Other Vacuums:
20271-01, DC35 Digital Slim
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum

Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum

Lots of room for improvement

The Bottom Line: This Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum DC35 Digital Slim is quite frankly really overpriced for a battery operated vacuum. The suction power is very disappointing on thicker carpet, and the battery runs out entirely too quickly. A good concept overall, but there is lots of room for improvement.

I received this vacuum as a gift last Christmas, and I thought it would be the best vacuum ever, but after using it for a few days, I decided to return it, as I did not feel it was worth the money. If the battery power gets improved as well as the suction power on thicker carpet, than I may consider it again, but it does need quite a bit of improvement.

Maneuverability
The best part of this vacuum is how light and easy to maneuver it is. This vacuum is great for people who, given they have the budget for it, cannot lift heavy things or have back problems. The light weight is probably the best feature of this vacuum, and because of it, it is extremely easy to maneuver it around furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
If you have dogs with long hair, you will most likely find yourself constantly pulling the hair out of the brush head, and unfortunately, that is something that cannot be avoided. The washable filter is very convenient and easy to maintain.

Suction Performance
The suction power is average at best on carpet, and much better on hard surfaces. The fact that it only lasts about 15 minutes , and only 6 minutes on Max Power, means that you really cannot use this to clean your entire house, and at this price point, I really need a vacuum that can work longer than 15 minutes.

Versatility
I was very disappointed in how little use I got out of this vacuum, and felt I could only really use it on hard surfaces because of the lack of suction power on thicker carpet.

The fact that you have to keep the button depressed at all times while in use can get a bit annoying. I wish there were just an off and on button. It also does not stand on its own and you have to lay it against a wall or lay it down on the floor whenever you are not actively using it.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

I'm sorry. Even after reading the other reviews, I'm just not impressed. Maybe I just expect two much from a vacuum. However, I own a cleaning business, so it takes a bit for a vacuum to impress me. It takes far longer than 8 minutes for me to vacuum my own home, and 8 minutes is as long as I've been able to get it to run on a full charge.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is extremely easy to maneuver. It gets into nooks and crannies quite well. It is difficult for me, however, to hold down the button that turns it on and keep it held down the whole time I'm vacuuming. It seems it would be easier to just have an on/off button, rather than have to be pushing the trigger the whole time.

Ease of Maintenance
No problems with maintenance issues so far. Be careful, though. If you accidently drop it and cause the filter protector to fall off, it was very hard (for me, at least) to get it back on properly. I thought it would break before I got the sides snapped back on.

Suction Performance
I was not at all impressed with this vacuum's ability to clean away sand - a big negative, since I live in a beach community. It did very well with dog fur, however.

Versatility
It will remove surface dirt only from carpets, and ONLY carpets that are not plush in any way.

I hate having to hold down the trigger the whole time I am using it.

It does not appear that durability is going to be an issue; however, I do not plan on keeping this vacuum much longer.

Quality Vacuum Cleaner

from Nashville, TN

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Good Value
  • Lightweight

• Daily Use
    • Weekly Use

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

I recently purchased this cleaner when I moved. I did not have heavy duty carpets so I felt this would be sufficient and I was correct. I am more than satisfied with this vacuum cleaner because it has allowed me to use one cleaner for all of the floors in my house. It does a great job of picking up all of the dirt from my floors, and it even gets the little stuff that the other cleaners leave behind. The vacuum was very affordable to repurchase, and it really cleans the floors. It is lightweight and very easy to use. I love the fact that can use it quickly before i am expecting company. This machine is versatile, compact, and really knows how to pick up a mess. I love this cleaner!

• My Beauty Routine Takes:
    • 30 Minutes

Great vacuum

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

• Hardwood Floors
      • Stairs
      • Tile Floors

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

I absolutely love this vacuum. I use it every single day, multiple times a day. I have three children aged five and under and it is a lifesaver and without a doubt a timesaver. I actually have this hanging up in a corner of my kitchen by our table where we eat all of our meals. All three of my kids are constantly dropping foods and craft supplies on the floor and I used to HATE having to get out my old broom and dustpan multiple times a day. With this vacuum I just grab it and it's so fast and quick to clean up I don't dread cleaning up. The small attachments that come with it are amazing for cleaning. In all honesty I take it outside to the car to use on my kids car seats and in between them where stuff gets dropped constantly. The only down side is I wish it had more of a battery life after charging it. Since I use it so much I feel like I am constantly plugging it in and when I need it, it's always charging. I have all hardwood floors so I need a little bit more time to get them all swept. Other than that this vacuum is amazing and I can never go back.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Lots of room for improvement

• Versatility:

The best vacuum I ever owned!!

from Floral Park, NY

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

I absolutely love this vacuum. It picks up everything. The fact that its cordless lets me vacuum my whole apartment without stopping to change the plug location. I am amazed how much animal hair it picks up. I don't necessarily see it but the filter bin is always filled with it. A little on the expensive side but absolutely worth every penny.

I can't figure out how to keep the machine on without holding in the button. My hand does get tired from holding in the button to work the vacuum.

• Versatility:

Best Lightweight Vacuum in the World!

from Lake Forest, CA

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

This vacuum is so light and yet so powerful. Great for use on stairs and hallways because it is so light, and other tight places a traditional vacuum can't get to. Battery life is good - not great but will last for at least 15 minutes. great for families with pets who shed a lot, as it just grabs a hold of it and puts it in the cup where you can discard with ease.

Affordable and Effective

from NA

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum cleaner six months back when my previous vacuum cleaner stopped working. During the rainy season and with children in the house who keep running in the house, it becomes difficult to clean the house as dirt keeps accumulating in all places and I needed to clean the house regularly and removing fallen hair from the ground is a pain for me as the hair gets stuck in areas where most cleaners cannot reach. This vacuum cleaner from Dyson helped my job to be completed within 20 minutes without bending a lot.
      The product can clean even wet areas but you need to be very careful while using it. This product from Dyson has a 22.2V Lithium-ion battery and a detachable wand which can clean almost all places whether high or low and even the carpets. The product has a 2 years warranty on the parts and is a durable product. The price is good and this product is a reliable brand.

Handy Vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

I spent several months debating whether or not to get this vacuum. I finally found got it when a big box store offered a pretty good gift card offer when you purchased it. I've been thrilled ever since. It was easy to put together and it came fully charged (even though it recommend charging for several hours before using it). This isn't used as a whole house vacuum, but rather a use it every day to spruce up a room or two. It also works great to clean up the kitty litter on a daily basis so it doesn't get out of control.

Maneuverability
      Easy to get under the toe kick of the kitchen cabinet and maneuver around large items that I don't want to move every time I vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
      Make sure you empty the can every day after using. This keeps the can clear and you don't have to stick you hands in it later on to clean out.

Suction Performance
      I use the Max feature for kitty litter so it sucks it up a little quicker/less passes. I use the normal setting for everything else and it works just as good as the big version.

Some people complain about the warm air that comes out the top of the machine and can hit you in the face. If you hold the machine so its not pointed at your face, this isn't a problem. The can is a bit small, but it works perfect for small jobs. Just get used to emptying it every time you use it.

No problems after almost a year.

Good for small messes

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

It works to vacuum hard floors in a hurry. Not good for carpet. Picks up dirt, dust and pet hair fairly good. The head stops spinning at times and you will have to pay attention to what you are doing and make sure it's spinning or it won't pick anything up. It is good for vacuuming cars and small spaces with the attachments. I like that it's lightweight but don't like that I have to pull the trigger at all times. Would be better if there was an on off switch.

• Versatility:

Didn't live up to my expectations

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

It does its job- most if the time. But it isn't great at picking up larger objects off the ground. For the price and the hype, I expected more. Good for small living area and for touch ups without having to drag the huge vacuum out. It picks up dust and small items just fine but if there's a piece of paper bigger than a penny, I have to go over it multiple times to pick it up and sometimes I just end up picking things off the floor instead. There's always a lot of stuff in the canister after I've used it, so it's definitely picking dirt and dust off the floor though.

Convenient

from Temecula, CA

Comments about Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi-Floor Cordless Vacuum:

This vacuum is convenient and lightweight; however the battery life is short. It lasts about 10 minutes on the regular mode, and about 6 on high power mode. It picks up general debris but definitely not Cheerios or anything like that.charging takes awhile (about 3 hours) and you can't use it plugged in. This can be annoying if you don't have the docking station set up.