4.9
E9LC2M6, E9LC21Q, E9LC21X, E9LC21A, E9LC2H6, E9LC22S
Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat

Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat

4.9

Pros

• Attractive (3)

Cons

• Thin mattress (3)

KSA

from Riyadh,

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Comfortable
  • Compact
  • Easy to Assemble
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Thin Mattress

• Infants
  • Newborn
  • Toddlers

Child's Comfort
My 3 year old never complained about discomfort and it was easy to adjust the belts.

My little girl got a beautiful pink one

Ease of Installation
It takes time to install only ten minutes
I think sometimes I take less time to do so

Support and Safety

Leadership reassuring the case of my daughter as she is comfortable with it too

It's nice

from NY

About Me Medical Professional

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Thin Mattress

Yes I recommend this type

Safe, Sturdy, Comfortable Car Seat that grows with child

from New York

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Comfortable
    • Easy to Assemble
    • Sturdy

Cons

• Heavy
    • Thin Mattress

• Toddlers

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

I loved this car seat so much that I bought one for every car. It's attractive, safe, durable and comfortable. I used it as a carseat for my 2 year old and still use it as a booster seat for my 80 pound son. It's simple to adjust the height if the kids need to switch seats as well.

Perfect seat

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

My child has finally moved on from this seat and I feel the need to write a review. We bought this as a transition from her infant seat and loved it. It is not a huge seat which was important because we had other boosters in the car. However, it was both comfortable and safe.

Ease of Installation
    In honesty, no car seat is easy to install but this one fell into the "easier" than most category.

Child's Comfort
    My 5 year old never complained about discomfort and it was easy to adjust the belts. In addition, she loved the cup holders.

Support and Safety
    I believe this seat ranks as one of the safest seats on the market. It is definitely solidly built.

It was easy yo adjust seat belts which is great when they have bulky coats on.

My little girl got a beautiful pink one which was a hit!

We used it for 3.5 years and it held up wonderfully. I was able to easily strip and wash the materials on a regular basis and although the color faded a little, it was a whole lot.

• Support and Safety:

Safe, Comfortable, and Stylish!

from MI

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

We purchased this car seat for our daughter, who is currently 3.5, after our younger son outgrew his infant carrier style car seat and had to upgrade, meaning our daughter was booted from her existing Britax Roundabout and moved into the even more sleek and stylish Frontier.

There's probably not much that I could say about this car seat that hasn't been said before, but I will just say - I am a total fan of Britax brand and have been beyond impressed with the quality of car seats they produce. As mentioned before, we own the Roundabout, as well as the Frontier, both in the Cow-Moo-Flauge pattern, and I could just not be happier.

My daughter is pretty tall for her age, and the Frontier accommodates her very well with plenty of room to grow. I love that it still has the 5 point harness, offers the true side impact protection, has thick, comfortable padding and my favorite part - it has two cup holders! Why don't all car seats come equipped with cup holders? My daughter loves these!

I researched like crazy before making my car seat purchase, and hands down Britax got one of the highest safety ratings out there. Even though Britax is a little bit pricier than some of the other comparable models form other companies, you can't put a price tag on safety and I really just feel like these are quality seats and I love them.

Unlike some car seats, the buckle is very easy to maneuver, even my daughter can do it on her own.

Good for a small car.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

My youngest child is now four years old and we decided it was time to go and look for a booster seat. We wanted to make sure that it was very safe and was not just a cheap booster that would not support them in the case of a car accident. We also have a very small car that we like to use while all of the older kids are at school, so we want a booster seat that does not take up a ton of room and fits in the backseat of a car well. We had already had Britax carseat and knew of how safe they were so we decided to go with them for a booster seat as well. This booster seat feels so much more solid and safe than the ones you buy at discount stores. You can tell that it is well made and made for the safety of your child. It is relatively easy to install it and take it out of your car. My daughter loves how comfortable it is and falls asleep so easy in it. It is nice that it also has cup holders because at four years old she wants to have a regular cup or drink and it is nice for her to have her own place to put it. We really love this booster seat and even bought a second one for my parents vehicle for when they have her.

Love this seat

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

How great is the Frontier 85 car seat you ask? My family owns three of them so far. We will probably own another one by the time summer 2014 is upon us. My youngest still fits in his Marathon that is in his father's car. I will need another seat for my parents' mini van while we are on vacation this summer as I prefer to have the seat installed and leave it installed as opposed to switching seats back and forth. It is all about being able to go at a moments notice for me. In the fall, my husband will be driving both boys to school on a five day a week basis and the Marathon will be too small for daily car trips. I have purchased fourteen car seats so far to get us through the years and this seat is my all time favorite from the cup holders to the arm rests to the ease of cleaning the cover and putting it back together again. One of the other car seats we own is a three point harness in case my father-in-law is picking up my eight year but I do not think it is an every day seat, this seat as a five point harness is the seat to own.

• Support and Safety:

Seat for those who want to keep their kids in a 5 point harness.

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

Having tried in the past to save a little money on car seats, I opted to buy other brands besides Britax. In hindsight, wish I had spent more money and purchased these seats from the beginning. I have a Britax Marathon for my 18 month old son and a Frontier 85 SICT (Side Impact Cushion Technology) seat for my almost 6 year old son. I did not feel comfortable restraining him in the car with just a booster with seat belt and the Frontier makes it possible to keep him in a 5 point harness up to 85lbs, which gives me peace of mind. He is comfortable in the seat and with it being good for 9 years from the date of manufacture (3 more years than most convertible car seats), you definitely get your money's worth. After he outgrows the weight limit to be harnessed, the seat can be used in booster mode (with the child restrained with the seat belt) up to 120lbs. There is also a tether to further provide protection/keep the seat from lunging forward/moving in the event of a crash. I hope never to have to find out how this seat performs in a crash, but I am confident that my son will be safe should that ever happen. The only reason I didn't give this seat a rating of 10 is because I found it difficult to install (the Marathon was a breeze). Other than that, no complaints from this mom!

Ease of Installation
    As someone who is fanatical about car seat safety, has done TONS of research and has a pretty good understanding of the basics of car seat installation, I found it difficult and the users guide confusing to install this seat in booster mode. I wound up finding some videos on YouTube that made it much clearer.

A brute of a car seat

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

This car seat is by far the best car seat I found for my son. It has several harness height adjustments and 3 buckle positions. It harnessed my son until he was 7.5 years old when he outgrew the tallest harness slot. Yes this seat is pricey but most seats expire after 6 years, Britax seats have a 10 year life span - the price difference works itself out this way.

Ease of Installation
    It took an hour and half to have this seat correctly installed in my car at a car seat clinic by certified technicians. Once you figure out how to get it in securely the second time is a breeze.

Child's Comfort
    My son rode in this seat for 5 years and it grew comfortably with him in harness mode. Now he's 8 and ride in it as a highback booster seat. It will accommodate him easily until he's tall enough to ride in a seatbelt.

Support and Safety
    As long as the child is wearing the proper clothing, the harness is correctly tightened and the chest clip is level with the armpits this seat is as safe as any.

The harness is very easy to adjust, the harness belt is easy to remove, the cover is easy to remove. This is just a great seat all round.

It's a great design, very secure seat and you can feel confident that your child will be safe with it.

Even after washing the cover several times it still looks new. Sun fade if very minimal.

Great Product!

Comments about Britax Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat:

This is a wonderful car seat option! We bought this for my 5 year old. He is on the small side and we did not feel comfortable with him just using a booster seat with a regular seat belt and not the 5 point harness. This is a great option because you can use either the 5 point harness or your cars seat belt. The height and weight requirements are very broad with this specific car seat. You can use it for a small, young child or an older bigger child. This car seat is heavy. It is not a light cheap seat. You can use you latch system in your car to connect this car seat. It is very easy to attach and take out when needed. They seat cushions and straps come apart fairly easily if they need to be washed or cleaned. I took the car seat and the cushions apart myself after my son had an accident in his seat. I was able to wash it all and the fabric and straps did not wear at all. My husband later that evening was able to easily put it all back together without a lot of difficulty. I have had car seats were it was impossible to put it all back together after disassembling it. This is not the case with this car seat. We have the fabric that is red and black. It is very gender neutral. That was one of the reasons we decided on this specific car seat. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. You will not be disappointed!