4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Enfagrow Vanilla...baby loves the flavor

I was currently using the unflavored Enfagrow before transitioning to milk and saw that there were actual flavors available--vanilla and chocolate. This has the same amount of vitamins and nutrients as the unflavored Enfagrow and is tailored for babies 12-36 months (some packages say 10-36 months). It also has more vitamins and nutrients than whole milk. This formula smells pleasant and it mixes easily, however, what I dont like about it , is that you waste more of this vs the unflavored Enfagrow. For example, the unflavored Enfagrow would required 1 scoop per 2 ounce (6 ounces = 3 scoops) whereas the flavored varieties require that you mix 4 scoops per 6 ounces. So basically you go through the can a little quicker than the unflavored version. Either way its still cheaper than the Enfamil and can easily be bought at supermarkets, pharmacies, major retail stores and also online. This formula is also good to mix with his baby oatmeal/cereal.

Enfagrow: Not sure what to think.

I bought this new Enfagrow product as it was on sale and I had a coupon for it.  I had been breastfeeding for about 9 months when my baby boy started to wean himself.  Since I was only feeding him during the morning and evening I needed to supplement with formula.  My boy drank this formula without making any faces and actually seemed to prefer this formula over nursing.

However, about a week or so after I started using this Enfamil powder my baby boy had severe diarrhea that lasted for about five days.  We could not figure out why he might be having diarrhea and so I contacted Enfamil via their contact form on-line to see if any other mothers had this issue.  To my extreme disappointment, Enfamil never contacted me back.  I was very disappointed that I never heard a word from them.

So, all in all, I do not know whether it was this formula, or something else that was making my boy sick.  We used something other than Enfagrow until he started on whole milk and has not had diarrhea since.

Yummy for a Treat

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

I recently started using this version of the toddler-transition formula with my 1 year old and found mixed results. We had been consistently using the unflavored variety of toddler stage formula (also the Enfamil brand) and were considering making a switch permanently to this "older toddler" kind. However, upon opening the can for the first time, I was overwhelmed with the smell of vanilla - a flavoring that I was excited about giving my child until realizing how very potent and sugary it is! I would not write off this version of formula simply based on the fact that it has a higher content of sugar, however, I would definitely NOT make it a full replacement for the unflavored one. To save money, I would recommend supplementing this milk-product as a twice-a-day or so treat for your toddler, something they will know and look forward to rather than expect at meal time. Also, I would NOT recommend giving your little one a bottle of this vanilla treat anytime close to a nap or bedtime, as my son was up and sugar-buzzing two hours later than usual before bed the one time I made that mistake!

The taste is unbearable.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

My four year old daughter was such a picky eater when she was two and ended up having a hard time gaining any weight at all so her pediatrician recommended that I used something like this to help give her more of the nutrition that she was missing out on by not wanting to eat and also to try and help her to put a little bit more weight on. I bought this and made her the first sippy cup with it and she spit it out at me and told me it was gross. I then tried it myself and sure enough, it has a horrible flavor that not even my two year old could enjoy. I had to use chocolate syrup added into it to finally get her to drink it down and then she started violently vomiting. Her stomach was torn to pieces and she had it coming out both ways. I thought it might be something else so I gave it to her one more time and sure enough it happened again. It might just have been hard on her stomach but it was not a good fit for her and did not do us any good.

Better Than Cows Milk

from Virginia

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

My daughter was born premature and we had a hard time with her gaining weight. She was on Similac Neosure until she was 18 months since she needed the extra nutrients. I didn't feel good about switching to just whole cows milk so I did my research on Enfagrow and found that I could give this to her in replacement of milk or along with her milk. So for lunch I will either give her one or the other and her weight and health is great. I felt that my daughter needed more but some children don't. Now my 18 month old daughter switched from Similac to whole milk no problems, but her weight is above average and I think she eats plenty to get the nutrients that she needs. I like that this product has DHA for their brain development so I can't go wrong giving this to my children. She likes the vanilla flavor and has grown to love it.

Easily Digested
No issues with digestion.

Ease of Preparation
Just add the amount of water you need to how many scoops of powder you are preparing. Dissolved fast without clumps.

• Ease of Preparation:

My son didn't like the Vanilla flavor

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

I love Enfagrow but this Vanilla flavor is too much. I didn't see a stage 3 with original flavor. So I stayed on Stage 2. Price is a little cheaper than stage 2 in my preferred store but it still eats out of my budget. I would not recommend it because of oversweetness and would suggest the original flavored formula.

Easily Digested
My son was constipated with this and the other famous brand. But I kept him on this because of DHA content and supplemented with another powder formula that helped him with digestion. It worked in alternation with something else. I believed its contents and what good it does for my son.

Ease of Preparation
Very easy to prepare. The scoop is a perfect size and easy to hold. I wish the scoop has special place where it can stay on the side or on top of the powder like the Similac containers so I do not have to dig for the scoop in the powder. The size of the can is just right and does not leave to much excess powder on the sides.

Excellent formula!

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

I really love this product and highly recommend it! I started Enfagrow 3 when my daughter turned one years old. We went for her annual checkup and learned that she didn't meet the weight expectations for her age. Our pediatrician recommended this formula to help her grow and gain weight. She gave us a sample of the vanilla flavor and my daughter loved it! This formula eases my mind because my little girl does not eat well at all. I know that this formula has the necessary nutrients for her to grow with just three six ounce bottles a day including any snacks she may pick on. She rarely gets any gas from this formula so I would say its easily digested. Many people complain that this formula does not mix well and leaves a mess in the bottle. I would have to disagree. I use the playtex drop-in bottle liners and the formula mixes great with a nice shake and doesn't leave a mess because the liner gets thrown out!

My baby loves it.

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

It is better than any baby formula in the market. I almost used all baby formula. The taste is good in enfamil. My loves enfamil drink, After a year doctor told i can give him regular milk. But i decided to continue with enfamil stage 3 vanilla. He likes the taste. He is growing stronger too.

It's got flavor

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

My 1st baby started off on Enfamil simply due to us getting it from the hospital. Enfamil was his main due to starting off Enfamil and Costco selling the jumbo size for cheap, although due to coupon and checks, I would buy ready to serve 2oz and 8oz bottle of similac and 3oz of nestle good start. He had no problem switching formulas when we were out and about. I'm wasn't entirely convince that this was any different than the Enfamil but being 1st time dad I wanted to do what was best for my son and since it claimed to be better for toddlers I made the switch.

I bought regular, chocolate and vanilla enfagrow to try a variety for my son. He really likes the regular one since it seems there isn't any taste different from enfamil to enfagrow. Vanilla and Chocolate on the other hand he did not like them. He noticed the difference right way and did not want to drink it. My wife and did not feed him any sweets up to his 1st year (and even now we limit sweets) so maybe that's the reason he doesn't have much of sweet tooth. I tried some of the vanilla and chocolate and they both were very sweet (I don't have much of a sweet tooth) I believe either chocolate or both chocolate and vanilla claims no sugar added but when I looked at the ingridient, there was corn syrup which is pretty much the same thing. Great idea to have variety but wish it was less sweeter.

So nice to have on hand.

from Kaysville, UT

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

Okay, so there are a few reasons why I didn't buy this product right away...all of which seem silly now that I have tried it.  The biggest reason was that I was really excited when my son turned one and I know longer had to fork out the big bucks for formula.  The other reason was because of the vanilla flavor.  I wasn't sure if my son would like it, or I was also worried that it would not be healthy with the flavoring.  Now that I've tried it, I love it. My son loves the flavor, and I love the convenience.  I don't use it for everyday use, but rather stock up on it for those busy times when I run out of the whole milk and don't feel like running to the store.  It really makes my week go a lot better when I don't have to stress about running out of milk.  This toddler powder is so convenient, I love to bring it with me when I head places where milk would spoil.  This is a really great product...I would definately recommend.

Enfagrow Premium Vanilla is an ok product

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

Enfamil Enfagrow Vanilla is a good formula but not one of my top choices to buy.  The only reason I even tried it is because I had gotton the Enfamil checks in the mail which are like coupons so I did not pay much at all for it.  It is good because it still contains the vitamins and triple health guard of the premium Enfamil but it is rather sweet and it smells really bad afer it gets on your baby or his clothes.  It is also expensive since it is priced like regular Enfamil and it is cheaper to buy the generic brands which have the same ingredients as Enfamil.  They show you comparasins of generic brands and premium brands it and is pretty much identical ingredients.  I do not think I will buy Enfamil Premium Vanilla again because I do not want my baby getting used to drinking sweets when I can just give him regular milk and every once in a while a chocolate milk for a sweet, it is cheaper than formula.

ENFAGROW PREMIUM TODDLER FORMULA

from Rancho Cordova, CA

Comments about Enfamil Enfagrow Premium Older Toddler Vanilla Milk Drink:

i used enfamil premium formula lipil for my son till he was one year old. and it has been great for him. and after that i tried enfagrow which is a toddler formula , but it was not that great for him , he had constipation problems, and i found that the formula didnt get dissolved in the water well.