3.9
Crest
Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint

Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint

3.9

LOVE LOVE LOVE Crest Pro Health!

I like to have clean teeth - who doesn't?  I usually do not buy toothpaste because my mother is a dental hygienist - she has always supplied me with free samples.  Even so, there have always been one or two types of toothpaste that I really love to use.  My first love was Colgate Total Whitening.  I used that brand for years without trying anything else. If my mom did not have any of that as a free sample, I'd buy it at the store.

About a year ago, my mom gave me free samples of Crest Pro Health Clean Mint toothpaste.  I tried it and fell in love!  Crest Pro Health is awesome.  It has all of the attributes you would want in a toothpaste - it fights cavities, prevents gingivitis, whitens teeth, and freshens breath.  In addition, the taste is great!  Some toothpaste flavors make me gag or are overpowering, but Crest Pro Health's flavor is just right.  I like it even better than my first love, Colgate Total Whitening.

Crest Pro Health is hands down one of the best out there.  LIke I said, I won't buy many toothpastes because I can get toothpaste for free, but Crest Pro Health is a toothpaste that I wouldn't want to live without, so I'd buy it again and again despite the free samples!

Tastes Awful...

I bought this toothpaste because it was on sale and I like to try different and new kinds of toothpaste.  The first time I brushed with this toothpaste I could barely finish brushing.  The taste was awful and had a urine type smell/taste (not that I'd know from experience, but smell correlated)!  My husband thought it was fine, so I let him use the rest of the tube.  I like most Crest toothpastes, but this one is not for me!  After I did finish brushing I felt that I needed to brush again because I didn't have that clean fresh breath feeling (obviously).  It wasn't minty enough for me.  I do LOVE the Crest Scope Oulast toothpaste in mint, so I'm not totally against Crest, just the Pro-Health toothpaste in particular.  I would think the little crystal type pieces in the toothpaste would help somewhat remove plaque, but I'll let other people who like the toothpaste decide that.  My preference is any other tootpaste besides Crest Pro-Health.

Crest Pro Health Toothpaste is a good value

from Columbiaville, MI

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste is a fluoride toothpaste for anti-cavity, anti-gingivitis and sensitive teeth. The tube I purchased had a net weight of 4.2 oz (119 g). It has a flip top and although convenient as compared to screw off tops, had a few issues. The "hinges" broke within a few days, making it somewhat difficult to replace the cap. I also didn't like how extra toothpaste ended up on the larger diameter of the cap causing a messy appearance. Slight design flaw. The toothpaste itself did a decent job. The mint flavor was not overly strong and left my mouth and breath feeling minty clean. The price was comparable to that of similar products of other manufactures. The expiration date on the end of the tube is also easy to read for anyone who uses a stockpile system with health and beauty items. Coupons are usually readily available, so no need to ever pay retail price.

A Great Pro-Health Gel

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

All I can say is that this toothpaste is welcome in my home all the time. Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint really gets deep into your teeth and gums and really cleans. the gel feels really good on your gums and the mint is a nice plus for freshness.

Excellent...Meets Standards

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

I wanted to find something that worked as good as Sensodyne but with a fresher taste. I was always felt like my breath wasn't too fresh after using the only sensitive teeth brand that seemed to be around. I was glad when I saw this cause I love Scope. This is just as effective but with that minty tingle that I like. Oh, and it costs less. I have very sensitive teeth since having my two children and I also have one tooth that is an implant. The tooth next to the implant is very sensitive and this toothpaste is the ONLY one on the market that could alleviate the pain when I would have it otherwise. My dentist suggested I try it and I am so glad she did! I use it every day faithfully and have never looked back!

Pastiest Paste

from Nutley, NJ

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

Strange texture, odd flavor.

Much like my unliked Crest Pro Health Rinse, the CREST Pro Health Toothpaste came in a three pack bundle at the warehouse store. Please only purchase one tube if buying for the first time.

The formula is unlike any other toothpaste. The base is a dryish, gummy paste with sandy, abrassive particles suspended in the blue hued goo. As you brush, the combination of water and paste blend into a stickier and pastier emulsion of difficult to rinse out gritty guck. Trace amounts will be stuck to the roof of the mouth and in between gums. It is important to rinse repeatedly and thoroughly. Otherwise it will leave behind a layer of film. And flavor. This does not have a good minty taste. This is slightly metallic, almost caustic with a sprig of spearmint.

I will use until I finish up the trio then I will seek out a much better alternative. I would NOT recommend this product.

Pro Health tries to do too much

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

I have been dealing with sensitivity in my teeth for several years.  I mostly get it when drinking icy drinks or eating ice cream.  But i'm not about to give up ice cream any time soon, and lukewarm drinks in the summer?  Nope!  When i started using anti-sensitivity toothpastes, i found that some of them really lacked in necessary ingredients for keeping my teeth and gums really healthy.  I also found that most whitening toothpastes were way too harsh and probably just made the sensitivity worse.  I thought that Pro Health sounded like a good idea because it combined pretty much everything i needed - anti-sensitivity, a whitener, anti-plaque, and anti-gingivitis.  The problem i've found, though, is that it wasn't as good at keeping my teeth from reacting to the cold.  Even cold air in the winter can hurt if i'm not careful!  It whitened well and i'm sure the other ingredients did well for my teeth and gums, but it just wasn't as good for sensitivity as i need it to be.

It burns my mouth! Mint is WAY too strong!

from Carrboro, NC

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

I really want to like this product.  I wanted it to be a good product.  Sure, it works fine and gets the job done... but as it does IT BURNS MY MOUTH!  I may be overly sensitive but I can't keep this toothpaste in my mouth long before it actually stings.  My husband can last a little longer but he also reports that it burns.  I really miss Crest's Vanilla Mint variety, since it was the right balance of mint but they have discontinued that item.  I liked this item because it covered a lot of the bases, including whitening, sensitivity, strengthens enamel, prevents cavities.  But ultimately, I really can't get over the fact that the mintiness of the toothpaste burns and stings.  I would not recommend this items unless you have a strong tolerance for mintiness (such as with mouthwashes, i.e. I don't use Listerine for the same reason).  If you are even a little bit sensitive to mint or in general, find something else.

Tastes Awful...

from Vacaville, CA

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

Crest is very healthy, tasty too

from Watsonville, CA

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

Unlike other toothpastes, you can actually feel this one working while it is in action. It has little microbes or something that grind up against the teeth, so you can tell it's doing some work. The minty taste is not too strong so it's overall a good balanced product. But toothpaste alone obviously won't help, you have to remember also to floss. Not sure about their whitening products and such. Before using this toothpaste, I had a lot of problems with yellow teeth but now it's all fine and dandy, needless to say it did its job. As far as price, it is a bit more costly than others but it's well worth it. Cheaper does not always mean better and when it comes to your health, this toothpaste is worth forking up the little bit of extra dough. Color is color, the blue is a bit gross to some but I didn't mind it at all. I've had colored toothpastes all of my life so no big deal. Other than that, its a decent size so it lasts a long time.

Crest Pro Health Toothpaste Clean Mint has too much grit

from Denver, CO

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

I tried a sample of the Crest Pro Health Toothpaste Clean Mint from my dentist.  Boy, am I glad I didn't actually pay for it myself.  The paste is extremely gritty and exceptionally foamy, which makes it hard to keep brushing for a minute or more without needing to rinse right away.  I have to rinse 3-5 times to make my mouth feel clean again.  In addition, the Clean Mint flavor has an odd aftertaste that is not minty at all.   It almost reminds me of a baking soda toothpaste, or some other sort of chemical aftertaste.  Another concern is that the package says it contains stannous fluoride, which may cause some staining on your teeth.   I have not used this toothpaste long enough to notice any surface staining, but it does make me wonder why this type of fluoride is being used instead of another type.  Perhaps this is to help with sensitive teeth, but since that's not an issue for me, I can't tell the difference.

Crest Pro Health refreshing

from Menahga, MN

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Gel Toothpaste - Clean Mint:

I decided to try this toothpaste after seeing an ad on the t.v. about how it is suppost to help reverse ginervitis and sensitivity and ect. after 6 weeks of use. I have noticed after two months of use that I dont have bleeding gums and that my teeth arent as sensitive to hot and cold The true test will be when I go to the dentist but I do notice some improvement. I would suggest it if you are looking for a toothpaste that can help with your gum problems. The only draw back so far is the price that you have to pay for the size of the tube of paste that you get.In my opinion it is way expensive.