Other Baby Formulas:

Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula

Pros

Cons

the best so far

My daughter Titiksha has been formula fed from day one.... and i am a great addict of similac since it helped my baby.. i was in doubt whether this would work greaat for her as my friends suggested other brands. but myself and my husband were firm in feeding her only with this formula...i have had no issues as this is the best so far... my friends use other brands due to cost consciousnesss, but i feel that when it comesto baby being a little lenient in spending for baby's food is no big deal.they are afterall babies and would not be able to say if they had any issues...the hospital also suggested the same product and overall i am satisfied...if your worried about the cost yes it is a little expensive compared to other brands but works great if that doesnt bother you...

No Different Than Regular Formula

The Similac Go & Grow Formula is formulated for babies 9 months & older. I really didnt find it any different than regular formula other than the consistency seemed a little more "watery". The go & grow formula really didnt seem to fill my son up as much as he was still under 12 months old & still needed the calories/nutrients from infant formula. If your child was over the age of 12 mos i would not recommend this formula at all. I feel that this is more of a marketing ploy to get your child to drink formula longer than recommended age of 12 months. Health wise this formula preformed the same as regular infant formula. He continued to gain weight it did not cause him to have an upset stomach or more than normal spitting up & his bowel movements remained the same. Another con that i came across was that it was more expensive than the traditional formula unless you had a specific reason or a coupon i definatly would not recommend it.

Good for Extra Nutrition

from Utah

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

In our experience, this go and grow formula designed for toddlers does provide excellent nutritional supplementation for a toddler that still needs formula to provide good nutrition. It is

Easily Digested
Our children have never had a problem digesting this formula.

Ease of Preparation
Mixing this formula into a bottle of water is relatively easy. One downside is that the formula itself is relatively sticky, so if the bottle opening is only about the size of the bottle itself, then it is extremely easy for some formula to stick to the top of the bottle and never mix in with the water. One very good thing that I appreciate about this container is that the lid has a clip to clip the scoop into during traveling. Other containers don't have this clip, and the scoop often gets buried in the formula during shipment. When first opening the container, it can be difficult to remove the scoop without making a mess. But with this one, the scoop stays in the lid all the time.

Quality Toddler Formula

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

No corn syrup! Other toddler formulas include corn syrup solids. This is the only one I have found that does not. This is very important to me and my family. We switched brands simply because of the fact that this one does not contain corn syrup solids. That is not needed in a toddler formula. Similac is truly one of a kind.

Easily Digested
My daughter has no problems with it.

Ease of Preparation
Very easy to prepare. Convenient scoop holder.

• Ease of Preparation:

Similac Go and Grow is a great product for toddlers.

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

Similac Go and Grow is a great product when an infant/toddler is making the transition from breast milk or infant formula to whole milk. I think the Similac Go and Grow is great for when a child is ready to take the next step into solid foods and drinks other then formula and breast milk. It still provides them with the vitamins that are needed to grow healthy and strong.

Easily Digested
My child had no issues with the transition from Similac Soy to the Similiac Go and Grow. While I was initially concerned about the switch we just did a fifty/fifty mix of Similac Soy and Similac Go and Grow for the first week.

Ease of Preparation
The preparation of the Similac Go and Grow was the same as any other baby formula. A mixture of water and a few scoops of formula based on the size of the bottle you are making. I personally would make a large container of the formula and divide it out into bottles for the day and night.

Good transition formula.

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

Let me start by saying, I believe nursing is the healthiest way to feed babies. However, I am also well aware that sometimes needing to use a formula is a very real situation. For my first born, my supply ran low and I needed to supplement with a formula. Similac was my first choice. I tried other brands, but none sat as well on my son's stomach or seemed to be as close to breast milk. My only concern was the price. Formula, even with coupons and sales, can be very expensive, but when my son turned nine months, I started using the Go & Grow. It was much cheaper and was a great transition taste and nutrient wise from the Similac formula I was using and whole milk. In fact there wasn't really even a transition, my son switched with ease. I would definitely encourage anyone needing to supplement with formula to consider using this when your child gets over nine months old.

Easily Digested
Very easy on my son's stomach.

Ease of Preparation
Very easy to make. Shake and go!

Such a good product.....

from Florida

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

I wasn't even aware that Similac made a toddler formula until a few days ago and I have to say that I am very impressed. Similac has always been a formula that I have been able to use with babies who have tummy issues and can't tolerate other formulas. The same is true about the toddler formula. Its a good source of nutrition and doesn't harm the super sensitive tummies of little ones.

The quality of the product is fantastic and I love that the little one I use it with actually asks for it. It must taste good if the little ones are asking for it.

Its not the cheapest on the market, but its still much better than the sugary drinks that are on the market geared towards little kids. I would suggest you try it with your little one especially if they have tummy problems.

Easily Digested
Very easily digested, much better than some other drink mixes offered to smaller children and toddlers.

Ease of Preparation
Super easy to prepare, especially in a sippy cup.

constipation in 10 month old

from Avondale, AZ

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

My baby has constipation with painful to pass, hard stools since starting this formula two days ago. I've switched him back to regular similac, but if he is still having problems this evening we will be visiting the doctor.

• Ease of Preparation:

My baby loved Similac milk powder

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

I gave similac go & grow milk powder to my baby when he was 5 months old and stopped when he was 1 year. I tried other brand but my baby did not like them at all. Only this one suited my baby. I am happy with it since it helped my baby grow normally. It did not produce any gas in my baby. I gave daily almost 20 oz along with breast milk. The transition from similac to cow milk also very easy for my boy. May be its because its taste almost same as cow milk and it was not too sweet. Mixing was also very easy, just add hot water and shake the bottle.it was healthier compared to other milk product. It had dha and omega-3 added in it for healthy immune system. And thank God my baby was not throwing up or being very less sick in those days.

The cons are it was very very pricy and my son used to have grren coloured potty those days. Though doctor told its perfectly normal for babys to poop green if they have powdered milk product at that age.

the best so far

from Tempe, AZ

Still trust the Similac brand

from Greenville, WI

Comments about Similac Go & Grow Toddler Formula:

Despite the recall earlier this year, I still trust Similac as a safe and healthy choice. I LOVE what they did with the new packs by putting the scooper in the lid. It makes it SO much easier to use without having to dig through the container to find the scoop. It's also nice because it's refillable so I don't have to juggle with lots of little cans. It also stacks nicely right into the cabinet for storage. I find Similac dissolves easier than other brands we've tried and doesn't carry a strong "formula" smell like other brands we've tried. My only issue is sometimes a clump can get stuck in the nipple and my baby gets frustrated. I have to clean it out with a small nipple brush. I don't notice this kind of clumping with other brands we've tried. I would definately recommend Similac to supplementing moms and appreciate that they send lots of coupons if you join their strong moms website as well.

No Different Than Regular Formula