Other Mixers:
KitchenAid
KHM5AP
Rca_2013_value

KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer

Pros

• Even mixing (4)
  • Works quietly (4)

• Cakes & cookies (4)
  • Meringue (4)
  • Pies (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

KitchenAid makes a fabulous little hand mixer!

I registered for this handmixer when I got married. I have yet to be disappointed! The KitchenAid Ultra Power mixer is fabulous. It is simple and feels good in my hand when I use it. The mixers are easy to attach and detach. They also fit well in my dishwasher baskets, which is something I appreciate. It is easy to clean the unit if anything splatters, and the cord is easy to wrap and affix with the attached plastic cord wrap. The five speed feature is great, I have yet to need a speed which is not offered by this little handmixer. It does the job, and does it well. I love how small it is and how easy it is to store. When I do not want to go to the effort of getting the big stand mixer out, I reach for this little wonder and mix away. My kids are able to use it safely with supervision and it has performed flawlessly for years now. I would recommend this handmixer to anyone who wants a well-priced, quality handmixer.

Mixing Performance
Still greatafter 10+ years!

mixer attachments pop off and go into dishwasher, i wipe down the hand mixer with a damp cloth and I am done!

Great!

We have used this for 10 years with no signs of wear!

Should come in LEMON yellow!

My Mother-in-law gave me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer one year for Christmas.  I loved it, but, after nearly twenty years of baking for a large family I needed something smaller.  I chose the **Kitchen Aid hand mixer** assuming it would be the same great quality.  [You know what they say about assumptions!]At first it was great.  Its small size makes it convenient for storing and using at a moment's notice. The company claims it can handle a double batch of cookies but I have never taken them to task as I will pull out my stand mixer for that, but, the little engine's strength and **5 speeds** are powerful enough to handle most anything I throw at it.  The clever design has a **molded heel stand** that keeps it from toppling over when at rest.I like the **whisk type beaters** too. They clip in easily and release with a one step ejector button.  But, that is where the problem started.After just a couple months of use the plastic clips that hold the beaters in place broke on one side.  Since the mixer comes with a **one year warranty** I returned the mixer and the company  replaced it immediately.  The replacement mixer lasted until it was just out of warranty before it broke.  This time the company was not accommodating.  I still use it but it is a pain to keep the loose beater from coming out of the mixer each time I lift it out of whatever I am mixing.I know that any brand of appliance can have a lemon once in a while but two out of two?  Instead of white it should come in lemon yellow.

I needed to and I did this mixer blender Excellent

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

• Bread
    • Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer is probably the best mixer I have used to date. I have used this machine at least once a week for over a year to make a quick shake when I don't feel like using my blender. This device is powerful enough to assist me in my basic baking tasks. Even though this machine is powerful it doesn't keep up a lot of noise like some of the mixers I have used in the past. I wouldn't say that this device is quiet, but I can mix ingredients without startling anyone. I also like that cleaning the beaters for this machine is a very simple task that is completed in seconds. I just remove the beaters and rinse them off in the sink under hot water. I have done this routinely for the past year and the beaters show no signs of rusting. I would definitely recommend the KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer to anyone looking for a quality machine that performs better than its price tag.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Total amazing

from Fulda, germany

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• It doesn't need any effort to be cleaned easy.

• Bread
    • Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

Recently I have moved to a new not furnished apartment and I wanted to have a mixer to make different types of sweet's and I used to have one of those brand in my parents house and it was very easy to work with ! so I wanted to have the same oneIt's very easy to Handel and to be used,it works even with a normal heavy mixture, it doesn't take much place in storing, easy to clean only with a piece of cloth and then it's total clean.

Great Little Mixer!!

from Brighton, Ma.

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• None to date.

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I've had this mixer for a year now, & all I can say is that it is a great one!

It is a very brawny machine for the money! So far, I've made quite a few 7-Cakes with it, and it is still going strong as ever! I sometimes use it to supplement my stand mixer when I have more than one mixing job to do.

It really helps out in a big way! Mine is in a luscious orange color that I like very much!!
    Great product!

Awesome

from Florida

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

My husband bought me this as a gift and I love it. I have always used heap hand mixers and this one was definitely worth it. It misleading well and is just overall easy to use and clean

KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer - so far, so good

from York, Pa

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this around the holidays when my ten year old Hamilton Beach mixer broke down. I've used if for several desserts since then and it seems to mix well and be easy to use.

Mixing Performance
      I've used the mixer a half dozen times for cakes and pies and everything mixes up easily and quickly.

This mixer is easy to pop the beaters out and throw then into the dishwasher. The only thing else you need to do is wipe off the mixer itself.

This mixer is so much easier to use than a big bulky stand model. And it mixes just as well for the desserts I've tried. It beats cake batter and pie fillings quickly and thoroughly.

The only negatives I can find with this mixer is the beaters seem flimsy and not very heavy. My old model had sturdier beaters that seem to be able to mix harder and last longer so we will see. And sometimes they give me trouble popping them in and out of the mixer.

I've only owned this model for a month so I can't comment on durability yet.

Wonderful mixer!

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I just got this mixer for Christmas and so I have not used it very long. But I have used it 3 times already and I love it! I asked my husband to get me one because my previous one gave out on me while I was making frosting. I had a Hamilton Beach mixer and I loved it but I went through them every few years. I would have to buy a new one. So my husband decided to get me a better one. I wasn't sure about the beaters since the wires look more flimsy than the thicker ones I had before. But I was happy to discover that they are just as strong as the others. The mixer it's self seems very strong and I think it will last me for a while! I was very happy with my purchase! I would recommend this to any of my friends!

Mixing Performance
      I was very happy with this mixers performance!

The beaters can be a pain to clean just make sure you rinse them immediately after using them and don't let them dry out!

This is a really easy to use mixer!

I love the design of this mixer!

This mixer is very durable and good quality!

KitchenAid Ultra Power 5 Speed Mixer is an Asset to my Kitchen

from wrightstown

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer is probably the best hand mixer I have ever used. When I do not want to pull out my full size KitchenAid for a quick and easy job, I reach for this one. It is powerful and mixes just as well as the full size. It is not loud.The mixer and the beaters clean up easily. It is very easy to use and does not take up much storage space. It has a nice modern design and the KitchenAid name always implies durability and a quality product. It is great for beginner cooks and advanced cooks as well. It is lightweight and easy to handle and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hand mixer that stands up to the test of mixing most anything. I really like this hand mixer.

Mixes ingredients smoothly

Very easy to clean, just remove beaters and wash

Simple to use

Nice modern design

Very durable

Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

This is a very good and very powerful hand mixer. I bought this item in addition to my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, so I could have something that is quick and easy to use. It is so easy to use, a beginner or a an expert cook can use it without any problems. If I have to just mix something that will only take two to three minutes, I will pull this handy little mixer out and use it instead of putting together and dirtying up my stand mixer (which is pretty heavy). This has 5 different speeds you can adjust to, for whatever speed you may need, depending on what you may be mixing. It is small enough to store in my drawer once it is disassembled, and it is very easy to put together and also to clean. You just have to take the mixing whisks off and wash them, and if you get anything on the hand mixer, just wipe it off with a wet cloth. I am very pleased with this product, and would highly recommend this to anyone.

Not very powerful

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

This is one of the first hand mixers I ever owned. I bought it because I love this brand. However, I was disappointed in the performance of this hand mixer. It has five different speeds, however, there is not much difference in the speeds. The most powerful speed is very similar to a medium speed. I did not feel like mine had enough power. The beaters were nice and it was durable. Mine still works after two years. However, I have had to buy a different brand due to this brand not being powerful enough. I did not feel like it got the job done. The price isn't bad though.

Mixing Performance
      It just was not powerful enough for me. I cook all the time and bake frequently. The highest speed on this one did not get the job done for me.

It was easy to clean. The beaters can come out and be easily washed by hand. I do not put mine in the dishwasher.

It is easy to use. However, it does not mix things well which makes baking more difficult.

The design isn't bad. It isn't too big and fits well in your kitchen.

Mine still works but I do not use it frequently. I have owned it for about two years.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer:

I purchased this KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-speed Hand Mixer because I needed a small mixer from time to time. I have a stand Kitchen Mixer and love it! So, I figured I would spend the extra money a hand mixer would cost instead of purchasing a less expensive hand mixer model. The multi speed levels worked great! The power cord is plenty long enough to stay out of the way when it is being used. The eject button works well. The button for the different speeds worked fine. That is where the good points stopped. The area where you insert the beaters is plastic and they broke easily despite being careful. Before the inserts broke, I discovered while using the beaters, the dough, raw eggs, etc., would spiral up the beaters and gather under the mixer bottom. it was a mess. I can only guess that this was due in part to the design of the beaters, wide at the bottom and narrow at the top, which could cause this to happen. I was very disappointed with this hand mixer. I didn't bother exchanging the mixer while it was still under warranty. That wouldn't have solved the problem with the batter, etc., winding its way up the beaters. I went out and bought another inexpensive hand mixer and had no further problems.