Other Food Processors:
Models:
FP-14BK, FP-14, FP-14DC
Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor

Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor

Pros

• Fast (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

is very good

from los angelos

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Fast

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

• Crafts

great
is very good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Between a 4-5 star rating for me

from Austin, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Controls
  • Fast
  • Large Capacity
  • Versatile

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I love having this food processor in my kitchen. I can accomplish many food prep tasks quickly and easily - From shredding and slicing cheese and vegetables to making a large batch of salsa to quickly pulling together some doughs and pie crusts. I have had an issue with getting that last bit of something to shred or slice, but the bulk of it is done faster than by hand. I also love the different size bowls. There's no need to dirty up the big one(s), if a small amount of food needs prepped, and on the flip side, there's no need to make multiple batches of one item when using the largest bowl.

I like and dislike the safety mechanisms that are in place. For one, I'm afraid of breaking a little piece of plastic on the pusher while washing it, which would keep the appliance from working, but I'm glad there won't be an accident with everything needing to be put together for it to turn on. It's very easy to operate, so my older kids can help in the kitchen without whining (ha). I do think the machine is pretty loud, but I have had much louder food processors, and they've generally been cheaper and didn't last as long as my cuisinart has lasted me so far.

This appliance is GREAT!

from Oregon

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Controls
      • Fast
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Versatile

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

So, my husband and I bought this about a month ago..and it is the BEST food processor out there! It has multiple functions, including being able to make dough! It is SUPER QUIET too! Our old processor was SO LOUD so switching to this one was the best thing we could have done. We don't wake up our kids with it anymore! We have not had any issues with it. I don't have any cons with it right now.. just the pros! It is super easy to clean as well. The base is also fairy heavy so it doesn't slide around on the counter, which I like. I'm so glad we bought this processor!

Does Not Disappoint!

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I am a huge fan of food processors and the Cuisinart 14 cup food processor does not disappoint. I am able to process large quantities of veggies for big family dinners, in no time. I like the overall simplicity of the functions. I think it is easy and fast functioning with the blades. I do have to use a spatula to with heavy thickness, but it is not much of a problem, as I really do adore this handy kitchen appliance. The structure is heavy duty. I once had a food processor that worked well, but did not last me long, but I feel different about the Cuisinart brand. I think the quality is much better than most.

The Cuisinart brand is reputable in making appliances that are worth the money, as you do get a long term use. I would definitely recommend this food processor, as I have been a happy customer. The makers os this product did a great job with the overall design and materials.

Great Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I absolutely love my Cusinart 14-Cup Food Processor. One of my favorite things to make in this is banana ice cream. This works really well to mix up and blend frozen bananas. The blades are sharp enough to cut through frozen items while the motor is also really strong. I also like that I can put this in the dishwasher. It makes it really easy to wash.

This is also really durable. I keep it in a shelf in a lower cabinet, and I have to take it out every time I want to use it. Nothing has broken on this food processor although I am constantly moving it.

Power
          This is very powerful for chopping and mixing everything from frozen items to beans for things like hummus.

Safety
          I like that this doesn't start until you have all of the pieces in the correct space. This makes it even more safe because you are guaranteed everything is put together correctly.

This is really easy to clean because I just put it in the dishwasher. I just put the individual pieces on the top shelf of the dishwasher.

Great, powerful food processor

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this Cuisinart food processor because Cuisinart makes quality products and I was looking for a processor that was powerful and would hold up when chopping nuts and vegetables.
          This has been a great processor that I have owned for over two years. It is powerful enough for the hardest nuts, and also works perfect for easy to process food items. The settings are easy to control for the amount of power that is needed. I love to make fresh salsa with this processor. it is a larger processor than most on the market and I like that it makes larger portions.
          This is another quality product from Cuisinart and worth the money spent on it.

Ease of Assembly
          This processor is easy to assemble and the pieces have to lock into place before it will turn on.

The cleaning is not my favorite part and it can be time consuming with all of the parts, however I have never owned a food processor that was easy to clean.

So useful!

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I am not a particularly good cook, which is funny considering that I come from a family of really great cooks. I love to find new recipes and make them but it usually takes me twice as long as the directions say that it is supposed to. I love anything that can make things quicker in the kitchen and my Cuisinart definitely does that. I use it constantly, to make sauces and spreads and to chop things like onions (no more trying not to cut a finger off chopping an onion while my eyes water so badly that I can't see). I also love it for shredding and slicing cheese and vegetables. My family eats more, and nicer, salads since I got my Cuisinart. In five years I know that I haven't even come close to using it for everything that it can do but I am perfectly happy with it just as it is. Maybe at some point I will learn how to use it to make pizza dough. My friend uses hers for pizza dough all the time and says that it is great. I'm sure my kids would love it!

Cuisenart Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I love the small things about this food processor as well as the big things. It is powerful, pretty big, and the bowl sizes are great for getting a lot of stuff done in the kitchen. I also love things like the power cord retracting, and the case for the blades.

Safety
          There are holes to pull the blades out and the blades will lock in while pouring.

it is dishwasher safe, but sometimes food is hard to get out of the top.

• Ease of Assembly:

Mixes, knead, chops, purees!

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I love this machine! I got one about a year ago as a gift and at first, i was a little intimidated. Now, I use it for almost every meal! I barely even remember how to use a knife and cutting board anymore. It makes wonderfuk mashed potatoes, speeds up anything that needs to be minced and makes kneading dough a snap. I use it for everything from mincing garlic and onions to pureeing sauces, mixing up cookie doughs and kneading dough. I have even used it to make fruit smoothies! It is super easy to use and easy to clean . . . I just put the pieces in my dishwasher and voila!

Safety
          I think that this machine is very safe. You are not able to turn it on until everything is locked into place.

Goes into the dishwasher for easy cleaning. The only thing that I would not put into the dishwasher is the blades as i don't know if they would rust or not.

Seems to be made of durable materials . . . I have dropped the lid on the floor before (butter fingers!) and nothing was damaged.

• Ease of Assembly:

Real Workhorse in the Kitchen!

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor:

I used this Cuisinart for years after my stepfather bought it for me for a cooking/baking job I had at a small mission school in a southwestern state. Actually I think it was the slightly earlier edition of this unit, as this was a few years ago, but at the time he bought the best Cuisinart that was available. It proved invaluable. I cooked for up to 60-80 people per meal, and this thing was just a genuine workhorse. Maybe they aren't really made to be commercial machines, but I used it all the time, every day. I used it to make salads, of course, mix gravy bases, mix butter and sugar together, just all kinds of basic cooking tasks. It had an application for anything I could throw at it. I washed it myself, of course, wouldn't let the student workers touch it.....The machine I used worked to perfection only when all the parts were put togethe exactly as prescribed. It soon becomes automatic. I soon couldn't remember what I had done prior to having it! Cuisinarts really are the best, and completely worth buying. That particular machine lasted for years, it just never quit!