3.1

Pros

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:

Went off without a hitch ~

I haven't flown **Delta Airlines** since I was a kid.  For some reason I've always leaned toward the Houston based Continental Airlines.  This time it was **Delta** who had the greater deal and I booked a trip to the Atlanta area about 2 months ago when the airfares were quite low.

I got nervous as my trip approached because of the new baggage rates and hearing that there were no snacks on board some carriers.  Being the prepared person that I try to be, somehow I managed to pack all of my clothes/shoes into a carry-on, duffle-bag type suitcase and I also had a shoulder strap bag with my magazines, meds, makeup.  I mainly opted to carry on my bags *not because of the new baggage rates* but more because I was worried that my stuff would get lost at the Atlanta airport, which has happened several times....

As my trip approached I learned that **Delta** does not charge you for your first bag.  Yay!!  Well I was already packed and I didn't want to chance the bag getting lost at the airport so I stuck with my carry-on duffle bag.  I said my prayers the night before and the morning of my trip - I wanted a smooth experience.  My prayers came true and **Delta Airlines **gets the stars.

**Delta Airlines** baggage rules:

1st suitcase = free, 2nd suitcase = $25, 3rd/4th suitcase = $80 ea, and so on.

**Delta Airlines** carry-on rules:

Free = 1 carry-on (must not be larger than 45-inches total, meaning length + width + depth) ***and*** 1 personal bag (purse, computer bag, back pack, diaper bag, etc.)

And we got snacks!!!  We were served a drink and a choice of cheese crackers, cinnamon cookies or peanuts.  The flight was about 1 hour and 45 minutes so that would be about right.  Plus, in my fear of no snacks for me and the kids, I packed pretzels and Russell Stovers sugar free chocolates....and empty water bottles which we filled up after we went through security.

I can say that the flight attendants were courteous and it was a smooth and pleasant experience.

Thumbs up for **Delta Airlines**~

Ask me why you should never fly Delta airlines?

I recently traveled to Florida on a business trip.  On the way home I flew Delta airlines and received the worst customer service ever.

The plane was held on...Read complete review

The plane was held on the run way by the air traffic controllers for 2 hours.  I missed my connecting flight. When I asked the counter person what I was to do; I was told that they would not put me up in a hotel or give me vouchers for food. (Ironically they gave the two women ahead of me hotel and food vouchers.)

I arrived at the next destination of my flight at 1:30 am. Laurguardia airport. A ticket agent told me that to catch my 7:30 am flight I would have to go to the United Airlines Terminal. My luggage was obviously not available. (It was still in Ohio) so I did not have access to my winter coat or flat shoes. I was still dress in business attire. I waited outside for a shuttle to bring me to the terminal in 30 degree weather at 2:30 am.  At 4:30 I was allowed to stand in line for my ticket information (because Delta had booked me with a different airline to get to Vermont I had to get tickets from that airline.  When I arrived at the counter I was told that I did not have a reservation with United. I immediately called the 800 for Delta.  The person on the other end of the phone told me I did have a reservation with United and eventually hung up on me. I decided to go over to Delta and speak to someone face to face. When I arrive at Delta I had to wait 30 minutes in line because it was already busy.  When I got to the counter I started to explain my dilema. The ticket agent grabbed the iteneray out of my had looked at it, flung it back at me and said that I was United Airline problem now. She did not look at me; she did not pull my name up to see my status.

Just as I was about to explode a nice gentleman told me that USAirways was the only flight he knew of that flew to Vermont in the morning. He directed me to them.

A few days after this event; I contacted Delta customer service. I was only offered a small gesture voucher.  I told them they could keep their gesture and I would find everyway possible to tell this story.

Unjustified cancellations, no assistance

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Got stranded in LGA due to made-up "weather reasons" on June 19 (weather was fine and planes still taking off at my flight's scheduled time of 15:30). 90-minute line in 90° heat (no AA) to get to an agent. Delta employees at the terminal barely speak English. Rude employee reschedules my flight for Tuesday morning, uses "weather" lie to deny me an hotel. Delta employees won't even provide a phone or any facilities to book an hotel. I'm on my own, with my last cellphone battery find a nasty, overpriced hotel that I have to pay for myself (as well as taxi to/from hotels, meals, etc.). Now I find out that, despite fine weather on Tuesday, Delta delayed my flight yet again to the early afternoon, to the same time I have scheduled a consulting telecon.

Don't fly Delta. I would have got home way earlier and more comfortably if I had driven the 500 miles to my destination. And without having to deal with rude morons.

TWO DAY DELAY AND NOW NO PILOTS?!!,

from Minnesota

Comments about Delta Airlines:

TWO DAY DELAY AND NOW NO PILOT AVAILABLE On my recent flight Delta could not email flight confirmations even though I called back three times. However on returning I received a "Thank you for flying with us" email. Two days ago my girlfriend was coming to see me. I paid for an upgrade to first class. The flight was cancelled due to weather. Ok, that's not their fault. They told her they could not get her on a flight later that day not could they get her on a flight the next day. She had to settle for a 6:00 am flight two days later. She is now at the airport. They've delayed the flight until 9:48 because THEY HAVE NO PILOT AVAILABLE!!

Nonstop to utah

from Montclair, nj

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Used to have more avaiable non stop flights. Reliable and consistant though.

Unreliable Service

from montreal, quebec

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I recently travelled from new orleans to montreal through delta airlines. i was misinformed in my ticket details about the flight departure time by 2 hours . i was not informed that the flight timing has been changed and is leaving early.it was super panicking situation for me and i was 3 months pregnant and had the worst experience ever .me and my husband had to rush and requested driver to drive fast. i will never ever recommend to travel from delta.

Terrible Airline

from Orlando

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Although my flight was booked 3 months in advance with a 1 hour layover in Atlanta, Delta changed the itinerary to leave me with a 4 hour layover and a significantly delayed arrival at my final destination. On the return trip home, I was on time, but their plane was not. By the time I arrived (once again in Atlanta) there were only seven minutes to catch a connecting flight. I sprinted through the airport to arrive 3 minutes short. The answer from the sarcastic Delta representative... They may be able to place me on standby for a flight leaving in a few hours, but I should probably start checking out hotels. Nice! For a $34 billion dollar airlines that employs 80,000 people, I am wholly disappointed with their poor logistical planning and lack of professionalism. To top matters off, my Travelpro suitcase was damaged. If you want to arrive at your location when expected... Try another airlines! Just because I'm flying into Orlando, that doesn't mean I want a Mickey Mouse operation getting me there.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

from Anchorage

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I got to the airport over 50 minutes early for my flight. There was a woman with bags before me trying to check in and the ladies checking bags did not tell us they were cutting off the check in bags. I COULD NOT CHECK IN MY BAGS BECAUSE THEY WERE SHORT STAFFED. I ASKED THE WOMAN AT THE DESK WHY SHE DIDN'T TELL ME BECAUSE I WAS READY WITH MY BAGS. All she said was that they were SHORT STAFFED. I missed my flight because you are short staffed and now I have to get a hotel and buy another flight. I want my flight reimbursed and I want my hotel paid for. This is absolutely ridiculous customer service. I can't reach anyone over the PHONE OR EMAIL. After I went back to the hotel because I didn't make my flight BECAUSE YOU WERE SHORT STAFFED, I get a text saying that the flight was delayed another 45 minutes AND YOUR STAFF DID NOT NOTIFY ME. I MISSED ANOTHER FLIGHT. Delta has absolutely horrified me and I will never fly with you again. They kept saying they are short staffed so they did not tell me they could not take my bags anymore. Absolutely ridiculous that I missed my flight because your company can't get extra people to get me on my plane.

I would not recommend it

from New York

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Seats Are Uncomfortable. You need to purchase first class for the comfortable ones.

Consistent Product

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Delta Airlines:

I routinely fly Delta for both work and pleasure. The product is consistent and nearly all of my flights have been on time.

Poor customer service

from Minneapolis mn

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Poor customer service. Rude, insensitive, from security to boarding the plane. I've flown with Delta ever since you started and put up with a lot. But today are partnership is done. I will go out of my way not to fly with you

Ok for the price I paid

from Reston, VA

Comments about Delta Airlines:

Alright, the rout I often take is only available through Delta and another company. I used Delta about two times, and the other company about tree times. I always pick the cheapest flight, as it is not a flight that is too long. The first time I flew it was fine, but the second time there was a delay of about 1h30 for me, but there were passengers from the flight that was supposed to fly before us also waiting. They bought the passengers some pizza, which was nice. I did manage to get my connection in time, which worked well. But waiting at the airport was not great, as you can imagine. The other company always called early in the morning and sent emails regarding delays. If you get the cheapest flight, you should not expect comfort (in any company really).