3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Not for beginners!

Once you figure out how it works, the coffee tastes great! It does everything it says it will do, but it's complicated. If you've never had one of these before and have only ever had a basic machine, don't even bother reading the "Quick Start" thing. It's useless.

Brew Performance
Once you figure it out, the coffee is the best! It stays hot for hours.

I haven't even figured out what all these parts are, much less how to remove them or clean them. Many, many pieces. I understand I am supposed to clean out the grinder shute every few days...too bad I don't know what that is or where to find it, or what I am supposed to clean it with.

Even the carafe, which should be simple, is complicated. There's a cover, then there's another piece under that. One that looks like it could be removed so you can access and clean the inside, but not only does it NOT come off easily, it's hard to line up exactly right so you can put it back together. I struggled with it for some time knowing it was supposed to come off, but hoping I didn't break one of the sensitive looking parts as I pushed and pulled to loosen it. It wasn't just the first day break-in, either. That screw in piece fits very tightly.

Complicated! It will beep at you if you've done something wrong, but it won't tell you WHY it's beeping.

I'm going to give it a seven because it looks like a solid machine, but I haven't had mine long enough to know any different. All the complicated pieces and the button that releases the basket make me nervous about going any higher than that.

Not really worth the trouble.

While a great idea in theory to have a coffee maker that has an automatic grind feature, the maintanence and process of actually making a pot of coffee is more effort than separately grinding the coffee beans in a grinder and loading the basket manually.  Periodically, the chute that the grinds are pushed through must be cleaned out.  This requires removing the hamper holding the beans from the top of the coffee maker.  This is a real problem because due to the dysfunction of the "chute valve" the beans fall out of the hamper onto the countertop.  What a hastle before coffee in the morning!  The basket has a complicated "lid" feature for which a rubber piece tore early on.  This effects the efficiency of the grinds going into the basket and also makes a big mess with ground coffee in the works.   Early in the morning, you always know when the coffee is being put on because the grinder is really loud!  I have gone to using ground coffee, just loading the basket myself and ignoring the grinder feature alltogether.

Not for beginners!

Brew Performance
Once you figure it out, the coffee is the best! It stays hot for hours.

Exceptional coffee maker

from Elmont, NY

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I can’t say enough good things about this coffee maker. I’ve had mine for about 4 years and I absolutely love it. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for hours, it’s easy to use and to clean. I love that you can grind your own beans or use pre ground coffee. I like to make my own blends of coffee and I’ve honestly never made a bad cup of coffee with this machine.

• Brew Performance:

Serious Coffee Drinkers, Buy Cuisinart Grind & Brews!

from Dixon, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart Grind & Brew holds 1/2 lbs of whole coffee beans in the hopper on top of the coffee machine. You can select how many cups of coffee you want to brew, even if you filled it up to the max of 12 cups of water. Then you can set it to brew 6 cups of coffee only if you like. It also has a strength controller, so how do you like your coffee? Light, medium or dark! It's a wonderful brewer and this one is the best one out there. Easy to clean compared to the older model. I love fresh brewed coffee in the morning from my
Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker DGB-900BC.

The best Grind & Brew out of 3 I've tried

from Roanoke, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This machine is absolutely incredible and even looks great on my countertop. It's the third Grind & Brew machine I've tried since 2004, including one of Cuisinart's early models. I bought this one in 2008 and it has outlasted the others and still operates as if it's brand new. Cleaning is much easier than early models and the brew strength option actually works. The burr grinder is the absolute best when it comes to taste for serious coffee lovers. Once you try a burr grinder you will never go back to a blade grinder. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee warm for hours and is worth the extra money versus the glass carafe. I love that I can brew everything from 2 cups to 12 and that the grinder part of the machine also acts as bean storage. I'm so much in love with this coffee maker that I have given it as a wedding gift! It's often the topic of conversations once guests try a cup of coffee from my coffee maker. This is a must buy!

The Cuisinart Fully Automatic is a sturdy, reliable coffee maker

from Gastonia, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

If you're looking for a coffee maker that can grind your coffee beans and then make coffee from them, the Cuisinart Fully Automatic is a good bet. As with the majority of kitchen appliances that actually work, it's fairly large, heavy, and costs more than most people are comfortable paying for a coffee maker. (I suggest keeping a lookout for Black Friday sales.)

The big down sides to this machine are that it's large, costly, and really needs to be close enough to a sink for efficient filling and cleaning. However, if you drink coffee every day or even most days, I'd really recommend investing the money and space to get a sturdy, high quality one like this one. The convenience is worth it.

On the up side, it's relatively quiet for a grinder / coffee machine, it looks incredibly cool, and, provided you clean it occasionally, it actually does bring out more flavor from the beans than any other machine I've used. (Fair warning - That may or may not be a good thing, depending on your beans.)

Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker

from Radnor, PA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I purchased this coffeemaker as a gift for myself. I wanted to have the great coffee that you get from grinding your own beans and the convenience of a coffeemaker that I could set to brew automatically in the morning all in one place. Also I really liked the brushed chrome and black because it matches other Cusinart appliances I own. So I was excited to purchase this coffeemaker, but am not so much anymore. Although the coffee is great, the cleanup and maintenance offset the advantages of using the grinder. The problem is the condensation that accumulates in the grinder during the brewing cycle, which leaves a mess because of the residual coffee grounds in the grinder. So I spend alot of time cleaning the coffeemaker after I have used it. This has turned me off from using the cofeemaker often. Aside from this, it's really noisy during the grinding phase.

the Cuisinart DGB-900BC would be great if it actually worked

from West Chester, PA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I have had to return two of these models. Maybe I just got 2 lemons but I am not willing to take a chance on this thing again. I had the older model for years until the grinder stopped working and then the coffee maker stopped altogether. This model Cuisinart DGB-900BC has stopped working after just a few weeks of use. It is a beautiful machine and the carafe works great. The grinder is nice and grinds well but it does seem to allow too much steam after making the coffee. I can't recommend this model but I hope they improve.

just ok

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I really love cuisinart products. When I purchased this coffee maker I was excited but quickly became a little frustrated. There is not enough control on the strength of the coffee. There is a mild, medium and bold but the mild is not really mild. Also the Carafe it comes with pours VERY slow and ends up spilling. I still love the look and it is usable but probably would not purchase again.

Cuisinart makes good coffee!

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

My old coffee maker broke a few months back so I was in the market for a new coffee maker when I came along Cuisinart's coffee maker, it was on sell so I decided, hey why not. And boy was it the right choice, it is so easy to use and brews the coffee really well, I drink coffee every day so I was really happy that it works so well. It is also very easy to wash and has a nice color. I also like it because it is also very light and portable, because I like to put the coffee maker away when I am done with it so it doesn't make the kitchen look messy. I will probably be buying one for my friend who also loves coffee, for christmas. This coffee maker really gets the job done it a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend that you purchuse one right away, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for quality, the go to amazon and buy a Cuisinart Burr grind and Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker. :)

Cuisinart's grind and brew coffee maker is reliable and durable.

from Hudson, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart coffee maker that grinds and brews is a wonderful experience to start the day with. The programable clock allows the coffe to be ground and brewed at a specific time to ensure hot coffee when waking up. The removable parts include a water fliter, coffee filter basket, reuseable coffee filter and caraffe. The coffee maker uses a beep sound to signal when coffee is optimally ready though has a pause and serve function. This function allows for serving while the coffee is still brewing, wihck can really help speed things up. Cleaning is easy though, unfortunately, it's stilll cleaning. However the Cuisinart coffee maker is dishwasher safe on upper or lower racks. Qualities that take some getting used to include acclimating to the grinder's noise (which can be awkward for after dinner coffee with company over) and allowing for extra time in the day for the maintenance of washing and drying all the parts. Overall, expect the Cuisinart coffee maker to last a really long time.