3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

featherlite/feather right my back knows what i'd choose tonight

Years ago i needed a vacuum for my place down the jersey shore,due to the extra ordinary amount of sand tracked on the rugs i needed a machine that really sucked [no pun intended]...also since we were only down on weekends we dident want to spend a lot of money.since we also cleaned right before we went home we wanted a lightweight machine  that manuvered easily.in the royal dirt devilwe got all three and more.  A couple of years ago we  sold the place and brought the vacuum home . We had a much more expensive vacuum and did not think the dirt devil would be no more than a back up.EUR EKA  MY WIFE SAID WHEN SHE USED THE DIRT DEVIL ON THE ENTIRE DOWN STAIRS..It picked up as good and even better than the eureka on pain in the neck dog hair.plus no hauling the other monster up and down the stairs.. it is permenantly on the first floor while the other is left  up stairs.the bag is really easy to change  and so is the belt even though it last as long as most other's.. when we bought the eureka we tested it against the oreck and other high priced vacumms it compared favorably  but the dirt devil did as well with less effort easyer on my back and  much much much easyer onmy pocket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as far as i am concerned  its the best machine for the money..also attchments work great and store on the machine perfectly

An OK Vacuum Cleaner

Review for the "Dirt Devil Featherlite, Model M085570". I wish that I could have tried this vacuum before purchasing it.  The vacuum claims to be "featherlite" but is rather difficult to push, especially on thicker carpeting. I have large area rugs that aren't very thick, but still it seems like I have to really push to get it to move. It says that it takes type "U" bags, but when I buy the generic, non-Dirt Devil brand type "U" bags, they don't fit correctly and are too loose. In addition to them being too loose, it is difficult to change the bags on this vacuum, as you have to push the new bag onto a hard plastic area, (which is really just a short circular area, with a slightly longer top ledge), and there is no way to get any leverage to make sure that the bag is secure, even if you get the Dirt Devil brand.One of the advertized "benefits" of this machine is the "Automatic Height Adjust", which is supposed to raise or lower the vacuum according to your carpet type. I have not seen this actually occur. Ever. I tried this on several different types of carpet, even on hardwood and linoleum, and it seems to make no difference. It seems to pick up dirt based on the dirt type, rather than the carpet type. I have two cats, and this machine does pick up the cat hair- after treating my carpet with special cat-hair remover and going over it twice. It doesn't seem to be a suction problem, more of a brush problem. To be fair, my current carpet is very dense, so perhaps this makes the hair stick better. I'm not sure.This model also has a very bright light, which supposedly is to enable you to see the dirt that you need to vacuum up. This light doesn't actually enable you to see anything, as the placement of the light is in the front of the vacuum only when it is in the full upright, locked position. When you release the lock to actually use the vacuum, the light is conveniently shining directly upwards, into your unsuspecting and soon-to-be unseeing eyes. Mine is now covered with tape so that I can use it without being blinded. Another design flaw is the large, super-sensitive power button, which is really more like a foot-pedal, and placed strategically next to the power cord, so that if you are not paying close attention, the powercord grazes the Power-Pedal and turns it off when you least expect it. This happened to me 3 times before I realized that it was NOT an excessive amount of power being used that was tripping my circuit breaker. Yes, I reset the entire breaker because of that stupid cord. Three times.On the plus side, this machine does come with all the standard attachments, which work well. To date, I have had no issues with the hose or any of the attachments. I do like that the bottom of the hose actually twists/locks into place, so there is no chance of it coming loose and making me reattach it. In addition, I have so far not had to replace the belt at all. It still works like it did when I got it. It could be better, but then again, I could have to deal with a broom instead. I can't say that I would recommend this vacuum. Spend a little bit more and get your money's worth!

This is a great vacuum for the price you pay.

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

This vacuum has pretty decent suction for being a bagged vacuum, and does a great job at cleaning almost any dry messes and is also great for your every day vacuum. This vacuum is made to be a primary vacuum and does a great job when it comes to what this vacuum is built to do, but other than that it is not good for doing very much at all. Overall I would give this vacuum a seven because it lacks performance in a couple categories.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is not the easiest to manuver or carry from place to place because of the fact that it is a full size clunky vacuum, and there is no swivel steering or power drive.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is a bagged vacuum which means that you put out money every time you empty it out, which is more often than you would think.
There is two more maintainence issues this is every month you will need to replace the belt or it will break, and the brushes get tangles up with hair so easily it is unreal.

Suction Performance
This vacuum has pretty decent suction up until the bag is about half full then the suction power decreases dramatically.

Versatility
This vacuum does not come with enough tools to make cleaning of the home as easy as it should be, and it is very hard to use on stairs.

Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum M085590

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

This is my second Dirt Devil. I use this in addition to my Dyson because it's easy to use in the garage, family room and being an upright bagged vacuum, I don't have to mess with the cleaning of the thing like the Dyson. It's just remove and replace the bag.

Maneuverability
It's not as easy to maneuver as my Dyson but for the garage and family room it's perfect. I don't need to get so low under things and really sharp turns are not an issue.

Ease of Maintenance
As of yet I haven't had to replace a belt or anything. Just a routing of changing the bags when they get full. They hold a lot more than you would think and they're a lot let messy than a baggless vacuum.

Suction Performance
No, it's not as powerful as the Dyson by a long shot but it picks up the dust and everything I expect it to.

Versatility
I like the upright design because I've always had one. It's not the most versatile vacuum but it's alright.

The nice thing about this is the weight. It's so light and pushing it is a breeze. I have had canister vacuums that I pulled and this is nicer.

My last Dirt Devil lasted twelve years and I hope and expect this one to last that long as well.

• Versatility:

This is a good vacuum! Has worked very well for us.

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

This really has been a pretty good vacuum for us. It is very easy to use and it isn't too heavy or bulky. I will have to say that the price was right because most of the other vacuums are more expensive. It has done a good job picking up most dirt & small rocks on the carpet. Of course if you want to have a miracle product then I guess you would have to spend a lot more money. The only bad thing is that the bags are getting kind of expensive and hard to find. I guess eventually we will have to look around and purchase a new vacuum but I would certainly consider another Dirt Devil.

Maneuverability
I would have to say that it is so easy to push around the room and it is fairly lightweight. I wouldn't be able to use one that is too heavy anyway.

Ease of Maintenance
The maintenance is fairly easy. We just change the bag before it gets too full and try to keep the vacuum clean on the outside by wiping the dust off occasionally.

Suction Performance
The suction performance has worked well and serves it purpose.

Versatility
It is fairly versatile,you can use it as a regular vacuum and then you can add the attachments to use it on upholstery of the furniture.

The design is pretty basic,but it looks fine and does serve the purpose.

It has been very durable and sturdy,it has served us well for quite a while.

Okay vacuum.

from florida, USA

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum for my elderly grandmother since her current one was way too heavy for her to use. This vacuum was significantly lighter and boasted to have great suction power, which she desperately needed with four cats. After using it for a while, the suction power started to decline, even though I went to her house regularly to switch out the bag and clean out any trapped cat hair. Overall, this vacuum was a great "you get what you pay for" example.

Maneuverability
Although this vacuum is lightweight, it can still be hard to maneuver because of the fixed wheels. Since I bought it for my elderly grandmother, I was a bit disappointed in the lack of agility.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is pretty easy to maintain, although annoying. Just switch out the bag when it's full and detach the hose to make sure it's not clogged. It's kind of a hassle, but if you don't it then the vacuum will cease to work at all.

Suction Performance
Suction performance declined to about 75% after a couple months, but no more since.

Versatility
This vacuum comes with a few attachments to help with versatility.

Although lightweight, the design does not allow it to be very maneuverable. The amount of cleaning needed to prevent clogging is a major design flaw.

Not worth the trouble

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

If you are looking to somewhat clean an area for the most part, then this is the vacuum for you. However, if you are looking to spotlessly clean your carpet floors or surfaces, I would suggest looking elsewhere for a more reliable product. This Dirt Devil vacuum does roughly get the job done, but it lacks what the more expensive models and brands have. In using this vacuum, it takes several times for the vacuum to pick up a piece of trash or some dirt that is on the surface of the floor. At times, I have found that small particles even seem to become lodged in the bottom, thus clogging the vacuum. I find that it takes around twice the amount of time to clean an area that would take another model or brand to clean. Therefore, I suggest spending just a little more money to save yourself the inevitable hassle in order to get a vacuum that functions properly in maintaining a clean home.

• Versatility:

Not a Dyson, but does the job in a good way!

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

Picks up very well even though it's not a bagless device. Using the hose for those hard to get corners is easy and again, picks up very well I must say. It's kind of small and feels like a toy, but easy to use and the suction is strong on my carpet, picks up everything. I'd recommend this product to those who canot afford the more expensive brands. The Dirt Devil always gets the job done.

Maneuverability
easy to maneuver with no problems

What a Great Little Vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

With the exception of two bedrooms, I have tile flooring throughout my house. About six months ago, the Dirt Devil Canister Vac that I had for many years no longer worked. I loved having the tools on board and the great job this vacuum did in my floor. When I was desperately shopping for a replacement vacuum, I found the Featherlite on sale for a very good price. I couldn't pass the deal and I was amazed when I used this vacuum for the first time. I live in Florida and always have sand tracked in my house. I was blown away by the great job this lightweight vacuum did if picking up EVERYTHING from the tile floor. Then, the real test came when I used the Featherlite on the bedroom carpets. It did a wonderful job on my medium pile carpeting. It was great picking up dog hair, which my golden retriever always leaves behind. With the onboard tools, cleaning up furniture is a breeze and the light weight portability makes it wonderful.

Maneuverability
Lightweight, easy to use in corners and on furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to empty and keep clean

Suction Performance
Even picks up grains of sand from tile floors.

Versatility
Great for us on furniture and hard to reach places, like ceiling fans.

Very lightweight and easy to handle

Durable body

good vacuum clogs easily

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum because it was affordable and Dirt Devil is a name that has been around for a while, so I felt relatively good about buying it. I am pleased with the way it vacuums my carpets, I don't find leftover dog hair or debris on the ground, however, I do have a lab mix dog that sheds a lot and the Dirt Devil Feather lite clogs up Very easily with her fur. I have had to clean the whole hose out several times now. my advise is that if you have animals and buy this vacumm plan in changing the bag every five- six times you use it, as dog hair fills it quickly.

Maneuverability
it is pretty good at maneuvering, but the cord is too short in my opinion.

Ease of Maintenance
it is a little messy to change the bag and clogs up easily with pet hair

Suction Performance
the attachment for cleaning furniture is not very strong suction wise

Versatility
I can 't use this to vacuum up my tile floors as it is not close enough to the ground

it works fairly well in vacuuming, however it is very loud, more so then other vacuums I think

I have used it for six months so far

• Versatility:

Excellent vacuum and very low price

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

I bought a Dirt Devil upright vacuum on sale for about 59 and have been more than pleased. The vacuum has a bag which is great because I do not want to empty vacuum canisters. I know buying bags can be an added expense and an inconvenient trip to the store but I would much rather just throw the bag away. This vacuum has plenty of power and I use it to vacuum carpet, area rugs, vinyl, ceramic and stone tile, wood floors and steps. Other jobs that come to mind are; windows it has enough power to get into the crevices around the frames. I have also used it on drapery and to get pet hair off furniture.I also use it to vacuum my car because it has a hose attachment and a very long cord which comes in very handy. I have also used it to clean the dryer as it has I had never had an upright vaccum before this one and have been impressed. It is not heavy and is easy to push over different surfaces and it does pick everything without any extra work. So excellent vacuum for a great low price.

• Versatility:

Great Product at a great price

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Vacuum:

I live in an apartment where we had a new carpet. The new carpets "shed" in the first few days. The hand sweeper didn't do the job, so I needed a vacuum. After checking out the reviews & it had one of the best overall ratings so I bought one. The box arrived quickly and assembly was quicker. Instructions were easy and clear.

It works great - powerful suctions & convenient to use.Like the light and the extra hook on the handle so you can loop your power cord there and avoid running over it allthetime. The noise is a little loud. Overall, it is good! You will be too if you're looking for an inexpensive top quality vac.

Important aspects of the vacuum

1) Easy to assemble -- less than ten minutes
2) Lightest vacuum I have ever used -- highly recommend to people with back problems
3) Quiet, as far as vacuums go
4) Great suction; everyone at our house has long hair (myself, husband, son, and two dogs)
5) Cord is decent length

Ity is cheap vacuum It has incredible suction, in fact it has sucked up almost each and every thing It has never gotten clogged. I had a different brand cheap vacuum I ended up throwing in the trash, it clogged up constantly. I can't say enough good things about this. I would prefer the cord was a little longer, that's my only complaint. I would buy this again without a doubt. it is so light and easy to use.

The sucking power is excellent, and it has handy little tools to clean your ceiling and corners. The only small downside is the noise level. Don't expect to hear your phone/doorbell if this thing is on!

he suction is intense on this thing. It did a great job on both hard surfaces and rug, and you can see the dirt *fly* into the hose attachment.