Other Mixers:
KHM7TWH, KHM7TOB, KHM7TER
KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer

KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer

• Mixing Performance:

This is one fantastic hand mixer!

When my hand mixer that I got as a wedding gift would no longer work, I decided to look at KitchenAid because I have their stand mixer and have had  satisfactory results with it.  Anyhow, when I went shopping I saw the KitchenAid 7 Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Model KHM7T.  It was a "Cook for the Cure" model in pink to support breast cancer research.  I did not look any further and purchased the pink KitchenAid hand mixer.  I used my mixer the very next day.  First, I noticed that it has a very wide and sturdy base to stand on when you need to add ingredients or to scrape the bowl and you can be sure that it will not tip over.  I love that it has 7 speeds so that you can gradually increase the speed when you begin beating your ingredients without flour flying out of the bowl.   I have since used this mixer for many different things--from making frosting to mixing up cake batter to whipping up potatoes and to making a cookie dough that was heavier--and the KitchenAid handles everything I asked it to do without groaning, bogging down or slowing down.  This mixer is very quiet and does not make a lot of noise while you are using it.  It is a bit pricey, but it definitely is worth everything I paid for it.  This is one fantastic hand mixer!

Not worthy of the Kitchen Aid Name.

I bought this mixer for two reasons: One. It is a Kitchen Aid mixer and Two. It is Pink! I thought it was so cute but now I have learned that, just like with cars, you don't buy it just because it is a pretty color. There isn't as much power as I would have hoped for. I am always trying to hit the "Turbo" button that was on my last hand mixer, but there is no Turbo button on this model! I need it to go just a bit faster to really get the whip in my whipped cream. The beaters themselves are thin and flimsy. They are more the thickness of a whisk then a beater. Save up your money and just buy the real Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and you will be so much happier! This little hand mixer may be cute but it is not a Kitchen Aid in my opinion.

I would buy for a friend

from Drakesboro, Ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Works Quietly

• Cakes & Cookies
    • Meringue
    • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this mostly because it looked sturdy and would match my kitchen. I was wary about it not being a traditional stand base mixer but I absolutely love it! I can mix out of any bowl and it does its job better then mixers I have bought in the past.

In Love!

from North Carolina

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Easy To Assemble
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

• Cakes & Cookies
      • Meringue
      • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

My previous mixer almost caught on fire so I needed another one. My mother bought me this KitchenAid mixer as a gift for Christmas. I am so glad that she did. It is the quietest hand mixer that I have ever seen. I can even use it with my kids taking a nap. The mixer is smooth and powerful enough to mix a large batch of frosting without slowing down. From now on this will be my go to hand mixer.

I love my Kitchen Aid Ultra Power Hand Mixer

from Pennsylvania

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

I use this mixer all the time. It is so much easier to assemble and clean than a big bulky stand mixer and it does just as good a job. I can mix custards, cakes and pie fillings in minutes.

Mixing Performance
      This is probably my most used appliance and it gets the job done. It's fast and easy to mix batter and making home made whipped cream is fast and effortless.

All you have to do is pop the beaters out of the mixer, wipe off the appliance and you are ready to go. It doesn't get much easier than that.

You don't have to read the manual to figure out how to use this mixer. All the buttons are self explanatory and simple to use.

This mixer is small and compact yet does the job of a large stand model. It's easy to store and doesn't take up a lot of space.

I just bought this mixer a few months ago so I can't comment on durability but other Kitchen Aid appliances have proved to be long lasting and reliable in my kitchen.

• Mixing Performance:

Love the several speed option mixer

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

This mixer has 7 different speeds ranging from a slow mix to a super fast whipping mode. It will whip within seconds, much faster then a lot of other products. It slowly increases in speed making it easy to maintain control. Would def recommend this for starters or pros.

Mixing Performance
      Excellent mixing. You can use it to mix, beat, whip and anything in between. Always end up with a smooth product with no lumps or chunks.

The mixers just pop off with the easy click of a button. Dishwasher safe too. Very simple to assemble and disassemble.

Very convenient to change speeds with the push of a button as the mixer is going. Eases into new speed simple yams smoothly. Great for someone who is just starting out in the kitchen or a pro in the kitchen.

Simple design that is basic very easy to use.

Very sturdy and durable I have had mine several years and use it often. Had no problems in anyway still looks brand new.

I love this hand mixer!

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

I bought this as a gift for my mother for Christmas last year and I ended up using it more than she did! I am a self taught baker and I bake a lot of cakes, cookies, and other desserts for other people. I even make my own icing and this is perfect for mixing up some homemade icing. I use this mixer every single time! It's easy to hold while in use and it is easy to operate. It has definitely held up over this last year. We use it at least 3x a week. I am getting married this summer and that was one of the first things I insisted on going out and buying for my new kitchen!

The beaters are a breeze to clean and I occasionally have to wipe down the mixer itself (depending on how messy I get while mixing). It's a lot easier to clean than some of the other hand mixers I've used in the past.

This mixer looks so sleek and awesome! I bought the red one for both my mother and I. I am in love with the way it looks!

Compact yet Packs a Powerful Punch

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

Sometimes my stand mixer is too much and I simply need something light and quick to whip up potatoes and cookie dough. Oh the egg whites I have beaten with this mixer! There are so many things to love about this mixer from the fact that it is easy to maneuver to it being easy to clean. It is efficient and fairly quiet. I listen to music when I cook so it’s nice not to have to turn up my Pandora when I’m using this mixer. This mixer also has the option to add accessories such as bread hooks. The beaters are really easy to clean. No worries about the batter sticking to the beaters or even worse binding up and getting stuck in the beaters. It features a one touch speed control and a slow start option that eliminates splatter. My only complaint would be the top speed. The top speed could be faster. But it's powerful enough to get the job done! It is a little expensive for a hand mixer but with a name like Kitchen Maid, it is worth the price.

• Mixing Performance:

A great little mixer, gets the job done.

from Grimes, IA

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have owned this mixer for several years now, and I love it. It is light weight and compact so easy to store. It can be used with one had, easy to mix and change setting as you mix. Easy to put beaters in and one button to release. I love that it comes so many colors to get one to match your kitchen decor. i got mine in red, and it matches my big mixer and my red white and blue decor.

Mixing Performance
      Does it freat job, gets the job done.

Just whip clean with a damp cloth.

Light weight and easy to use.

Basic design, looks nice.

I have had mine for several years and no problems.

• Mixing Performance:

Not worthy of the Kitchen Aid Name.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

Works great for a small mixer!

from New Lenox, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

Since I have not been able to afford a big counter top mixer, I decided to buy this hand held mixer. Since Kitchen Aid is a trust worthy and awesome brand, I knew that this would work for me. I started making my cookies for Thanksgiving and wow did this little mixer help me out! I could not be happier with this!

performs well for its price

from Daytona Beach, FL

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer:

I like this mixer very much, although I will say right now that you may want to purchase a stronger mixer if you make some "exotic" desserts. Let me explain. Sure if simply making a cake here and there and you are making some very simple foods then this mixer will get you by without a problem. But if you are making items that require a certain consistency and at times require a certain time frame where you need that consistency, then this mixer might not be for you and you may want a more powerful mixer. At times I feel that this mixer is not that strong and although I have never had it get stuck, I certainly noticed slowdowns and sluggishness. The motor is not as strong as I would have liked, but I suppose I got what I paid for. For the price it is certainly not a bad mixer, although it will not perform up to your expectations if making complex Swiss meringue or French meringue. Just my opinion of course, feel free to disagree.