Other Mixers:
KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer
Rca_2013_overall

KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer

KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer is the best out there

While first I must admit that I also own and love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer, there are just some things that I would rather use a hand mixer. And sometimes I would just rather use a hand mixer for easier clean up. Since I had a KitchenAid Stand Mixer I decided to buy a KitchenAid Hand Mixer. I chose the 9-Speed Ultra Plus Hand Mixer from KitchenAid and I truly do love this mixer. I love it so much that I started using it more than my stand mixer. It is so cersatile and very useful for small tasks. For example, if I make homemade mashed potatoes, I will nothing but my hand mixer. My husband hates the clumps in his potatoes and this hand mixer can get the job done. It is very light and portable. It is easy to use, durable, and very easy to clean. Definitely one of my best purchases.

Hand mixing done quickly!

A hand mixer can really save a lot of elbow grease when it comes to quickly mixing stuff. It also involves a lot less clean-up as compared to a stand mixer since the beaters and bowl can be quickly tossed into the dishwasher. I have the black **KitchenAid 9-Speed Ultra Power Plus Hand Mixer (KHM9P)** and once used it mostly for mixing cakes, brownies, and cookies. It came with regular beaters as well as dough hooks and a whisk beater. I never used the dough hooks, but the whisk beater is nice for beating egg white. The variable speed control is nice and easy to use. There is a digital display that shows the speed as well as an off button that can be used to quickly stop the mixer rather than having to shift down through all of the lower speeds. However, the only way to get to the highest speed is to start at 1 and move up through all of the other speeds one at a time. This can be annoying sometimes. Unfortunately, my hand mixer doesn't get much use these days since I seem to either skip it and just mix by hand or use my immersion blender. I still like having this mixer, but 9 speeds is probably a little overkill. The 7-speed version is just as good and costs a bit less, so if you don't really need all of the extras, I would recommend taking a look at that one instead.

A lot of power for a decent price!

from Millville, NJ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Cakes & Cookies
  • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

One strong reason why I purchased this mixer was the price, and the brand. All the products that I have previously purchased that were KitchenAid lasted a while, and worked well so I decided to stick with a trusted brand. The mixer was heavy to use and wore my arm out fairly quickly, so for long uses such as making meringues or anything that requires mixing for above five minutes, I would not recommend this mixer. Using this mixer for small, every day recipes such as pie filling, dough, or pancake batter, the mixer does the job very well. It is durable and mixes thoroughly. The speed is easy to adjust, and the beaters come out very easily with just a click from the button on top. Clean up is a breeze with this KitchenAid Hand Mixer, allowing you to wash the beaters and just wipe down the mixer with a clean rag. It is small enough to store in almost any decent sized spot. I would recommend this mixer for anyone looking for a quick use hand mixer.

I love it

from Morocco

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Moves While Mixing

• Cakes & Cookies
    • Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

Well it's a beautiful mixer I like it because it is process well . the worth was nice for such a well-liked brand. i'm terribly proud of my mixer and would recommend this to you.

Cheap and flimsy

from Flint, MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
    • Difficult to Store

• Meringue

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this because I didn't want to buy a standing mixer that would take up too much space in my tiny apartment. I didn't expect it to be too good, but I have to say I'm disappointed by how this product has performed. First off, the actual metal mixture parts are really difficult to take off. They get stuck, they aren't smooth, and things just don't really fit the way they are supposed to be. That makes it kind of difficult to clean as well. Sometimes I just wash it without detaching anything, but then it makes it really hard to store. As I said before, I don't have much room in my apartment and that makes it a real headache. Other than that, I feel this is just a standard hand mixer. It does the job, it's not extremely powerful, etc. The one thing I will say is that it's pretty quiet, so that's nice for not disturbing the neighbors. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this, but I'm not saying don't get it. It definitely mixes. There are just some little glitches that need to be overlooked if you want to get this.

Hand Mixer That Comes In Handy!

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

After suffering from arthritis, the common stirring of my pancake batter with a spoon just was not going to work for me anymore. That is when I made the purchase of the KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-speed Hand Mixer. Although, the speed for me did not really matter. As long as it was getting the batter whipped up, without irritating my wrist. That is what this mixer did. It works great. We are serial homemade pancake eaters, and this mixer makes it easy to get it done in no time. Where as before it took a while for me to get the batter stirred. My family is forever greatful to the makers of the KitchenAid Hand Mixer.

It as easy as popping the whisk off and putting them in the dishwasher. Although, a simple rinse can do the job as well. It is the most low maintenance appliance that we own in our kitchen.

I have literally used it countless times, and it works just as well as the first time. Which means this will be a long lasting device.

• Mixing Performance:

simple and easy to use beater

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9 Speed Hand Mixer is a great hand mixer, and very powerful as well. It has nine mixing speeds but I find that I never use any of the higher speeds because they go super fast, and end up making a mess everywhere so I stick to the lower to medium speeds when I am mixing.

I use this beater for baking, and making different kinds of batter. It makes it easier and more convenient then having to take out my big mixer, especially when I'm just going to make pancakes or waffle batter with it. I also like to use this beater to make cake, bread, and cookie dough as well. It completely blends everything, so there are never any lumps or bubbles in my batters.

It's very easy to clean because the beaters just pop out, and I prefer the compact beater because I can just store it in my drawer when I'm done with it.

Mixing Performance
    This is a very powerful mixer and never use it on any of the higher settings because it would make a mess everywhere. It completely blends everything I need it to, and makes everything smooth and even. It makes every thing I make the perfect consistency, and there are never any lumps or bumps in any of my batters.

You can either eject them and put them in the dishwasher, or wash them by hand with a sponge. But honestly I like to take a big enough bowl of soapy warm water and turn the mixer on, it gets rid of all the excess batter in the nooks and crannies without having to scrub it.

These kind of mixers are very easy and simple to use. You just have to pop the beaters into the machine, turn it on, pick the speed you want, and mix away. When your done the beaters are easy to pop off.

It's a simple beater design, nothing special at all, but it works the way it's supposed to.

It's well made and very durable. I've never had any problems with it. These types of beaters last forever as long as you take care of them.

Excellent hand mixer

from Richmond VA

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

This is one of the best hand mixers I have ever used! I found that not only did it have a ton of mixing power, it wasn't one of those mixers that goes crazy and gets away from you easily like so many others are. It is a great size for me, since I have really small hands, and it wasn't too heavy or anything. It made it a lot easier to mix all sorts of things, and I felt like I had a lot more control over it than I have had over other mixers.

Mixing Performance
    This worked so wonderfully with all the recipes I tried! I was so happy with how strong it was. It even mixed a really tough dough pretty easily.

It has some nooks and crannies that can be frustrating, but otherwise it is pretty easy to take care of.

This mixer is very easy to use, even if you have small hands and no upper body strength - like me!

I really like the design of this mixer. It looks really nice and it is easy to store.

This has put up with some seriously tough recipes here and there and it has held up great.

Super Strong Beaters

from Boston, MA

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

I love these beaters they work great. They are very strong so don't use the high setting until whatever you use them for is mostly mixed. I also don't use them on bread as I find they are so powerful you will get a lot of air in the batter. They clean up well whether you lick them clean and rinse or throw them right in the dishwasher. My only issue with them is the beaters are abnormally hard to remove. My grandmother has terrible arthritis and can't get them out to save her life. I have trouble too but if you hold the button down all the way and wiggle it should come out. I have used a little baking spray at times before I put the beaters in on the part of the beater that goes into the machine and that helps. They aren't too pricey if you go to target or walmart, don't go to a kitchen specialty store they are way more pricey.

Mixing Performance
    These are very powerful. Use on a low setting at first to properly blend or you will have your mixture everywhere but in the bowl. I don't use them for bread I think they are too powerful.

I just throw the beaters in the dishwasher and I'm good to go. It can't be easier than that.

These are very easy to use however I have some trouble getting the beaters out. My grandmother can't get them out at all as she has arthritis and it is very hard for her. I recommend holding down the eject button as hard as you can with your non dominant hand and then pulling without twisting or gently wiggling them out.

Standard design, very simple to use. Simple to store as well.

This is a very durable beater. I have never had to replace the beaters and I have owned it for about 2 years. It gets used about 3 times a week normally but during the holidays about 6 times a week as I bake a lot of presents.

• Mixing Performance:

An extremely great hand mixer

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

The kitchenaid ultra power plus nine speed hand mixer I think is by far the best I've ever owned. This thing is light on your arms for long duration mixing, but as powerful as you can find. I have both kinds of mixers, hand ones and the still ones with the bowls, but I have a soft spot for hand mixers because it reminds me of making stuff with my mom and now my kids are at the age that they help me. It has nine speeds which is great for the kids too because I can put it on a setting that won't leave my house covered in batter. It's very precise and powerful enough that I can beat egg whites or cream for a short period of time and make whipped cream, it's durable, easy to use for anyone and I have more fun using a mixer like this. It also makes me happy because for what I get out of it, i definitely consider this a great value. It comes in a couple of colors and extremely easy to detach and clean. Mixes easily through almost every consistency with ease. I would definitely recommend this to family and friends.

• Mixing Performance:

Love this more than my standing mixer!

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

I got this as a gift for my wedding. Mistakingly, my fiancé and I registered for both a standing mixer and this hand mixer. I was disappointed to receive both, as I thought it was a waste. However, this little gadget makes everything so much easier! Little things like whisking eggs or blending a sauce become so much easier with this little gadget. Things I'd normal do by hand, I just whip out this little guy and let it do the work for me. It's so nice to have this as an option.

I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product! It makes the little things so much easier. I never have had an issue with mixing anything with this. Everything from cookie dough to eggs blends up super easily with this mixer.

It's easy to clean, and comfortable to hold (even for a long period of time!)
    Honestly, since I've gotten it, I haven't used my standing mixer at all. I love this thing for everything!

• Mixing Performance:

Does everything a stand mixer does!

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this initially because I couldn't afford a stand mixer and also I didn't have enough space on my kitchen countertop to have a stand mixer on it. I was pleasantly surprised by how powerful this was. It has different mixing speeds for different types of baking needs and it does everything that a stand mixer does. Of course you have to hold it steady but I didn't have any trouble controlling it (I'm quite petite) or using it. It was a bit difficult when you have to kneed the dough for a long period of time but other than that you don't need to hold it for long. I would recommend it for people who think stand mixers for too expensive, or you don't bake too often or those who need to save the space on kitchen counter tops. Also it is easier to clean then stand mixers because everything comes off pretty easily.

I had this for 4 years and it's still working with no problems.