the harness until he was a little over 5 and now it makes the perfect booster seat. He loves the little compartments it has and how comfortable it is.

Great seat!

from SalemNY

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Easy to Adjust
      • Easy to Clean
      • Easy to install
      • Safe
      • Sturdy
      • Stylish

Cons

• Bulky

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

When my then 2.5 year old was growing near the limits of her convertible seat I started searching for her next seat hoping to find something longer lasting than the previous one. What I love about the nautilus is that it should last her until she no longer needs a seat. I've heard some complaints about the seat not lasting for the harness part but my 3 year old is small so I'm hoping this isn't the case with her. The harness weight and limit are very high and should last her until she is booster ready. I like that the seat transitions to a high back and then no back booster. As long as the seat doesn't expire we are all set. My only con to the seat is that there are not very many color or pattern choices and they seem very plain to me. That's not really a huge problem but I've seen some really cute patterns on other seats. I like the fact that it has made in cup holders as well. Overall, I feel like the price of the seat and how long it will last us was a really good investment. The seat isn't super pricey and hopefully will be our last car seat purchase for her. I will recommend this seat to any family or friends who are parents of toddlers.

Best Car Seat on the Market

from Virginia

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• 5 point harness
      • Comfortable
      • Easy to Adjust
      • Easy to Clean
      • Easy to install
      • Multiple Car Seat In One
      • Reclines In 3 Positions
      • Stylish

Cons

• Bulky

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

When my second child came along 10 years after my first daughter, I felt like I didnt have to stress over every tiny detail, but when it come to my daughters car seat, I put a great deal of time into researching which one would be the best for my child. The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat was my top pick, considering the time frame I would use it. My middle child was 15 months old when I bought this car seat, and it was a huge difference from the one she was previously in. It was as if she went from an average seat, to a top of the line luxury car seat. It feels good to know that she's safe, but also very comfortable. No longer does her head tilt forward in an awkward uncomfortable position if she falls asleep, this seat reclines, and the headrest can be adjusted. Buckling her in is super easy, and the straps are easily adjusted. She loves her very own cup holder and often asks to put stuff in the side storage space. Now the features are nice, the reason I bought it was the length of time she can use it. Once she reaches the booster seat stage, this carseat can adjust to a high back booster at 30 lbs then a backless booster seat when she gets older, or reaches the weight requirement. In the long run I am saving money, and I feel like my daughter is safe plus comfortable. I ended up buying a second one to put in my husbands truck, it was a too difficult to transfer this seat when she rides with him. Overall this is the best and safest car seat I have owned, and it's cheaper in the long run.

Good seat! Seems comfortable

from Reading, PA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Easy to Adjust
        • Easy to Clean
        • Easy to install
        • Safe
        • Sturdy

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

Good seat that isn't too expensive yet sports the luxury of a bit of extra cushion for comfort and a cup holder and side pockets. Those things sure do get stuffed with food and all kinds of stuff.. but come in handy as well, so it balances out. I feel like my kids are safe.. my only complaint was that it doesn't recline as much as one might like and my kids head falls forward a lot while sleeping as a result.

Race car driver seat!

Comments about Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat:

We were moving our son from a convertible car seat to a "big boy" car seat due to having a second child. After a lot of research we decided that we would try the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat due to its great reviews and its affordable price. The day we got it in the mail and I was making sure everything was there our son sat in it and said he felt like a race car driver and was very excited for his new car seat to go in the car. My husband said that out of all the car seats we own this one was the hardest to install but it still did not take very long. It is a very stylish car seat, with multiple options for color, easy to clean off and our son loves the two cubbies on the side that he hides all of his stuff in. He loves being able to sit up straight and this seat is very comfortable. We were very pleased with this car seat and when our second son needs to get a bigger car seat we will definitely be purchasing a second Nautilus 3-in-1. As with most car seats the only negative thing I could say about it is that I wish the cup holder was a little wider and that there were multiple cup holders.

• Ease of Installation: