Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Dial
Models:
2725, DIAL405100
Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties)

Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties)

Pros

Cons

Kids love it!

I have a licensed childcare in my home, and I care for seven school aged children.  Last winter when the H1N1 flu was going around I took some extra precautions and started to purchase some antibacterial hand soaps.  I normally don't like antibacterial products because I feel they are contributing to super germs (like the over use of antibiotics), but I did not want the Swine Flu!

The Dial Complete Foaming Hand Soap was on sale at a great price, so I bought it on a whim.  My daycare children really liked the way this foamed out as they pushed the pump down, and I loved it because it didn't leave as much of a mess on my sink and counters!

When I used a typical liquid hand soap, the kids were always getting it on the skin and counter, and when I went to clean them the soap was hard to remove.  With the Dial product, all we have is a white foam, which doesn't cause a big problem if it gets dripped onto my surfaces.

This has the "original" scent, but it simply has a soap smell, no special fragrances added, and that is fine with me.  It claims to kill 99.99% of germs, but of course that is if it is used properly.  Based on what I have witnessed watching the kids (age 5-10) wash their hands, they can use a lesson or two in hand washing.  Because they like washing with this foam (and it is hard to pump out too much!), hand washing is more fun.  If it's more fun, they will want to do it more often.  Good things!

To conclude, I really like this soap, not only because it kills germs, but because it is much easier to clean up after seven kids have washed their hands!

Kills germs and helps us stay healthy during the cold and flu season

Mild soap like scent, nothing artificial smelling

I Don't Love This Stuff- Incredible Shrinking Hands!

I know that everyone says you are supposed to have anti-bacterial soaps for any number of marketing contrived reasons, but to be honest with you, I am not impressed.

Many...Read complete review

Many offices that I have been to use Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand Soap in them. It is nice to have a foam to use instead of a dripping pump, but the feeling of my hands after using is so awful, I just hate the thought of pressing that pump. Having said that, however, I must say that it is more gentle than SOME foaming soaps which leave my hands in such bad shape I would rather not wash them.

*Ingredients*

*Active Ingredient: Triclosan (0.46%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Pca, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquatermium-10, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 3 (Ci 42053), Yellow 10 (Ci 47005)*

These foaming soaps do clean the hands, and they also are much lighter than the liquid soaps. They strip my hands though and I really don't like that at all. It frustrates me. When I am out in a doctor or dentist's office, I don't always remember to bring my hand cream. Sometimes my hands feel so tight after using this foaming pump that I feel very uncomfortable not applying hand moisturizer of some sort. I hate having to go through a whole day like that, especially in the winter. I rarely have anything very intense on my hands that needs to be washed, so I can not comment on how heavy of a situation can be battled on the hands with this soap.

I especially like the pear scent. It is very fruity and refreshing to use. I have only used the regular and the pear so far. I prefer the pear.

I find myself using more than one or two pumps of the product.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

This hand soap brand is a bit thin in their foaming variety. The foam is watered down and not very thick. It comes out okay but I have to use several pumps to really get the effect I desire. I will occasionally buy this for my kitchen because it has antibacterial agents in it. It usually has triclosan in it which kills germs on contact. I need the germ fighting when I am cooking raw meats in my kitchen.

Sometimes I use my hand soap to lather up a paper towel and wipe down my kitchen surfaces. This works just as well as using bleach or spraying an aerosol disinfectant.

My only real complaint with this and foaming handsoap in general is that I use too many pumps. The back of the bottle of dial says you just pump a single pump in your hand and wash for 20-30 seconds. I have to use at least three pumps to get enough product for it to even feel right on my hands.

I do notice these hand soaps dry my hands out if I use them too often. I try to only use them when I need extra germ fighting like after handling raw meat. Otherwise, I just rinse my hands with warm to hot water.

Dial does make some good soaps but I think I'll stick with their traditional pump soap that isn't foaming.

It works and I feel clean but I think the foam causes me to use more product faster.

The smells are fine. They smell floral and citrusy.

Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand Wash

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I love to try different brands of bar soap, liquid soap and foaming soap so I have tried a fair few in my time. I was initially sold on this particular brand of foaming soap because of it's antibacterial properties. My two sons are not frequent visitors to the bathroom but on the odd occasion they can remember where we left the bathroom, I want them to do a good job washing and scrubbing their hands. The antibacterial agent doesn't just cleanse their hands, it stripes them of almost all known viruses and germs. The second reason I was thrilled with my purchase of Dial Complete Foaming Hand Wash, was due to the ready-foaming liquid soap. My youngest son suffers from dry skin and eczema and with some soaps, struggles to completely wash off the soapy residue on his hands and this does nothing to help his dry, itchy skin. With Dial, it is not only quick to produce bubbles and a good lather, but it is easy and quick to wash off. It doesn't have the strongest of fragrances and for that reason, is not a particuarly girlie soap - my husband loves it. If I had to be critical, it is slightly more expensive than other brands and as my kids like using it for the novelty of the foam, we do get through a fair amount of it. It is so good though and I will always had a bottle beside my kitchen sink.

Great hand soap!

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I have bought Dial foaming antibacterial hand soap a couple times before. I love the foaming hand soap! Unlike the liquid hand soap, this foaming hand soap is mess free. I have two small kids and by the time they get done washing their hands, my bathroom counter is all sticky and soapy. I got tired of cleaning my bathroom counter every day, that I switched to buying the foaming hand soap. I have been using foam only hand soap for about two months now and I never have the problem with a messy bathroom counter! The last time I bought and used Dial complete foaming antibacterial hand soap was about a few weeks ago. The dial foaming hand soap does not dry out my hands like some liquid hand soaps did in the past. I love the fact that this hand soap not only washes my hands, but also kills the germs. Being a mom I worry about my kids getting sick. Younger children tend to not wash their hands thoroughly as older kids or adults do. So having a antibacterial hand soap in the bathroom for them to wash their hands with was a fantastic idea.

A good soap, but it dries out my hands a little.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I usually really like Dial products and really, this product is no different. The only two issues I have with this product is that it is a little expensive for what is basically a little bit of regular hand soap mixed with water and that it dries out my hands. I really like the scents that Dial offers in their hand soaps, which is why I continue to use them. I would really like it if they would lower the price on them, otherwise, I may start buying the regular hand soap from Dial and making my own foaming hand soap. Also, I wish they would put some aloe or another moisturizing element in their soaps so my hands do not suffer as much. All of that being said, I like having them out in guest bathrooms and in the kitchen, because I know that Dial soaps are well known for getting rid of germs and bacteria. Dial is a product that I would recommend, but the foaming soaps do need a bit of improving if the company really wants me to keep using them.

good soap, you go through it quickly

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I like the Dial brand of soaps. I have always had good luck with them in the past apart from the bar soaps, but that is more a problem with my skin than with the actual soap itself. I have very dry and sensitive skin, and I found that this soap was gentle enough not to irritate my skin. It also didn't completely strip my hands of moisture like some other hand soaps have a tendency to do with how often I have to wash my hands.
The one thing I both like and dislike about this soap is the foaming pump feature. It is convenient to come out in a lather ready to go, and it makes my kids more willing to wash their hands because they think it's fun. What I don't like about that is I feel we go through this soap faster than traditional hand soaps and so it's not as cost effective when we need to purchase it more often. Maybe this is because it's a liquid instead of being more creamy, but I would prefer if the same ounce bottle of foaming soap was used up at the same rate as it's creamy counterpart. Although as long as my kids wash their hands I shouldn't be complaining.

A lightweight foam hand soap that kills germs

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I really like the Dial foaming antibacterial hand soap, it has an easy to use pump. The foam has a light, pleasant texture that makes it easy to rinse off. I liked all of the scents especially the power berries one has a smell of cranberries and other unique berries. They have many other different scents but this berry one is my favorite. I love how the scent of this hand soap isn't so overpowering. It makes my hands really soft after and makes my hands feel really clean. Its very lightweight so it doesn't dry out my hands. I like how its not so heavy and its safe to use everyday because its gentle. My hands feel a lot smoother, I love how this hand soap kills 99% of germs and its doctors recommended. My son always has fun with this soap because the foam makes him anxious to always want to wash his hands. I feel confident using this foaming hand soap because my hands feel healthy and clean. Its removes all the dirt and germs from my fingers.

A great antibacterial hand soap!

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

The dial brand is a common name in our household when it comes to soaps. The introduction of Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial was great. I love the foaming action and this soap does not dry out my skin. It does not have a alcohol smell like some antibacterial soaps either. Great product.

I love this product!

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

Dial antibacterial soap is a very good soap for killing bacteria and leaving my hands silky smooth. It also smells good for being just regular antibacterial foam! I have always purchased dial hand soap for years and plan to keep purchasing. It is also affordable and lasts a long time in our household!

A favorite hand soap

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

My mom has been using this variety of Dial hand soap for a long time. Whenever I go over to her house, I enjoy lathering up and feeling the total clean of my hands. I love that it is antibacterial so I don't have to worry about any extra germs I pick up while out and about. I plan to pick up a bottle or two for my house as well. I have a three year old who attends preschool and loves to get dirty, both in and out of the house. This soap would be perfect for him. I prefer that the hand soaps that he use be foaming like this one, so that he will make less of a mess (emphasis on LESS). :) I also only want him to be using antibacterial soaps because I would not want to know how many and what kinds of germs he picks up throughout the day. This is a great hand soap for those who want a trustworthy, hardworking brand.

Thoroughly cleans hands and santizes them!

I like the scent, but it is nothing special in my opinion.

One of the best products you can have in your home!

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Dial Complete Foaming Antibacterial Hand (All varieties):

I love Dial's antibacterial soaps, I have at least 3 of them in the house at all times--one in each bathroom, and one in the kitchen. I love all the different handsoaps that dial offers, but the foaming ones are my favorite product. They come in many different varieties, there is a scent for everyone no matter what your tastes are. I always but the kind that has antibacterial written on the front, just to be sure. My husband has a lowered immune system and we need to keep everything extremely clean in our house and make sure we aren't exposing him to anything that could cause him to get ill. This product helps me feel reassured that all us in the household are keeping our hands and clean as possible. Its very inexpensive overall, you can usually pick it up for about 2.99, less if you go to Walmart. I love the creamy foamy lather that you get when you use the foaming soaps. It cleans your hands and leaves them with a fresh clean scent, its not sticky or gummy and washes off very easily. A great inexpensive product if you are worried about germs!

They offer many different scents, they're all great!