3.1
Other Airlines:
Delta Airlines

Comfort

My daughter's ride delta all the time.and I wants to go to Vegas so the love for me to ride delta

From Detroit to Vegas round trip

I love Delta!!!

I fly every 6 weeks for work and I can choose any of the major airlines to fly domestically and I will always choose Delta. Every time!!! I have, to my own demise flown other carriers and had nothing but problems from losing luggage to cancelled flights and not once have I had an issue on Delta.

Newbury Park, CA

true

Where are the "light refreshments"?

I flew Delta last week from Jacksonvillle, FL to Atlanta, Ga. Although this was a short flight, I was really looking forward to a nice cold soda. We were informed while in air that they would not be serving refreshments due to the short flight. Then on the flight back I was hoping to get another cold soda since the flight was delayed by 45 min. Once in the air we were told due to air turbulence they wouldn't be serving any refreshments. Granted there was some turbulence at the end of the flight but I found it odd that we were not provided the refreshments on both flights. I am glad we made it safely to our destination both times but I think they could have at least given me my soda while we were walking off the plane!

Jacksonville FL

I was nervouse, but they made me feel safe.

I went to washignton DC so I could advocate for a family program that needed funding for my state, and flying was the only transportation available for me. I am terrified of hights, my toes curled just watching movies with high up scenes, but the flight attendent went above and beyond, she rubbed my back while I was having a panic attack and talked me threw it. I am so grateful for Delta & the employees who made me want to start saving up for a vacation for my family one day :)

Kentucky

true

I will only fly with Delta

Love flying delta confront. The plans are clean, seats are comfortable, love watching movies, and the flight crew are always great.

Fenton, Michigan

Amazing Service and Transparent

I love flying with Delta. I fly a lot for work as well as personal trips. For work, I am sometimes forced to choose a different airline so I've experienced a few different providers. By far, Delta is my favorite domestic airline provider. They are very transparent when the sometimes inevitable delay happens and they work with you to make your experience as positive as possible even under not ideal circumstance which many airlines do not do.

New York City, NY

true

You get what you pay for, literally

I have used Delta on multiple vacations and of course, like most airlines, every experience is a little different. Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of Delta. If you have the money to afford a different airline, GO WITH A DIFFERENT AIRLINE. However, if you're on a limited budget and really need to cut costs any way you can, Delta will get you where you need to go. Even though I hate flying with them, I still do it because usually you can't beat the price and I'm very budget-conscious. ALWAYS make sure you're looking at exactly what you buy though. Make sure you pick and pay for your luggage when you buy your ticket right away (the price will go up if you add it later, and up even more if you don't add it until the airport). Also, it is more expensive for a carry-on than check-in luggage. And make sure you measure and weigh both your "personal item/bag" and check in luggage BEFORE you leave your house because if your check-in bag weighs even .5lb over they will charge more (and the check-in weight is lower than most airlines so look it up before you go!) And if the personal item is too big they WILL make you check it. You do usually get a little bag of pretzels or a cookie on board with water and some other beverage but any other food you pay for and it is expensive (as is most airlines). Sometimes, after adding in the extra fees for luggage it is actually more expensive to fly Delta than other airlines so if you're picking by price, make sure to compare prices after you account for those. Otherwise, if you know what you're getting, it's not too bad. I've only had one flight be delayed, the rest all left and arrived on time. I have had a LOT of flights with them with REALLY bad turbulence. By the end of two of them almost everyone on the plane was sick or almost sick, most people had to sit for a while after getting off the plane. I know some people say it has nothing to do with the airline, but I feel like it has to do with the smaller size planes they normally have.

Woodbury, MN

So comfortable

I just had another great flight with Delta Airlines! The chairs were comfortable and each seat had an in-seat entertainment screen which offered some amazing new movie releases and satellite TV station. The flight attendant even offered to let my kids go meet the pilots! The only thing I don't like about Delta is that you have to pay extra for seat assignments now...and with kids, I have to spend the money to ensure my kids and I get seats together. Other than that, great flight experience!

GA

Unjustified cancellations, no assistance

Got stranded in LGA due to made-up "weather reasons" on June 19 (weather was fine and planes still taking off at my flight's scheduled time of 15:30). 90-minute line in 90° heat (no AA) to get to an agent. Delta employees at the terminal barely speak English. Rude employee reschedules my flight for Tuesday morning, uses "weather" lie to deny me an hotel. Delta employees won't even provide a phone or any facilities to book an hotel. I'm on my own, with my last cellphone battery find a nasty, overpriced hotel that I have to pay for myself (as well as taxi to/from hotels, meals, etc.). Now I find out that, despite fine weather on Tuesday, Delta delayed my flight yet again to the early afternoon, to the same time I have scheduled a consulting telecon. Don't fly Delta. I would have got home way earlier and more comfortably if I had driven the 500 miles to my destination. And without having to deal with rude morons.

Pittsburgh, PA

TWO DAY DELAY AND NOW NO PILOTS?!!,

TWO DAY DELAY AND NOW NO PILOT AVAILABLE On my recent flight Delta could not email flight confirmations even though I called back three times. However on returning I received a "Thank you for flying with us" email. Two days ago my girlfriend was coming to see me. I paid for an upgrade to first class. The flight was cancelled due to weather. Ok, that's not their fault. They told her they could not get her on a flight later that day not could they get her on a flight the next day. She had to settle for a 6:00 am flight two days later. She is now at the airport. They've delayed the flight until 9:48 because THEY HAVE NO PILOT AVAILABLE!!

Minnesota