Other Washing Machines:

Danby Compact Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

Convient with no bending

**The Dandy DTT420 Tod Load Washer is great for me and my family.  In my house, it is great not to bend over and put and pull things in and out of the washer.  Time is always a factor.  There is never enough time to get all the laundry done, however, with this great washer, it helps me to get the clothes in and out fast.**

**We appreciate the capacity and efficiency of the washer and how it does not make unusal noises and it allows us to have a conversation.   The quietness of this machine is greatly appreciated.**

**Washers today are so different, yet this one answers our modern life and life style and it allows the children to do their own laundry without needing assistance.  The clothes comes out clean and smelling great.**

**Our life has finally been down sized and organized and we never have to be concerned about clean clothes again, because we have our friend Mrs. Dandy at all times and we are so very much apprecaitive.**

I hated this Washer.

I got this washer for our apartment while we were waiting for our house to finish being built. I figured this would be good because it is very small and we were living in such a small space, but I didn't want to have to go to the laundry mat constantly to keep up with my families massive piles of clothes. I thought this was great at first, until I used it. I am so disappointed in this washing machine. It is loud and annoying, it makes so much useless noise and it makes it hard to even have a conversation with someone in the next room, and I can't run it when anyone is sleeping because of this. It works well with small loads, if you fill it full your clothes come out not as clean as they should be, so I had to do many small loads opposed to a few big ones, this was a big down side to me. This also made our electric bill skyrocket, so it was not as energy efficient as claimed to be. This would probably be good for a single person who doesn't need much but it was not what my family needed and we have been highly disappointed with it.

Excellent mini washer!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

I had a dish washer in my up stairs kitchen and it wasn't getting any use so I decided to replace it with the Danby Compact Top Load Washer. This is a very compact washer that is great for small loads. Installation of this washer was simple, but I would not recommend using the plastic hose that come with it because it felt very flimsy. Luckily I already had a stainless steel hose installed from the dish washer. The first time I used this device I was surprised by the lack of noise it produced when washing and rinsing. I was also extremely impressed that my clothes were only damp after the rinse cycle. This drastically cut my drying time in half. The only issue I have ever had with this washer is that some times a towel or a pair of jeans will wrap around the agitator and prevent free movement of clothes when rinsing, but they usually work free after a couple of seconds. I would definitely recommend the Danby Compact Top Load Washer because it's efficient, cheap, compact, and most importantly durable.

I hated this Washer.

from Elko, Nevada

Good For Small Places

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

After getting tired of the weekly trips to the laundromat, I decided that I would look for a compact washer that would fit in my apartment. I compared machines and prices and decided on the Derby compact washer. The machine was very simple to use and I do like that it is small and will fit just about anywhere. I wasn't impressed with the cleaning power of the machine. I found that I was having to rewash loads in order to get them clean. The washer is small but is really loud when in use. Another problem that I had was that the washer didn't want to stay in place while it was in its rinse cycles. It would vibrate across the floor. This machine got me by until I could afford something better but I would not purchase another. This machine would be good for a single person or a household of only two. It would never handle large load. I would only recommend this washer to someone for a temporary situation.

Danby Compact Top Load Washer Gets The Job Done

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

Excellent washer, and great for medium load of clothes. I wash for me, and my husband. This machine comes in handy. It's very efficient. I've had this washer for almost 2 years, and it still works great. My clothes comes out super clean.

Energy Efficiency
Saves time, and money.

Cleaning Time
Fast washing, no waiting for a long period of time to put the next load in.

Excellent, and very quiet.

Simple to operate.

I like the way it looks, nice color.

Strong, and sturdy. Not heavy at all.

• Cleaning Time:

Great little machine for apartments.

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

I've had this washer for nearly 5 years now and it's still going strong with only minor problems due to wear and tear. I use it at least 3 times a week, do all my sheets, blankets, pillows and clothes in it and have never had an issue with cleanliness. I even moved with it a couple of years ago and it held up like a real trooper. I will buy another and highly recommend it.

Unlike some models, this baby comes with wheels. So you don't have to buy them separately.

Nice washer

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

I was looking for a smaller washing machine as we have recently downsized in our house. I wanted something that would not take up as much room in the laundry room, and that would still get the job done. This top loaded fit the bill. Another plus of this little dandy is that it runs so quietly! I hardly know that the washer is going, which is a plus, as I often throw a load in before I go to bed at night. It's hard to say if this really saved on electricity or not. I can't say that my bill went down considerably. Overall, I am very happy with this top loader washing machine, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller sized washer.

Wonderful Compact Washer

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

The Danby Compact Washer is a great compact washer that is quiet, small, and durable. I've had other washers that just weren't as tough as this one. My clothes always come out nice and clean, and I can use it on my one floor apartment without being able to hear it in the next room.

• Cleaning Time:

Skeptical at first but very pleased with its performance

from Wabash, IN

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

I absolutely love this washer. Before I purchased it I was a bit skeptical. I had not heard too much about the Danby brand, so I was not sure what to expect. We found it for a great deal, so we could not pass it up though. We also needed something very small as we have a very limited amount of space in our home. It exceeded all of my expectations for it right away. It is a great machine, very easy to use, and does a great job.

The Dandy is amazing!

from Akron, OH

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

I love the dandy washer. Our old washer broke down and I hated loading clothes into it. The dandy makes doing the laundry easy and convenient. I would recommend this washer to family and friends! It works great! It's wonderful to own a washer that is so reliable. It makes me get other chores around the house done faster. My clothes look great and it does not make my clothing look worn like my old washer. I think that everyone should own a dandy washer. It was not too expensive so I was able to fit it into my tight budget. My other family members also find it easy to use and are very happy that we have made this purchase. It fits enough clothing in per load to get more done in a shorter amount of time. A few friends that I have recommended this product to have recently purchase it, due to how happy I was with this washer. I'm happy to have found such a great product that I use all the time.

I absolutely love it

from Irving, TX

Comments about Danby Compact Top Load Washer:

This machine is the perfect addition to any household. We did a lot of research before we purchased this particular portable washer. If you need a small washing machine you cannot beat this one. It doesn't take up too much much space. If you are trying to cut down your water bill, Danby is the best choice .and does an excellent job in cleaning our clothes and is remarkably quiet and easy to use. The only thing is that it's not automatic, it gives you much more control over your washing process, as well as your water usage. At first, you have to fill the washer with water, then run a wash cycle and switch the machine to the drain setting. After draining the tub, you have to move the laundry to the spinner mode to remove the wash water and then return it to the main tub for rinsing. After running the laundry through the rinse cycle, you'll need to move it once again to the spinner for a final removal of the rinsed water. The spin cycle extracts enough water that the clothes dry quickly when put on a drying rack. I highly recommend this washer (the twin-tub) because of the fact that it removes dirt and spins clothes almost dry. And, they are hardly wrinkled when they come out of the spin cycle, now I can do laundry whenever I want without running to the laundry room. I absolutely love it.