Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

a present that dropped down from heaven

this has got to be one of the best presents ever, seriously, for a cook/chef/college student/first-time-living-in-a-new-apartment person. You can do everything from slicing, to pureeing, to making NUT BUTTER!!! (imagine that, I never thought you could make your own homemade cashew/peanut/almond butter, you name it, just by processing for 15 minutes or so. beats having to buy processed foods out there in the market - we make our own hummus too and pesto as well. There's so many benefits to this, and yes, there's a hefty price tag to it but it pays itself off, I promise. Given all the time that you save by using this equipment, I assure it's well worth it. What's cool is that it comes with attachments as well that and slice thinly (like using a mandolin-slicer but you don't have to have your fingers cut off) and it can handle large batches which is great for large families, or when you decide to double/triple the recipes and freeze the remaining portion.

good for limited use

It doesn't really hold 9 cups if you want to remove something like salsa without spilling it. It is already wearing out after about a year. I do make salsa often in the summer. Shredding cheese seems to wear it out. slicing potatoes stresses the motor

you can't clean the inner edges with out a very small brush

if you only use it randomly you'll be fine. If you like to cook find something that will last longer than 2 years. I am already looking for my next one.

Can replace several appliances in your kitchen.

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

A main draw for this processor was the fact that it comes with a variety of attachment heads, all of which are stainless steel, meaning they are long lasting and powerful. The device came with a: dough blade, crush and chop blade, and mincing/dicing blade. So, you can easily blend anything in this processor, mix, or break down nearly any food that your blender can't. I also like the fact that it has a larger, 9 cup capacity. You can easily fit whole fruits or vegetables without having to cut them in to smaller pieces first, and the processor will fully beak down the items placed in it. Not only does this save time, it also eliminates the need to cut and dice before placing items in the processor. A three year warranty on the blade and stainless steel components is a nice added bonus, so if something is damaged, you can have it replaced. And, although it is pricey, it does do the job that other appliances can't, and will really cut down prep time in the kitchen if you are making large meals, or simply do not like standing in the kitchen all day making food. The built in safety feature also ensures it will only power up, when the lid is on, eliminating the potential for injuring fingers.

All parts are dishwasher safe.

A great food processor

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

This processor will chop, blend, and puree anything I put into it. The grater worked surprisingly well when shredding soft cheeses that a hand grater would normally ruin. I made a very delicious Indian Tikka Masala using this product. You would feel as if you died and went to heaven after eating it. I would not recommend using it to knead dough if you already have a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. It does a much better job that this food processor.

Works great!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I love my food processor and should probably use it for more things than I do. This is a heavy piece of machinery (I don't leave mine out on the counter,so that means lifting it out of the cabinet when I want to use it), but it is solid and made very well.
I use mine to make Pesto, shred blocks of cheese and lots of other fun things.
It is well worth the cost and the fact that it is a Kitchen Aid means quality in my book. Highly recommend!!

Safety
It will not work unless everything is locked into place.

Ease of Assembly
Very easy to pop together real quick. It took me a few times with my husband showing me how to "lock" in the lid, but I think I just wasn't paying attention, because it is actually quite easy.

Okay, it is very easy to clean, just pop into the dishwasher, but I am giving it a 9 because it is sometimes annoying knowing that I have to take it apart and clean it. My problem, not the machine's. It cleans up nicely everytime.

I have had absolutely no problems with this machine.

• Ease of Assembly:

Love this food processor!

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I got this as a Christmas gift last year and I use it a lot more than I thought I would! I use it to make baby food all the time and it does a great job of giving a nice smooth puree. It is able to chop lots of things up very fine! I haven't used many of the different attachments that came with it though.

It is easy to clean, and dishwasher safe, but when I put the main bowl part in the dishwasher water gets into the handle and does not easily come out. I usually end up hand washing that part.

• Ease of Assembly:

Very useful despite being a bit cumbersome to clean

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

While you are using it, the Cuisinart 9 cup food processor is great. It comes with an instructional DVD with recipe suggestions, and it becomes immediately obvious that is has many uses. I primarily use it for baking - making cookie and bread doughs - but I have also used it to make nut butters and vegetable purees. It is very durable, and I have never had a problem with it overheating which can be an issue with cheaper blenders. My only (minor) complaint about it has to do with the ease of cleaning it (or lack of ease). I am pretty sure all removable parts are dishwasher safe (check with the manufacturer to be sure) but I always like to hand wash my more expensive kitchen items as a precaution. So anytime I want to use my food processor, I end up having to wash the five main pieces (including the sharp blade) because the lid consists of 3 interlocking pieces and all of them get a little dirty. Also, it bothers me that water gets inside the areas where the top pieces lock together and it is impossible to wipe those parts dry. But those are minor complaints. If you regularly need to chop, grind or puree anything, this is a great companion to any set of kitchen tools.

• Ease of Assembly:

I can't believe I lived without one for so long..

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I am 26 and just over a year ago I purchased one as an end of summer gift to myself. I have used it more than anything else I probably bought in the last year, and still haven't even used it to its full potential with the various different blades. It helped me take advantage of all my garden veggies this year. Also great for making baby food and soups.

Wonderful food processor

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I wish I had this many years ago, but I finally got it a year ago. If you love to cook and bake you must get this! It can do so many things, and make food prep super easy!

Power
Very heavy, very powerful and great quality. Some kitchen appliances you can just tell they are worth the money by weight alone. Granted reading several reviews on food processors led me to this one.

Safety
Biggest safety feature is that this won't turn on until the bowl and cover are locked into place. So important when you are working with such sharp blades.

Ease of Assembly
Very easy to put together. Just make sure to read the manual to know how to attach the blades to the bowl.

All the parts come apart so easily, and it all cleans up very nicely. Just be careful when cleaning any blades...they are sharp!

Very well made and all parts feel very high quality. Machine doesn't make any odd noises or move much while slicing/chopping/shredding.

cuisinart review

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I've used Cuisinart 9-cup food processor for years. I have good childhood memories from it as I prepared foods with my mother in our kitchen growing up. It is one of the first appliances we purchased when my husband and I got married. It's great for making sauces, ad many other things. Hollandaise sauce is one of my favorites and I make it every Christmas. I learned to make this with my mom as a child.

I use it to grate large chunks of cheese so we have grated cheese on hand and I can buy it in bulk at a discount. I also use it for making fresh hummus and for slicing vegetables. I also make an easy, fresh pie crust recipe. it's just as quick as the roll-out refrigerated ones at the grocer, and tastes much better! It processes the butter just right so that the crust turns out flaky.

I will always own a Cuisinart food processor. The one we own now is the same one we had when we married 12 year ago so it's very durable! I love that it will not turn on unless the top is locked down. This makes it safe enough for our daughters to use alongside me.

Excellent processor

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I love my Cuisinart food processor - I can do different types of cuts, it is strong and durable. I recommend it to anyone thinking of buying a food processor. You will use it more than you think - cutting veggies, shredding items, or even making small batches of breads.

Food processor that multitasks

from Richardson, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor:

I like the multitasking ability of this food processor. Granted, I hardly use the other blade options it cameo with, nor do I hardly ever use the plastic blade for doughs and such, but when I need to, it's available. I've used this product mostly for making salsas, baby food and chopping nuts and such for granola bars.

Power
Very sturdy. Chops up nuts like they were paper balls.

Safety
I wouldn't let a child handle this appliance. The blade is ridiculously sharp. It is nice that everything has to be locked into place before it will turn on.

Ease of Assembly
Very easy to put together no matter what the need is, slicing, dicing or blending.

Very easy to clean. Dishwasher friendly. Just be careful of that blade attachment and dies.

So far it's been a great appliance. I've had mine for five years. I don't use it too often at the moment, but the sturdiness of the appliance coupled with the brand name Kitchen Aid leads me to believe it will be around and functional for many more years to come.