Other Car Seats:

Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat

Pros

Cons

Very Sturdy and Lasts a Long Time

We own two of these for my boys for more than a few years. The base is very durable. My 10-year-old son weighs 87lb and still sit on it with no sign of breaking. The arm rest covers fall off easily, so I stopped putting them back on. The seat cusion/cover is very thin and not comfortable, but we put our own on it. We have bucket-type seats in our Subaru Outback, and they don't really fit. So, the cup holder is tilted and not safe to put a large cup in it, but should work perfect for sippy cups. Overall, we are satisfied.

Ease of Installation
It is a bit large for our Subaru Outback rear seat behind passenger side due to the two seat belt latches sitting between the seat and the middle seating space. It works find on the other side. The problem is my child has to slide the seat to the side and fasten the seat belt and then sit down and move it to the comfortable position.

Child's Comfort
The seat cusion is very thin and not very comfortable. But we travel a lot, so it may have gotten bad quickly. We use an extra seat cusion on top of it.

Support and Safety
I am not sure how to answer this one. We had no problem with it so far concerning the safety.

Please see my response to "Ease of Installation".

When my kids were younger, I thought I should have spent more to get really cute ones. But now that they are grown, they want it to be "unnoticable". So, my kids said the simple black design was better for them.

We own two for a few years now. They are durable. We travel A LOT by car. We mean almost 30,000 miles a year. The base still looks new when I wipe. Only problem is the cover on the tiny armrests. They fell off so much that we got rid of them.

Convenient, safe restraint, that is easy to use

Nice car seat - simple and convenient.  Adequate safety restraint.  I often have my grand-daughter on weekends (a toddler of one of my oldest foster sons).  It is a good seat - fits nicely in the back seat of the KIA with room on either side for other foster children to sit when we are on an outing.  Also, it is simple to transfer from one vehicle to another is we are travelling with someone else.

Good booster seat for children on the go!

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

I babysit my nephew 99% of the time. He just turned 4 years old and is a very big boy weighing in at almost 50 lbs. He is very tall as well. We had him in a high back booster seat but he seemed to be growing out of it plus the expiration date was drawing near. I just went and bought my daughter a high back booster seat and needed to get my nephew one as well without breaking the bank. I figured since he isn't always with us that I would purchase a Cosco high rise booster seat that can be easily removed from the car when my nephew isn't with us. I was surprised how much I ended up liking this booster seat. It fits him really well and he isn't too big for it. The only thing that I wish was better was the cushion area. I wish it had a little more cushion in it for him but overall he seems happy with it and I do as well. He did get into my daughter's booster seat one day and was a little too big for it so I believe this one was the perfect fit for him without breaking the bank.

• Support and Safety:

The Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat is not all that!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

I needed a second booster seat for my daughter to keep in her Dad's vehicle, so I went out and found this cheap booster seat. The Cosco High Rise Booster Car Seat is not well put together. It is not very comfortable for my 7 year old. The seat is hard and the fabric on the seat is thin and not durable at all. This is only a cheaper route to go and good for short term use. I didn't like the way this booster seat would slide forward in the backseat. It wasn't very safe and I didn't feel like my daughter was secured in this booster seat. This booster seat is made kind of big and isn't good for small compact cars. It wasn't a good choice for us because we have multiple car seats so the booster and the car seat in the car at the same time made for a pretty tight squeeze. I do not recommend the Cosco High Rise Booster Car Seat for long rides, it can get real uncomfortable for a child. We only used this booster temporarily and not for a long period of time.

does my child love it

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

When we were looking for a booster seat for my kids, we didn't know where to start. We thought that any brand would do. So we paid money for a no-name brand and quickly noticed what things we did and did not like. We then upgraded to the Cosco booster seat. It wasn't that much more expensive. The color was great and the kids were very excited to try out the new seat. We noticed right away just how much better it really was. We are very happy with our booster seat. My child takes it everywhere! It is very simple to transport to and from any vehicle. It fits any size child. And is very comfortable and durable during any trip. I will always buy this brand because of the cost and product quality. Compared to other brands, this seat is cheaper, more comfortable and easier to transport. I highly recommend it to anyone. We have bought 4 in the last year. 2 per vehicle. Thank you for this great product!

Useful but kinda hard

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

The seat is kinda hard because there is just sheet of padding separating the child's bottom from the car-seat structure. Also, when using it, the user must make sure to pull the seat-belt to it's full length and tighten it around the child or else the child will tip forward when the driver is braking. But overall, it is an amazing car-seat and I would recommend it for children 7-10 years old.

Child's Comfort
Like I mentioned above, there is only a sheet of padding separating the child's bottom from the structure and that makes the car ride very comfortable. If you are aiming for a long car ride, I would recommend providing a thick blanket to let the child sit on.

It is very safe if used correctly. It has cup holders that can be pushed in and out which I found very handy for long car rides. For long car rides, I do not prefer to use this type of car seat because if the child falls asleep, then there is nothing preventing the child's head from tipping down and bending at an awkward angle.

• Support and Safety:

the chair that makes kids feel like grown ups in the car

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

This chair is fantastic. It is easy to install in the car and for the child to get in and out of. It makes them sit higher and see what is going on in the streets. You can talk to your child easier because they are more at eye level. The fabric is great because it wipes clean easily. We couldn't wait for our grandchild to be old enough and heavy enough to qualify for this chair.

Ease of Installation
With the simple installation it is easy to move it from car to car as we use 4 different vehicles.

Child's Comfort
The child feels very comfortable as it fits their body and they are so happy not to be in a baby car seat

This chair is so simple to install. To take it in and out of the vehicle is a breeze.

I would have added a cup holder which would make it easy to hold their beverages while looking at a book, etc.

This chair is made of strong plastic and the fabric is extremely durable. It is meant to last and take abuse from boys especially.

• Support and Safety:

Good for extra seat when needed

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

We have this seat as an extra seat to throw in someone's car if they don't already have a carseat for our son. It's great that it has the cup holder (there shouldn't be a carseat made without one), but it doesn't seem to have as much padding in the seat area as other car seats. The arm rest things aren't cushioned at all. I know the padding comes off to be washed but it shrinks in the dryer and never goes back on correctly. Like I said great seat for not every day use.

Ease of Installation
Just put the seat on the regular car seat, put the child in the seat and buckle like you would an adult. Super easy. My 4 year old does it so well.

Child's Comfort
If he sits in it for very long he starts to complain that his rear hurts. Not as cushioned as some other brands of car seats like this one.

Support and Safety
Like most other standard booster seats, it holds the child in well.

Lightweight and not hard to carry at all.

I wish you could get more options for the choices of the seat covers. When the one that comes with it gets too dirty and you wash sometimes it shrinks. Then you have nothing to put back on the seat because the stores don't carry a replacement seat cover.

We have taken our out an sprayed it down at the car wash. It's been dropped off an on when moved out of the car. Still looks okay. Not too beat up.

• Support and Safety:

Not a high end booster seat

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

I needed a booster seat for my son who has outgrown his other carseat. This carseat does the job, but to me it seems to be cheaply made. I will continue to use it because the pricepoint was in my budget. The cup holder doesn't stay closed. If i had a chance I would go with another one.

Very Sturdy and Lasts a Long Time

from Northeast AR

Support and Safety

Please see my response to "Ease of Installation".

• Support and Safety:

Inexpensive but gets the job done!

from Trinity, NC

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

Inexpensive but gets the job done! Booster is light enough to take from one car to the next, stores easily in the trunk, and suits the child fine. I do wish that the arm rest pads were a little more child resistant to remove. My son likes to take them off and put them on his feet over his shoes!

the brand i trust

from Morris, IL

Comments about Cosco Highrise Booster Car Seat:

this is a brand car seat that i would trust my kids in.  easy to install and swap between cars and easy to clean.  all my kids have used this name brand carseat from newborn to toddler.  i use all cosco products and so does my family.  the price is right for the product and would get one for a friend for a gift and i recommened this product to any mother or mother to be.