Other Vacuums:
Dyson
08841-01
Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum

Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to empty (3)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Efficient (3)
  • Powerful/good suction (3)

• Carpet (3)
  • Pet hair (3)
    • Personal (3)

The Best Vacuum I Have Ever Used - Dyson DC14 Animal Vacuum

This is the absolute best vacuum I have ever used. It picks up all the fine pet fur off carpets, wood floors, furniture, etc.The attachments are amazing as well. You can clean under furniture as well as clean the drapes and ceilings.With 2 cats and 1 dog in my house this really creates a problem with all the shedding going on, but using this vacuum really cuts down on the amount of fur left everywhere.It is really easy to use and to empty. There are no bags to buy ever. Easy to remove and clean hepa filter.Cuts down on my allergies as well.

Needs Improving Dyson DC14 Animal Vacuum

**As an Executive Housekeeper I am around different vacuums. My staff recently used two of the Dyson DC 14 Animal Vacuums. We were not pleased. Granted I know the vacuum is not a commercial grade cleaner but other non-commercial grade cleaners outlasted both Dyson.
Look at three areas to grade my review
- Expensive and Vacuum parts are hard to find. {Score (2) }
- Dust collection system unsanitary - Dust mites, bacteria, including staph, CMRSA and Allergies can be spread by empting container. {Score (1)}
- Cleaning efficiency- Medium when compared to others on market (non-comercial) {score (2) }

Average 1.67

This vacuum is amazing!!

from Sevierville Tn

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

As a mom of 5 kids I am always cleaning up a mess!!! 5 kids and a dog you can't even begin to imagine the clean up I do daily. This machine has been amazing!!! This is my second Dyson and I love this one a lot more then my first!!! It's easy to use and really easy to clean with!!! If you are looking for a vacuum this is the one that you need!!!

Best One Ever

from Upland, CA USA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

• Hardwood Floors
  • Tile Floors

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

I am a long time Dyson owner and have just added a dog to my family of four adults and two cats. My older Dyson had a problem with the seal where the canister attached. I returned it to the store and quickly got this newer version. Boy am I thrilled! Its suction is amazing and I can't believe how much dirt, pollen, cat and dog hair this vacuum is picking up. I also love that there are no more filters to clean in this model. I do use it on my carpeting, wood floors, and tile and it does a great job on all surfaces. It maneuvers easily and although it is a bit heavy, it moves itself as one vacuums. I also love how the air it pumps back out smells clean where as other vacuums smell like they are putting dust back into the air. I do wish that the width of the head was a bit more narrow because it no longer fits to the right or left of the toilet when I am vacuuming the bathrooms, or between some of my chair legs like previous models.

Worth the Pricetag

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• None so far

• Amazing On Pet Hair
  • Hardwood Floors
  • Stairs
  • Tile Floors

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

My husband and I just recently purchased this Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum. At first I thought that he crazy to want to pay around $400 for a vacuum! But I must admit, he did his homework and really found the very best vacuum!

For starters this baby really sucks! I was amazing at not only everything it was picking up, but how easily it was picking up everything, and how MUCH it was managing to pick up. Our old vacuum never came close to what this Dyson manages to clean up. I feel like it fills an entire canister every time that I use it. Speaking of canisters, it is so easy and clean to empty and clean out! No mess ever! I, for one, am never going back to a bag vacuum again.

This vacuum is also light despite all of its power. It is easy for the average person to lift and move, as well as pushing and pulling across the floor. It is easy to maneuver and guide.

We haven't had it for too long yet, but so far I am loving the sleek design and it is well-made and seems very durable.

Love my Dyson Animal!

from Troy NY

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

Overall I love the Dyson Animal Cyclone Vacuum - the regular stand vaccuum sucks up anything and everything and transitions easily from carpet to hardwood and back again. The powerfulness of the cleaning functions have definitely improved the cleanliness of my home and helped with my family's dust allergies.

However, none of the attachments (stair attachment, couch attachment, etc.) seem to have the same efficacy of the hose by itself or the standing unit. So I end up trying to use the whole big unit on the stairs, which can be a bit cumbersome.

Maneuverability
Dysons are the best for manuverability, the rolling ball technology really is the best on the market.

Ease of Maintenance
I love that the filter is completely washable (I stick it in the dishwasher) and that you don't have to buy new filters all the time!

Suction Performance
Great on the regular vacuuming parts, not great with the attachments.

One of the most durable vacuum cleaners I have every owned.

• Versatility:

Great vaccum, even with pet hair

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

I was worried that this vaccum would not live up to the hype and be worth the expensive price tag. Thankfully there was no need to worry. This vaccum works extremly well and can be used virtually anywhere in the home. It is easy to move around and manuver up and down stairs. It is light weight enough that

Maneuverability
It is very easy to manuver up and down stairs, around corners, into nooks and crannies.

Ease of Maintenance
This vaccum is very easy to maintain, especially in comparison to many other styles and types of vaccums.

Suction Performance
This vaccum sucks! The suction power is fantastic. It picks up everything well including cat litter that our cat manages to kick up when she is leaving her litter box.

Versatility
You can clean a lot of different spaces. I've used it on stairs, on my linolium kitchen floor and regular carpet and it has worked well on all of them. I've also used it on my couch and on rug areas to pick up cat hair and cat litter. It does it all with ease.

This vaccum has a sleek design. It is light weight enough to be easy to use. It is also easy to store when not in use.

worth every penny

from Westminster, MD

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

My husband bought this and initially got me very mad at what he spent for it. After the first use I was hooked on it...If it ever breaks we will put the money out for another one immediately! It picks up everything with little ease. I use it every other day in my house and get a full canister every time--it makes me feel good about my house being clean and free of dog hair.

Maneuverability
This unit is light enough to do all 3 floors of my house easily. I don't have to use a lot of effort to push and pull the vacuum to get my floors done. I even can shift from hardwoods to rung with no problems.

Ease of Maintenance
This is one of the best features. I can get rid of the canister without a mess in my house. I can clean out the inside of the canister without any complications.

Suction Performance
Nothing like it that I have ever owned in the past! I can get into the crevices along the wall edges and furniture. If I need to use the attachments to get into special places I again have no problems. It sometimes provides so much suction I pick up things that any other machine would not pick up unless I was on top of it.

Versatility
It is so versatile in use of any flooring or area in my house. I can go low or high to clean. I even can get around the dog cage and get all the hair that flies out of the cage.

sleek, modern, and looks like it is going to get the job done.

I have had mine for a long time and it is as good as the first day I brought it home.

• Versatility:

Powerful, maneuverable and reliable bag less vacuum

from Plymouth, IN

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

I had heard many positive things about the Dyson brand with the only drawback being it's cost. So when I was looking to replace an ancient Hoover bagged vacuum and had the opportunity to buy a refurbished one I didn't hesitate. I was not disappointed. Assembly was easy, directions were clear, and in a very short time I was amazed at what my old vacuum had failed to clean.

Maneuverability
Very maneuverable on floors - hardwood, vinyl, larger area rugs and carpet. Due to high suction use on throw rugs can be a bit of a challenge. Use on stairs is easy using the built-in extension. Be sure to follow the instructions to keep the vacuum at the foot of the the stairs!

Suction Performance
Does an excellent job of vacuuming pet hair and any other dirt found on the flooring. There is no drop off when the unit gets full so you do need to watch to empty it as directed. I am always amazed at the dirt it pulls out of the carpet.

On board tools do not always stay on board - a minor quibble.

• Versatility:

Amazing and so easy to use

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

I don't even remember how life was before my Dyson. It is the easiest vacuum I've ever used. Every part on it comes apart easily for quick cleaning. My favorite part about the dyson is that it is bag less...you simply pull a latch and the dirt falls right into the trash can.

My husband was too rough on one of the parts and it broke. The replacement part was insanely expensive so we just duct taped it together.

Good Vaccum

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

I was very excited to receive this vacuum as a Christmas gift last year. After watching numerous commercials on various different Dyson vacuums and seeing how the vacuums were getting high praise, I knew this vacuum was the right one for me.

Well I have been using this vacuum for several months now and it does work well with picking up dirt, pet hair and so on but I expected better results. There are times when I feel like the suction isn't as powerful as I had hoped for. After I vacuum there are times where I can still find pet hair and litter on my floor that the vacuum did not pick up.

The vacuum itself is much heavier in weight than what I had expected so it makes pushing the vacuum around a bit of a task. The base of the vacuum is much wider than I would like it to be. It makes getting between smaller spaces to vacuum much harder to do.

The design of this vacuum is well made and is not cheap in quality which I do appreciate. Overall I was expecting much more from this vacuum considering it's a vacuum that is higher in price compared to other vacuums.

Absolutely amazing vacuum.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Dyson DC14 Animal Cyclone Vacuum:

This is my current vacuum and every vacuum that I had before this one pales in comparison. This vacuum was expensive, but after my last cheap one broke down (again), I decided to save my pennies for a good product. I am so glad that I did. The suction on this vacuum is amazing. I took it over to my sister's apartment where the carpet is a little old and we used it to vacuum it after she moved in. You would not believe what we were able to vacuum up that her vacuum missed. This product is worth every penny spent, no matter how expensive it is. It is also very durable. It is a little hard to transport from place to place. I would prefer it to be a little lighter, but I am not one to complain about trivial things. I am going to be sticking with Dyson products in the future and I would definitely recommend this particular vacuum model to anyone who asked me. It is in the top tier of vacuum models in my opinion.