Other Vacuums:
BH50010
Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum

Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum

• Versatility:

Nice for a quick clean up-not durable

Initially I really enjoyed this vacuum. What not to like? It is cordless and holds its power for about 15 minutes which is not bad for one floor of a house. It has two pick up settings which works on wood floors and on carpets. The issue came up over time of use. It keeps clogging between the compartment where the dirt goes and the broom sweeper. I have to clean it out after each use and cannot figure out why it is clogging. That being said, I am still using it and hoping that the problem will be corrected. It is nice for quick cleaning. I have two small children and I use the vacuum three times a day to clean up after each meal. Not having a cord allows for ease of use. THe price was also right for what we use it for. We have mostly wood floors and it does much better than a broom would and I don't need to constantly change the cord. The battery has a good life. After powering it up for about thirty minutes I can use it to clean again. I would recommend it!

I always seem to clog this up

I'm terrible on vacumms it seems! So evenduntlly this one was no different. I always seem to clog this one up wheever I use it. From the third time I used this, it got clogged. My father had to unclog it. Then the fifth time (I believe) the belt (I believe that was it) broke and my father again had to fix it... yeah, dad to the rescue. Now the thing constantly gets clogged and I have to stop halfway between vacumming the room to unclog the vacumm so I can't even seem to finish vacumming the room before it gets clogged. The vacumm does not seem to be able to handle daily vacumming whihc is what I purchased it for. I have three kids and I wanted something to pull out and vacumm over quickly and easily every day. I felt the cordless wouild be easier to vacumm every day however this was not the case. This vacuum appears to clog easily and cannot handle exessive use (daily use) and gets lcogged very easily.

Best Invention Ever

from Bergenfield, NJ

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Carpet
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Stairs
    • Tile Floors

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I was recommended this vacumm by a family member that had it and my reaction to it was "why didnt i get it earlier". I have had stick vacuums in the past, but nothing compares to the hoover, it is light weight, so easy to use that even my 6 yearl old twins use it, and the suction power is amazing. This vacuum has simplified my everyday mess cleaning, specially when my kids are around. The battery life could be a little better but i have to keep reminding myself thay is a cordless vacumm i cant pretend it to last all day. The cleaning of the canister is adms easy as pressing a button and love the washable filter. i wouldnt recommend it for heavy heavy cleaning jobs due to the battery life but i love it and strongly recommend it for everyday quick cleanups and keep up around the house.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Best cordless vacuum!

from Spring, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Clogs easily

• Carpet
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Stairs
    • Tile Floors

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

This is the best cordless vacuum I have found! I have had others but the suction is always lacking. The Linx has powerful suction and I like that it has a turn off switch for the roller brush. That means that you can use it on hardwood floors. Turning off the roller brushes was important because I worry that it will scratch my wood floors. So you can use this on hardwood, tile and carpet (once you turn the roller brushes on). The suction is so great! It even picks up cereal pieces without having to pick the vacuum up and place it on top of the food. I have found that the vacuum can get clogged easily if you suck up too much paper or larger items. If you find that the suction isn't great, it is mostly likely clogged. I like that there are 3 areas you can check to unclog it easily and it comes apart at the head for easy access to clogs. It also has a great collection chamber that is also easy to empty and clean. I definitely recommend this vacuum!

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Love this vacuum

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

This vacuum was all that I wanted for Christmas. The reviews that I read online raved about how good it was so i had to write one myself to testify that all the good reviews are true!

Maneuverability
    This vacuum us very easy to maneuver it glides easily on wood floors as well and low pile carpets. It is about to fit under low furniture with ease.

Ease of Maintenance
    This Maintenance of this vacuum is easy since it is a wind tunnel design it is very easy to empty and wash out all the parts that store dirt. From other reviews that i have read they suggest to run the battery out instead of keeping it on the charger to prevent it from going bad. I do not leave it on the charger and have not had any issues.

Suction Performance
    The vacuum has great suction. Much better then I expected from a cordless stick vacuum

Versatility
    With the simple switch of a button I am able to switch to having the brush or going with out the brush.

I like the light weight sleek design of the vacuum. The design enables the vacuum to get into low, tight, and small spaces

This vacuum seems very durable. It is about to with stand abuse from my 2 year old with no problems

• Versatility:

Love it, but low battery life

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I love this vacuum, it is powerful, lightweight, my only issue is the battery life. It lasts barely 30 minutes and takes a long time to charge. I have heard that if you contact Hoover they will replace the battery, but I have no tired that yet. I love that this vaccum does not use bags, the canister is easy to lift out, and it really does take away the sweeping task from my everyday life

Versatility
    Moves easily from carpet to hardwood floors

I have had it for 2yrs now

Hoover Linx Cordless Vacuum

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

The Linx overall is a great vacuum for hard wood floors and pet hair. I was looking for something that could be quickly used to clean pet hair and dust in between major cleanings. Good suction and battery lasted through the entire cleaning. Also did well on small rugs

• Versatility:

easy on the wrist and light weight

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I like this vacuume because it is light weight and durable it gets into places that most can not the slim handle allows for easy grip

Maneuverability
    I love the way it manevuers around couches and in the cracks of the walls for better handling the slim handle helps the maneuvering technique, The slim handle also allows the user to have a child help with vacuuming if needed

Ease of Maintenance
    Sometimes it can be complicated to clean the filters if you don't have much time but other than that fairley easy to maintain

Suction Performance
    As long as you keep the filters clean it had proper suction keep the belts tight the sunction is really good in getting pet hair off the counches and grud off the floors

Versatility
    Good versatility in getting around the couches and corners it gets into small cracks where most vacumes can not reach

The slim handle makes handling easier and makes gripping very manageable to a child or a woman

Good quality

• Versatility:

This is the best vacuum EVER!

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

It sucks up amazingly well for a cordless vac. It lasts long enough to get the house done and doesn't lose the suction as it goes. I don't have carpet, just some rugs and hard wood/laminate with dog hair gallore---it is great at getting that up. I love how lightweight it is and it's tall enough that my 5'7 height isn't bent over to use it.

Platinum Plus Perky!

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I LOVE THIS VACUUM! Unfortunately, I've spent far too much money on stick vacuums, trying to save money by buying the cheapest one, but ending up spending more in the long run. I would buy one that was on sale, then use it a few times and realize, "You get what you pay for!" When I finally decided to get the LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum, it was a bit more than I wanted to pay for a "cordless stick" vacuum but I decided I would try it. If it wasn't any better than the others, I would return it. WOW, was I ever pleasantly surprised! It worked just about as well as my Hoover full-size vacuum.

Sometimes I think folks purchase these vacuums and expect them to work like a full-size, corded vacuum. They are not designed to vacuum an entire 3000 square foot home in one clean sweep. I use mine mostly for spot vacuuming or when I need to do just one room. It is so delightfully light weight and easy to maneuver. It charges fairly quickly and the charge lasts much longer than any others that I have tried. It picks up just as well as a full-size vacuum (sometimes even better) and it's easy to keep clean and out of the way. It's not heavy or bulky. I just love it! I don't even mind vacuuming when I get to use this one! It is quite "perky" and gets a "platinum" star from me! Thanks, Hoover! Your entire Platinum line is wonderful!

LOVE the design - well done!

Simple to Use Vacuum

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I never thought I would like a cordless vacuum, but this model has a lot of power and the battery lasts a long time so that I can get all my vacuum work done in my house without worrying about a long cord. I like that it has strong suction power and works great on the carpets and hard floors. The model is light and easy to handle and it is easy to charge the battery for the next use.

Maneuverability
    I love that this vacuum is lightweight and so easy to move around. The benefit of running on battery is that there is no long cord to deal with. It runs great on carpets and hard floors.

Ease of Maintenance
    The vacuum is easy to clean and doesn't clog up with dirt or pet hair. I like that it is easy to charge the battery in between uses and really cleans.

Suction Performance
    I never thought I could get a lot of power from a battery run vacuum, but this one works great. I like that the suction power is strong enough to lift up dirt and works great on pet hair to keep my floors clean.

Versatility
    This vacuum runs great in all rooms of my house. I use it a lot on carpets, but it also works great at cleaning up dirt on hard floors. The battery enables it to run long enough to clean the whole house.

The design is simple and easy to use. I like that it is lightweight and easy to maneuver around the whole house.

This is a high quality vacuum and I haven't had any problems with it. I imagine using this vacuum for a long time to come. I like that it is a great vacuum to buy on a budget and really works.

great light weight vaccum

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum:

awesome product> i bought it for our new house. I wanted to keep it clean without waiting for husband to do it. I hate all good quality ones that we have since they are all heavy and give me an upper body pain. This LINX is so lightweight and easy.

Maneuverability
    I cant use it easily on stairs. Everywhere else, be it hardwoofd floor or carpet, it works great

Ease of Maintenance
    I have had issues sometime after few month, of hair getting entangled and required removal with effort

Suction Performance
    It works great and has an awesome suctin

Versatility
    Being wireless makes it super fun to use aroung house without unplugging and plugging again and again

The color looks great

It works great for at least an year. It does have battery issues after a while. Battery starts dying faster