Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

I'm still amazed by my Dyson DC25 every time I use it!

I was excited to find out we could get a special deal on a Dyson vacuum because everyone always told me that Dyson was the best, and now I have to agree!Read complete review

**The Ball Technology**Instead of having 2 wheels in the back, the Dyson Ball DC25 has a big ball!  About the size of a soccer ball, which let's me turn any way without having to go back and forth.  After a bit of practice, I am now able to turn this vacuum all around my house, getting in every corner, with ease.

**Lightweight**The second thing I noticed about this Dyson is how easy it is to carry around.  The clear handle on the front makes it simple for me to take this from room to room with only one hand.

**All Floors**We bought this one because we have one hardwood floor and the rest carpet.  I'm happy to say it works great on every floor in the house!  When entering the kitchen, I press a little button that stops the rollers and the vacuum still sucks everything up just the same.

**No Bags!**Everything gathers in that clear bin so I know exactly when it's full.  The bin snaps off of the vacuum easily so I can empty it directly into the garbage.  I've not had to manually clean the bin yet, so I can tell this will go awhile without needing to be cleaned.

**Internal Hose and Attached Accessories**The top of the vacuum handle snaps open to reveal a wand, attached to a hose.  Two accessories are attached to the vacuum (see picture).  No longer do I have to drag a hose out of the closet when I see something under the couch!  The wand makes it easy to reach all the way under my couch.  I wish the hose was a little more stretchy as it does seem to be tight at times, but I believe you can buy an extra hose to add on to it if you like.

**Bendy and Skinny**Finally, I love how bendy and skinny this Dyson is.  I'm able to bend it almost all the way back to vacuum under my dining table. It even is skinny enough to fit under my dining chairs.  Although I still move the furniture out sometimes to vacuum, I no longer have to move the furniture every time I vacuum.

**I know, it's pricey... but...**You'll love it!  I admit that if we didn't have a huge discount I might still be on the fence about buying this, but now that I have it I think it's totally worth it.  The Dyson Ball DC25 has made vacuuming so much easier.  I still don't enjoy the task, but I'm no longer dreading it.  Enjoy!!

For an animal Vacuum it sure does not pick up animal hair.

I bought the Dyson25 Animal vacuum. My first choice was the Oreck, but my husband liked the Dyson better. It is a ball vacuum and does move around easy, but I have a Siberian Husky, and she has a lot of hair. The problem with the vacuum is that the static electricity in the carpet makes the hair stick to the outside of the vacuum. So you shut the vacuum off and it is covered in as much hair as the dog has. The other problem I have is that the filters need to be cleaned much more frequently than the directions lead you to believe, because of the dog hair. The ball on vacuum is useful except for the fact that it picks up the animal hair also, and becomes covered. It does make the vacuum very easy to maneuvers around furniture. You need to change the speed if you are going from carpet to a hard floor, but it is very easy to do. It is difficult to vacuum steps with the attachments, although it has a telescope arm, it is hard to maneuvers it up the stairs, so a hand held is probably needed. I would recommend the Dyson 25 animal vacuum if you have a pet that does not shed, it does have great pick up power, it is just not meant for a dog with a lot of hair. Which defeats the Animal Vacuum.

Dyson DC 25 cleans up well

from Houston, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Carpet
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Tile Floors

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

The Dyson DC 25 is a bagless vacuum cleaner. It has ball technology that allows the vacuum cleaner to turn easily. It can also work on multiple surfaces.I like this vacuum cleaner. With the ball features, it is very easy to maneuver. It is great at getting up dirt - on my rugs, I can see it actually pulling up the rug with its powerful suction. And it will vacuum up any dirt that is nearby the head. The power brush in the head of the vacuum does a wonderful job at pulling any buried debris out of the carpet. The bin is clear, so it's easy to see when the vacuum is full, though you will not experience any suction loss. To empty the bin, you just push a button. It's quick and simple. Overall, this is a very good vacuum cleaner. I would like it better if the vacuum head was a little longer, so I could get under the furniture better. Also, the telescope reach wand can be a bit awkward to use when vacuuming stairs or the couch. On a scale of one to five stars, I would give the Dyson DC 25 four stars.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Once I Got Used to It

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

This vacuum took me a minute to figure it out. After I did, It was perfect. The fancy Rollerball movement is tremendous for ease of controlling the vacuum with very little effort. The removable cyclone-type catch made it easy to dispose of the treasures off my all-tile floor. The overall suction that the guy on the commercial always talks about is very good. The Dyson seems to suck up most of all the dirt on my floor. The thing that was hard to get used to was the cool removable wand for cleaning corners, blinds and other knooks and crannies. It was difficult to fathom how easy it was to pull out of the vacuum to clean. It just seemed that there would be more to it, but You just pull the handle out of the vacuum and go at it. The vacuum comes with a few extra accessories to help with the wand that are very helpful. Although, it is a tad bit heavy, it is Very easy to clean and store.

Maneuverability
    The Way the rollerball action works really makes moving this vacuum around very easy.

Ease of Maintenance
    The Cyclone_Style Catcher catches everything. Then easily remove and dispose of in trash, then re-attach.

Suction Performance
    It was a little weaker than I expected after watching the commercial, but still very good.

Versatility
    Very simple to use.

Very Cool Looking and usable.

It seems very tough so far.

Love vacuuming now!

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

Love love love this product. I cant emphasize on what a great difference you will find with this vacuum cleaner compared to a cheaper ones that you get in other stores like walmart. I had used brands like dirtdevil, bissel, and eureka. I paid fairly a good amount of money for this, I got mine from Kohls, managed to use coupons to get the best price. Did my math before heading to the stores to get one, I think you can find the best deal during thanksgiving where you get some % off plus top it off with coupons.

It is worth paying for a product that is easy to use, hassle free cleaning, and very easy to manuever due to it's design. I use it on my hard wood floors before steam mopping it. Also works on shaggy rugs and wools without damaging it.

Maneuverability
    It works on every corner of the house, without having to move the furniture away to clean.

Best design ever, most other cleaning product need to catch up with design..

I use it two times in a week and mine is 3 years old. Never had an issue with it.

Flimsy, too expensive.

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I tried the Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors vacuum and wasn't impressed. I actually ended up returning it to the store for a refund, and the salesman told me that this was their most returned vacuum.

Maneuverability
    Maneuverability was okay but not as good as I expected. It's supposed to be smooth maneuvering, but it was jerky and got hung up easily.

Ease of Maintenance
    I didn't keep it long enough to require maintenance.

Suction Performance
    The suction was actually pretty good, better than I expected. You could really feel it working.

Versatility
    I tried this vacuum on hard floors, carpet, baseboards, and around ceilings with the attachments, and it worked pretty well on these, but again for the money I expected it to work a lot better.

The design is fine. The buttons are all in a good place and easy to get to.

This was my main problem with this vacuum. It just seemed flimsy and felt like it would pull itself apart at any minute. I wouldn't have been surprised if parts had fallen off while I was using it. I tried one in the store and thought the same thing but just figured it was because it was a floor model that hadn't been handled very gently.

Fantastic!

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I bought this Dyson when I was still in the Army, and we lived in a small apartment. I always wanted a Dyson, so I decided to spend the big money to buy it. At first I was skeptical because the price of all Dyson's are so high. I loved this vacuum, it worked great, and always got my floors very clean. It was very easy to clean, and dumping the canister is very simple too. This Dyson is rather loud, but it really didn't bother me too much. We lived in a small, one bedroom apartment, so it took a while to actually fill the canister up before we had to empty it. I am sure other people use these in apartments too, however I just felt it was a waste to use this expensive vacuum in such a small space. So I sold it to my neighbors, and they absolutely loved it. All in all, this is a great vacuum for any home, house or apartment. I highly recommend this to anyone, it just wasn't for me in my small apartment.

Maneuverability
    Felt like it was too big for our small apartment.

• Versatility:

A vacuum that won't stiff you.

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I love how portable and easy to use this vacuum is. Not only is it actually pretty adorable (I own the purple model), it cleans very well. It's got great suction on it with fantastic maneuverability.

Maneuverability
    Sometimes, with the ball, you run into a problem when you have to cut a tight corner. With that being the only downside, however, the maneuverability is amazing with this vacuum. It's easy to get around a room in a jiffy, and it's versatile enough to go from floor to floor without a hitch.

Suction Performance
    With a slim vacuum like this - especially one that seemed to be popular simply because of it's design and the famous "ball" - I fully expected for it to be easy to use, but only perform at half standard. Boy was I wrong! This vacuum has all the suction of a larger, more inconvenient vacuum in a nice package. It's easy to clean up messes and pet hair with this vacuum, as it leaves nothing behind.

I absolutely love the design of this vacuum. It's fresh and new, and provides use as well.

One of the best

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

When I married my husband he already owned this vacuum. I only had experience with cheap vacuums and after using this one, I was in vacuum heaven. It is amazing. The way it twists and turns to get every single nook and cranny is awesome. It is light and easy to push. Even our son can easily use it which is great for assigning chores. It's very durable and comes with several attachments. You can clean almost anything with this. I also like that it works on all floors so I can go straight from the living room, to the dining room, and even the kitchen and restroom. I use the long tube to get the corners of the kitchen that my broom can't get. Also to get under the refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher so that dust won't accumulate. It holds a lot. You don't have to dump out it's contents for a long time. I use it every day. It has lasted a long time. I just wish it came in pink. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a vacuum that will work great and last for a long time.

• Versatility:

Excellent vacuum for homes with pets and children

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

The dyson vacuum is the best vacuum i have ever purchased. No fuss with change vacuum bags. The cord is extremely long and easy to maneuver when vacuuming room to room. The vacuum glides smoothly and never have to be forceful when vacuuming. Typically I have a child on my hip while vacuuming and the dyson vacuum makes it easy to vacuum one handed. The canister that collects the dirty is easy to detach from vacuum and dump and reattach. The only slight negative is when detaching hose to get small place sometimes the hose part sticks and is hard to reattach, after trying multiple times it easily attaches. The suction is unbelievable. It picks up an amazing amount of dog hair and dirt. Excellent vacuum.

Maneuverability
    Extremely easy to move and vacuum actually one handed.

Easy to empty canister.

Suction Performance
    It actually grosses me out the amount of dog hair and dirt this vacuum picks up. The suction is unbelievable.

• Versatility:

Great vacuum for the price!

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I love, love LOVE this vacuum! It is lightweight and very easy to carry and use. I’ve had a dyson in the past that I thought was great, but this vacuum clearly out-performs my older model. Dyson has a reputation for quality vacuums, and this model doesn’t disappoint. The cleaning head fits easily under kitchen cabinet’s overhang, swivels nicely and the attachments are easy to use. I love the telescoping feature: it makes it easy to use on stairs, cob-webby ceiling corners and ceiling fans. I also couldn’t believe the amount of dirt that it picked up, even in the rooms that are rarely used. There are no problems emptying the canister, which I have to do frequently because of the amount of dirt and cat fur that it picks up. The only complaint is that the size of the canister seems smaller than I’m used to so maybe part of the frequent emptying is due to an undersized canister. However, that is a small inconvenience for the other perks of this model- will definitely recommend to my friends!

Great maneuverability!

Suction Performance
    This picks up dirt I didn't know was there!

It works okay

Comments about Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

We bought this Dyson all floors vacuum off of a family member who never really used it for half the price to buy it brand new in the store. Well we have hard wood floors throughout the house except the bedrooms, it has carpet. First off I hate to sweep and the idea of using a vacuum that can be used in place of the broom and dust pan was like a dream. I loved the idea. Well I guess I got my hopes up just a little to high. I seemed to be only able to pick up very small things. I couldn't even pick up cheerios that my kids spilled on the kitchen floor. I had to lift the vacuum and directly place it over the cheerio for it to pick it up. I was very disappointed.

Maneuverability
    It was very easy to maneuver around objects.

Ease of Maintenance
    You probably have to empty the container after a few vacuums but it really isn't that hard to clean it up, after you figure out how to empty the contents.

Suction Performance
    Disappointed that I couldn't even pick up a small thing like a cheerio with this vacuum.