Other Car Seats:

Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

The Evenflo Symphony should fit a wide range of vehicles.

My husband bought this because the Cosco I previously had was too tall to fit in his car in the rear-facing position.  I liked it so much, I got rid of mine and bought one as well!  It easily fits in the rear-facing position without cramping the front passenger, and is very easy to install (both belt and LATCH installations).  The harness height adjusts just by sliding the straps up or down - no rethreading.  The only thing I miss about my Cosco is that it had armrests that made it easy to move the harness straps out of the way when loading and unloading.  But, the advantages of this seat more than make up for it.

Evenflo Symphony not for me

We purchased this seat thinking it was going to be around forever.  We loved the idea that it could go from infant to practically adult and it was the only one we would need!  However, the honeymoon was over as soon as we pulled it from the box.  In the infant position, it was so hard to get it in the car itself.  The straps to attach it were just not quite long enough to reach.  One person had to push from the front seat while another person needed to pull from the backseat just to get it attached.  Forget moving it from car to car, it was hard enough to just get it installed one time!  Also, my daughter seemed to always get pinched when we buckled her between the legs.  If clothing was in the way, it would never seem to buckle, however, it always seemed to buckle fine when her skin was in the way causing countless bruises and pinch marks.  As she got older, it was way to easy for her to pull down the five point strap area and get her arms out.  This was the main reason we finally just got rid of it.  What good is it if your child can practically can get out?

Not the only carseat you will ever need.

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased the Evenflo Symphony 65 e3 to keep our daughter extended rear-facing. We started her in it at around 9 months & she is still in it at 2 1/2. She was able to rear-face until 26 months (The AAP recommends rear-facing until age 2 at least). She is now riding forward-facing. She always seems SO comfortable in her seat! It is super easy to install (a little more difficult rear-facing). My favorite feature is the movable shoulder straps; it's so nice to be able to just move them & not have to re-thread them all the time! This is also a great carseat because it can be used rear-facing, forward-facing, and as a belt-positioning booster: three carseats in one!
This is not the best car seat, however, if your child has a long torso. It will be outgrown very quickly!

Ease of Installation
Rear-facing you have to use a towel or pool noodle to get the right angle. It is a very easy installation using the LATCH system. Using the seatbelt is a little trickier because you have to get the belt very tight & there is a clip you put on the seatbelt to keep it from moving. Not super hard, just not as easy as LATCH.

Super easy to tighten the straps. The shoulders don't have to be rethreaded, you just slide them to the correct position. Super Easy!

This car seat has a very low top harness slot height. It will be outgrown very quickly. A better option by Evenflo is the Sureride, which has very high top harness slots.

• Support and Safety:

Best convertible seat ever!

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

I love love love this seat!!! It installs in mere seconds thanks to the quick connect latch system. It is very comfy and since it goes up to 65 pounds and converts into forward facing then booster I will not have to buy another seat ever! Worth the money.

Ease of Installation
I am shocked at how fast this seat installs. You simply attach the quick connect latches and press into the seat. You can actually hear them clicking as it tightens the seat. Within seconds this seat is so secure in my car it does not move at all!

Child's Comfort
My child loves this seat, very comfy. She falls asleep in it all the time and is fine on even really long car rides.

Support and Safety
With the extra support by the head rest I truly feel my child is safe in this seat. It is very secure and I feel confident putting her in it.

I love that you can adjust the straps and tightness without having to remove the seat like some other seats. Put your child in and simply press the button and pull the cord to tighten, as simple as that. You can also very easily adjust the height of the straps without removing the seat.

Very nice design, fits nicely in my car which is not huge and still plenty of room in the backseat.

Has held up exceptionally well over the last year. I would buy this seat again in a heartbeat.

Love this seat!!

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

This seat is so much easier to use than my carrier and the straps don't get twisted like the other one. So soft and comfy. My son loves his this new seat so much better than his last. I like how easy it is to get to the straps and that I don't need to rethread the strips as he grows.

• Support and Safety:

Comfortable, easy to install, safe

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased this carseat for our son when he turned 1. We were using an infant carseat until then and he hated it! He cried nonstop every time we got into the car. He did 100% better in this seat! He loves it! We moved soon after purchasing the car seat and found that it was easy to move from car to car. We flew with the carseat. We used it with rental cars. We have had such a good experience that we purchased the exact same model for our daughter soon after she was born. I especially love the way the harness adjusts without having to take the seat apart. That and the latching feature are what sets this carseat apart from the rest.

Ease of Installation
The sure lock feature makes installing the carseat quick and easy. It also gives you peace of mind knowing that it is installed correctly and tightly every time.

Child's Comfort
My son hated the infant seat and his demeanor changed immediately after moving him this seat. The way the harness adjusts both on the back side and the length of the seat belt allow a perfect fit every time.

Support and Safety
The headrest is padded and adjusts as your child grows. I feel safe putting my child in this carseat.

• Support and Safety:

The BEST carseat we have had.

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

I have 3 kids, and have used MANY car seats over the course of the past 11 years. We have used Graco, Britax, Safety 1st, and Chicco. I bought this Symphony as a car seat for our 2nd vehicle, a very large Expedition. After reading the reviews, I discovered that it was a very large car seat. I was ok with that though, since we would be putting it in a vehicle that had plenty of room. I had read that it was extremely safe, and could be used for a longer period of time, than a normal seat. This was actually the main reason we decided to purchase the seat. Our daughter was a preemie, and is still rather small for her age. The larger boosters, did not seem offer enough padding for her, but she really needed to move out of the preemie seat that she had been in for so long. I love how my daughter seems comfy in her seat, but safe as well. The seat was very easy to install, and doesn't budge a bit once in. THIS is something that is new to me. With all of the seats that we have had in the past, there seemed to be some wiggle with them. I love how safe my baby girl is in her Symphony 65! Cleaning is very easy, and many stains have just blended in. Another impressive feature. Honestly, I was prepared for my favorite seat to be the Graco we also purchased, but no, it was the Symphony. We even ended up putting it in our main vehicle. Please note, this is a very large seat, and would not be a good fit for smaller vehicles.

Best Carseat

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

We did a lot of research before buying the Evenflo Symphony 65 e3. We really liked the side impact feature.My daughter was extended rear facing till 2 n it goes upto 40lbs.It converts into high back booster so thats another plus point.We recently did a 2000 miles roadtrip n our daughter was very comfortable in her carseat. The material is very soft n can be washed at home. Installing the carseat n straps is easy. Highly recommended!!

User friendly!

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

This car seat has met all of my expectations and then some. It has great safety features, including the E3 side impact technology and the LATCH system. The LATCH system makes it incredibly easy to move the car seat from car to car. It is also a comfortable seat for my toddler.

• Support and Safety:

Comfortable seat for my infant

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

My son is now 6 months old. We got this seat for him about a month ago. HE HATED his infant carrier. I think it may have been his limited view of things around him, but he would cry and cry everytime we were in the car.

Since installing this into the car, he has been happier when we are on car rides.

Installation was easy, even with just a seatbelt (our vehicle is older and doesn't have LATCH). The fit for my son is wonderful. The straps are easily adjusted and tightened. There are extra pads for smaller children, which I didn't need to use, because my boy, even though 6 months, is pretty big.

I love that this seat will harness up to 65 pounds, and I can extended rear face if I choose to until 40 pounds. Then, it turns into a booster up to 100 pounds.

I contacted Evenflo about this seat, knowing that most carseats have a 6 year expiration, and they confirmed that this one has an 8 year expiration because of the extended use it will get.

This seat is reasonably priced for what you get out of it, and I will be picking up a 2nd one for my older son, being his current carseat only harnesses to 40 pounds and just had a recall, even though a simple fix.

I am an advocate of CARSEAT SAFETY, so please be sure to protect your children and know the PROPER way to install the seat and buckle your child in! check www.seatcheck.org to find a certified technician to install the seat properly if you are not sure if you have done so.

Evenflo Symphony not for me

from Navarre, FL

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

The Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat is Great!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased this car seat when our son outgrew his infant seat at about eleven months old.  He wasn't quite old enough to be front facing, so we first used this in the rear facing position.  It was very easy to install, as our vehicle is a 2008 and has the latch system.  It's as easy as clicking in a seatbelt! I was very impressed.  It is very secure too, and doesn't move at all from side to side. I feel very safe using this car seat.  The other main benefit is that this should last us for a long time as it goes from an infant seat all the way up to a booster seat that goes up to 100 pounds! We might not have to buy another car seat at all for our son! we purchased this at babies r us and were able to save quite a bit of money by using one of their 20 percent off coupons! This is great carseat, evenflo is a great company, and i would definitely recommend this car seat when it comes time to upgrade from the infant seat!