4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

I only trust my baby in a Britax---the Roundabout is perfect!

I did a lot of research on baby gear while pregnant with my first child.  One of my major concerns was a car seat.  My child would be in the car daily going to and from daycare.  It is a short drive, but there are still plenty of other people on the road.  All car seats sold in the U.S. have passed U.S. safety standards, so I knew I didn't really have to worry about that.  My concerns were mostly about installation and adjustment of the car seat.  If a car seat is not properly installed, it may not work the way it should and it may become a dangerous piece of baby gear in the process.

After reading reviews, talking with other mommy friends, and trying the car seats out in the store, we decided on the Britax Roundabout for our convertible car seat.  My daughter was too heavy to carry around in the infant seat and the Roundabout can be installed rear-facing for infants.  We chose the Roundabout because it was the smallest of the Britax convertible car seats.  At the time, I was driving a small Honda Civic and my husband was driving a 2-door Toyota Solara.  The Roundabout is made to fit children up to 30 lbs. while rear-facing and up to 40 lbs. forward-facing.

It was a breeze to install!  Both with seat belts and with LATCH, I found it much easier than other car seats I have tried.  Also, the Roundabout can be tethered in rear- or forward-facing positions, for added safety.  It is easy to adjust the harness with the push button in front.  It is a 5-point harness, which I prefer.

The bonus features that are not necessary but that I appreciate and enjoy are the attached manual and velcro to hold the straps. If you were ever to travel or have to switch out the car seat, it is nice to have the manual to refer to.  Britax tethers the manual to hide under the car seat cover so you never can lose it.  There is Velcro on both sides near where the arms would go.  This is a nice feature because it holds the belts out of the way when you are taking your child out and putting him/her back in the seat.  You don't have to be messing with keeping them out of the way and moving them around.

I highly recommend the Britax Roundabout for a convertible car seat based on the quality, ease of use, and safety ratings.  The price is higher than most, but I feel it is well worth the money.

Good carseat, but ht and wt restriction is not acceptable.

I should start off stating that I own the Marathon and the Roundabout car seats.  My older son sits in the Marathon currently and that was the first car seat I bought.  When my next child came along 2 years later, I did not really want to spend the amount I did on the Marathon.  I chose the Roundabout because I figured by the time my daughter outgrew it, she could upgrade to my son's Marathon and he would be in a booster seat by then.  The height and weight limits on the Roundabout are too small for this to be a choice in a situation other than what I think I chose it for.  Who wants to buy more than 1 car seat for their child given their cost?

Other than the height and weight restrictions, here are some other problems with the Roundabout (these apply to the Marathon as well, actually).  The car seat does not seem to be especially padded or comfortable...not that my kids no any different or complain.  My daughter does complain sometimes that the belt is digging into her leg and I have to loosen it for her so she will stop complaining.  The car seat is very hard to take apart and put together.  I don't know if they are all this hard as I have no experience with other brands.  But it takes a very long time to figure out how all the belts come out so that you can wash the cover and it takes even longer to figure out how to put it all back together.  It is also very time-consuming to take the belts out to change the shoulder adjustments.  So much so, that my daughter is actually overdue in this respect as I type this.  The cover should be water proof.  I don't know if any of the other brands offer this.  But given that at some point in time there will be a diaper leak or vomiting incident occurring in this seat at some point (and for me it has happened about 3 times), you don't have a lot of confidence in how clean you have gotten the foam underneath since you can not do a substantial job at cleaning it for risk of ruining it if you scrub too much. Also, my almost 2 year old daughter has figured out how to wiggle her out of the seat without knowing how to open the buckles.  I don't know if this would be a more difficult feat with other brands.  Again, I don't know if it is better with other brands, but the straps get twisted frequently and the harness in the center is always being moved down by my daughter which compromises her safety.

I bought the Britax brand for its safety ratings.  While I have never tested its safety (knock on wood), it seems to be a safe seat.  It fits well in all the cars I have tried it in and I can easily move it from one car to another when I need to.  I do find it MUCH easier to install with the seatbelt than the latch system.  I feel like the LATCH would probably be safer, but I find that to be much more time consuming that I often resort to the seat belt method.

Perfect for your family as child grows

from Erie, PA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to Adjust
  • Easy to Clean
  • Easy to install
  • Safe
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Bulky

• Toddlers

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

We got this seat for my 1st son when he outgrew his rear facing infant car seat. It was perfect as we could still use it rear facing for a period of time but were able to easily switch it to forward facing when it was time. He loved it! It is easy to install and take out. Although I usually sit in it myself to make sure that it is firmly in place. My 2nd son currently uses it, the seat still looks brand new!

Good lightweight carseat

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

This is a good car seat for cars with limited backseat room. We use it in our coupe since the 5 point harness car seats are too large to fit in the backseat. It has lasted us for two children over a span of 4 years and it still looks good as new. The only downside to it is that there is not a 5 point harness so you have to install it very well to make sure that it does not move when you are driving. If you are not sure of your installation skills, then this car seat would not be your best choice for safety reasons.

Ease of Installation
Very easy to install with seatbelt clip. You simply have to put your bodyweight onto the car seat to ensure that all the slack is taken out and then clip the seat belt. However, there is not a 5 point harness for this car seat so it can wiggle if you do not install it properly.

Child's Comfort
Both of my children loved this carseat and we have been able to drive 6 hours without them complaining about the car seat. Because the cover is plush, it tends to warm up and your child may become hot in the seat. This is the case for most car seat covers however.

Support and Safety
We prefer a 5 point harness to the clip-in installation as the car seat is more securely in place. However, we used this car seat in our coupe since the 5 point harness car seat was too large to fit in the backseat.

This car seat has lasted us over 4 years and the buckles are still very secure. Additionally, the seat belts have not frayed and the cover is still very plush despite multiple washings.

No complaints

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

I am so happy with the Britax roundabout 50 classic convertible car seat. We have been using it now for about a year and I am very happy with it. My daughter is still two and rides backwards facing. The weight limit on this seat to turn it forward is thirty pounds. My daughter is almost there so I do think the seat will be more comfortable when she is facing forward. Right now she is a little cramped sitting backwards but other than that she seems very comfortable. I do like that the seat is easy to put in and take out if the car. It is nice and tight in the seat which I feel is very safe. Also it is very easy to loosen and tighten the safety straps. That is an awesome thing for me because I often have to put my child in the seat alone and in her last car seat I could not control how tight the straps were alone. Also I think the car seat in general has a nice look to it. It isn't to bright and flashy. It is neutral and matches the upholstery of my car.

Ease of Installation
Very easy to install in the car or change it to a different car.

Child's Comfort
I can tell my daughter is comfortable in this car seat.

Support and Safety
An extremely safe seat with a lot of support.

Very easy to use car seat.

A sleek design that matches the upholstery of my car.

High quality

from Oxford, CT

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

I highly recommend this car seat. It is a high quality car seat with the best safety features. This car seat has a 5 point safety harness which is something really important for safety in car seats. Not only is this car seat secure but it is also very comfortable for the baby. It has just the right amount of cushion for comfort as well as cushioning to protect in case of a collision. It is also very easy to install which is a very important quality to have in a car seat especially for new parents. Some car seats are just impossible to install and you end up wondering if you even installed it properly. There is always the chance you may have to switch it into another car too so you want to avoid any hassles with a car seat that is too difficult to install. The design of the car seat is also nice and very durable. It really does give you the assurance that the baby is safe in this car seat.

Safe and Comfortable Car Seat

from MI

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

We received the Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible car seat as a baby shower gift prior to the birth of our first child. She transitioned into this seat from her infant carrier/travel system car seat shortly after turning one, and now she has been upgraded to the Frontier and our son has been moved into the Roundabout. Both of my children have always seemed very comfortable in this car seat, having no trouble whatsoever falling asleep in the car while riding in this seat. It has nice, thick padding and it is actually really soft. Britax has one of the best safety ratings out there, making the higher price tag well worth it, in my opinion. It's hard to really put a price tag on safety, and Britax is just about as safe as they come. It's just a great car seat all around. It is lasted through two children so far with barely any signs of wear. I am very impressed with the quality of this car seat and absolutely feel safe with Britax. I just really wish the Roundabout had cup holders like the Frontier does. Minor complaint, but I just really love those cup holders!

Britax Roundabout Car seat

from Austin, TX

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

I LOVE the Britax roundabout car seat and I think my daughter does too. We have used the car seat for 3 years now and plan to use it for atleast one more.

Ease of Installation
I think the Britax roundabout car seat is relatively easy to install. I have it down to an art installing in our own vehicles, but sometimes have trouble finding the car seat hooks when installing in a car that I am not familiar with, for example, the grandparents cars. other than that it is very easy and the hooks snap in.

Child's Comfort
My daughter seems very comfortable in the Britax roundabout car seat and has lots of room.

Support and Safety
I feel my daughter is very safe and appears to be well supported in the Britax roundabout car seat.

The Britax roundabout car seat is very easy to use. My three year old can do the snaps herself.

The design of the Britax roundabout car seat is very good. It fits my daughters body well and keeps her secure.

This Britax roundabout car seat is very durable. We have used for a little over three years and due to my daughters small body frame, we plan to use it for atleast another year.

Great carseat

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

I bought two of these car seats (one for my car and one for my husband's car) when my middle child turned one. The main reason I initially bought this brand/type was because I read all the reviews on babiesrus.com and this car seat had the best reviews. When I first put this car seat in my car facing back it fit in the seat very nicely and it is extremely easy to recline. My daughter sat very comfortable and when she fell asleep in the car her neck was supported. At the age of two I switched her forward and couldn't recline the seat as much. I thought that maybe this would be uncomfortable for her if she fell asleep, but her neck is actually supported nicely when she falls asleep facing forward. Now she is almost four years old and it is just about the end of her time in this car seat because her head is just about to the top of the seat. She's old enough now that she can climb into her seat and she can actually buckle the buckle across her chest and then I just have to do the one between the legs. The only two negatives that I find about this seat is the cover comes off around the edges that every few days I have to adjust and secure the cover back into its correct spot and the straps could be longer. Right now she just fits into the straps.

• Support and Safety:

We love the britax roundabout car seat

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

This was our second purchase on a forward facing car seat for our daughter. We travel a lot, and she got to the point that after about 30 minutes in her old car seat she would complain that her back would hurt and she was so uncomfortable. After a lot of research we found the britax, and it was rated one of the top seats for long trips, so we bought it and have loved it since! Our daughter no longer complains, plus it has been very durable and I would rate it ten for safety. We were rear ended and she was kept very safe and did not feel hardly any if the impact. I would highly recommend this car seat to any of my friends.

This product is amazing!

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

This Convertible Car seat is amazing!!! I love how comfy it is for my children because they hate sitting in car seats. They wouldn't sit in any car seat other than this one because they didn't they the others were comfy. The said it was uncomfortable and it hurt their butts. As soon as I got this car seat i didn't need to worry about my children complaining about their car seat each time I brought them with my in the car. This product made my life soo much easier! I love it!

Ease of Installation
There really isn't any installation for this car seat.

Child's Comfort
This is my main reason for doing this review because this car seat is great at being comfortable for children because it's just so comfortable for my children.

Support and Safety
This is fairly safe for your children. I once bought a car seat and it didn't even work with the seat belt because it wouldn't go over the seat belt and kept making the seat belt popping up so when i turned my babies car seat toppled over. Than goodness my baby was alright and was fast asleep and didn't realize anything.

• Support and Safety:

Great reliable carseat that lasts

Comments about Britax Roundabout 50 Classic Convertible Car Sear:

I really like this carseat. I currently use it for my 2 year for rearfacing. It's great in that it will last many years from birth. My older child fit in it at 5 years old forward facing and probably still would at 6, but I haven't put him in it in a while. It's a good solid seat with solid contstruction. The straps and buckles are easy to work. There is a nice velcro on them to hold them back when taking the child out and putting in. That helps kep you from digging under your child to buckle. The seat comes off for easy washing. Install is pretty easy, too. I use latch so I just click them in the loops and pull tight making sure the seat can't move more than one inch side to side. I always get it tight where it doesn't move at all. It takes less than 5 minutes, usually. Installation forward facing is just as simple with latch or with seatbelt and tkaes no more than a couple of minutes. highly recommend this seat