4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

Starts out great, but something went wrong, soo sad about this!

from Stella, MO

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

Wow--the first mixer I have had that could mix even MY cookie dough!
*As I am updating this, I am so sad that it went kaput! I hadn't even had it a year, and didn't use it a whole ton on anything horribly tough. It had so much power, loved the color, and how easy it was to use. I actually loved everything about it...until one day I went to use it and the beater kept falling out. I got a flashlight an looked up in where the beater goes to see what was wrong, and saw a split in the plastic housing that holds the beater in. Drat! There was nothing I could do, and had to just toss it. :/

Mixing Performance
Let's just say that I REALLY use a mixer! I use it for everything mixable, from egg whites to cookie dough, to royal icing. The royal icing itself literally burnt out 3 mixers I have had before this one. It can mix it with this mixer without even turning it all of the way up--in fact, I still haven't used the highest setting because it is so powerful! Don't let the dainty beaters fool you--they do the job

The beaters design make them much easier to clean (but less to lick off of the beaters!), and there are no tiny notches for batter to get stuck in. The mixer just requires a quick wipe down!

Wonderful to use, although a bit heavy for prolonged use. One issue I do have--if you don't use a DEEP bowl, you are going to have food flung all over. Even on the lowest setting this beater is so powerful that you have to be careful to not lift it while the beater is on.

I love the design! So many color choices, it's just plain fun! It has the added bonus of having a "seat" on it so you can actually set it down on the counter without it falling over.

So far it has held up to everything my kids and I have doled out. I have a daughter that has charity bake sales, so this mixer sees a LOT of use, way more than the average usage I would have. It has a solid case, sturdy cord, and the beaters are amazingly tough.

Amazing Product !

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I enjoy using it so much ! I especially love my hot pink color !
Very sturdy and easy to clean !
I love the digital readout display for the speed that you are on - just pressing the up or down button is so easy to increase or decrease speed ! It makes my kitchen look so great with the bright color. It can take on a big job - stronger than you think it is !

A powerful little mixer!

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this hand mixer because my other one finally broke after 10 years. This was a great price and the description sounded exactly what I needed. I bought Model HDM-100BKPC in black. The mixer is light weight and simple to use. I like how easy it is to insert and remove the attachments. There is a small diagram on the mixer to remind you how to insert correctly. It comes with dough hooks and a whisk attachments. The attachments are also easy to clean. This is definitely powerful. I think a little too powerful for the low speeds, though. My only wish is that it truly had a low speed. That's why I didn't rate this a 10.

Great For the Price

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I purchased the Cuisinart Power 5-speed hand mixer after the motor went out on another brand shortly after we purchased it. It is available in a several colors for the consumer to pick from. We looked at several other brands at the time. The mixer is not too heavy nor does it have a light, cheap feel. We do a lot of baking in the household and this mixer, for the price, is just the ticket!

Mixing Performance
While we have never tried to knead bread with the Cuisinart Power 5-speed hand mixer, it does do an excellent job of mixing stiff batters.

Very easy to clean. The beater release is easy to use.

The Cuisinart Power 5-speed hand mixer, handhold placement is great. Kudos to the designers for considering this in their overall development of this product.

The Cuisinart Power 5-speed hand mixer seems to us as one of the most durable hand mixers on the market. I can say it is the most durable we have ever owned.

Nifty little mixer!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I already have a big stand up mixer, so I was pleased with this smaller everyday mixer. It comes in a variety of colors (I have the white) and it's not too heavy or too light in weight. It feels sturdy! My only wish is that there was more variation between the five speeds. It goes from slow (and it could be slower!) to medium to super fast. There isn't much difference between the last few speeds. Otherwise a nifty, handy much used appliance in my house!

Mixing Performance
Very nice mixing performance.

So simple, and beaters can go in dishwasher

Put in the beaters and go!

Simple but nice design

Great! 2 years and works like new

Cuisinart hm-50 220 watts mixer better than hand mixing

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I purchased this mixer due to the high amount of batter I have been stirring by hand and my hand was getting tired. The mixer is fairly small and affordable- less than 30, plus it's by a company I trust to provide quality components. The mixer is very fast, but on the down side the slow speed is not too slow. In fact if you do not mix in a rather deep bowl, the mix could go flying everywhere. I found it odd since some items like pudding should be mixed at a slow speed. The mixer is fairly quiet and a normal conversation can be had, over the mixers motor. The cord provides enough length so that you can use he device w/o having to be directly next to the outlet. The blades are very easy to clean and can be tossed in the dishwasher as well. I recommend this product.

Too fast a mixer makes it less than useful

from Washington, DC

Comments about Cuisinart Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

Bought this recently and had to return it.  It is very powerful, as advertised, but it's too powerful - so much so that in the slowest speed it will fling anything that is too liquid out of the bowl.  Was impressed by the power of the motor, and the great beaters that are easy to clean and don't clog up food, and it's not a cheap looking hand mixer, but at the end of the day, I returned it due to the lack of a slow speed.  The point of having a 5-speed beater is to have versatility and be able to make several things with it, from thick cookie dough, to beating egg whites.  This mixer doesn't allow you to do so, but will frappe anything, and make you have to clean up your kitchen several times.  Kitchen Aid should look into this model and bring back the low 1 and 2 speeds into speeds that are slower and this would be a great buy.  I was also a bit disappointed that this mixer doesn't come with any additional attachments like dough hooks.  Other mixers come with it for the same price, so it would have made a difference in my decision to keep it or not.  If the only thing you want to do with a mixer is make meringue then this is one is for you, otherwise look for a mixer whose speeds serve many purposes.