Other Dog Healths:

Doggles Pet Sunscreen

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

It's important to remember to protect our dogs' skin too!

I had never heard of sunscreen for dogs until I went out on my friend's shrimp boat with my white dog.  He had his pit bull, Sassafrass, with him, and I had brought my mixed breed, Lil Bit.  Both are white dogs, and Sassy has a pink nose, while Lil Bit's is black.  Lil Bit has had her share of skin issues over the years (food and flea allergies, hot spots, etc), but I wasn't aware that dogs could sunburn also.  After watching my friend apply sunscreen to Sassy, I also applied some to Lil Bit.  Because of her allergies, I was a little worried it would irritate her and set off a frenzy of scratching and biting at her fur, but this never was not a problem.  The sun's rays were very bright bouncing off the water, and we spent hours out on Lake Pontchartrain, but neither dog exhibited any signs of sunburn that day.  I plan to continue to use Doggles Pet Sunscreen whenever I take my dog out on the water or for extended days in the sun.

Doggles Pet Sunscreen Is A JOKE!!!

I put this product on my dog for a day at the park with my child and i thought it was a great idea. I used to use human sunscreen but it always turned out to be so messy. while i was at the park i noticed my dog start to itch uncontrollably, when i checked his skin it was breaking out and he started to develope a horrible rash. i also noticed a strong bacon smell coming from him. IT WAS THE SUNBLOCK!!! it mixed with his normal senct and made him smell like a pork product. My son kept on trying to taste him, it was so embarressing. when i got home i washed my dog off only to notice that it left a horrible rash on his skin, not to mention took a layer of it off. i would not recomend this product to my worst enemy. By all means use it if you hate you K-9 friend. STAY AWAY from this joke product that does more harm then good or you and man's best friend will be sorry you ever used it.

Great for vacations!

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

My family goes on vacation to the beach every spring break and I always take my dog with. I used to use the lotion sunscreen on him but it was messy and such a hassle. I saw this product at my local pet store and thought it was such an excellent idea! This product is very easy to use, it eliminates all the mess of using a lotion and it is very quick to apply. Also, my dog does not mind having this applied to him. With actual lotions he would not wanna sit through me rubbing it on him, but this is so quick and easy that he does not mind. I purchased this for the first time a couple years back, and I am still using it when we go on vacations. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a dog!

Quality of Ingredients
I'm not sure what all of the ingredients in this product are, but they work wonderfully to keep my dog protected from the sun!

Side Effects
This keeps my dog from getting sunburned when we on long walks or vacation.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Side Effects:

Both of my dogs hated it!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

About two years ago, I was in search of a sunscreen that was safe for my dogs to use. At my local pet supermarket, I found Doggles pet sunscreen. I was elated to have finally found a pet-safe sunscreen after searching for one for so long. I had planned on bringing my dogs to the beach the following weekend, so I thought this would be perfect to protect my dogs from getting sunburned. I could not have been more wrong. Both of my dogs hated it, and they even cried when I sprayed the sunscreen on them. As if that incident alone was not enough, one of my dogs ended up getting a rash from this product. I truly would not recommend this to anyone. It just is not worth it.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients obviously is not very good if both of my dogs could not stand being sprayed with this sunscreen.

Side Effects
One of my dogs got a rash from this sunscreen, so I am sure a lot of other dogs probably have to.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Wouldn't recommend this.

from Kansas

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

I don't recommend Doggles Pet Sunscreen. I thought my dog was going to scratch his skin off! It's easier and cheaper to stick with human sunscreen since it's fine to use on dogs. Plus normal sunscreen doesn't irritate my dogs skin like the Doggles Pet Sunscreen did.

For the longest time I never even thought about protecting my dog from sun since he had fur. Then I finally heard about applying sunscreen to them and I had a "Well duh!" moment. I usually just used normal sunscreen on him, but it was kind of messy. I saw this product and thought it looked like a great idea. It is good in theory but this particular product is just bad.

Soon after applying this to my dog I noticed he was scratching quite a bit. Then he just started freaking out. I took him home to wash the product off of him. It's a little difficult washing a dog who is flopping around and trying to scratch himself. Even after bathing him he continued to scratch himself for a while but not to the extent it was prior to the bath. This product just did NOT work with my dogs skin.

I don't recommend this product mainly due to it really irritated my dogs skin.

• Side Effects:

Perfect for protecting your dog!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

I am a very active person during the summer and my German Sheppard goes everywhere with my family. Whether it is to the beach, the park, or out on the boat for a day of sun and fun. I noticed that my dog's nose was getting pinker and pinker every time we got home from a long day in the sun as usually we stay out for about 6 hours a day on the boat. I was hesitant to use human sunscreen simply because I did not know if it would be safe for my buddy so after much hunting I found this at my local pet store. I decided it couldn't hurt to try and was glad to see there was a safe alternative to human sunscreen for my pet. This works like a champ! I put it on his nose and rubbed it into his skin beneath his heavy coat to make sure that he wouldn't burn there either. A delightful side effect is that it has made his fur coat even more shiny than it was before! Now he is not only protected from the sun but his coat looks brilliant! Thank you Doggless Pet Sunscreen!

Quality of Ingredients
It works so the quality must be up there!

Side Effects
The only side effect is that it makes his coat shinier and that is a bonus more than a side effect!

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Side Effects:

If you have an adventurous dog DEFINITLY use Doggles.

from Conway, SC

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

I am a owner of two small indoor dogs. Both of my dogs have very little fur to protect them and I was always using my sunscreen on them. Its was always messy and left them oily.And one of my dogs always tried to lick the sunscreen off of him. I did not think that with all the chemicals in human sunscreen, it couldn't be good for him. After we went on any outdoor Adventures with our dogs we would immediately have to bathe them because our pampered pets sleep in the bed with us.I was searching online one day for another less messy alternative and I found Doggles Pet Sunscreen. Since using this product my bed is less messy and my dog who loves to lick himself can do so without me worrying that he may be harming himself. I have only been using Doggles Sunscreen for a couple of weeks now but my family and I ABSOLUTELY love it. It is easy to apply and our dogs don't fight us to apply it. All we have to do is simply spray it on and off we go for a nice day outside. We live in the South, so we have been using this product almost everyday we have had off. I would recommend this product to any pet lover that has a pet with sensitive skin but still loves the outdoors. And I haven't met a dog yet that doesn't.

no to doggles

from Oak Ridge, PA

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

i purchased this product hoping i would no longer have to deal with the mess of regular sun screen bur not only was there still a mess, it didnt do anything for my pup besides make him rather itchy. This sun screen ruined my day! I had to leave the dog park and come home to bath the dog right in the middle of the day it was embarassing people probably thought he had fleas the way he was itching so franticaly. i will most deffinetly not ever use this product again and i suggest you dont either for your dogs well being and your convinience!

Doggles Pet Sunscreen Is A JOKE!!!

from White Lake, MI

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

Doggles Pet Sunscreen is great!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

Doggles Pet Sunscreen is a really wonderful product. My dogs and I live in Florida and several of them love to go swimming at the lake or in the ocean. They love playing in the sun, but I've always worried about the damage that their skin would be getting. I almost always sun burn when I'm outside for just a few minutes, and my dogs are outside much longer than that. Naturally, I was concerned. Then I talked to my vet about this and she suggested that I try Doggles Pet Sunscreen. I was surprised by the cost, it's actually rather cheap, which I was no expecting. It was also very easy to apply to all my dogs, and they didn't seem to mind it at all. It did a great job producting their skin, and I know longer have to worry about them getting sunburned, or even worse, skin cancer. It keeps my dogs healthy, which is wonderful, and I think everyone dog owner should try this product on their dog.

Only sunscreen I trust on my dog

from Hanover, MD

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

We forget how important it is to protect are dogs skin. This is a great product that I put on my dog because it keeps my dog healthy. This is very easy to put one which is great for dogs that don't listen all the time. It isn't greasy so they can still get on your furniture after you put it on and nothing will happen. Keeps them looking skiny and ready to go outside. The only thing I would have to say is bad about this product is that it is expensive but anything to keep my dog healthy and happy. It also does come in a small bottle so it doesnt last that long but I think that it is the best one on the market because it doesnt make dogs greasy. I would recommend this to anybody that has a dog big or small. Just by putting this product on your dog that takes a few minutes protects them from so much and keeps them with you longer, so I would buy this product if you have a dog so you can protect them just like you do to yourself before you go out in the sun.

Keep that nose cold and wet!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Doggles Pet Sunscreen:

Absolutely love this product! I was hesitant to use human sun screen on my dog's nose because he would obviously consume it since he licks his nose all the time, so this was the perfect alternative! He didn't seem to mind it one bit and wasn't stuck licking his nose over and over from the smell. We were out all day in the sun and when we got home, his nose was perfectly moist and wasn't dry on the edges like it normally is after a long day out in the sun. I definitely recommend this product to anyone with dogs..especially all the swimmers out there! We always make sure to keep ourselves protected from the sun, but protecting your dog is just as important. The price is cheap and it is easily accesable so it's not like with some speciality dog products where you have to order it offline and wait for it to come in the mail..and pay shipping..etc etc. I hope this product works out for everyone else as much as it has worked out for us!