4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

On our second one!

This is the perfect little vacuum for around the house when you dont need to do a big clean and dont want to get out the big heavy vacuum for smaller cleaning. I also love that it does double duty as a dustbuster if you remove the handle and brush. Our older model is now used outside to clean the cars and works really well out there as well. Is suction and power as good as a full size vacuum, no, but for light dust or quick clean ups before company arrives its perfect, or for hard floor surfaces.

Maneuverability
I find the cord to be long enough for most purposes, sometimes you do have to plug it in in new sockets but its not meant to clean the entire house so its a not a huge issue. It rolls around easily, in the first model the brush was a lot looser and fell out of the vacuum component easily but the second one we bought has fixed that issue and it now stays in place much better when rolling over the floor.

Ease of Maintenance
Bagless and easy to dump out dust canister but filters are still required and need to be changed after a couple months of use. Other than that small extra expense, there is nothing else that requires maintenance.

Suction Performance
Its not great for picking up big messes or larger articles of fluff/food etc. But for dust or dirt it does well. I wouldnt expect anything spectacular in this area as its not meant to be a strong vacuum device.

Versatility
I love that it can be broken down into a dustbuster or used with the handle as a mini vaccum, its like getting two devices for the price of one which is great, and since it plugs in it does not have to be charged up or will not run out of power/strength the way many dustbuster type machines do.

The design for using as a dustbuster and converting to a upright is very good, easy to change over and put back together very quickly when moving between jobs. its small, easy to fit in a closet and I have no complaints about its design.

We have repurchased this and put the older one out in the garage to clean the cars and that older one (maybe 7-8 years old?) is still sturdy enough and retains decent suction to clean up gravel and much harder jobs than it did inside the house, so I'd say these are pretty good long lasting machines!

Good for a quick clean up job.

I hate lugging out the big vacuum every time that I want to just do a quick clean or get the stairs quickly. With that in mind I headed into a store with the hopes if finding a lightweight vacuum that could be used for that.

That was when I found the Bissell feather weight Bagless vacuum. After taking it out of the box. When I got home after purchasing I knew right away that it would at least fit the bill as far as being lightweight goes.

I used it that day in stairs and it did okay, wasn't anything super fabulous but it was pretty good. Now that I've had it for awhile I have decided that it isn't strong enough for a main vacuum at least not in a high traffic area.

I use mine quite often still, not every day but I do use it to clean the stairs and to "quick clean".

As far as the amount of noise it makes, it is relatively quiet. It makes a little noise but is by far quieter than my other full size vacuum.

Because of its small size it is ideal if you don't have much storage space. It doesn't take up much space at all.

Ideally this probably would make the most sense in a low traffic area, a office or somewhere where you had primarily hardwood floors and would use this for the Rugs.

Good for a quick clean up job.

from Florida

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Unreliable

• Carpet
  • Hardwood Floors
  • Pet Hair
  • Stairs
  • Tile Floors

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Good for college students and bachelors.

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is cheap and tiny. You don't expect much from it and it does not disappoint. We have a small one bedroom apartment, with only two carpeted rooms. It pucks up our cat hair and crumbs but it misses other little scraps and threads. It gets very dusty and dirty on the outside. Easy to clean, and I love that we don't have to buy bags. We also use it on the furniture, without the floor attachment. The floor attachment is deceiving because the suction is only occurring in the middle, not the full width of the attachment. It's rubbish in corners and along baseboards. It's loud enough to scare the cats but not loud enough to wake the neighbors. It's not a heap filter so it's going to worsen the air quality in your home for a few hours. And empty the vacuum outside! Dust gets everywhere and it can be gross. If you need a great vacuum, don't get this one. If you have a very small budget, this is fine.

• Versatility:

Good vacuum cleaner. Clean lightly.

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

A good vacuum cleaner that doesn't require you to do a lot of pressure in order to pass it on the floor. Very lightweighted. The wire is short lenghted. Pretty easy to clean the filter.

Maneuverability
Very easy to manipulate when you are passing it on the floor.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to take off the filter and clean it. There is no excuse to not clean the filter because it's super simple to do so. You can place the vacuum cleaner in any place of the house because it's super thin. The wire is short-lengthend which it's a great ease to place the wire around the vacuum cleaner.

Suction Performance
Very good suction performance!

Versatility
Very lightweighted! You can carry it to any place of the house with no problem.

Very cute design.

Designed to last a quite of time.

• Versatility:

Good little vacuum for spot-cleaning small messes.

from Haslett, MI

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

We have this little vacuum at my workplace. It is good for cleaning up crumbs and small bits of paper. It works best for very small areas and berber carpeting with small loops. It does not work very well on carpeting that has long carpet fibers.

Maneuverability
This vacuum doesn't steer very easily. It is best for going forward and backward in straight lines. It is good for a more open floor plan that has few obstacles to maneuver around.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to maintain. - just dump it when it gets full.

Suction Performance
This vacuum is good for cleaning up obvious messes such as crumbs or paper bits, but not good for cleaning deep into the carpeting. It does not perform nearly as well as a regular, full-sized vacuum, but works well for spot-cleaning small messes.

It is designed well and is very easy to use. When used on the right carpeting for the right kind of job, it is perfectly designed.

We have had this vacuum at work for over a year and it still functions just as well as it did when we got it.

Great on Hardwood, Not so Great on Carpet

from Warrenton, VA

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this on sale about a year ago so for the price, it's a great product. I use it everyday since I have a messy toddler who basically lives in our living room and kitchen. It's pretty good on the hardwood floor, as long as you clean out the vacuum before each use. I use it on our carpet too, but only for the bigger pick ups since this will not really pick up much on the carpet. It is OK for a quick cleaning, but if you're looking for a good cleaning, get a real full-size vacuum. On hardwood floors, this will pick up most debris, including leftover cereal or whatever my child would drop as she walks through the house eating. On the carpet, the vacuum will pick up some of the bigger debris, like pieces of bread or crumb. You can tell a difference if the carpet is really dirty or messy, this vacuum is not strong enough for that. But if you need something stronger than a dirt devil hand vac, this is great. This vacuum will pick up the everyday crumbs easily.

• Versatility:

Great For Area Rugs and Hard Flooring!

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is good for hard floors or small area rugs. It will not last for every day use on carpets with high foot traffic.

Maneuverability
Very easy to maneuver and light weight. One of the things I love about this vacuum. It's sleek light weight is easy to move and push.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to maintain and clean. Just rinse dry and go. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to clean. If you are like me and are really picky about how you clean your appliances and cleaning equipment.

Suction Performance
The suction is not as well as I had hoped for. It performs best on hard floors or small thin area rugs. If you need a vacuum for this reason this is your best bet. If you are looking for something that does a high traffic area or is for a thicker carpet I wouldn't suggest purchasing this.

Design is small an cute. Very easy to carry and store. Will fit in the smallest space.

If you are using this everyday for large areas you aren't going to have it long but if you are using it for small areas about twice a week where there isn't high traffic this is the perfect vacuum we have had ours for a while now and it has lasted with what I use it for.

Good for small jobs

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this just because it was on sale and I figured it would be good just to pick up little things instead of dragging my bigger vacuum out all the time. It's extremely lightweight and very easy to store in small places. Because it's so small, you can vacuum in small corners that you normally can't with a larger vacuum. It's a lot quieter too. It's easy to clean and empty as well. However, it doesn't pick up very good. If you just have a few crumbs it will work for that, but that's about it. This vacuum has now become like a toy for my two daughters. They often use this to vacuum with me! They are 4 and 2 years old and it's easy enough for them to use. I usually have to vacuum twice a day anyway and a bigger more powerful vacuum just works better for me. I got my mother the same vacuum for her. It works great for her because she hardly ever has very much to vacuum and a bigger one is too heavy for her lift. It's a great vacuum, but a little useless if you have kids that make big messes!

• Versatility:

Best Sucking Vacuum Ever found to work.

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

This is the best vacuum I ever had used. Works on any floor surface even thick pile carpet. It picks up the thick dog hair that no other vacuum I have found will do such a great job doing. I used this for a cleaning job I do and it impresses even the diehard heavy vacuum fans who would never buy a small vacuum? I have encouraged several sales with this one. You pull the foot off and have a dirt buster mode where you can suck those nasty cob webs out of the corners of the home or business with one suck! The filter cup that serves as the dust collector can be reused up to a hundred times by carefully washing it out each and every time you use it for a large room. I love this vacuum so much that I went and bought another one to use one for home and one for work. There hasn't been anything it does not suck up and it works better in my opinion than any dirt devil pet vacuum out there and I have bought several in my life to find one that will do pet hair! I doubt anyone would hate this lightweight vacuum.

Maneuverability
Stand back and let me go! Is my motto . My one cleaning job the men who hired me once they saw me with this machine they run and hide . I assume they think I'm going to suck them up with it it does such a great job in their opinion!

Ease of Maintenance
Occasionally I wash out the interior body of all dirt so it will work more functionally.

Suction Performance
It will pick up solid steel nails off of the floor without a problem to the stiffest pet hair.

Small and handy

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

Okay first off, this is not a vacuum that is going to work well for your entire house, it isn't gong to pick up massive amounts of large debris..
HOWEVER, this is a great little vacuum to keep handy in your kitchen!
Who wants to lug out the big vacuum everything the kids drop some crumbs?
This is basically a little handvac on a stick.
You can remove the floor attachment and it becomes just that, great for little kitchen mishaps and for small debris like fur or crumbs on the couch.
It is light, portable and bag-less so you can just open it up after you use it and empty the contents into your trash can.

Maneuverability
Very small, fits where a broom would. Easy to move around and use.
Very light.

Ease of Maintenance
Extremely easy, simple to open and remove dust, filter is easy to wipe clean.

Suction Performance
It isn't amazing but works great for small jobs just as it was designed to do.

Versatility
You can use it as a hand vac, or leave on the floor attachment depending on what you want to use it for. Because of this it is very handy for getting into small spaces like in between cupboards and down couch cushions.

I have only owned mine for a few weeks so I cannot accurately describe the lifespan or durability of this vacuum, but so far we haven't had any issues whatsoever and use on a daily basis :)

Average suckage.

Comments about Bissell FeatherWeight Bagless Vacuum:

I didn't pay full retail for this. I got it on sale during a super duper Black Friday event. It functions better as more of a spare vacuum than as a your only source of floor cleanup. One perk is that it does work on both hard floors and carpeted areas. If you have a shaggy or high pile rug, it will not do any deep cleaning. That's a job for the bigger boys.

I use it mostly for my kitchen area, bathroom rugs, and the litterbox area. You can take the bottom part off and use it in between couch cushions and and behind furniture. You have to frequently empty out the canister and I really dislike that the dust can come up into your face. It's not a deluxe vacuum so that's just part of getting what you pay for or what you don't pay for.

I like having this around because I don't have to pull out my giant vacuum every time. It's a decent in between cleaner upper. It fits nicely into the closet too!