Other Vacuums:
Models:
20280-01, DC41 Animal Complete, DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum w/ Tool
Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum

Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Carpet (3)
    • Personal (3)

Effective for Homes with Pets

Much better built than the DC25 Animal, still made in Malaysia. While I prefer a dustbag vacuum for homes without pets, the bagless may be best for pet owners. As filters and dustbags need to be changed frequently when you regularly vacuum pet hair (3x or more a week), the bagless option makes it cost effective. The container should be washed after use. Always empty it outside into the garbage can as the contents WILL escape into the air.

Lightweight and easy to move.

Dyson has decent suction and does get up the pet hairs with a few passes.

Good reach on the telescopic wand.

Must dust wipe after each use.

A bit overpriced but it is new (September 2011).

NOTE: I prefer the Miele S7 upright. The dustbag removal is exceptionally cleaner, the suction power significantly greater, the telescopic wand construction quality and 54' reach is amazing. Miele gets lower although I still must use the wand with an attachment to vac under some furniture.

What a waste of money!

My sister has two big dogs. She thought it was worth paying the outrageous price for this Dyson pet vacuum. Let me tell you, it was NOT worth it. I lived with her for two months and the first time she used the vacuum it about made me sick it smelled so terrible like dog. I took it apart and cleaned the filter and every part of the vacuum as well as I could. I let everything dry in the sun. When I used the vacuum myself it STILL smelled. Not as bad, but still disgusting. What is the point in spending this much on a vacuum for it to smell so terrible no one can even be around during it's use? I guess it picks up dirt alright, my cheap bag-less does about as well. It was not that easy to clean all the parts either. Very much not worth the price if you ask me.

Maneuverability
I will admit it glides around well. It is not as hard to push as my regular bag-less and is much more light-weight.

Ease of Maintenance
Not easy to clean and still stinks even after extensive cleaning of filters.

Suction Performance
Picks up as well as other vacuums.

Versatility
Light-weight so it is easy to move from place to place.

Not easy to clean and still stinks after a cleaning.

As far as working it has never broke on me so I guess it is durable.

Very convenient, and we will tell people that comfortably

from Da,Las Cruces,NM

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• comfortable
  • Easy to Use

Cons

• high price

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

Very comfortable and smooth in motion

Dyson is dyanmite!

from Austin, TX

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Heavy

• Pet Hair

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

My husband and I bought the Dyson Animal Vacuum right before our baby was born. We wanted to make sure all the little pieces of 'stuff' and pet dander were completely cleaned up before our baby crawled on the floor. I have been very impressed with the Dyson. Sometimes small pieces of lint are not immediately sucked up, but when it is run across again they are picked up. It is amazing how much cat hair it pulls up. Even when the carpet, rug or couch looks clean it still sucks up a full canister of dander. I would highly recommend to anyone with a pet, or small children.

So worth the money

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Pet Hair
    • Stairs

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I finally purchased this dyson vacuum after much debate and weighing out the price. I have found it to be worth every penny. I had previously used a bag less vacuum and I thought it had great suction. Once I got my dyson and started using it, I found my other vacuum was not great at all. This vacuum is very lightweight and store very easy. I love how compact it becomes when you out the handle down. It is so light. Going up and down stairs are not an issue anymore. After using this vacuum for a month or so my house feels cleaner. I vacuum and yes the canister is full but my house smells better and feels better. I do not have any pets but the previous owner had a dog with dark long hair. Gross! Some of the things I love about my dyson are how lightweight it is, it's very easy to empty the canister, very easy to clean the filters, very easy to store and semi quiet when it runs too. I haven't found much that I don't like about my vacuum. One thing I have found is using the attachments can be a little tricky the first time or too just to figure out how it all works. I would recommend this vacuum to anyone that is looking at buying one. It was worth the money and I hope to enjoy it for a long time to come.

Very Nice Vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I only have 1 problem with this vacuum: the wand is hard to maneuver. Unfortunately, many new vacuums are made this way. In order to use the tools, you pull off the wand which has a stretchy hose. The hose stretches up to 35'. You do, however, have to get accustomed to holding it properly or you will knock the vacuum down. I do not have much of a problem now as I have owned this vacuum for about 1-1/2 years.

Maneuverability
    The vacuum can not go far under furniture like beds, sofas, etc. I use the wand for that. Other than that it moves very easily with a nice swivel type motion.

Ease of Maintenance
    I empy the cup after each vacuum. This way, there is no build up to slow down the suction. If you remember to register online when you make the purchase, Dyson sends email reminders for rinsing the filter. The filter is easy to remove and clean under running water. Then, just air dry and place back into the vacuum.

Suction Performance
    I feel it does a great job. I was amazed at the dust and other matter in the cup after the first use.

Versatility
    I don't have a lot of carpet, but it does quite well on carpet. I love to use it on all my hard floors. Just press a button to stop the beater bar from turning as this could harm hard floors. I also love to use the tools to dust the baseboards and door trims, tops of kitchen cabinets, any flat surfaces.

This is a attractive design. The only improvement here would be the ability to get a little farther under furniture.

I have knocked it over and pulled a bit too hard when using the hose attachments. I feel this is a well made product.

Disappointing

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

This is a good vacuum, but not what I expected for the extraordinary price. I already have a very much older version of the regular Dyson vacuum, but I thought it would be a better vacuum to take care of the extreme amount of dog hair that is always around my house. I was wrong because this new pet hair vacuum works only as well as the older version. It still takes about four swipes of the vacuum to remove every piece of dog hair in the carpet. It also does not have a very large canister so you will have to dump it often. This beats changing costly bags every other day, but it is still a tedious task. This is because some of the dust and hair will always fly up around; it is best to dump outside or dump before you vacuum and leave the contents in until the next time you use the vacuum. Also you will have to wipe off the handles where dust collects every time.

Maneuverability
    It is great for turning around tight turns and low spaces.

Really impressed...

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I was wavering on buying one of these - they just sounded too good to be true!

We have three medium to long haired cats and this means lots of cat hair everywhere. It doesn't matter how many times you brush them it is always everywhere.

We recently found a good deal on this Dyson and decided that we would try it out. And of course, the skeptic here had to see if it was as fantastic as we had heard. First we used our old trusty vacuum and cleaned the floors. Oh my, I was embarrassed to see the dirt and hair pulled from the carpet with the Dyson (I think it was emptied twice).

Can you call me a believer, why yes you can!

There is one thing that I had problems with - the "Instant release wand" is hard to use. I pulled it out as instructed, but had to fight with it (it was trying to squeeze back together the whole time). Which is not something you want to be fighting with while on stairs... Thought it was just me, but my grown Son took over and finally just took the vacuum with him up the steps instead of stretching out the wand the length of the stairs. Maybe it is just "new" and needs to be pulled to be stretched out.

I'm in love!

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I always wanted a Dyson but was hesitant because of the price. I received this vacuum as a gift and will never buy another vacuum brand again!

Maneuverability
    This vacuum is very easy to use on all types of surfaces (e.g., carpet, hard floor). It is very easy to push over even the plushest of carpets. The ball on the vacuum provides with great maneuverability that cannot be matched!

Ease of Maintenance
    I have yet to have any problems with this vacuum with regard to maintenance.

Suction Performance
    Prior to getting this vacuum, I would waste time re-vacuuming my whole house. However, with this vacuum, that is not necessary as it gets the job done the first time.

Versatility
    Although this is a pet vacuum, it would be a great vacuum to have regardless if you own a pet.

I love the design. The removable canister is great and cleans easily. It's also my favorite color, which is an added bonus.

I have yet to have any problems with this vacuum's durability.

I love it!!

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

You will spend more on this vacuum than other brands, but totally worth the price. I have a large dog and a toddler and the dyson dc41 animal is needed in this house.

Maneuverability
    The design makes it so easy to get in almost all areas, and it also has wonderful attachments too. It also has a long cord so great reach.

Ease of Maintenance
    I never had any issues. Cleaning is a breeze. You just empty the canister and clean the filters every so often. Everything is easy to get to.

Suction Performance
    Best suction out of any vacuum I have ever had. My dog sneaks on our sofa when she is home alone, this is the only vacuum I have had that can remove any evidence of he dog being on the sofa. I finally can sit on my sofa and not be covered in dog hairs.

Versatility
    I use it on carpet, tile and furniture. It goes around my whole house.

Again I have no complaints about my Dyson.

Tis vacuum has been used and abused in my house. I use it at least once a day for something so it has proved to be durable to me.

Best Vacuum, EVER

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

This is one of the best household tools I own. (Besides my Keurig, because lets face it, coffee is more fun than cleaning). The suction power is incredible, the ball system makes "Driving" easy, the dump bin is easy to clean and has a filter. I could go on about all the features here, but we'll move on to covering the vacuum more in depth.

Maneuverability
    Dyson talks wonders about the ball, and until you use it, it is hard to believe. It rolls very smoothly on carpet, tile or other hard surfaces. The only times you run into an issue with the ball / carpet end you can use the wand and attachments. I can get into all but the absolute smallest spaces with this thing.

Ease of Maintenance
    My one complaint follows ALL vacuums these days. The roller/sweeper mechanism that pushes junk into the suction area is not easy to clean out if you get hair or other tangle-able objects inside. I have 2 dogs, my wife has very long hair, all of this ends up on the sweeper roller. Which is a major annoyance (and keeps this and any other vacuum from scoring a 10) However, everything else on the animal is a breeze to clean. one button detaches the dust bin from the vacuum and a pressing the same button farther down empties the bin. A simple rinse of the bin and filter once about every 3 months (recommendation of Dyson) is all it needs and its ready to keep on going.

Suction Performance
    I've had quiet a few vacuums over the last few years, and nothing has had more suction power than my Dyson. If you are not careful this thing will suck up just about anything. I've had it consume socks that got in the way, shirts, and just about anything you'd find on a floor. Not a single complaint here.

Versatility
    I can vacuum everywhere. Car? yep there is an available attachment for that, ceiling? check! Edges? Check! Your dog? YES! CHECK! You heard me right there is a special tool for pet grooming to minimize the amount of fur that gets everywhere and this is one of my most used tools having 2 heavy shedding dogs!

Sleek, simple, and easy to use, not much more one could want. More tools in the box would be nice, but over-all the thing is quiet handy as is, and simple to use.

I can't give it a perfect 10 yet, because I haven't used it long enough, however this is the first Vacuum I've ever owned that has lasted our house longer than a year, most blow up after about 8 months or shred belts after 3 needing replacement parts because of the amount of use it gets in our house. The Dyson is over a year old and going strong like the day I unboxed it.

Great product

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

We are been a house with 3 cats and 1 very sheddy lab and this vacuum has been great! Prior to this purchase I had to rake my carpet with an actual rake and then run the vacuum 2-3 times to get most of the fur up. I no longer have to do that...what a time saver! I do vacuum 2-3 times a week to keep up with the fur, especially in spring and summer. I'm not interested in attachments, as I normally run a damp sponge along my baseboards to get the fur up prior to vacuuming.

This vacuum, while not inexpensive, is worth the money. In my opinion. It really does pick up the fur. The canister is easy to empty and I've never had a problem with it. Cord length has not been a concern for me. I'm OK with having to plug and unplug it when I move to different areas of the hose.

Is it noisy...yes. But it is a vacuum and I don't run it when anyone is sleeping. I have read reviews on other sites complaining about the noise, but it has never been a problem for me.

My daughter loves that the vacuum is now purple.

AWESOME