4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Small and Mighty!

When I first moved in with family, my cousin brought this little piece of heaven. It was brand new out of the box and purple. I loved it. He and I used it no-stop for about two weeks. He got the mop with it too and it was the same story. Combined with the fact that it was purple, I enjoyed the fact that there were no bags. You could use it over and over and not have to stop to mess with dirty bags and what not. The attachments are the nicest feature. Instead of having to manipulate a two system attachment set up, the main suction at the bottom of the unit is also attached to the attachment setup. When you disengage the bottom portion of the hoseline, it cuts that part off and you can instantly start suction with the hose. It's fast and easy. It is very versatile and unique in it's ability to go back and forth between the upright and the hose. I also like the hard wood floor feature. It allows you to stop the brushes and use the vaccum like a broom to clean hard floor surfaces. I'd reccommend these cleaning tools to any true neat freak.

Shark,the good, the bad, and the ugly!

I have never had a vacuum that I can say meets the criteria for "the good, the bad , and the ugly"like this Shark. My daughter ,who is a teen ,talked me into this bad boy after seeing it on an infomercial. She saw it at TJMaxx and told me it had great reviews ( at that point she failed to mention that it was an infomercial or this gal would have declined to purchase it). Okay, here is the good: it has great suction power; honestly it does. I cannot believe the way it sucks up dog hair. It doesn't scratch our hardwood cherry floors. It is fairly light, but be careful there, the bad is coming. I use this just about everyday (inbetween using a big vac). Okay the bad: yes it is light, but good luck maneuvering it. Wow, what a bizarre shape and weird stuff sticking out all over it. It frequently tips over, and of course, when it does, it is usually on some body part of mine. Listen, vacuuming is BAD enough, do you really want it to be dangerous too??? The cup is small and has to be emptied too frequently. Oh, by the way, it is next to impossible to get the cup off and on. It is me against the machine when I have to take that thing off- it looks like a fight on a Youtube video. Hey, maybe I should post it,it may get me a spot on the Today Show. Also, you really cannot use it on carpets. Sucks the area little carpets right up. Doesn't work on medium pile carpet. Okay, the ugly: Did you LOOK at the picture? Come on now, do you REALLY need me to elaborate? It looks like some type of alien that the government has tried to "conceal" in the past. Hey, when you are this ugly, even the pretty lilac shade can't hide it. What does all this amount to? Well, I should have NOT listened to an infomercial star struck teen and I STILL need a vacuum that is easy to maneuver,light,and picks up dog hair. HELP!!!!!!

Akward but works well.

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

Has many uses and does everything very well. Kind of like the jack of all trades but master of none in the vac category.

Maneuverability
I would have to give this vacs highest ranking to maneuverability. Easy to turn and move into any space, light enough to man handle up stairs and down stairs. The narrower front end means it can fit in smaller tighter places others vacs can't.

Ease of Maintenance
Never had to perform too much maintenance on the vac. Other than emptying the dirt cup it held up great. Emptying it wasn't the hardest thing in the world, but there were quite a few steps to getting the cup out so you could empty it. Could have been thought out a bit better to make it easiery.

Suction Performance
Suction performance on this thing was pretty darn good. You just needed to make sure you cleaned out the filters once about once a month. The suction was better than most up rights i have tried.

Versatility
This thing has plenty of versatility. Hand vac, upright, hard woods, carpet, I would even use it to clean the car.

It has a lot going for it so the design is up there, but changing from one setting to another wasn't always the most intuitive. After a while you learn it though and it becomes easier.

Like most shark products it held up great. In fact we never had an issue with it breaking down. Our only issue was one of the attachements was a tad on the fragile side. But we out grew the vacuum before the vacuum could break on us. In fact as far as I know, 4 years later my buddy is still using this.

• Versatility:

Versitile, dependable machine..LOVE IT!!

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

I love Shark products, and I love this little vacuum! It's great on hardwood floors, comes apart easily to clean the stairs and small area rugs, and is easy to clean. I recommend Shark to all of my friends!

Suction Performance
The small attachment used for cleaning upholstery and stairs seems to have lost some of it's OOMPH, but still works in a pinch.

• Versatility:

Good overall vacuum for solid surface floors

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

My husband got me this vacuum cleaner for Christmas a few years ago and it is still going strong. This vacuum is light weight and easy to maneuver. It swivel's nicely and so far hasn't lost suction. I use it to vacuum up just about everything around my house. I have four cats and two dogs and it does a fabulous job of getting all of the hair off of my solid surface floors. Notice that I say solid surface. This vacuum does not have a brush so it does not do a good job of getting ground in dirt or hair out of carpets. It does okay at getting debris that is setting right on top of carpets out, but other than that, you need a vacuum with rotating brushes for the carpets. As far as the ease of switching to a canister vacuum from a free standing vacuum...I find that the shark is a little bit of a hassle to change to this function. There are too many little pieces to line up to get it to reattach to the handle once you are done using it as a canister.

I love this vacuum.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

This vacuum is so versatile.It cleans fast and the bag is big for the size of the overall vacuum.It doesn't clog easily.It is cheap for how sturdy and well built it is.It's easily portable.Easy to empty and clean out.Small but cleans a lot.It has a great warranty.Five years.Comes with three filters.Someone gave this to me so it wasn't new but it works great even still.It has great suction.Great on a variety of surfaces.It vacuums in small confined spaces more easily because of it's shape.The cord doesn't get tangled easily.It's compact and neat.

Good for me!

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

I purchased this vacuum several years ago. It has never clogged and always has more than enough suction. It is easy to clean and empty. There are "on-board" tools which attach to a hose that is easy to use. The hose has never clogged. This vacuum makes cleaning under my tables a breeze.

Great product!

from Barnesville, GA

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

Nothing can stop a teenager's long hair from wrapping around the axle of a vacuum cleaner, but this one does well in all other categories.

Maneuverability
I like the lightness and ease of movement with this machine. Often, serious power is equated with a heavy machine, but I have been surprised with this one. Corners, edges, steps, etc. are a breeze with this machine.

Ease of Maintenance
I had a little trouble getting the hang of the routine and reassembling, but once I got it - fantastic! I like the absence of bags, and this machine seems cleaner overall.

Suction Performance
For a light machine, this one is great! If the suction starts to wane, it probably needs emptying/cleaning.

Versatility
Using this machine on a hardwood floor is not as effective as I would like, but for my carpet it is wonderful.

Easy to store, doesn't take much room.

I've had this machine for about 5 months and it's held up well with two teenagers, a 3year old and two adults. Takes a licking!

• Versatility:

great suction, light weight and affordable.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

I love it because it is light weight and just as nice as the
Dyson with a better more affordable price. I clean houses for a living and have tried many different vacuum cleaners. Most of them are bulky and heavy and are so cumbersome that you can accidentally bang into the furniture. I do not have that problem with this one. I have Tendinitis from using heavy and bulky sweepers had to get something lighter with more suction. Since I got this one, my arm has started to feel better and I have not been running into the furniture with it because it is so light weight that you have more control over where you want to go with it. The head is small and on a swivel and maneuvers easily around and under furniture instead of tearing it up by running into it which keeps my clients very happy. Since I have been using the
Shark Multi-Vac, I have been telling all of my clients and friends all about it. Clean up is also easy. The canister snaps of quickly and easily empties into the trash. Simply close the canister after emptying and snap it back on. Does not require allot of storage. Fits into any broom closet. I highly recommend this product.

• Versatility:

Great Mulit vac for all uses.

from Garden City, MO

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

This vac can get the job done and is so easy to use. It does a pretty good job on cat and dog hair and an awesome job on regular dirt. It is a great overall vac that can handle multi-level carpet to hard wood floors to linoleum. It is easy to handle and very easy to dump the dirt.

Versatility
Goes from one level carpet to another easily

Kind of ugly looking.

worst ever vacuum

from Ozone Park, NY

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

This vacuum is horrible its like putting a puzzlel together. The main piece that you have to attach to this stick is a real pain in the butt. The stick is so light that it s hard to push cause you have this stick that weighs nothing and the main part of the vacuum is heavy so it makes it hard to pusch, I feel the stick is going to break. DO NOT BUY. I Trashed it!!

• Versatility:

a little pricey, you can find something better given that price.

from Irving, TX

Comments about Shark Multi-Vac:

i got this a while back. and it does the job of cleaning carpets and corners, but it's a little pricey for it's uses. it is huge and a little heavy if you're gonna do a few rooms, and your living area is big.