Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

DESERT ESSENCE Face Wash 32 oz

Desert Essence Face Wash

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about DESERT ESSENCE Face Wash 32 oz:

This face wash gives you value for the money. It's affordable and lasts quite awhile. I was drawn to Desert Essence due to its natural ingredients. My only qualms with this product is that it's not very moisturizing for my skin type (sensitive, combination skin). In addition, it does have a strong smell that's almost medicinal, but it wasn't too noticeable after continuous use. Perhaps, this product would be great for people with normal skin types.

Clears and Heals Skin within a few days!

from Manchester, NH

Comments about DESERT ESSENCE Face Wash 32 oz:

I love this cleanser and changed over because I want to get away from harsh cleansers that are not good for your skin over a long period of time.  My initial experience was that the cleanser is extremely watery, but don't let that stop you from using it.  I kept using it and my current break outs cleared up within two days of using it.  In stating this, because it does not scrub the skin, it is a good idea to also use a facial scrub at least a couple times a week with it.  This brand also offers facial cleansing pads that would work great for this (I do use them too.)

If you get hung up on smell, then you may want to smell it in the store.  It is strong, but I wouldn't let that deter you from using it.  My husband isn't bothered by it and he says I smell "clean" when I get out of the shower.  It doesn't stay as strong smelling once it is rinsed off and is not bothersome.  I've actually gotten used to the smell and find it earthy.

This product is definitely worth a try and won't break the bank either.

A pretty affordable option for a natural skin cleanser.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about DESERT ESSENCE Face Wash 32 oz:

I have been trying to switch over my cosmetics and cleansers to more organic or natural products, however I have a very restrictive budget to work with.  I first tried Desert Essence facial cleanser because it was the cheapest natural face wash I could find at the time.  I have been surprised at how long it is lasting me, and realize that it's an equal or cheaper price compared to the face wash I was using previously (brands like Neutrogena, Clean & Clear).  After the first week I noticed that the tone of my skin was really improving, however I was still having a lot of acne.  I thought it was because this all-natural face wash just wasn't strong enough to prevent acne.  After switching back to a Neutrogena product for a while, I am back to using this Desert Essence face wash again.   Turns out that something else was causing my acne to flare up much more so than normal and no facewash was doing the trick for me!  Now that my acne is back to it's normal state (which isn't great), I'm finding that this face wash is working well enough to keep my acne under control.

Desert Essence - a great natural, healthy face wash

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about DESERT ESSENCE Face Wash 32 oz:

I've just started using this face wash recently, and am really happy with it so far. My wife has actually been using it for longer, and she likes it as well. It's not as heavy-duty for fighting pimples as something that contains salicylic acid, but that's because it's much safer and better for your skin and body. The big reason I wanted to use this facewash is because it's all natural, and doesn't contain the harsh chemicals and ingredients in most typical cleansing products. It gets a very good score of 1 from Skin Deep (0 is the best), a website which rates cosmetic products based on health and safety of the ingredients. Even though it's natural and safe, it still works well. The smell is a little different from your typical face wash, but it's not too bad and easy to get used to. This container will last a LONG TIME (already lasted longer than I expected), so don't worry about the cost, because this product will prove its worth. I enjoy using this to clean my face knowing that I can breathe safely and not worry about what kind of crap I'm putting on my face...and still clear up my oily skin and look good. Highly recommended!