Other Shampoos:

DHC Scalp Cleansing Shampoo

Gently Removes Dulling Residue from Scalp and Hair

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about DHC Scalp Cleansing Shampoo:

As a woman with dry, fragile hair that needs to be treated gently, I tend to use heavier conditioners and moisturizing styling products to keep my hair looking its best. Unfortunately, heavier products tend to accumulate over time, and my hair can become dull and limp as a result.

In the past, I've used Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo to strip away the excess buildup. Although Neutrogena does the job adequately, it unfortunately leaves my hair looking like a tumbleweed in the process. What I need is a clarifying shampoo that is strong enough to strip away dulling residue, but gentle enough to protect my hair in the process. And I think I've found the answer with this shampoo.

When I opened my sample of the Scalp Cleansing shampoo, I was surprised to see that it was thick and creamy. I was expecting a clear, no-nonsense texture so I felt more confident that a creamier lather wouldn't dry my hair out like Neutrogena does. I have to say I'm impressed with this shampoo. My scalp felt and looked really clean and my hair looked revived, but not dried-out. It's not something I can use on a frequent basis because it does contain alcohol, but for those times when I need to clarify and remove residue, I will definitely look to DHC Scalp Cleansing Shampoo.

DHC Scalp Cleansing shampoo has a light, fresh, citrus scent that lathered well and gave a refreshing tingle to my scalp. I didn't leave it in too long and rinsed it well. To my surprise, my wet hair felt squeaky clean, but also very soft. I followed up with my usual conditioner and then proceeded with the rest of my routine. The scent of the shampoo did not interfere with the rest of my hair care products.