Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

cuisinart - hard to clean, a joy to use

The high liquid capacity is great if you are making soups, fake baileys, or other liquid concoctions. It does liquid without spewing it all over the counter, which is a huge step up from my previous food processors. Another improvement over my previous cheap ones is that the grater disks can shred easily, without feeling like the weight of the vegetable is dragging on the machine. The wide mouth is a great help for making things like slaw.

The downside of this processor is definitely the inability to clean the lid well. I took advice from others and cup up a thin piece of plastic (that previously held a crisco baking stick) into a tool for cleaning in the crevices, and I know that any time I use it, I have to wash it right away. Because of the cleaning issues I would not process raw meat in it. Food particles get up behind the gasket and have to be fished out, the sanitation concerns me.

If you know you won't be washing this right after each use, if you don't have that kind of discipline, don't buy this. But if you can deal with that, I do think this is the best processor out there.

I have a love/hate relationship with this appliance!

I have a love/hate relationship with my Cuisinart food processor! The "hate" part of the relationship is as follows: I bought the 12 cup capacity in order to be able to make larger batches of soups and sauces. The problem was my smaller processor would always leak around the base making a huge puddle on my counter. I make soup frequently so this is troublesome for me.

My larger processor does the same thing the old, smaller one did.  If the liquid you are mixing goes above the center white knob of the blade, the liquid leaks out the back.  As a consequence of this, I have to add broth to my recipes AFTER I removed the ingredients from the processor. This is messy and inconvenient.

On the "love" side of the equation: The Cuisinart is a "dream machine" when it comes to chopping, pureeing or blending ingredients, wither wet of dry.  I have never had so much fun making new and different soups as I have recently using the Cuisinart.

So, there you have it. It's a great machine for processing small or non-liquid ingredients!

Amazing!

from MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

I ordered the Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-cup food processor for myself a couple of months ago - and I am in love with this thing. Prior to this, I just had a small 4-cup food processor, which worked well, but just wasn't big enough for some of the jobs I needed to handle.

The bowl size (12-cup) is perfect for really anything you could imagine cooking. It mixes quickly and quietly, and I love that you can simply turn it on and let it do the work and come back to it. My smaller 4-cup food processor required me to hold the button down the entire time, and if I let go it would stop. That is a MAJOR bonus for me with this food processor. It is nice to be able to throw what you need in there, walk away and come back to a job well done.

It's fairly easy to clean, and all of the accessories that came with it really are awesome. I haven't even used some of them yet - and I cook every day. This is an extremely versatile product and it seems very heavy-duty. This thing is pretty heavy and a little difficult to store due to its large size, but really - aren't all larger kitchen appliances kind of a pain to store?

Overall, I love this item and really don't know how I got along with out it. It makes my daily cooking tasks so much easier - and even a bit more fun! Get this! You won't be sorry.

I love this Food Processor!

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

I bought my Cuisinart Elite 12 Cup Food Processor last year. My inexpensive Food Processor died on me and I needed a new one. A friend suggested the Cuisinart Food Processor and I have been happy ever since. For the price compared to other more expensive Food Processors, it does an amazing job. I love having two different sizes of bowls. I use the big one for sorbets, nuts and vegetables. The smaller bowl I use for dressings and other smaller portions. I love this Food Processor. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great machine at a lower cost.

Power
This Food Processor has a lot of power to do the things that I need done. I love to make sorbet in it with frozen fruit. It has the right amount of power to blend frozen fruit.

Safety
This is a very safe machine, but it does have very sharp blades on it (like any food processor) that I keep on a high cupboard shelf away from small children.

Ease of Assembly
It is a very simple and easy machine to assemble.

Cleaning is a little hard, because there are a lot of small areas that need cleaning, but I think any Food Processor would be the same.

Very durable machine! It has the power to blend or chop nuts, frozen fruits, or slice vegetables.

• Ease of Assembly:

All around kitchen helper.

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

Purchased this food processor on the recommendation of a friend at work. Read more reviews online about lid issues and cleaning it. No problems for me so far, just have to be diligent in the cleaning.

Power
Very fast and quite. Handled pizza dough with ease.

Safety
Machine won't run without the top in place which is a good safety function.

Ease of Assembly
The top took some getting used to as it turns off to the left, opposite of the old one I had.

Have to clean it carefully as the lid has a lot of nooks and crannies

Its very solid and well made.

so hard to clean

from Banks, OR

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

I have lived nearly 40 years without a food processor. I'd heard how wonderful they are, but never felt the need to have one more gadget in my kitchen. But earlier this year at a garage sale I ran into this Cuisinart Elite Collection 12 cup food processor and couldn't pass it up. I've had it for about 3 months now. I've used it maybe 3 times. It's not my favorite small kitchen appliance.
This food processor works. I can understand why people use it to grate cheese, etc. But the cleaning process makes the quick work of things somewhat complicated. why would I spend 10 minutes cleaning something when I could have just used a cheese grater for 10 minutes with the same results?
I don't think I'm going to keep this food processor. It does work but I guess I've just lived so long without one I can't wrap my head around why I need it. Call me stubborn. I just don't want to spend more time cleaning something than the amount of time it is supposed to save me.

Versatile

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

One of the main reasons that I love the Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor FP-12 is because of the 3 work bowls; they fit together beautifully. I love to multitask and use all 3 at once--I'll do use the smallest bowl, take out the bowl and leave the food inside, then use the next one, and so on and so forth. The bowls below stay clean. Both the chopping blade and slicer/shredders will work with the larger bowls. However, it's only possible to use the dough blade with the largest bowl. I tried making pizza but since the pizza dough was not a lot, I think it would have worked better in the smaller bowl.In the end, I was happy with the final result--soft, smooth and fluffy. The sealed top works as advertised.I never made anything with dry flour in a food processor that didn't make a dust cloud around the whole machine, but it happened with this appliance. You can't go wrong with this product.

• Ease of Assembly:

From chopping vegatables to making bread.

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

This Cuisinart Elite Collection food processor was a gift that I received when I got married, and it is one of my favorite wedding registry gifts. This food processor looks great on my kitchen counter top and works wonderfully to satisfy all my chopping and processing needs. I mostly use this machine to make pesto and to mince onions, but occasionally I will also make it to knead bread dough! I love using this machine to knead dough because the blades make the dough nice and smooth. This machine is great, but if you're processing something for a long time you should be careful of it overheating. If you are kneading dough in the machine be sure to stop in the middle. The machine generates a lot of heat and could cause damage if left on for too long. It's easy to clean and very durable. It's been 4 years since I got married and this processor is still going strong. This is a kitchen must have!

Excited to cook again

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

My daughter got me this for my birthday and it has made me excited to cook again. It has so many features and options that I am still learning fun new ways to create fun food items.

Power
I had a kitchen aide blender that I loved and used all the time but this Cuisinart elite is so much more power than it had.

Safety
The safety features on this unit are great because I have a granddaughter that loves to cook with me and I don't have to worry about her getting a finger caught in the machine.

Ease of Assembly
Putting it together was actually a fun process because the parts are very easy to figure out how they work without having to read the manual.

I love being able to clean the majority of the unit in the dishwasher but the best thing is there aren't so many pieces you don't know what they do.

I am a klutz and have dropped pieces of the unit a few time but none have broke or cracked yet.

• Ease of Assembly:

A work-horse in the kitchen.

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

I love to cook, and quality tools are an important element to success in the kitchen. I have put this food processor through its paces, and it has performed like a champ! I especially love the two work bowls included. It makes it more efficient to cook, whether I am prepping a multi-course meal for twelve or simply throwing together a quick chop salad for myself. This machine turns out consistent and impressive results. I especially love slicing super-thin potatoes and other veggies for my own baked snack chips because I can count on the machine giving me slices of the same thickness for prime crispness. This machine helps me look good when other people sample my masterpieces!

Worth the money!

from New York, NY

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

Quality food processors are expensive, but I think the Cuisinart line is totally worth the cost. I purchased this model because of it's versatility. I can use the mini bowl for smaller jobs, and the bigger 12-cup bowl for larger recipes. It's a bit hard to use sometimes, as each piece must fit perfectly before the machine can operate. Also, the top lid seal has leaked on me a few times when pureeing soups. But the power of the machine can't be beat.

• Ease of Assembly:

Its quite powerful and versatile, but expensive.

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor:

First of all I want to say that really like the design of this food processor, it looks like something out of a science fiction movie. And its relatively easy to use with a hugh myriad of options you can use with it such as slicing, dicing, chopping, puree and even kneading which is really impressive in my opinion.

Power
The motor installed deals out over 1000 watts of spinning power that'll pulverize anything in it, its like a mini-saw blade for food!

Safety
All the blades have these plastic segments with finger holes that you can hold on to when you're cleaning or moving them. And the power cable also wraps around the bottom of the unit as well.

Ease of Assembly
If you've used any kind of food processor before, you'll be in familiar territory.