Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

Cuisinart is used every day in my house

I got this from a friend who I traded my older version for this one. It is used every day! I love this appliance. I have used it to make salads, breadcrumbs, pastry dough, french fries etc.

There are so many different types of blades that work with this machine, you can slice thinly, thickly, in decorative slices, french fries etc.

It is a bit heavy and bulky, so it's hard to store it in a cabinet. But I think it's worth it.

It is very quiet and strong - I can put stale bread in there and it pulverizes it as if it were nothing. My old one used to heat up to do half of what this machine does.

There are a lot of pieces and you have to put the pieces on just so or it will not work - it won't turn on unless all the pieces are fitted - which is a safety feature as well.

There is an on/off/pulse switch. The pulse switch is great for making dough as you do not want to over do that. I can store up to three blades in the container so that is helpful for storage.

This is also easy to clean - all parts fit in the dish washer.

I'm pretty happy with the Cuisinart food processor

I love how this food processor works, and use it about once a day (I especially love it for chopping onions-- I never chop them the old-fashioned way!)  Unfortunately, the plastic broke on the cheese-grater blade.  However, we still chop up cheese for nachos, enchiladas, etc. by using the regular metal blade.  Instead of long pieces, it cuts the cheese into very small roundish pieces... small enough to use in place of shredded cheese.  I like how the food processor dis-assembles, and you can put it in the diswasher (except for the base, of course).  I would probably recommend this, but I wish Cuisinart would figure out another way to make the plastic parts more durable (years ago, we had another Cuisinart food processor, and the same thing happened with it).  The motors, on the other hand, seem to last forever.  We've also been using the food processor a lot lately to make hummus, and it can whip up some great hummus in a matter of seconds.

effective, but needs some pampering

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

This came with a dough hook, which I never used, a blade for regular blending, and blades for shredding and slicing. The slicing blade is excellent for shredding cabbage, and for making carrot coins and slicing other veggies--mushrooms turn out really nicely too, for sautéing! I've tried it on cheese, but it doesn't work as well. The shredding blade is great for cheese though! I make smoothies for my kids with the regular blending blade. Often a chunk will get stuck above the vortex and not blend, but with some shaking and stopping to push things around, it generally does a good job. I like that you can pour through the lid if needed, and that it will not start running if all the pieces are not in place (thus it's much harder to accidently cut yourself!) It is pretty loud, and can take a while to get things running smoothly if you start with some hard chunks like frozen berries.

The lid that you use to push food through can get stuff stuck in it, and I have a hard time getting it out.

Couldn't cook without my Cuisinart

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

I absolutely love my Cuisinart Pro Classic 7 Cup Food Processor. This was the first item I purchased once I had my own kitche, and it was definitely worth the price. I use this for many different things, but my favorite things to make wih the food processor is banana ice cream. I freeze bananas, then put them in the food processor. I add peanut butter, and you have healthy peanut butter banana ice cream. Even with the frozen foods, the food processor is able to combine everything together. When I tried to make this in my blender, it did not work the same.

Another thing I use my food processor for is making sweet potato soup. After boiling sweet potatoes, I put them in my Cuisinart and they immediately turn into a soup consistency once turning on the food processor. I think this would also be a great addition to the kitchen of someone who purees food for their babies.

This is relatively easy to wash, since I put most of the parts in the dishwasher. It is also very sturdy and durable. I keep this in a cabinet and only put it out when I need to use it. It has not broken even though I move it from place to place.

It's also convenient that you can press the button one way to pulse to cut your food, or you can press the button the other way and it will lock in to have the blade continually on. This is helpful if you do not want to stand next to the food processor.

Outstanding food processor!

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

The heart of any small appliance is its motor; and that's where manufacturers tend to cut corners. Cuisinart doesn't. I've had two variations of this model since the mid-1980s (they last that long), and they've always performed reliably. Typically, supplied with a chopping blade and a shredding blade, the processor becomes much more versatile with a full set of blades, including various widths of slicing blades, a fine shredder, french fry cutter, etc. Also useful is a citrus juicer attachment, which takes advantage of the powerful on-board motor to make fresh juice, without the need to add another appliance to the countertop clutter. Cuisinart's dedication to quality is apparent across its product lines. For example, my basic set of cookware is Cuisinart clad aluminum, and I have received many years of service from my Cuisinart drip coffeemaker. I highly recommend this product.

Love the Cuisinart Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

I got the Cuisinart Food Processor on a friend’s recommendation. This is my first food processor. The 7-cup is a perfect size as it’s not too small or not too large. It’s just the right size and it can do the job depending on if it’s a big or small portion of the meal. I use it for chopping, grating, slicing of vegetables, nuts and cheese, prep for baking, making purees, and kneading (has a dough blade). I also use it for batters. This thing is amazing. My sister-in-law also bought the same brand after seeing how handy, versatile, and how often I used this food processor. I wish I had bought this food processor sooner.
While this food processor is easy to clean and can be cleaned in a dishwasher, I try and bunch all the cutting and pureeing this food processor will do for that day. I use this food processor almost every day. I love this product and highly recommend it as a must have for any kitchen.
I now have this food processor on my list for wedding gifts.

Great product.

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

This is great! I've used it regularly it for several years and it still works perfect. It is easy to use and the hard plastic holds up to tougher doughs and rough washing. Although, like any appliance, too stiff a dough will cause the blade to stall, but it works perfectly regardless. The top splits into two parts to allow for easier cleaning and the blade will not spin unless the top is securely fastened. Great product!

Cuisinart Food Processer

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

First of all, I absolutely love this machine. I use it for grating cheese, chopping veggies and fruit, making purees, chopping crust and many other things. It's easy to use and is very handy. Quick and simple, it's saves me valuable time. I'm very happy with it.

• Ease of Assembly:

Unbelievably quick and the greatest kitchen appliance purchased!

from Leland, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

This product is the best at slicing potatoes or any vegetable/fruit! It's so easy and fast. The first time I sliced a potato, it was gone in 2 seconds! I love the safety features, the lid has to align with the holder in order for the product to run - such a great feature! The processor comes with 2 lids, one for pushing food into the machine and another with a lift-off spout - perfect for drizzling olive oil. It also comes with a dough blade - perfect for pizza, bread, and biscuits.

Safety
It has many safety features, including a lid and holder alignment before the machine will run.

All the blades, lids, and container are dishwasher-safe.

• Ease of Assembly:

Works great but very heavy and bulky

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

I don't have much use for this and I rarely use it because I don't want it on the counter. It's heavy for such a small machine and bulky but works great. This unit comes with lots of blades and accessories that would benefit a more experienced cook.

Power
Very sturdy and powerful machine. Seems very dependable. Solid motor.

Safety
Has a couple of safety features so you don't chop your fingers off. Nice if you are accident prone.

Ease of Assembly
This has lots of different blades and accessories, not sure what to do with them all.

This has lots of parts to clean, typical of any food processor.

This unit is heavy but sturdy. I think it will last a long time. I don't see the need to buy a new one ever.

• Ease of Assembly:

A must have appliance for everyone's kitchen.

from Oroville, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

I love my Cuisinart Food Processor. It saves me so much money, especially when I need something shredded. I use it to shred carrots, cabbage, zucchini, and best of all, cheese. It is super quick and easy. I use it for just about everything, such as, making bread crumbs and chopping nuts. It is the perfect appliance whether you are a novice or an expert in the kitchen.

Safety
The blades are extremely sharp, but as long as your are careful not to touch the sharp end of the blades then it is okay.

Ease of Assembly
It is easy to put together and the attachments are easily interchangeable.

I love how easily my Cuisinart Food Processor comes apart and just sits in the top rack of my dishwasher.

• Ease of Assembly:

Love this food processer, makes preparing meals a bliss!

from Indiana

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor:

This is a great food processor, it's very simple to use with it design built you just press down on the button and away it blends. It also has a nice safety feature on it if the unit isn't hooked up properly it will not blend, so no accidents! It blends pretty much anything within seconds. I loved it for making baby food, because i could blend whatever we were eating and it would puree it perfectly for my child.