Other Detergents:
Downy
Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener

Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Effective (3)
  • Great scent (3)

• Laundry room (3)

Bring back this product!

Works like a pro..

The scent is the absolute best. Very calming and reassuring/relaxing scent. Please bring this product back. I do not use fabric softeners on my clothig....but I washed all my bedding with this product. Using a little more than called for because the scent was so awesome. I used both the fabric softener and dryer sheets on all bedding in my household.

A Dismal Let-Down

I had always wanted to try Downy's **Simple Pleasures** fabric softener(s), but just did not really have the chance nor the courage to actually pick up one of the bottles and see how it would go. Just in case I did or did not like the product, I purchased the smallest size available - a 52-load bottle of the Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener. I really liked the sweet, nutty spice of the vanilla blended perfectly with the heady bouquet of lavender...in the bottle. But the actual performance of this product was extremely disappointing for me, since I really liked the way this stuff smelled.

The biggest issue for me is that, no matter how much or how little of the softener I use, my clothes don't hold the smell, at all. In fact, it literally disappears in the washing machine, making me wonder if it is me or is it the softener itself? I have tried everything I could think of, adding it to the beginning of the wash with my detergent, the final rinse, and adding an extra rinse before adding the fabric softener. And still, no scent. Nothing. Not even with the dryer sheets did I get a definite aroma of what I had fallen in love with when I had initially unscrewed that pretty opalescent gray cap, sniffed, and smiled because it was just so darn lovely and soothing.

Softening is so-so - compared to the regular line of Downy products, this doesn't get your clothes to that 'soft, fluffy, and airy' feel that I enjoy when I take my clothes out of the dryer, especially with towels. Without softener, my towels come out hard, stiff, and limp - but with a good fabric softener, they feel like cashmere and are thick and light-weight, perfect to snuggle into after a nice, hot shower. While my clothes were soft, they just weren't as soft as I have known Downy to soften my clothes. And this disheartened me a little bit.

Maybe I purchased a bad product, maybe it was my laundry detergent. Maybe it was even me. But, from what I have experienced, **Downy's Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla** fabric softener was a good try, but ultimately, the ball never really went out of the park. It has the most wonderful, soothing, and ultimately delicious scents I have smelled in a fabric softener to date (the vanilla accord makes me think of a bakery shop), but for the price and mainly the brand, this was not what I had expected it to be. In fact, this seemed to be a dud compared to the regular Downy. And I honestly want to enjoy this product, but just can't. So, from now on, whenever I need to escape to my fields of glowing mauve lavender, with clear blue skies and little stone cottages...I'll try another brand...

Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender

from Wyoming Michigan

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Home

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I really like the lavender scent.It makes my laundry soft and makes it smell so good.I like useing on your clothes sheets jackets pillows anything you can but in your washer.Its the best on i use.

Smells and Works Great

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Great Scent

• Cleaning

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

The Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender and Vanilla Fabric Softener is one of my new favorites. I have only bought Downy products a few times in the past, as I usually purchase other brands, but I had a coupon so I picked up the Downy fabric softener in the Lavender and Vanilla scent. First off, the scent is incredible, it smells more of lavender than it does of vanilla, but it is very pleasant and not too overpowering. This does leave a scent in the clothes, so that is something to keep in mind if you or someone in your household is not a fan of the scent, but it is very subtle. Not only is the scent awesome, but so is the product, this makes my clothes so soft, even more so than some of the other brands that I had been using in the past. I would highly recommend this Downy fabric softener and I would definitely recommend this scent as well. If you are looking to try out a new fabric softener, I think this would be a great choice!

Absolutely love it

from TN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I love to try new laundry detergents and fabric softeners. I finally decided to try this Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener. At first I was not sure that I would like it because I am not a big fan of the vanilla scent, but I do love lavender. After using this fabric softener on my clothes I honestly was still not a fan of the scent. It was something that I kept smelling on me throughout the day and it was just a weird smell to be on my clothes. However when I used this fabric softener on my blankets and sheets I was in love! It is by far my favorite fabric softener to use on my blankets! It is such a subtle, calming scent that really soothed me at nighttime. I would absolutely use this again on my bedding, but never again on my clothes. This fabric softener does a good at getting my clothing and bedding really soft too. I love that my clothes did not have a ton of static on them like some other cheaper fabric softeners leave on them. I would recommend this fabric softener to others because it really does it's job well.

Downy does it!!

from Edina, MN

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I love the Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender and Vanilla Fabric Softener. It adds so much to your washes and makes it a more pleasurable everyday chore. This softener has the best scent ever. Lavender and vainilla are super soft and relaxing aromas so I like to add this to the washes of pijamas, towels, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, etc. It is a very relaxing and calming scent to go to sleep with and it is soft, so its not an overpowering smell. A small amount goes a long way and adds just the right amount concentration for the aroma. The bottle it comes in is neat and attractive too. I am impressed with all the great products Downy has brought out. They are always in the top and they have a great deal of variety in their products. There is something for everyones needs and likes.

Great! Adds that extra umph to you washes!

Scent is smooth, soft, relaxing and stress reliever.

Bring back this product!

Works like a pro..

My go-to fabric softener!

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I have been using this product for years and have never been disappointed in it. I typically use it only when I wash my bedding and sheets and it always does a good job. It makes my sheets feel smooth and leaves a scent behind that is very relaxing. It makes me excited to go to bed at night. The lavender and vanilla scents combine together to make a perfect scent that is not too strong nor overpowering. It lasts for quite a while and definitely up until I wash my bedding and sheets again which I do on a regular basis. The scent would also be delicate enough for those who are sensitive. Overall I will say that I am very pleased with this product. I honestly do not know what I would do if they were to discontinue this so lets just hope they do not do so! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone that is searching for a fabric softener to add into their routine.

Heavenly!

Downy lavender and vanilla fabric softener

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

Downy fabric softener is one of the best one's out and this is just great. The smell is absolutely amazing and makes my whole upstairs smell like lavender and vanilla when I am doing laundry. I love how soft and fluffy all my laundry gets when I use this and I have noticed that they have less static cling. Everything I wash with this fabric softener comes out smelling amazing and feeling amazing.

It does exactly what it is supposed to, make your laundry soft and smell amazing. I love using this with towels and blankets the most since those items tend to get flat and stiff with use. They always come out of the wash super soft and fluffy and the smell stays with them for quite some time.

This product has just the right combination of lavender and vanilla. It is not strong or overpowering, just the right amount of scent that really stays with the laundry and makes them smell nice and fresh.

Love it

from TN

another great fabric softner

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I love scented fabric softeners. The Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener was a real delight.

It made my clothes smooth and soft, while keeping them smelling great all day. Some of my tshirts that were starting to feel rough felt like silk after using the fabric softener on them.

Not only that but the scent was wonderful. It was floral scented lavender with soft accents of vanilla.

it even got rid of the static cling and lint that was stuck to my clothes.

The Downy made my clothes smell amazing all day. It really softened up a lot of my clothes that were starting to feel rough and dry. Even after putting my clothes in the dryer they were still extremely soft.

I usually buy fabric softeners because of their scents. I picked up the lavender and vanilla Downy for it's scent alone. It has an amazingly pleasant floral scent with notes of vanilla. I wish it had more of the vanilla scent. The main scent of this is the lavender. It's not overpowering, but it leaves my clothes smelling sweet and floral all day. I usually like using a floral scents perfume to go along with the fabric softener so that the scents aren't clashing. I would buy this again because I thoroughly enjoyed the scent.

Love it!

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Fabric Softener:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender and Vanilla Fabric Softener and I absolutely just love it. First and foremost the scent of this fabric softener is one of the best I have ever smelled. It is a wonderful very relaxing scent. When I use this on my clothes the scent definitely uplifts my mood. This is a feel good scented fabric softener. This is a liquid fabric softener so you add it when you wash the clothes. Another good thing is that no matter what I am washing this fabric softener gets out all of the static electricity and makes my clothes and towels extra soft. The price of this Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender and Vanilla Fabric Softener is a little more expensive than some others but it is well worth it to me. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family. I absolutely found nothing wrong with this product.