Other Coffee Makers:
DGB-650BC
Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker

Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker

• Brew Performance:

Great Coffee, but cleaning is troublesome

This coffee maker is great and I'd have given it 5 stars, but it's a nightmare to clean and dry inbetween making pots.  The parts for grinding the beans need to be cleaned after every pot (or, at least before your next pot) because the parts collect coffee grounds which will adversely affect the quality of subsequent pots.  After thorough cleaning,  the parts need to be dried so that all of the grinds from the beans you measured to make cups of coffee you want get into the filter and don't get stuck in the "wet" grinder.  If all things are done correctly, you'll get yourself a damn good cup of coffee.  On another note, just like all coffee caraffes, the bottom will inevitably become black and the hole on the top is too small for me to get my hand into to scrub clean.  My next step will to try that CLR stuff you see on telemercials.

Works well, but LOUD

I used the Cuisinart coffee maker when I was staying with my mother in law, on vacation. She owned this model, and she said she loved it, has had it for years. What I liked about it was the sleek design and the black and stainless steel look, which goes with anything, usually. I likes that the carafe was NOT glass, like most coffe makers, but stainless steel,. which kept the coffee hot, longer, too! I also think it was easy to use, and the settings were not hard to figure out, when never had been using this one before. What I did NOT like was how loud it was. Man, it woke the whole house up when it was grinding at 6am! Theres no way to make it quieter so you either wait for everyone to be up, of wake them up making your coffee. I decided I would probably not buy this model , for that reason alone.

The fresh ground coffee does taste wonderful

Nothing hard to learn how to set it

The stainless steel carafe will last longer than glass

Truly awesome

from Spring Hill,FL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
  • Loud

• Everyday

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I like the taste of fresh ground coffee. I hated having to grind in one and transfer to a brewer. When these hit the market I was super excited. I absolutely love it. I'd only change how loud it is.

Great Drip Brew

from lewiston, me

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Stylish

• Everyday
    • Home

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I absolutely adore my Cuisinart coffee maker. I drink at least 3 cups of coffee per day, and between my fiancé and I we go through a pot every day.

The design is clean, fits mostly any type of counter space that you may have, and is easy to clean and maintain.

I have not had much experience with the built-in grinder, as I was gifted a standalone Cuisinart coffee grinder that I use for my whole-bean coffee.

Be aware, though: If you do not put a part in completely, the machine will beep continuously until the part is in completely. Be sure to not lose parts (meaning the grinder), because then your machine will be rendered practically useless.

This is a good coffee maker with a few exceptions.

from New Port Richey Fl

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This being the 1st style that I bought, is very attractive on the counter. The thermal Carafe is a great Idea, although ,the pouring performance is poor, being that the design of the Carafe, to keep the coffee hot, allows only a small opening at the spout to pour therefore causing the coffee to pour very slowly.Also the Carafe is a bit heavy to hold especially when it is full and is difficult to clean the inside because of the small opening at the top. The Grinder is is a bit loud,but the coffee brews quickly. The grinder Mechanism at the top needs to be cleaned at least once a week as it gets clogged up pretty fast and it takes awhile to clean it. The grind,brew timers,strength settings, perform well.

Brews Quickly

The inside of the Carafe is very difficult to clean because of the small opening at the top.

not very easy to use the Carafe it is heavy when full and pours slowly.

Good design and I like that all the controls are at the top of the Maker.

No worries about breaking the Carafe.

• Brew Performance:

Outbeats all of my previous coffee makers.

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This has a nice sleek design, very appealing, convenient and easy to use.

Brew Performance
    Some of the best coffee I have made. My partner is addicted. Freshly ground beans just seem to make a stronger smoother cup of coffee.

I love the way the compartments swing out. Much easier than my last one.

So easy and great instruction book to help.

Sturdy and sleek. Now I don't have to look at that nasty old stained glass pot.

Pretty hard to break stainless steel.

Good buy overall

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

It's a good machine to use. The price is good. I would more than likely recommend this coffee maker to my friends and family. I especially like the fact that it grinds the whole bean coffee, which there it's nothing better than a fresh ground cup of coffee.

Usage is no problem except that the coffee builds up when grinding the beans. The ground coffee needs to be manually cleared. It has to be checked every time before each new use which can be a nuisance when trying to get ready in the morning. Otherwise it is pretty much a good machine.

• Brew Performance:

Great grinder, decent coffee maker

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I have a love/hate relationship with this coffee maker. I love the grinder and the metal filter but the lid on the carafe clogs up too easily and every now and then, after starting the brew, you will come back to a counter covered in coffee, even after a thorough cleaning.

Other than the clogging issue, I love it. Grinds perfectly, comes with a handy mesh filter so thats one less thing you have to buy. The carafe is insulated so well that the pot is still steaming at the end of the day.

One change I would make is for it to not default to grinder. You currently have to push a button to turn the grinder off for each brew if you are using pre-ground coffee.

Brew Performance
    Brews great, does the job.

Most of the time, cleaning is really easy but every now and then the lid on the carafe clogs and coffee gets spilled everywhere

Simple one button brew (two if you arent grinding)

Love the way it looks, sleek and the button layout is nice

Ive never thrown it across a room or dropped it off the roof but Im assuming its fairly durable

Cuisinart Grind and Brew

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This ten cup coffee maker is great for fresh coffee. It brews quickly and the coffee always tastes great. It's also really easy to clean. The reason for a good and not very good review is because sometimes the thermal carafe doesn't keep the coffee warm enough.

Bought it again!

from Lake Mills, WI

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker makes the best tasting cup of coffee, from home, that I've ever had. A couple months ago, my Grind and Brew, which was 4-years old, began leaking from the bottom. So, I went on a search to replace it. After reading reviews, I came back to the conclusion that this was still the best choice. I also was happy to buy the unit with the thermal carafe because it keeps coffee warm for so long. I find it still very drinkable after 3-4 hours, post-brew. I also like the idea that I don't have to worry about forgetting to turn off a heating element under the pot... just all around safer. I found they upgraded the cup meter on the side, which is nice, as it is much easier to view. Another pleasant change they made was to the water well. It is easier to accurately pour water into the unit without spilling. If you do use the grind feature, it can be a little tiresome to keep clean. Also, a lot of condensation catches in the grind lid, even when you use pre-ground coffee. So there is a little daily maintenance involved. In the end, I find the extra tasks to be well worth it since I get such a high quality cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
    Best cup of coffee from home. Brews quickly.

Grinder unit needs to be cleaned after each use to avoid clogging and keep dry.

Works well, but LOUD

The fresh ground coffee does taste wonderful

Nothing hard to learn how to set it

The stainless steel carafe will last longer than glass

• Brew Performance:

Awesome maker- great freshly ground, immediately brewed coffee

from Wakefield, RI

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee pot - stays piping hot for hours after brewing. Only drawback is you must clean it and DRY IT COMPLETELY before brewing or grounds can build up.

If you don't dry it off completely the grounds will stick to the unit.

We have found that if you pull the pot out to pour coffee while it is still brewing, sometimes it overflows.