Other Vacuums:
Models:
20280-01, DC41 Animal Complete, DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum w/ Tool
Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum

Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to use (10)
  • Efficient (9)
  • Easy to empty (8)
  • Lightweight (7)
  • Powerful/good suction (7)

• Carpet (10)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (7)
    • Personal (10)

Effective for Homes with Pets

Much better built than the DC25 Animal, still made in Malaysia. While I prefer a dustbag vacuum for homes without pets, the bagless may be best for pet owners. As filters and dustbags need to be changed frequently when you regularly vacuum pet hair (3x or more a week), the bagless option makes it cost effective. The container should be washed after use. Always empty it outside into the garbage can as the contents WILL escape into the air.

Lightweight and easy to move.

Dyson has decent suction and does get up the pet hairs with a few passes.

Good reach on the telescopic wand.

Must dust wipe after each use.

A bit overpriced but it is new (September 2011).

NOTE: I prefer the Miele S7 upright. The dustbag removal is exceptionally cleaner, the suction power significantly greater, the telescopic wand construction quality and 54' reach is amazing. Miele gets lower although I still must use the wand with an attachment to vac under some furniture.

What a waste of money!

My sister has two big dogs. She thought it was worth paying the outrageous price for this Dyson pet vacuum. Let me tell you, it was NOT worth it. I lived with her for two months and the first time she used the vacuum it about made me sick it smelled so terrible like dog. I took it apart and cleaned the filter and every part of the vacuum as well as I could. I let everything dry in the sun. When I used the vacuum myself it STILL smelled. Not as bad, but still disgusting. What is the point in spending this much on a vacuum for it to smell so terrible no one can even be around during it's use? I guess it picks up dirt alright, my cheap bag-less does about as well. It was not that easy to clean all the parts either. Very much not worth the price if you ask me.

Maneuverability
I will admit it glides around well. It is not as hard to push as my regular bag-less and is much more light-weight.

Ease of Maintenance
Not easy to clean and still stinks even after extensive cleaning of filters.

Suction Performance
Picks up as well as other vacuums.

Versatility
Light-weight so it is easy to move from place to place.

Not easy to clean and still stinks after a cleaning.

As far as working it has never broke on me so I guess it is durable.

Fantastic, long lasting vacuum.

from Tennessee

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

We have 2 small dogs and a toddler and this vacuum has been a life saver. Great suction and very easy to empty and clean. The way it's designed makes it easy to clean our stairs, ceiling fans, drapes, etc. We even use it to vacuum the little grates on the back of our TV's. It is a little pricey but we have had it ours for well over 5 years and it is still working great.

Love my Dyson!!

from College Station, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

This Vacuum is so convenient! Light weight and powerful. The attachments are also easy to switch. Would recommend this to anyone.

Perfect Vacuum

from Overland Park, KS

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I just purchased my second dyson animal vacuum. I love how well it works and my first one has lasted a really long time. I have a large dog that sheds a lot and three small children. I use it on carpet as well as hard woods and it picks up everything! While it is an expensive purchase, it's totally worth it!

We're hooked!

from La Crosse, WI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

We took the leap and bought a dyson using credit from returning another vacuum we received as a gift. We are loyal dyson consumers now and probably will never buy another brand of vacuum! This baby SUCKS...in the best way possible! It is amazing to see everything it can capture in the canister after you are done when you aren't even able to visibly see debris/dirt on the floor! It is SO nice to not have to worry about bags or filters and trust it is doing it's job in not just rereleasing dust and dirt in the air. Great investment...very powerful!

I Love Mine!!!

from tx

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Lightweight
          • Long Power Cord
          • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I love my dyson. It picks uo more than my old full size vacuum. I bought mine last year and I had no idea this little vacuum had such power. It's easy to assemble and it's lightweight. If anything gets caught around the brissles it's not a problem, the end that has the encased brissles come right off....and it opens up to you can get the string or whatever is caught there. And to empty it with a push of a button. No belts to ever worry about. And the filter inside the canister is reusable, you jist remove it, rinse it out, and let it air dry. I highly recommend this to anyone. If it can handle my household I know it can yours. I have 4 kids that are constantly dropping things on my carpet.

• Personal

I use my Dyson every day and love it!

from Fort Collins, CO

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
            • Easy to Use
            • Efficient
            • Lightweight
            • Long Power Cord
            • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

We have 2 dogs and 1 cat and carpet throughout the house so it can get pretty hairy around here if I don't vacuum every day. What I love about my Dyson is how much suction is has and how well it gets pet hair out of the carpet, off the couch and anywhere else it ends up. The hose extension is very handy for cleaning hard to reach areas, stairs, etc but you have to be careful not to pull too hard because the vacuum tends to want to tip over. I love that there are no bags to have to change out. The chamber that collects all the crud that get sucked up is easy to remove from the unit and there's a button you press that drops open the bottom for easy emptying into the trash. The whole vacuum is really easy to break down for cleaning and there are no tools needed to do so. I've had several different brand vacuums before getting my Dyson and not even one of them could even compare.

Dyson is a Reliable Vacuum and a Must for Pet Owners

from Lafayette, LA

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
              • Easy to Use
              • Efficient

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

Dyson's Animal Vacuum is great for pet owners who have difficulty finding the right vacuum that will pick up all the pet hair left on carpet or on the stairs. I had a long-haired indoor cat that would shed like crazy. I went through dozens of vacuums that just couldn't handle the pet hair. This vacuum does the best job BY FAR in handling pet hair. This model is pricy, but the quality is definitely top notch. It is a quiet vacuum that really SUCKS! The suction is fantastic. Durability was never an issue with this model. It seemed like the model was not sturdy, but it was. I loved the arm that extends far out, making it easy to clean up and down the stairs without moving the base. The only thing that annoyed me with this model was that it would sometimes topple over. Also, I wish that there was a retractable cord with this model, but there isn't. If you have the extra cash, I would still recommend purchasing a Dyson, which is known for being durable and reliable.

• Personal

Very convenient, and we will tell people that comfortably

from Da,Las Cruces,NM

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• comfortable
                • Easy to Use

Cons

• high price

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

Very comfortable and smooth in motion

Dyson is dyanmite!

from Austin, TX

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
                • Easy to Use
                • Efficient
                • Lightweight

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

My husband and I bought the Dyson Animal Vacuum right before our baby was born. We wanted to make sure all the little pieces of 'stuff' and pet dander were completely cleaned up before our baby crawled on the floor. I have been very impressed with the Dyson. Sometimes small pieces of lint are not immediately sucked up, but when it is run across again they are picked up. It is amazing how much cat hair it pulls up. Even when the carpet, rug or couch looks clean it still sucks up a full canister of dander. I would highly recommend to anyone with a pet, or small children.

So worth the money

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
                • Easy to Use
                • Efficient
                • Lightweight
                • Long Power Cord
                • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum:

I finally purchased this dyson vacuum after much debate and weighing out the price. I have found it to be worth every penny. I had previously used a bag less vacuum and I thought it had great suction. Once I got my dyson and started using it, I found my other vacuum was not great at all. This vacuum is very lightweight and store very easy. I love how compact it becomes when you out the handle down. It is so light. Going up and down stairs are not an issue anymore. After using this vacuum for a month or so my house feels cleaner. I vacuum and yes the canister is full but my house smells better and feels better. I do not have any pets but the previous owner had a dog with dark long hair. Gross! Some of the things I love about my dyson are how lightweight it is, it's very easy to empty the canister, very easy to clean the filters, very easy to store and semi quiet when it runs too. I haven't found much that I don't like about my vacuum. One thing I have found is using the attachments can be a little tricky the first time or too just to figure out how it all works. I would recommend this vacuum to anyone that is looking at buying one. It was worth the money and I hope to enjoy it for a long time to come.