Other Airlines:

Emirates

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:
    • I received a sample (6), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

Could Be Amazing, Little Problems Need to Be Fixed

My experience with Emirates (4 international flights) has been reasonably good. I had two delayed flights, which I think are partly the problem of the airports and their traffic. On one flight (Dubai to Maldives), after boarding, the plane crew discovered that their second computer was malfunctioning. They allowed technicians to board, but the problem could not be fixed. We sat around for 4 hours and 15 minutes while they got another plane to move us to. The cabin crew was wonderful during this time, very patient and reassuring. They served us our breakfast while we waited. However, I was not pleased by the 4-hour wait on the tarmac (surely someone could have discovered the malfunctioning computer earlier, before hundreds of people boarded?) and filed a complaint with the Emirates main office. A trip that was supposed to take 10 hours tops ended up taking 33 hours because of the delays and having to wait anew for each transportation change. The vacation of a lifetime that I was taking got cut short by a full day (and we still had to pay the resort for the day we missed)! Upsetting!

Service
I was contacted by a customer service officer [name redacted], after the main office received my complaint (3+ hours on the tarmac gives you the right to some restitution, for anyone who doesn't know). He offered me 10,000 Skyward miles for my Emirates flyer account, but said that I had to create an account first. I emailed him back informing him that I already had an account but could not seem to log in (the Emirates site recognized that I had an account but kept giving an error message that said I needed to contact CS), and that I wished to accept the free miles. I never received a response from Emirates CS after that. At this point, it seemed like far more trouble than it was worth to take the time to pursue the issue. I gave up. So, if a flight goes well with no problems, I think Emirates is great. If problems do occur, I don't think they are handled very well.

In-Flight Accommodations
I had a very comfortable and enjoyable flight, once the malfunctioning plane was replaced and we were allowed to take off! The menu presentation and food in the economy class was excellent, far better than the other long-haul carriers I have flown (LH, BA). The seats were comfortable, and my spouse and I enjoyed playing games using the touch screen on our seats (they were a little slow and not very sensitive, but still worked fine for our purposes). On one flight we were seated in different rows, but it was no problem. We could communicate using the seat phone and still play games with each other (by selecting the seat we wished to play with). The movie selection was fairly current, and I got to watch films I had been wanting to see. The volume (or headphones) may not have been good enough because I often could not hear the movie dialogue over the sounds the plane was making). The cabin of the planes is also lovely. I like the design on the ceiling that makes it look like little stars overhead, when the lights are turned out for sleeping.

Don't Travel Emirates with Kids!!

We had booked our reservation more the FOUR months before our return flight from Dubai. Upon arriving at the airport we were told that the airline had overbooked and hence our reservation no longer existed! What is the point of doing a reservation when an airline cannot take and hold one. We travel with little kids (4YO and 6YO) and had reserved to all sit together. The person at the check in counter added insult to injury by saying "Sir, next time don't book on a saturday"- so now all of a sudden this is the passenger or customer's fault for booking months in advance? In the end our little kids and us were spread through out the plane and we had to beg other passengers to let us sit next to our little kids who couldn't possibly fend for themselves on a 13 hour flight!!!!!

This the best flying airlines

from Saudi Arabia

Comments about Emirates:

very good and they are on the time always

The best choice Emirates

Comments about Emirates:

About my experience Emirates Airline as the most secure and comfortable
And services quick Emirates Airline best good guys
They gave a toiletry bag on their New York-Dubai flight
I will surely fly with them again soon.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Very Comfortable!

Comments about Emirates:

EK 385, HKG-BKK in Business Class. Hard to find many, in any faults in this service. Spectacularly equipped A380 with comfortable cabin, seating, remarkable IFE choices with high resolution screen. Business class bar a nice diversion from the in seat activities, service was very attentive and professional. Food and wine perhaps a tad below the rest of the experience but overall very hard to top this on the short run from HKG-BKK.
KUL-MEL-KUL. The outbound flight to MEL was perfect and in-flight service was top notch. However, the inbound flight to KUL was less than ideal. There was at least a 75 minute delay out of MEL. I think this is to do with day-light saving time (1hr) in MEL plus a bit more. I think it is the airlines responsibility to adjust and advertise the correct departure times in cases such as this. I was not informed when I checked in over the web or the counter staff at the baggage drop. However, given the price out of KL, I would fly this airline again.

An Absolutely Tranquil Experience

Comments about Emirates:

We took a trip to China one year, and that is how we came to be using this airline. I had never heard of them before that time. I love them, I loved the experience and I welcome the opportunity to travel with them again and again.

Service
The service is wonderful. They really seem to put your needs above their own and take the time to completely welcome you to their airline and to engage you in the experience. I loved working with them on our travel plans for start to finish. Well worth the time spent to have the perfect trip my whole family enjoyed.

In-Flight Accommodations
They do charge a lot for some of the accommodation, however it was well worth it to me to spent money on the comfort they offered to me and my family. I enjoyed every minute of it, and my husband was able to conduct last minute business from the comforts of the airplane before we arrived at our destination. We are planning another trip to China and will be using them for this trip also.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Expensive but quality is good

from NA

Comments about Emirates:

Whenever my travel time exceeds 5-6 hours and cost is not an issue, the airlines I choose to travel by is Emirates. Emirates is an airline company which offers the best service and in-flight accommodation as compared to other airline companies while their prices are set too high even if you are choosing to travel in the Economy class. The seats available in the Economy class are very comfortable and they provide services like games, music of different genres and the food served during the journey is of a high standard in terms of the taste and the quality. They take very good care of the hygiene and this is visible during the travel journey.

The restrooms are quite spacious and spotlessly clean. When I traveled with Emirates for the first time (few years back), their staff members did not respond well to me but when I traveled with the airlines last year, the staff members were very polite and helpful in resolving my queries and needs.

Always choose Emirates

Comments about Emirates:

Always fly with Emirates now since they are one of the safer flight companies and they always offer flight destinations to the international countries I have in mind when planning my next overseas holiday. Words like affordable, mature, modern, professional and friendly are the terms I would use to describe my experiences with Emirates. Great in-flight services with the flight attendants doing an impeccable job of making my flight overseas as peaceful and enjoyable as it can be. Food service is wonderful; there are a lot of options and everything tasted delicious. The flight arrived on time and departed on schedule. I have had no bad experiences with Emirates. I definitely would recommend boarding this flight company as they offer immaculate customer services and fly to the destinations you want to go to and have a lot of flights going out that are conveniently timed for your holiday.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Wow, I wanna fly emirates again.

Comments about Emirates:

It was an A380 flight from Dubai to Malaysia in Economy class. But I felt it was a business class service. I loved this flight, I usually travel with someone but this was a trip that I had to travel myself and I was lucky to get onto this flight. I have to say that this was a breeze. It's probably in part because we showed up really, really early. Nonetheless, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was as simple as could be and probably one of the better check-in experiences I've had among all other carriers I've flown. The flight was spacious, clean, with beautiful attendants. They always greet you with a smile and truly professionals. Their in-flight entertainment were up to date, providing large screens at each seat with touch screen technology. I do remember getting frustrated with buttons and remote in the older flights. But these screens work just like your touch screen devices, I never had to use my iPad or any devices to keep me busy. They had it all!
Food were acceptable, mine was just fine - I had some rice with beef.

Will Always Fly Emirates If The Option Is Available

from united states

Comments about Emirates:

The seats are comfortable, the flight attendants have smiles, and Emirates offers flights to all of the major international airports one would need to travel to. Why am I not in love - those international flights do wonders for your frequent flyer program. Unfortunately, Emirates does not have any sister connections to those airlines that I prefer to fly for local and transcontinental flights.

Service
The customer service representatives we encountered when we flew Emirates were super helpful.

In-Flight Accommodations
The in-flight accommodations offered on Emirates are above par. The average major international airline could take a page out of Emirates book. There are 110 volt plugs at every seat. What an amazing perk when on a super long international flight. I do not have to worry about providing various forms of entertainment to pass the flight. I need a charger for a few of my favorite. In addition to the power plug, there is also a USB port at each seat as well. My flight just got a million times better.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

I will fly again without a second thought

from Edison, NJ

Comments about Emirates:

I have flown with Emirates three times in the past following the route New York- Dubai- Kolkata and back to New York following the same route. I have travelled in their economy class. I liked their service very much. The stewardesses were very courteous and helpful.
The entertainment, ICE, was good with latest movies, all the four times. The catering was also good. The amount of food and the number of time they give is much better than other airlines I had flown with. They keep fresh fruits and cookies in their serving area. So if you are hungry any time you can have it from there. They gave a toiletry bag on their New York-Dubai flight which had a pair of socks, toothpaste and toothbrush and eye-shades. The one thigh that I liked the most is the warm towel they give when we boarded the flight and once before serving breakfast, which is very refreshing.
I will surely fly with them again soon.

Best I have experienced.

Comments about Emirates:

I have traveled a lot in my life both domestic and international travel. And I can say with utter confidence that Emirates has been the best international airline I have used to travel thus far. It was not even a small flight, I took a connecting trip from London to Karachi with a small transit in Dubai. The flights were on schedule and the transit time was minimal. The staff was very polite and helpful. The aircraft was a nice Boeing 777 with spacious seats in Economy class. The food was better than anyone expects to be served miles up in the air. And most importantly, the bathroom was very clean and didn't make me vomit. There were a number of channels I could watch movies on to pass time. All in all it was an excellent journey with Emirates. When you get such amazing experience, there is naturally a price to pay. Emirates is more expensive than plenty of other crappy airlines which allow you to travel to same places with much more connecting flights and delays.