Other Multivitamins:
Equate
Rca_2014_value

Equate Complete Multivitamin

Excellent multivitamin for those who are budget conscious.

I would like to start off by saying that I have been taking multivitamins since I was a little kid.  Because of this, it almost seems like I have become accustomed to whatever vitamins and minerals are in them because when I run out and don't take them for even two days straight, my stomach seems to get upset and I feel weird.  Maybe there is just something wrong with me, but I have taken kids vitamins when we were really hard pressed for money and I ran out, and I still felt the same way.  I was always using the name brand vitamins before, but one day I saw how much cheaper the Equate ones were, and decided to give them a try.  I checked all the ingredients, and everything seemed to match, and lo and behold that when I switched over it did not affect my stomach or anything at all.  I still get like that whenever I don't take my Equate multivitamins now for two days straight, which tells me that they are exactly the same as the name brand.  An excellent choice for anyone on a small budget.

I won't buy again.

I bought these after my doctor told me I needed multivitamins. These made me very sick. I threw up everyday after I took one and became very dehydrated. I eventually had to stop taking them and the day after I stopped taking them, I began to feel much better. I would NOT recommend these to anybody. I don't know why they made me so sick and I don't know if I am the only one. But when I switched to another brand of multivitamins I had no problem.. So that leads me to believe that it was this product, not my body. My doctor was confused also as to why I was fine with other products but this one managed to make me as sick as it did. He had another patient try it who seemed to have the same results that I did, so our doctor decided to write to the company letting them know that he had patients getting sick from this. Like I said, I won't buy again and I won't let me family or friends buy it. Hopefully no one else gets sick from this.

Average, Certainly Not the Best

from Utah

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

When deciding if this is the best multivitamin to use or not, then one needs to consider whether he value cost or quality more. Equate brand multivitamins are what you pay for. They cost less money, but they are a lower quality than the brand names that charge more. So if one wants some value for a less money, then this can work. If someone would rather get better quality, then he needs to spend more. Particularly with supplements like this, the quality of the vitamin that is put in can greatly affect the quality and help that it provides for the person who is using it. Cheaper ingredients provide cheaper costs to the consumer, but they also provide much lower quality. Personally, if I am already paying for something like a multivitamin, I would rather pay a little more so that I can know I am getting the best ingredients rather than spend some money on something that may not provide a great benefit.

Helped my hair!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

I went on a diet and dropped 75 lbs pretty quickly, unfortunately my hair seemed to have also lost a lot in that diet as I had changed what I was eating so drastically. My hair was falling out left and right, so I decided I should go and buy some type of multivitamin to try and help keep it in and give it whatever it was missing. Most multivitamins are extremely expensive for a pill, so when I found this and it was a great price I decided to give it a shot. I took it for about a month before I started to really notice a difference. My nails were growing faster, my skin looked nicer, and most importantly my hair had slowed down drastically on the amount of it that was falling out. I also noticed that I had more energy to keep up with my new busy lifestyle and going to the gym. It is a great overall multivitamin and has helped me to get where I want to be with my health without having to spend an arm and a leg.

Great vitamin that both I and my husband can take.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

I bought Equate Complete Multivitamins because they are not man or woman specific so I didn’t have to buy two different types for my husband and myself. Not only do these save me money by being for both of us, it is also so much more convenient especially when we are traveling. These vitamins are very good and have made a noticeable difference to the way I feel and the energy I have. While these vitamins do not eliminate the need to eat healthy, they are an excellent supplement to make sure that I am getting all the important vitamins that I need. These multivitamins do not contain iron which I think makes them easier to take. I don’t get an upset stomach when I take them and also when I take them they do not have any nasty aftertaste to them afterwards. The vitamins are not huge so they are easy to swallow. These multivitamins are also reasonable priced. I feel like I’m taking a quality product when I use these.

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

A couple of years ago I thought I would try this multivitamin to save money and I am so glad I did. Equate Complete Multivitamin is a great quality product at a great price. I have been taking it daily for about a few years now, I feel so much better than I did before taking it. The pills are a little big and may be hard to swallow for some and they do leave a bad taste if you happen to leave them on your tongue too long. It gives me peace of mind to know that I am getting the vitamins that I may not always get from the food I eat, as I have such a bad habit of skipping meals. This multivitamin has all the vitamins and minerals that are essential to our health. If compared to other more expensive multivitamins you will find that this product has all or more of the same ingredients. Most multivitamins today are simply not good enough to waste your hard earned money on, so why not give Equate Complete Multivitamin a try. I highly recommend this product to anyone, I am sure they will be just as pleased as I have been.

Generic Vitamin brand

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

This is literally the knock off generic version of Centrum Silver's one a day complete vitamins. So basically with that in mind that is the overall expectation of what you'll get. The main differences though that I noticed are for one you get way more multivitamins for the price and they are quite a bit smaller than the centrum vitamins. I bought them because they were affordable and with two hundred pills there's a lot of time before you have to go out and restock. They are really mild, I didn't even have to take them with a meal so either they're really catering to the needs of those with sensitive stomach's or they just aren't all that strong of multivitamins. I would guess since they are from Equate that the second is the case. I do think Equate brands are a close second and a suitable alternative to traditional every day vitamins but if you're looking for potent pills these aren't them.

My Complete Vitamin Tablet

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

Equate Complete Multivitamin provides me with a multivitamin that is in my price range and stacks up well to the name brand multivitamins sold in drugstores or discount stores. I compared the ingredients in the Equate brand to others and find that I am getting the same vitamins for a great price. I do not have to worry about having to go to a specific drugstore to find the brand I am using. There is always a WalMart nearby that can provide me with almost a seven month supply in just one bottle. I also appreciate the fact that the tablets are just slightly smaller than some brands because the smaller the tablet, the easier it is for me to swallow. One thing that I usually find when buying multivitamins at WalMart is that the expiration date is usually years out, so I never have to worry that the container will have an expiration date before it is empty. I don't always think that a "store-brand" product will work just as well, but I trust WalMart to give me a product that I can trust and that will do what it was intended to do.

I won't buy again.

Don't Even Think About Paying More

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

Generic brands are increasing in popularity as prices; in general, are increasing across the board. Only a few exceptions exist, where the generic is not as good as the "name" brand. Equates falls into the "as good" category. One look at the ingredients will reveal the truth; name brand users are being charged too much.

I started using multivitamins a few years ago. My general health has improved: I tend to get sick less; have more energy; and sleep better. Equate Complete Multivitamin includes; iodine, to promote thyroid health; calcium for bone health; vitamin C, which aids the immune system; zinc; which also aids in immunity, but is essential for the production of proteins; and potassium for muscle health. There are many more vitamins and minerals provided, but listing them all would make for a boring read.

You may be asking yourself, "why do some of the vitamin quantities exceed one hundred percent?" Unfortunately, the human body retains only a small percentage of the vitamins and minerals in pill form. Most literature I have read suggests around ten percent. The only reason I point this out, is a person might think they are getting everything they need from this product; which isn't true. Equate Complete Multivitamin is only a dietary supplement, but a good one.

The only issue I find with this product, is an issue applied to vitamins in general. If you takes this product on an empty stomach, it has the potential to cause discomfort. Eat a meal; or a light snack, and you're good to go. Equate Complete Multivitamin provides a cheap, easy way to improve your overall health.

You get what you pay for!

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

These vitamins are good. They probably are not quite as good as vitamins that are offered from vitamin companies. They are however worth the price. What I mean is that you have to ask yourself if you want to pay more for vitamins that ultimately are almost as good as vitamins from vitamin companies. I know my body and I know how my body reacts to different vitamins. The equate brand vitamins give you the listed ingredients but each person will have to determine for themselves if they seem to give you less energy than more nationally known products. I sense a bit of difference but it could be simply in my head. There is nothing glaring about them where I can say I have extremely less energy or such. In my opinion, the equate brand vitamins are worth buying as they are the cheapest vitamins that I have come across and they are just as good as better brands for the most part. I wouldnt suggest spending extra on other vitamins.

A good supplement for your health

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Equate Complete Multivitamin:

My diet is far from well balanced. I had been taking several vitamins each day to help with my health. My mother had suggested I take a multi-vitamin instead. As I have a very sensitive stomach I was hesitant to take a multi-vitamin because of their potency. I chose the Equate brand because of its value. If the pills made me sick I wanted to purchase the lower priced brand. I was pleasantly surprised. These were gentle on my stomach. I always took them with a meal in order to help my stomach. The capsules while a little large were not so big that I had difficulty swallowing them. Make sure to have a fair sized cup of liquid with you. My doctor always told me to drink a full glass of water after you have a supplement and I have always heeded his advice. As for their results, I have felt healthier since I have been taking these. My immune system has thus far avoided the flu outbreak at my workplace and my nails and hair seem a bit stronger.