4.8
Stick Vacuums
Dyson
DC44 Digital Slim MK2
Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim

Summary

Technically, the Dyson DC44 Animal is a cordless hand vacuum cleaner but, with the included wand, it's a cordless upright cleaner designed for routine use. It's perfect for conventional homes and apartments. DC44 Animal has a detachable long-reach wand, which is balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning. The motorized floor tool has twice the power of the DC35 floor tool, to drive the bristles deeper into the carpet pile with more force. It attaches to the wand or directly to the machine for cleaning awkward spaces. The brush bar has carbon fiber filaments for removing fine dust from hard floors. DC44 Animal has a run time of 20 minutes or 8 minutes on Boost mode. Powered by the Dyson digital motor, DC44 Animal has a fade-free nickel manganese cobalt battery and Root Cyclone technology for constant, powerful suction. Covenient dock and charge - Docking Station stores the machine and attachments when not in use. The battery can be charged while the machine is in the docking station, or separately from the machine. Bin capacity 0.09 gallons Dimensions 44.1 x 9.1 x 11.8 (H x W x D) Weight 5.07 lbs Dyson 2-Year Warranty

Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim

4.8

Pros

• Easy to empty (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Lightweight (5)
  • Powerful/good suction (5)
  • Efficient (4)

• Pet hair (5)
    • Personal (5)

Love this Animal!

from Allentown, Pennsylvania

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Lightweight
  • No cords to get on the way
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Needs longer charge life

• RV's and Cars

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

I have two of these. I keep one in the RV. It's great because it's lightweight for the stairs and for quick clean ups. Great for getting into crevices in the sofa! I wish it had more charge time on it though for those longer clean ups. I love it though, that's why I have two!!!

Love it!

from Oklahoma

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

It's a great Dyson! My husband and I received it as a wedding gift and we love it! Easy to carry from room to room! Work s great in the car also!

• Personal

Dyson Animal makes my life easier

from Southern Ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

I received the Dyson Animal as a Christmas gift. At first I thought a vacuum for a gift?! Let me tell you, it was a wonderful gift. I have two kids and two dogs. My house is primarily tile flooring. The Dyson Animal is small powerful and convenient. I use it several times a day to vacuum up dog hair and crumbs in the kitchen area. It has great suction and is lightweight. It is quick and easy. Easy to empty and nice and slim for storage. I always have mine out because I use so often. It is a little pricey but well worth it.

Love this vacuum

from Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

Let me first start by saying, I am obsessed with this vacuum! At first I was a little bit skeptical of purchasing this because it is so expensive, I was not sure how it was going to work on the pet hair because I have tried so many different vacuums and none of them were successful. After one use I fell in love. I only have to go over the pet hair spots 1 maybe 2 times and it is all cleaned up not a single trace of pet hair. It works better than any vacuum that I have ever tried. It is well worth the money. I love the fact that it is lightweight, easy to use and easy to maneuver around the house. No chord so you can take it anywhere. Only downfall is the battery will only last about 20 minutes. Other than that, 5 stars for Dyson Animal DC44 slim!!

• Personal

A great purchase decision.

from Gulfport, MS

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• internal filter removal

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

Powerful suction. Quick and easy to use. Little hard to remove the internal filter to clean it. One of my best buys for cleaning floors. Wish it had an off an on button so that you do not have to keep pressing down to keep it running. Hard on arthritis hands. I bought an extra battery for occasional longer cleaning time. I have 2000 square feet.

Great concept, needs longevity

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

The product is a breeze to use for quick touch ups, in between deep cleanings, or if you have a spill of the dry variety (I don't believe you can clean up liquids with this). Its very lightweight, pretty quiet in comparison to most vacuums, and easy to use. My only complaint is that it seems kind of cheesy, and starts to fall apart or lose suction after about a year. Which is way too soon, for how much it costs!

Maneuverability
      You can sweep just about anywhere with it! Hard floors, or carpets, and switching in between the two seamlessly.

Ease of Maintenance
      There's not much you can do when it starts to lose suction. But it's easy to clean out the little collection bin.

Suction Performance
      Its great at first, but slowly loses its strength over time.

Versatility
      Great for all types of flooring, tile, hard wood, vinyl, carpet with long or short fibers.

Very easy, LOVE that it's cordless. It's also very quiet compared to my other vacuum.

Doesn't last as long as it should. The suction slowly dwindles over time, and so does it's battery life. It goes dead really quick, now. I'm talking like 5 minutes!

Wonderful!

from Fort Myers, FL

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

Love this vac! Great for quick jobs. Gets int small spaces. Best of all wonderful on your back as bending down is not required. We have a cat and it picks up all kinds of "fur balls" ...etc. that the cat leaves laying around. Not a product to clean a whole house as one of the previous reviewers mentions but great for quick clean ups when you don't want to use your regular vacuum.

Maneuverability
      Gets into all kinds of nooks and crannies.

Ease of Maintenance
      Empty container after every use and you'll be alright. Can hold a lot of dirt...

Suction Performance
      Excellent - specially pet fur.

Versatility
      Best thing I bought. No regrets.

"Back" saver. No bending required. Great plus.

Have had it for over a year now with no problems.

Great for small jobs.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

I got this because I am a huge Dyson fan and we do not have a lot of closet space to store a big vacuum cleaner so I thought that this would be a really good option to have. This vacuum works just as well as one of the big Dyson's, it is very powerful. I love that it has a lot of suction power and this never seems to go away. This is so great to have for stairs, it makes it so easy and convenient to vacuum up your stairs and it is so nice to never have to find a power outlet to plug into or to have to maneuver around a cord. There are only two real big negatives for me with this vacuum cleaner. The first is that since this is battery powered, it does not last long and it will die on you after you have only done a little bit, this makes it hard to get the whole house vacuumed without recharging in between. The second problem I have found with it is that the canister fills up so fast and easy that you have to empty it out a lot. This would be the perfect vacuum for a smaller place but it just is not very useful in a large home.

• Versatility:

Never Owned Any Vacuum Quite Like This!

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

After a recent blow up of our old vacuum, a few weeks ago, my family decided to spurge on the Dyson Animal. We have a new cat in our home, needed something that could better pick up the loose hair, as our last vacuum wasn't doing it for us. I must say I have never owned a vacuum quite like this one. It made it much easier for my husband, who has back problems, to vacuum when I am away. It's sleek and slim design makes it easy for us to tuck away in small spaces. It is such a drastic change from our old bulky vacuum.

Maneuverability
      It's ease of swivel, makes vacuum time much faster.

I actually loved the way this vacuum looked at the store, that was my main reason to purchase. It's just super sleek, yet so functional.

We have only owned the Dyson Animal a short period of time, but even so, I feel that we will have this vacuum a long time. The time it takes to vacuum is cut in half, so the run time is a lot shorter.

• Versatility:

Unusual design that works!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Dyson Animal DC44 Digital Slim:

I bought the Dyson DC44 vacuum for half-price at one of Target's annual sales. I will admit that when I first purchased this vacuum, I had absolutely no idea how to use it. Its unusual design makes it intimidating for first-time users. However, once I got the hang of it, the Dyson DC44 became one of my favorite cleaning tools. I use it multiple times per week, and I am so happy that I purchased it.

Maneuverability
      The Dyson DC44's maneuverability is by-far its best quality. I love how this vacuum is light in weight and can swerve and move around exactly where you want it to. It's perfect for cleaning tight spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
      The maintenance of this vacuum is pretty standard. You just find the dust section and empty it into the garbage.

Suction Performance
      I will admit that its suction performance is not quite as powerful as other heavier vacuums, but it is not needed anyway. This vacuum is meant for smaller tasks.

Versatility
      Like I previously said, this vacuum cannot handle heavier jobs. However, this vacuum can handle most tasks, and it works great for cleaning tight spaces that most other vacuums would not be able to swerve into.

This vacuum has a very unique design, and that's what I love about it. It's skinny, so you can fit it anywhere.

I've had this for over a year now, and I have not had any problems with it.