Other Car Seats:

Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

The Graco My Ride 65 is a great carseat from infancy to 65 lbs!

I am a grandmother who keeps my only grandbaby (boy) for my only child (daughter).  I quit my job after working all my life to do this so keeping my little grandson safe is very important to me.  My grandson outgrew his Britax Companion carseat/carrier (my daughter and I both had one each) a couple of months ago.  We both needed to get him a big carseat.  After doing a lot of research on the internet and in various stores.  I discovered the Graco My Ride 65 carseat which is new to the market as of a few months ago.  Both my daughter and myself each bought one.  We really like it because it is much more economical than Britax but also it works both rear-facing (to 40 lbs) and front-facing (to 65 lbs.) so this should be the only carseat we will ever need.  It is now recommended that babies be kept rear-facing as long as possible for safety reasons.  It is built very sturdy and safe - with important side impact protection.  It is quite comfortable-looking also with a soft cover and a soft padded cushion on top of the covering.  I would recommend it since it does have important safety features along with the extended weight limits for both rear-facing and front-facing.  It is supposed to be the only carseat on the market so far with these extended weight limits facing both backwards and forwards.  The covering also comes in various colors and prints.

really big and bulky, and difficult to tighten

The Graco My Ride 65 is a good carseat that is sturdy and soft for your child.  I will tell you upfront though that it is huge.  It comes with two cupholders and big armrests.  It's nice that your baby will ride in style, but it's a pain to manuever around and to put a fussy baby into.  The seat is made of really soft and plush fabric which is nice, but i could see getting warm in the summer months.  It is nice that it is convertible for kids up to 65 pounds, so you will get longer use out of it than you would for a lot of other car seats out there on the market.  It was easy to install using the latch system, but make sure you read the directions so that you adjust the loops in the back of the carseat to the correct point, or this will create a problem.

My one issue with the car seat is that it does not tighten up around the child as much as i would like it to.  You can only get so much slack when you pull it tight, and to me it should be tighter.

Very nice convertible car sear

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

The feature that I found the most appealing about the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat was the soft, luxurious fabric that frames the outer portion of the seat. I knew when I felt the fabric that this would be an excellent car seat choice for my son. He often falls asleep in the car, and I wanted to choose a seat that would be comfortable and safe for him. I love the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat. The seat contains a good amount of padding and the belts are very comfortable for him as well. He does not mind riding in this car set. I love the Graco line of products and feel like this is a very safe choice of my son. The car seat is easy to install in the car. It is also easy to get my son in and out of this car seat. I am very impressed with the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat. This is a quality convertible car seat. It is durable and very easy to use!

Ease of Installation
This car seat is easy to install. It is very easy to get the car seat level and tightly secured in the car.

Child's Comfort
My son loves the fabric!

Love it!

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

We bought two of these car seats 2 years ago for our daughter. This is a great car seat. We are still using them today and we will be buying two new ones for our son soon. I love that these car seats can be used forwards or backwards. This car seat has held up really well. We use them a lot. We had no problems when we drove to Disney. Our daughter was comfortable the whole time.The cover comes of fairly easy to clean. This is great since our daughter is a messy little girl. Having two cup holders on this seat is another nice feature. She loves to put her toys/sun glasses/food and drinks in them. The only problem with them is that they are a little hard to remove for cleaning. The designs of this car seat are also nice. Also, the straps stay in place and do not get tight or loose. I have this problem with my sons current car seat. This car seat is easy to install. I would definitely recommend this car seat!

Graco My Ride 65 Car seat Convertible

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

We got this as a gift for our 1 year old daughter and she loves it. It seems to be very comfortable for her. You can remove the material in order to wash, which is a great and useful feature. I also like how it has a clear to read level indicator to make sure it is installed properly. Another great feature is that it is convertible. As of now we are still using it in the rear facing position, and we look forward to turning it forward facing when the time comes. It is pretty big in size, which I was not expecting. We needed to get a bigger vehicle as it was since we were outgrowing my small car. I would recommend using in a larger vehicle due to its size. So far it has fit nicely in our SUV. The only issues I seem to have with it our the headrest pad does not seem to stay put, and can be a bit difficult to work with. Also the latch in order to release the straps can be hard to get to, especially in the rear facing position, since the seat sits right up against the back seat, and it can be tough to get your finger in there to release it. I do wish it came with some nicer strap covers to prevent the straps from digging into the neck of the baby, they are a bit cheap, however not all car seats I have found do come with any strap covers so this is a nice bonus. We also love the cup holder feature's, that way we can give our daughters sippy cup to her and she has a place to put it and she can reach it just fine. It does seem to sit her in it pretty deep, but she seems to be comfortable and it looks pretty relaxing, which is also great cause her head does not flop forward while driving if she falls asleep. All in all we are very happy with this car seat, and wish we had gotten it at first, since it can be used for newborn on up. This would have saved us some money by not having to purchase the infant carrier type seat.

Excellent, Safe Car Seat

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased this car seat when my son turned one. It is very sturdy and the cup holders on each side are a bonus. My son is now three and he still fits in the car seat. The only complaint that I have is that it's a little bulky which makes it difficult to transition from car to car, but it is very safe so that makes up for the inconvenience.

• Support and Safety:

A comfortable a durable car seat

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

I bought this car seat for my niece who is five years today. We used the same car seat for her junior sister who is three years now, and we just gave it to a friend. Although we took good care of the car seat, I must say that it lasted this long because it is a good brand. The fabric is easy to clean and also easy to move around. The baby seats comfortably inside, and it is easy to strap. Although it was challenging at the beginning to put together, once we had a hang on it, we were able to move it around easily. I recommended the same brand to my niece when she had her baby and she too likes it. It was a good buy because it saved us money from buying a new one for the other baby. I gues my friend too is enjoying it.

It is easy to use when any type of car.

I like the design because it is easy to move around, especially during traveling.

This car seat is strong and last longer. It is also easy to put together.

Great Carseat

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

This car seat has been wonderful! My little girl started using it immediately when she came out of her carrier, and she still uses it today at almost 4 years old. This car seat adjusts to grow with your child. It is very inexpensive for the quality and length of time that your child can use it. It is a great car seat!

Huge and awesome

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

This is a wonderful seat if your car can accommodate it. I bought our MyRide 65 roughly around when it first hit the market. My little man had outgrown his bucket seat way too quickly (99th+ percentile for height, 97th for weight) and I'd needed a seat with the highest weight-limit, highest shoulder strap slots that I could afford to keep him rear facing until he turned two. This was perfect and I was JUST able to squeeze it rear-facing in the back of my Corolla.

This seat is deep and has a great recline, and with the side impact wings my kids have been very comfortable sleeping in it. Because of that nice recline, this is a convertible seat that can actually be used for newborns.

Unless you're flying with your child first class, I would NOT recommend this for airplanes, as it is very wide.

Ease of Installation
Standard latch and seatbelt installations. Nothing unique or special.

Child's Comfort
I want my driver's seat to look like these.

Support and Safety
The only thing I could think of to make this better would be a steel frame.

Typical in all regards.

Standard as to other Graco seats.

• Support and Safety:

For the most part, loved it!

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

This was the car seat I bought for my son when he got too big for his first one. I loved the five-star rating for safety, which is why I spent a little more than I had planned to! We were almost sideswiped once and my son was perfectly safe in his car seat. The only complaint I have is that is so large, it's sometimes hard to reach around the buckle up.

• Support and Safety:

safe, comfortable car seat!

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

This car seat was very easy to install. My daughter is rear-facing, and at 14 months has plenty of room to grow. She's very comfortable in it and falls asleep frequently. While I would not want to switch cars every day (we use the LATCH system in my car), we have had to move it between cars before and the seatbelt installation is quick and easy. I drive a large SUV and it is a very large seat, probably would not be great in a small car.

• Support and Safety:

Does the job for a decent price

Comments about Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:

This carseat has worked well for my son. It is a little bulky, and with other carseats in the car it does take up some space, but overall it seems to be a good value for the money. I also love the cup holders. Seems like such a silly, simple thing to include, but they have come in SO handy for a drink and snacks. It was also very easy to install, which is an important factor. I really appreciate the latch system. It is also relatively easy (as far as carseats go) to remove and wash the cover. Considering how messy my kids (all kids?) are, and the potential for throwing up or other messes in the seat, it is really important to me that I can get it fresh and clean easily. Overall, it's not bad considering how much cheaper it can be than other brands, and it definitely has some good features.

A little bulky, and definitely not the cutest pattern (but that's not the most important thing).

This has held up well for several years now.