Other Car Seats:

Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

This Graco is that perfect last transition.

It's amazing how quick our children grow!  When you've started with the travel systems, and your child is now 95lbs and your almost legally "out" of the booster seat, then this one is the perfect choice.  I think this Graco Turbo Booster seat is the perfect transition for those "almost out" children.  It doesn't have that infant look that most kids at this stage are so embarrased about, and it really "boost" your child to the proper heighth  for maximum protection.  A couple other nice features include the hidden cup holders, and the ease with which the arms and seat come off for cleaning.  Kids can really be messy, these cushions just unhook and come right off, can be thrown in the washer and dryer, and are an easy fit back on.  I've even given my extra to the grandparents to use at the kitchen table, and in their car if needed.  Really a versitile little seat that I find safe.

I would recommend this seat to others, especially if you have to switch out with the grandparents, it's lightweight and easy to install.

The Turbo Booster will make any kid feel like a "big kid".

We were very excited when our daughter was tall enough and weighed enough to use a booster seat, rather than her 5 point harness car seat.  This meant that it was much easier to move to a different vehicle if needed.  We went right out and bought most popular Graco Turbo Booster.  These can be found virtually anywhere.  They have cool new designs for any boy or girl, and they are inexpensive.  The seat cover comes off easily for cleaning and it is a snap to install.  Our daughter was also very excited, because this meant that she was a "big kid" now.  She was able to use the regular seat belt, and she could buckle it herself without any problems.  She even had two of her own cup holders built into the seat.  I will have to caution about the cup holders, though.  Even when extended, they seem to be a little too close to the seat, and it is a little awkward for her to get to her drink.  Instead of using the built in cup holders, we tend to use the fold-down console in the back seat of our car.  Overall, we are very happy with our Turbo Booster!

Excellent choice for a preschooler

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

The Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat is an excellent choice for a preschooler. My older son is getting ready to transition to a booster seat. While he has a high back booster in the car he rides in the most, I wanted to get him a backless booster for the car that he rides in on occasion. I selected the Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat because of Graco's excellent reputation when it comes to baby gear. I am very impressed with this booster seat. My son has used this seat a few times since we purchased it, and he loves it. He said that it is a "comfy seat" and he appears to be very comfortable riding in it. I am impressed with the durability of the seat, the softness of the fabric, and the amount of padding the seat has as well. I also like that the Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat has a place for my son to store his snack and cup. Overall, I am very impressed with this booster seat.

Great for older children

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

This Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat is perfect for my older child. It is lightweight and easy to carry. The design is simple and easy to use. The booster seat is easy to attach to the car using the seatbelt. The seatbelt also easily fits across my child when she is in the booster seat. The two cups holders are great for keeping cups when there is no space elsewhere in the car. The side handles are also at just the right height so that they are comfortable for her arms, but are not always in the way. This booster seat is the ideal middle passage between having a bulky car seat and not seat at all. My child is too big to sit comfortably in a car seat, but too short to see out the window comfortably as well. Now she can turn fully to the side and see the view out the window. It reminds me of the plastic booster seats for children in movie theaters, but better. I will use this booster seat until my child cannot fit in it.

Serves its purpose well

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

I bought this for my oldest son to use once he outgrew the car seat and it has really been a good product. The seat cushion is very plush and comfortable and even after long trips, my son never complains about being uncomfortable. The arm rests on the sides are a nice addition to the seat. The two retractable cup holders are awesome and my son loves being able to store a drink of his own without having to keep it up front with us. It is extremely portable and doesn't require any buckling to the seat so you can quickly and easily just pick it up and move it as needed.

Ease of Installation
Just sit it on the seat and buckle the child in with the lap belt. It does not get much easier.

Child's Comfort
The seat is very plush which is nice and it also has two arm rests so the child is comfortable the entire time they are in the seat, even on long trips.

Support and Safety
Supports children well and have never had any problems with it safety wise. As long as you strap the seat belt properly, the seat will stay secured.

Extremely easy to use, just put it where you want and strap the child in with the seat belt.

Looks nice and is very functional.

I have had mine for 2 years now and even though my son is extremely rough on it, it has held up and still looks and acts brand new.

• Support and Safety:

This is a great booster for shorter children.

from West Virginia

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

We have purchased several seats from Graco both for ourselves and as gifts. I have to say that I love this particular seat. My nephew is a bit short for my SUVs back seats and he can't quite see out the window. I was a bit nervous at first because it doesn't have a back but it matches up well with our SUVs back seat.

My main concern was that the kids wouldn't be able to set back flat against the seat. That actually turned out not to be a problem. With this particular seat, I can boost the kids up and not worry about them being buckled in. My nephew is able to buckle himself in in this seat and unless someone is in the car, you really can't tell it's a booster seat because of the design of it.

I also love the cup holders on this seat. If my nephew is in the back he can put his cups or bottles in the cup holders without any issues. It has two cup holders so anyone in the car can make use of the second cup holder.

It's really easy to buckle a seat belt around this booster and I don't have any issues with it sliding. A deer ran out in front of us one morning and I had to give the breaks a pretty good slam and even then there was no slipping with this seat thank goodness! I am grateful for a wonderful design.

Ease of Installation
It's really easy to install. The seat is a bit wider than our previous booster but it's a great seat.

Child's Comfort
I haven't had any complains from my nephew at all.

Support and Safety
I do like the backless part of this seat but I was worried about safety and support. My nephew is still able to sit back against the seat of my SUV and the seat doesn't slip at all. I love this booster.

The booster is very easy to use.

I'm still leery of backless booster seats but this one has been great so far.

I've only had this seat a couple months but it's holding up well and the kids love riding in it because you can't tell it's a booster.

• Support and Safety:

Great carseat. Great price.

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

The Graco Turbo Booster Backless Booster Seat is a great booster for the money. I have three of these (only one kid but multiple cars) and I love them!! It is super durable and easy to strip it and clean it. It installs in minutes, very easy. We really like the fact that it has TWO cupholders. One for the drink and the other one for snacks. Brilliant!! The comfort level I would list as good. It could use some more padding in the seat for those really really long road trips cross country. For around town it is great. I like the fact that even though I have three, I have three diffrent designs of seat fabric. The kiddo likes that it has armrests. Likes it alot actually. The safety rating on it is good. I feel safe using them. Easy to use and fits good in al my vehicles. Overall it is a great investment for your child. Safety, durability, style and function all for one low price. I give it a 8.

• Support and Safety:

Lasts forever and is perfect

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

This is a great booster seat. If you have more kids it will last years and years... as long as you need it. It retains its cushiony-ness and the upholstery is still unmarred and durable after many years of use. My son is very comfortable in it, and it's easy to plunk down from car to car.

Ease of Installation
There is no installation per se for this model. It's simply a booster that adds height to the back seat, around which you just need to correctly thread the seatbelt. It's intuitive and very user friendly.

Child's Comfort
Based on the fact that when I carpool my son's friend will fight for the booster seat, as opposed to the built-in jump-seats we have in the back of the car, I'd say it's comfortable. He falls asleep in it with ease on late-night trips.

Support and Safety
As long as its used with the across-the-chest seat bely you're good.

Couldn't be simpler. Place it on the back seat and voila; you're done. Can easily grab and go to another car if need be or drop it off at grandparent/uncle etc., if they need it for visits.

Simple cushion with sturdy frame. Ours is red and black and not at all unattractive.

We've left this booster in the garage for weeks in freezing weather while away. We've brought it from house to house on visits; it's been hot, cold, used for years. Never a crack from weathering, nor a peel, nor even a scratch or a patch of upholstery rubbing away. Boys' pants should be made of the fabric on this booster!

• Support and Safety:

Graco Turbo Booster Backless Booster Seat!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

As my daughter got older the laws on car seats changed. Your child has to be 8 years old and over 100 pounds. If not they must be in a car seat or booster seat. When my daughter turned 6 this was our booster seat of choice. It was designed according to my daughters needs. It was comfortable and had arm rest to make her more comfortable during a long or short ride. In this booster seat she thought she was a big girl because she could use the car seat belt and she was sitting up where she could see everything we were driving past. I loved the cup holders on this booster seat as well. They were great for holding my daughters drink and snack. They really came in handy and helped keep down the messes from my daughter eating and drinking in the car. I fell in love with this well put together booster seat. My daughter did to. This booster seat was so easy to take in and out of my vehicle. It's light in weight and reasonable in price. I was overall satisfied with this booster seat.

• Support and Safety:

A Great Car Seat for your Big Kid!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

I bought a Graco Turbo booster Backless Booster seat when my son outgrew his front facing car seat but was still too small to be in a regular seat belt. My son loved it! He loved how you use a regular seat belt to buckle him in, it made him feel like a big kid. We had this booster seat for about two years now and it is still durable. I love the fact that the booster seat also comes with cup holders. They can place their own car drinks in the cup holder and when ever they want a drink ,they can pick it up and take a drink by themselves. No more stretching and hurting your arm trying to give them a drink. I love that it also comes with a seat belt clip where you can move the seat belt away from your child's neck. I would recommend this booster.

Support and Safety
I have no clue about the safety of this booster because I have never had an accident to test it.

Comes with cup holders which makes it easier for the parents.

Great booster seat

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

I have two children that use this seat. With all the new laws changing constantly and my children being on the smaller side they still need to be in a booster seat. My older two get embarrassed over the fact that they still have to be in a booster seat, and with this one not having the high back they feel a little less self conscious about being in one.

Ease of Installation
This booster seat is super easy to install which is very helpful considering that it gets changed between my husband and I's cars constantly. Also on trips with Grandma its easy for her to maneuver as well.

Child's Comfort
My children have never complained of any discomfort. They love the cup holders on the seat.

Easy for the older children to buckle themselves in.

• Support and Safety:

This Booster seat is very durable, easy to use and easy to clean

Comments about Graco TurboBooster Backless Booster Seat:

I gave this booster seat a Seven because I find a few things that could be improved. The seat doesn't fit properly in all vehicle seats. Also could maybe use something to help hold the seat belt buckle or something to help in that area. Also for long trip not very comfortable to sit in.

Very easy

Child's Comfort
Could use more padding or a different seat postion