Other Baby Formulas:

Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

An expensive alternative to milk, but worth it.

Once my son "grew out" of regular formula, he was not so keen on milk, so this product provided a nice alternative. It is expensive (like formula), but there are often coupons available and it is on sale in our area frequently. He was not a big eater, so the Enfagrow formula was a nice bridge. My son just turned two, and I finally stopped the bottles about two months ago. It was a nice "cue" for him when nap or bedtime came, but he was having problems with speech and his teeth were starting to be affected by the sucking. I tried to give the Enfagrow to him in a sippy cup, but he was not ever interested in it that way, so we kind of just went cold turkey. Even though he was only drinking two 8 oz bottles a day, it was really affecting his solid food intake, so the first few days of "weaning" were rough as he was learning he would have to eat real food to make up for lost calories. Still, he is a very healthy child and I don't think I would have changed anything -- and I would use this product again, for sure!

Baby Formula for Young Toddlers

Most all babies grow up drinking baby formula and they continue to drink formula until approximately the age of one. At this point, most parents switch to regular milk, but there are now formula products designed for children in their toddler years. One such product is **Enfamil Next Step Lipil Formula with DHA and ARA**, a product made for children between nine months and twenty- four months of age.  **Baby Formula Commentary:** Enfamil Next Step Lipil is a milk- based powder formula (also available in ready to serve cans) that is much like the other Enfamil formulas except that it has a slight variation in nutrition to make it more suitable to children in this particular stage of development. Besides the nutrition, this formula also includes DHA and ARA- two fatty acids that are essential to nutrition and are found in breast milk. Like most parents, the factor that attracted us to this product more than any other factor is the nutritional component. Doing a side by side comparison, it is easy to see the superior nutritional content of Enfamil Next Step Lipil when compared to regular milk. Not only are the individual nutritional levels greater, there are also specific nutrients found in this formula that milk doesn't contain at all, like iron and Vitamin C. There is also DHA and ARA, which are known to play an important role in brain development, among other things. Enfamil Next Step Lipil is an easy product to mix and serve, but I have found that the necessary shaking time is a little longer than the manufacturer claims. A five- second shake isn't sufficient to dissolve the powder. Also, if the water used is too cold, some of the powder may not dissolve at all. This is why I usually microwave the water first; not to the boiling point, of course, but to a warmer temperature, like 90 degrees or so. This is warm enough to make the powder dissolve and not too warm that it burns the little ones lips or mouth. While this product is certainly more nutritious than regular milk, and while I admit this is the main reason we buy it, I must question whether or not this added nutrition is as necessary as the manufacturer leads the consumer to believe. I can't see how it can hurt to serve this product on occasion, and some of the nutritional content is probably very beneficial. But I don't necessarily believe Enfamil Next Step Lipil formula is important to serve every day for children in this age range. To the manufacturer's credit, they do not claim that this should be served exclusively, in place of milk- they only state that it makes a good milk alternative, which it does.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Enfamil Next Step Lipil with DHA and ARA is a good formula to serve every now and then as your little one slowly transitions from baby formula to cow's milk. It isn't an absolutely necessary product, and the cost could make it prohibitive to those families who are anxious to leave the formula stage and switch to a straight diet of cow's milk. But it is still a product worth considering and it's manufactured by one of the most trusted names in baby formula.

Great For child

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

My son has been drinking Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink for the last 6 months. It was recommended to me by my cousin. She gave her daughter Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink for over a year. It was recommended to her by her daughter's pediatrician. I give my son Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink because it is full of vitamins and iron. My son was born with a rare neurological disorder, so it is important he eat healthy and get a lot of vitamins. Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink is a great Way for my son to get his daily dosage of vitamins. My son drinks the milk by itself or mixed in with other foods such as in fruit shakes. I also like feeding my son oatmeal with Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink. It makes my son's food even healthier. I am extremely satisfied with Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink. I Will continue to give it to my son for at least another six months.

• Ease of Preparation:

great transition for my 9 month old before whole milk!!

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

I knew my nine month old would son start regular milk and I knew we couldn't go straight to whole milk it his tummy would not take it well so when i received. The samples i looked into it as well as asking my baby's doctor if he recommended it he said it was ok to go ahead with giving it to him, so i did I went ahead and gave it to my baby he took it well and digested it well. So far so good the cans are also bigger which means more milk for my money no more little cans.

Easily Digested
Normal bowels. He didn't seem to have colic or gas. Didn't seem to hard on his tummy his diaper changes were fuller but other than that no problem.. its been a few weeks now and still good!!

Ease of Preparation
Similar to the one i was using since he was born. The scoop actually was better it has little holes before the scoop where milk would usually accumulate and would spill but with the holes the milk just fell through i liked that!!! Less milk was being wasted.

Good transitional formula

from Richmond VA

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

This is a great formula for the transition between all formula and all cow's milk. It provides more of the nutrients needed by children as they exit the infant stage and begin their toddler years while remaining gentle on their systems and providing a similar taste, texture, and smell. This helps ease the transition by providing familiarity to the child.

Easily Digested
Though my son has a particularly strong stomach anyway, we never noticed any issues with transitioning from infant formula to this toddler formula. On a few occasions early on, he seemed to have a bit more gas than usual, but it passed quickly once he became accustomed to the toddler formula.

Ease of Preparation
Enfamil provides a scoop to help you get the perfect amount of formula every time for your bottles. Sometimes the powder can be a bit unwilling to mix with water if it is too cold, so you may have to shake it for a little longer than is ideal.

• Ease of Preparation:

Fantastic for an extra boost of good stuff for toddlers

from Florida

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

I am a big fan of doing whatever I can to keep the kids I care for healthy and well fed. Enfamil Toddler Milk is a great aid in making sure that toddlers are getting all the good stuff they need to stay healthy and grow. In the fast paced, always on the go world we live in today where there are so many unhealthy food choices its nice to have an option such as this to provide nutrition for growing kids.

I have tasted the product and have to say it wasn't a horrible experience. While its not something that I would want to drink a lot of its not a bad tasting product.

I usually offer it to the toddlers I watch during the day and they are always eager to drink it and more than once have specifically asked for it. Which I take as a good sign and that they like it.

Easily Digested
None of the toddlers I have given it to have had an issue digesting it and this includes one with a fairly sensitive stomach.

Ease of Preparation
Its super easy to prepare, only takes a few seconds.

Great Formula for Toddler

from Bethel Park, PA

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

This Enfagrow next step is way beyond my expectation. My toddler loves this.
Can't believe how superior this brand of milk is. I don't know for everybody else but for me it is. I am on my third kid now and all of them are Enfamil/ Enfagrow babies. We tried to switch brands before for different reasons but we end up going back to Enfamil/Enfagrow brand.

• Ease of Preparation:

excellent source of nutrients in my growing toddler

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

As my baby was growing and I wasn't quite ready yet to fully put him on milk, I wanted to give him another boost with extra nutrients and vitamins. I found Enfamil for toddlers and it works well for us. My son likes the taste as he is adjusting to the taste of milk still. It is packed with nutrients that he needs for his growing body. He doesn't seem to whine much or complain about gas or his stomach being upset and seems to enjoy the toddler Enfamil. He is regular with his poops so the formula does not seem to cause constipation or issues with his stomach tract.
The instructions given with the can are easy to read, follow, and understand. There is a scoop you use to measure out the amount of formula you will add to water in a bottle and shake it all well. The amount of formula to water ratio is given clearly on the can too and can be altered easily enough to fit my baby's needs.

• Ease of Preparation:

It is no good. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

I dislike this product. I was giving my daughter enfamil since she was 3 months and when she turned 9 months I tried enfagrow. My daughter got constipated with this formula. So I switched it back to enfamil. We she turned 1 I tried it again and it got her constipated again. I also noticed that it does not dissolve well. When I washed her dirty bottles they all had undisolved powder. I was very disappointed. Enfamil is best.

Warning. Allergic reaction

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

This formula gave my son an allergic reaction, and he's never had an allegy before. Usually he loves his formula, but he wasn't finishing this one, and finally vomited. The next day a rash appeared on his skin. I've found a few other reviews on the Internet where children had a similar adverse reaction to this "milk drink". Too bad the Internet is full of paid people giving out five star reviews to bad products.

Easily Digested
My son threw up and had an allergy on his skin, and he's not allergic to cow milk, and has never been allergic to other formulas we tried

Ease of Preparation
Ease of preparation is really not important compared to my child's safety and health

• Ease of Preparation:

An expensive alternative to milk, but worth it.

from Omaha, NE

• Ease of Preparation:

Great transition between nursing and cows milk

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Toddler Milk Drink:

I have breastfed all 3 of my children and at 1 year switched them to cows milk per doctors recommendations.  My youngest 2 both had terrible excema as infants which went away after a few months but returned once they were switched to cow's milk.  They also has terrible tummy aches and diarrhea episodes associated with the switch.  I found that using Enfamil's toddler formula half the time has helped ease and eventually alleviate their symptoms as their bodies can adjust to the cow's milk without being completely overwhelmed with it.  I also love that the formula provides a complete balance diet which I sometimes worry they don't get with finger foods and their not wanting to be spoon fed anymore.