Other Vacuums:
17418-01, DC25AN
Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum

• Versatility:

Much better than the cheaper ones that I've had!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the vacuum. I felt a little overwhelmed when I had to start looking for a new vacuum after my old one had died. I've bought two or three cheaper vacuums in the past few years and none of them have lasted. This vacuum has a much longer warranty. Even though it's more expensive now, I think that it will pay for itself in the long run. The cord is WAY short so plan to buy an extension cord. In addition, the hose attachment is also short. When I pulled it trying to reach a corner, it pulled the vacuum into my heels. Ouch! Regardless of the few cons, I would still buy this same vacuum again. I've only had it a week, but it's been fantastic. I also love the way it does the hardwood floors. No more using the little attachment or sweeping! You just turn off the circular brush and start to work.

Dyson not worth the price for me

I bought the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Upright Vacuum because of all the terrific reviews I read.  I had a long-haired dog that shed constantly.  I have owned several other vacuum cleaners in the past (all less expensive) and they just couldn't handle the dog hair.  So I finally broke down and bought the Dyson.  Now I don't really expect much from a vacuum cleaner - just pick up the dirt and the dog hair.  I don't use the attachments much.

For the first three months or so, the Dyson worked fantastic.  The suction was fine.  The canister is a bit small.  I found that I had to empty it quite frequently, but I really didn't think much of it.  I figured it was picking up a bunch of dirt my old vacuum left behind.  The vacuum is heavy, but I didn't find that to be a major problem either.  So far so good and I was quite please with my purchase.  After the first few months though, I found that I had to go over and over certain areas (where the dog slept or frequently walked).  The suction just wasn't working as well as it once did.  As time went on, it just got worse and worse.  All total it lasted about 6 months.  I took it to get repaired, but the repairman recommended that I replace it rather than try to repair it.  He was not a Dyson fan.

Dyson Vacuum Doesn't Disappoint

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient

• Carpet
    • Hardwood Floors
    • Pet Hair

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

After my old vacuum cleaner literally went up in flames, I decided to upgrade my vacuum cleaner. After a lot of research I decided to go with the Dyson DC25 version.

Overall I am very pleased with my decision. I have a large oriental rug in my living room and this vacuum does a really good job of cleaning not only crumbs off the rug, but also dog hair. This vacuum also does a really good job cleaning the dog hair off our hard wood floors.

I also am impressed by how sturdy this vacuum is. My 2 year old has knocked it over a lot of times and it is none the worse for wear.

This vacuum is also really easy to open and dump out, a big improvement over the bag styles I've used in the past.

Overall I think this Dyson vacuum is a good option for easily vacuuming your home.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Great vacuum

from Irvington al

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Carpet
      • Hardwood Floors
      • Pet Hair
      • Stairs
      • Tile Floors

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

I was actually given this vacuum and was quite skeptical at first. I owned other brands and they all just poop out after awhile and quite having the suction I need. Well this one is marvelous! I have had it over a year and the suction is just as good as the very first time I used it! +Easy to clean too! I have weak wrists so I have to have something that isnt havy and runs well.. This vacuum does both! I am ver satisfied with it.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

This Vacuum is Impressive on Many Levels

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

The engineering is phenomenal. Dyson thought of nearly everything when designing this.

Maneuverability
      Takes a little getting used to the unusual way to handle a vacuum....twist of the wrist takes you in any direction. Not so much arm use. Too tall to go under some furniture, but approach from both sides to get all the carpet. Turns on a dime.

Ease of Maintenance
      Pieces click together easily. Empty the tube with a push of a button.

Suction Performance
      More particles than I would have imagined come out. Lifts the pile and makes it look new. Yet, not so strong as to gulp up a rug edge so readily. Less work that way than my old vacuum.

Versatility
      I have the new model that goes on different surfaces, ie, carpet to floor, without losing suction. I cannot do the carpeted stairs with it, or at least I have not found an attachment that works for that area yet.

Even the packaging it came in was so well thought out that I was impressed. Really some great design.

Seems a bit plastic, but they wrote that it is space age composite material so hope it doesn't break. I kind of trust it won't break, as they really did their homework with this thing.

• Versatility:

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum lives up to the hype!

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum lives up to the hype! There is a lot of hype surrounding the Dyson vacuums. It might come from the advertisements that feature the guy with the soft British accent. He makes it seem like this is the greatest vacuum line ever.

Well, I wanted to see how great they are and I have to agree that Dyson really does make some very, very good products. I "test drove" several models and the DC25 Animal Ball seemed best for me.

The ball makes maneuverability really easy. The suction -- Oh my... The suction!! It really has an enormous amount of suction power. We also have a very powerful, giant canister shop back and the Dyson is very close in suction power.

So, it is a great vacuum, but I am not giving it a rating of 10 because I don't think it is such a great value. It was significantly more expensive than other vacuums in its class. It is better, but I just don't know if that much better is worth that much money.

Overall rating -- 9! Great vacuum!

10+ Super sucker!

• Versatility:

Not my favorite vacuum ever

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

I'm a canister kind of gal, I'll admit it. The Dyson Animal does a decent job of vacuuming but, to me, using the attachments is awkward, cumbersome, and irritating. Its wheels have also damaged my "wood-grain" vinyl flooring (by crushing the raised "grain"), so I don't use it on my hardwood as I fear damage to my much more expensive flooring. It works really well on the carpeting we still have in two rooms but, once we rid ourselves of the last of our carpet, I may also rid myself of this vacuum.

Maneuverability
      It turns well but the ball doesn't allow it to go under any furniture that my old canister vacuum could fit under.

Suction Performance
      It is able to raise the nap of my ancient carpeting and it truly does work well in this household of long haired females.

Versatility
      Using the attachments is too awkward. It doesn't come apart easily at all to use the attachments and the vacuum sometimes tips over when I'm using the attachments.

Even though I bought a reconditioned one, it seems to be holding up well.

• Versatility:

Great vacuum if it were half the price

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

I had wanted a Dyson for as long as I could remember and the reviews for the DC25 were consistently positive so I decided to go for it when I found it on a deal. It is a great vacuum, no question about it. I was really impressed with how much it picked up compared to my previous vacuum. But I really am not convinced that it cleans twice as well as other vacuums that I have used that cost half the price. And while it is great on open carpet, and does turn more easily than other vacuums, I still found a lot of places where it doesn't fit. I ended up using it for a year or two and then purchasing another brand, for half the price, that performs at least as well if not better without the headaches that come with a Dyson.

Ease of Maintenance
      The man at the repair shop in town told me that they LOVE Dysons, they break down regularly and the parts to repair them cost about twice as much as parts for other vacuums. In the 14 months that I used mine almost daily I had to bring it in twice for repairs.

Amazing Vacuum!

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

We purchased our Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum when it was on sale since it had been recommended by friends of ours. I was a bit skeptical and quite frankly, I've never really gotten excited about vacuum cleaners before but boy am I a believer!

With our old vacuum, I would vacuum several times a week and change the bag often so I thought it was picking up a lot of the dirt and animal hair (we have a dog and a cat). The first time I used the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball vacuum, I had to empty the collection canister twice in one room since it had picked up so much animal hair, etc.!! I was truly shocked at how much it picked up and how easy it was to just empty the canister rather than deal with the pain of changing the bag. It was so easy to see when it needed to be emptied since it is see through as opposed to having to somewhat guess when the bag needed to be changed with the old vacuum.

This is an investment since it's a bit pricey but in my opinion, it is well worth the price!

Maneuverability
      It turns and maneuvers from carpet to wood floors very easily.

Ease of Maintenance
      So far the only maintenance I have needed is emptying the collection canister but that has been simple.

Suction Performance
      It has great suction and picks up even things that are a bit larger like dog food pieces.

Versatility
      Extremely versatile and can be used on wood, carpet or tile with excellent results on all.

Love the design and the way it swivels and moves.

We haven't needed to do anything except empty the collection canister and it has kept up the suction power and keeps working like a champ!

This vacuum sucks! ;-)

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

One of the best vacuums I've ever used. I'm not sure that the extra money I spent to get the "Animal" was worth it, as the only difference appears to be the color scheme and one attachment tool that is nice, but not worth the price difference (and can't be stored onboard like the others). But it has excellent suction power, and doesn't lose suction at all, even when the removable bin is stuffed to overflowing with dirt and pet hair.

Maneuverability
      The ball is a breeze to maneuver around the room, and especially around obstacles, but because it sits so tall, it isn't as easy to get under furniture, beds for example. It also isn't very suitable for stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
      Perhaps compared to other vacuums, this one is easy to clean out, but it's still tough trying to get clogs out of certain nooks and crannies.

Suction Performance
      The suction is strong and stays strong throughout the vacuuming.

Versatility
      It's suction and maneuverability make it quite suitable for almost all floors in the house.

The ball is a great design, but it makes the main part of the vacuum taller than most, and so it's limited when it's time to go under a bed, for example. It can also be bulky and unwieldy for projects like stairwells.

Cleaning up after three kids and four dogs, I haven't exactly babied mine, and it still performs like a champ.

Powerful but Heavy

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

I always wanted a Dyson Animal and when I got mine I loved how powerful it is, but not how heavy it is. I have hard floors and carpet and it does well for both. But, I also have stairs and bringing it upstairs is a challenge since it is so heavy. I had to buy another smaller vacuum for my upstairs. It is also kinda hard to vacuum my stairs with the hose as it is not long enough. I have to vacuum half of them, then drag the vacuum upstairs and vacuum the other half.

But, I love my Dyson!

Maneuverability
      It is a bit big to get in small areas or under things but maneuvers nicely. For floors it is good, but for the stairs kinda a pain.

Ease of Maintenance
      A bit of a pain to clean. To many parts to take apart and clean.

Suction Performance
      Love how much power and suction it has. I have dogs, and the suction is above any other vacuum I have ever had.

Versatility
      Not the easiest vacuum I have had for versatility.

Like I said above, it could be a bit smaller and lighter.

My Dyson has taken a beating and it holds up to anything I throw it's way.

Dyson Animal Ball

Comments about Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. It picks up everything. The carpet is noticeably fluffier after being vacuumed and the hardwood looks great. It's easy to get under the table and around corners. I like that all the attachments have a place to go right on the vacuum, so I don't have to go searching for them when I need them.

Ease of Maintenance
      The filters must be cleaned regularly which is kind of a pain, they are easy to get in and out, but take at least a day in the sun to dry out all the way before they can be put back in and used.

Suction Performance
      This thing will pick up anything. We have a bulldog that sheds like crazy, and it does an amazing job picking up all the tiny white hairs that flood my house.

Great! We've had this vacuum for about 5 years and it is still going strong. The hose did crack once right after we got it, but I attribute that to my husband stretching it WAY too far, and we called customer service and they sent a replacement for free, no problem.