3.9
CoverGirl
CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup

CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup

3.9

Pros

• Easy to apply (3)
  • Goes on smoothly (3)
  • Lightweight (3)

Scars... what scars?

I have so many different kinds of makeup that I could open a retail store with the one's that I have on my dresser. It did not matter what kind of makeup I wore I always was able to see the scars on my face that were acquired in a car accident in 1996. My face also tends to get these blotchy red spots, it's dry,  and there is a yellow undertone to my skin. When I bought the Covergirl Tru Blend Makeup I really was not expecting it to be any different from the other makeup that I have, but when I put it on the blotches disappeared, the scars were gone and my face had a nice even tone to it that I have not seen in a long time. It was a transforming moment for me. Covergirl's Tru Blend Makeup has given me back my self confidence. Thank you Covergirl for letting me be me again.

They changed the formula from the original one and it's terrible

The original TruBlend was fantastic!  It went on smoothly, almost like a mousse blend and covered beautifully.  I have several scars and it covered them seamlessly. The new TruBlend is horrible.  It's greasy and does not cover like the original.  I wish Cover Girl would go back to the original formula.  I cannot find anything comparable to the original TruBlend.

Blends So Well, the Red Shines Through

from San Francisco, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Doesn't Stay On
  • Poor Coverage
  • Too Greasy

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I'm not going to sugar-coat anything. Unless you have floodlights following you wherever you go, your makeup will never look as flawless as those models in the commercials do. Man, do I hate those women sometimes...

My face is like a topographical map of the world; my nose have the deepest canyons of pores, while my cheekbones harbor the raised little mountainous blackheads and the occasional zits that I've tried to smooth out through vigorous scrubs and potions. Some parts of my face are as dry as the Sahara, while other parts would have drilling rights because there's so much oil. Not to mention the red patches and some scars that come with the need to zit-pop in my teens... Okay and early twenties...

All I was looking for was a foundation that didn't make my face shine like a homing beacon, covered the "imperfections" successfully during my day, and something that didn't feel like I was wearing a heavy rubber Halloween mask. Unfortunately this didn't make the cut.

Though it was lightweight, there was very little coverage; the red spots still poked their ugly heads through the tint. I understand that after a long day, makeup can wear off and that shiny Rudolph nose of mine will be able to guide some sleighs. But this was present right after applying! I thought maybe I would let one layer set and apply another one. More shine, same amount of coverage.

If you happened to be able to roll out of bed and have perfect skin like those models, I apologize and encourage you to disregard my preceding makeup commentary. But for those combination skinned and dreading to take a look in the mirror first thing in the morning, this foundation is not the way to go.

Great makeup

from Danbury, CT

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

• Dry Skin
    • Full Coverage
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I love this makeup. Makes my skin look so smooth. poreless appearance and i have huge pores! I love this makeup and recommend to anyone.

• Skin Tone:
    • Deep

I will use this product and buy it

from Libya

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish
    • Noncomodegenic
    • Woow

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I did not use this product but i get advice from my friend to use it ..i sawn her face and really find the different before and after , i really love it and will use it.thank you

• Skin Tone:
        • Medium
        • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Only for good skin.

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

While I am not a big fan lf Covergirl foundations. I still keep trying them and i still have yet to find one that works for me. I wish i could because they have better shades generally speaking. When it comes to this foundation. I don't think I've ever hated a foundation in my life more than I hate this one. This did not blend. This did not match. This did not cover. I did not like the feel.of the makeup on my face and it got worse with the addition of the matching powder.
        I assume that if you have near perfect skin and only have to use a small bit, this might be ok for you but still skip the powder. Way too cakey!

Bring back old formula!

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I have very dry skin and the old TruBlend formula worked really well for me - did not settle in lines, good coverage, and long lasting. The new formula goes on a bit cakey, settles in lines, and feels very dry on my skin. SO disappointed and wasting a lot of money looking for a replacement. Why change what's working?? Keep the old one and add a new one if necessary. I've used Cover Girl for many years and am sad to change brands, but have to now.

Average

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

This drugstore foundation is pretty average. I wasn't particularly impressed with the results and I think the price reflects the quality of the product. I found that this product had a pretty dry, almost chalk like finish that looked completely unnatural. I found that this is a heavy coverage foundation that is extremely difficult to blend. It gave me a semi-matte finish, which is something I look for since I have oily skin. I found that this foundation is very long lasting which is another good thing about this product. All in all, this is an average drug store foundation that won't deliver spectacular or impressive results. I won't buy this product again because I'm not a huge fan of it. I also dislike how full the coverage is, and it made my skin look pretty cake-y and seemed to add drama to my pores, fine lines, and mini-wrinkles. I don't think this is the worst drug store foundation on the market, but I wouldn't recommend this foundation. Overall, it was pretty mediocre.

This is a good foundation.

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I have always been a fan of Cover Girl and so I try their different kinds of make up frequently. I am always trying new foundations to find the one I like the most. I recently bought this Cover Girl make up to see how I felt about it. I think it is a pretty good foundation. It comes out cleanly from the pump style bottle. It applies really well to your face. It is not too heavy so it does not make your face look like you have too much make up on it. However, it gives you a really even look. It works really well to give your face a fresh and even look. I thought the color was great too. It really did blend well into my face. I had no lines after applying this. It also looked really well as a base for my powder and other make up. It is not my all time favorite foundation but I would definitely use it again. I would recommend this product to other people as well. I thought highly of it after using it.

I wore this to my wedding!

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I absolutely love this foundation. I originally bought it for my wedding and it worked out beautifully. I'm not the type to wear heavy makeup and this foundation is very light; in fact with a thin layer it's hard to tell you're wearing anything at all.

For the big day I paired it with powder, light eyeliner and very modest fake lashes, and I'm very happy with how the pictures turned out. In fact, I loved this foundation so much that I've worn it to work every day since the wedding, and I never used to wear anything but eyeliner.

As I said before, this foundation is extremely light and, true to its name, it seems to blend with my skin tone. I was worried at first as there weren't many shades to choose from but I'd heard good things so I grabbed the Natural Ivory shade. It blends perfectly with my skin tone and doesn't look cake-y or thick at all.

I've used the corresponding powder before and would recommend it if you like powder. I personally don't use it and find this foundation to be more than enough.

Blends TRU to me!

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

I don't know how they do it, but this foundation somehow matches my skin perfectly! I always have problems finding a foundation to match my skin tone, but this was it! It provdes excellent coverage and layers really well for fuller coverage. If you have issues with matching your skin tone to a foundation, try this out!

It's only "true" if you have a really basic skin tone

from Richmond VA

Comments about CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup:

Well, this was a disappointment! I have a really hard time finding foundation to match my skin tone (my father is Cherokee and my mother is mostly German, so my skin is olive with lots of pink. Tricky to match). When I heard about this makeup, I thought that perhaps I would FINALLY be able to just use one foundation rather than having to mix several kinds of makeup together to create something that worked. So much for that - I have used old stage makeup that looked more natural than this! I tried two different shades and I still didn't hit the mark. It was a complete waste of my money! It's tough for anyone with a mixed racial background or an unusual skin tone to find makeup that works for them, and this was no exception. I definitely won't be trying this kind again anytime soon - I'd rather just stick to my old methods of mixing makeup together to create a REAL "true blend".